The 'Do you remember' & 'How did they turn out?' thread.

My scout just recommended me a player, who I've not seen in years. This thread will probably be for the lads who've been playing this for years and years (like myself)

So, the player that my scout found was this beauty. So he looks decent, nothing like he could've been though... here he is in FM 06

Click here for Sherman

So he looks decent, nothing like he could've been though...

Here he is in FM06

clearly an absolute world beater :D

So have you guys randomly come across anybody recently who you thought.. "Bloody hell, that brings back memories"

Lauri della valle plays in Belgium at the moment for Sint-Truiden. Mokoena was a beast together with Vilakazi, his teammate.

Peter Prospar (Trinidad and Tobago) was my diamond buy in the Championship Manager edition still, I forgot which one. Somehow he turns up to be a lot older now and he's a coach in current FM. Together with Alexandros Papadopoulos he ripped open defenses :). I remember Freddy adu being a 13 or 14 year old when he first appeared in the game (damn that's 10 years ago) and was a must sign for everyone. Daniel Braaten was a Norwegian wonderkid and is already 31 now too. Luciano Galletti was my best Attacking Midfielder together with Cesar Delgado. Ibrahima Bakayoko was one of my best attackers when in probably one of my first Championship Manager games I had. He's still playing at the age of 36. For Goalkeepers the only two gems I can come up with are Ochoa and Akinfeev. I think I can come up with many more of these so maybe I should stop here and give other people a chance lol.

Most of these guys never lived up to their potential sadly :)

Junior Khanye. I don't know if he was a beast for anyone else. But I had a save where he was far and away the best player in the world. Think he had an average rating of above 9 for my Arsenal save on whatever game it was he was on, absolute beast.

Cherno Samba an obvious one as well. He was so good back in the CM days. Shame he never fulfilled his massive potential.

John Bostock- Now in Texas I think

Damien Le Tallec- 7 in 41 in 2 years for Hoverla Uzhhorod. (wikipedia)

Who Doesn't remember, but this guy had it all-----Adriano- The Beast who liked to Feast

John Fleck- Was Lethal a few FM's ago

Anthony Vanden Borre

But My fav was a 16 year old at Real Sociedad in about FM 04-06, think it was Extreberria or something, played as AM,

But My fav was a 16 year old at Real Sociedad in about FM 04-06, think it was Extreberria or something, played as AM,

Oskitz Estefania? Always remember him being tipped for great things. He's playing lower division Spanish football at the moment though!

I can't remember which FM is was where you could pick up Jimmy Briand heaps cheap and he was a monster of a goalscorer. Could have been FM11 or 12. I also remember benching half of the Real Madrid team in 07 when I brought in Renato Augusto because he was an absolute world beater at 19 I think.

Nicolas Millán, 14 year old AM/FC, Colo Colo, Chile. Had to wait 3-4 years to use him but he was worth it!

The Greek kid from Barca's La Masia with a name that few can remember and even fewer can pronounce. He was 12 years old or something and stayed in their youth team for ages. ANYONE REMEMBER HIS NAME?? It was a pretty long surname and definitely Greek!

I remember buying football manager magazine when the debut 05 game came out n it had some young players who they thought were going to be stars and one player has just sprung to my mind in Dutch striker Bjorn Zwikker he was 14 in 05 and was like Adu was tipped for greatness. Sadly I don't have screenshots but remember he used to play for FC Emmen in the Dutch league

Källström and Farnarud were my fav players. Especially Kallstrom who back in those days was something like 22-23 and had 20 at long shots, passing and free kicks. Absolute must buy.

I dont have a screenshot for him but on a few FMs ago there was a greek youngster Roberto Londinos or something like that was making huge waves in greece until a serious knee injury ruled him out. He was immense i remember buying him and he ended up european and world player of the year in his first season as a 17 year old.

WOW... Wiki says he is now a teacher

One word, two syllables (probably spelt incorrectly)... Sigporsson! ;)

Was an absolute beast.

I remember from the one of the earliest CMs that Lee Jones of Liverpool turned out amazing for me too. And Paul Tait of Birmingham?

And Bakircoglu (sp?) a little later too.

Not that any of these guys are still around I don't think. :p

Back in Champ Man days I used to sign James Flood, easily the best performing striker with my formation... and Hamilton Diaz at centre back, one season he was my second top sorer... in real life neither even have a wiki page.

Back in Champ Man days I used to sign James Flood, easily the best performing striker with my formation... and Hamilton Diaz at centre back, one season he was my second top sorer... in real life neither even have a wiki page.

Oh James Flood. It's been a long time since I heard that name... I even forgot about him. He was great. I had him in a lower league team I think. Him and Trevor Chavis and a few other great bargains in those days did the trick.

Some of my favorites from previous years that haven't been mentioned:

Pablo Piatti - FM08

Kerlon

Carlos Vela - FM08 & FM09

Marquinhos - ST ~FM10

Silviu Lung jr - GK FM10

Luis Guilherme - GK FM11

Kara - FM11 & FM12

Andile Jali - FM12

FM 06 was my fave with the likes of

Kristian Sarkies

Sergey Kisily

Dudu Cearense

Nik Besagno

Freddy Adu

Kerlon

Lebohang Mokoena

Sindre Løe Bing

Tommy Høiland

Anthony Silva

Leandro Gioda

Anthony Vanden Borre

Carlos Magno

Ismael Aissati

Per Ciljan Skjelbred

Valeri Bojinov

Talisson da Costa

Billy Jones

Gladstone

There was some Romanian defender Radoi who was pretty good. Maybe back in 07/08!

Mirel Radoi. He's still in FM and still rather good, but he's about 32 now. Solid defender with outstanding leadership skills. He's been playing in the middle east since about 2009. Al Ain now, I beleive.

Who was the Serbian CDM? Had all the attributes for a destroyer. Maybe played in Germany and still does?

I am so close to thinking of the name, and I just can't... it is hurting my head :D

Amazing with Andy Keogh, especially in FM 07 :thup:

FM06 was my first year with FM and I loved managing Scunthorpe. For a few editions they had awesome strikers: Sharp & Keogh first off. Then Beckford, Hayes, Paterson amongst others (I'm sure there was somebody else just as prolific after Sharp/Keogh). The rest of the team was awful but I could get great results from just a two-man team. I also blame those strikers for getting me too interested in FM :)

FM06 was my first year with FM and I loved managing Scunthorpe. For a few editions they had awesome strikers: Sharp & Keogh first off. Then Beckford, Hayes, Paterson amongst others (I'm sure there was somebody else just as prolific after Sharp/Keogh). The rest of the team was awful but I could get great results from just a two-man team. I also blame those strikers for getting me too interested in FM :)

Karl Hawley was there on FM13 I think, although he was more of an FM star in his Preston days.

John Bostock- Now in Texas I think

Damien Le Tallec- 7 in 41 in 2 years for Hoverla Uzhhorod. (wikipedia)

Who Doesn't remember, but this guy had it all-----Adriano- The Beast who liked to Feast

John Fleck- Was Lethal a few FM's ago

Anthony Vanden Borre

Bostock plays for Antwerp (second division , Belgium) the oldest team in belgium and had Jimmy FLoyd hasselbaink as his coach.. now hasselbaink is gone(will sign for a Bosnian side as manager..

Bostock was really good last year producing +10 assits in +- decent team (Antwerp ended 7th).

Van Den Borre plays for anderlecht and is in the Belgium world cup squad.

Loads so the above and, Joao Paiva class goal scorer. Eldar Hadzimehemedovic world class for under 100k

Besart Mazreku

Cherno Samba was destined to be good but tried stabbing a millwall teammate. Get the book football manager ruined my life!

Mark Kerr too...

To the guy who posted up Carlos Vela... U are aware he is still playing and still very good

Remember the early days of Billy Sharp? Would have been about FM06 or so.

Same again in either 07 or 08. Had him in my Fiorentina game where he was banging in 30 goals a season!!!

I remember of my romanian duo that could fit in any team in an old fm

The assist Man :Florentin Petre

The Scorer : Adrian Mihalcea

These guys were so cheep and insane

In this version there was also the nigérian wonderkid from Shaktar Julius Agahowa and the cyprus striker Konstantinou

Archived