Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best performance of the season by far - we absolutely dismantled them. Without Suarez it was good to see the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho and Henderson step up and flourish.

Bit surprised but absolutely delighted with that performance.

what formation did you guys line up with today?

Reina

Carra           Agger  
                           Johnson                                         Enrique

Lucas
                                                           Gerrard
                                                                     Henderson
                            Downing
                                                        Coutinho
                                                Sturridge               

Something like that - a 4-2-3-1 with Henderson tucked in left and Coutinho floating behind the striker.

Reminded me of the first few games Arsenal played without Henry after they sold him. Was a lot of praise about how well they spread the ball about and other players stepped up.

And times in the past when Gerrard has been out and we've looked "better" for it as not everything went through him.

Got to say, the one thing that frustrated me about tonight was Glen Johnson. I have always been a fan but the last few weeks he has gone right off the boil and lost a lot of form. Today he was making some really bad errors in passing, positioning and clearing the ball, and i wonder if its time to give him a rest and play Wisdom for the end of the season.

Of course you'll be first, MOTD doesn't have an anti-Liverpool agenda when it comes to the running order! They will probably spend more time talking about Suarez as the team that just annihilated Newcastle though.

I honestly would not read much into playing well against us right now. We'e like a league two team in the prem.

Your defence wasn't even that good ;) anyway we normally struggle against lower league sides. Northampton and Oldham for example :D

Coutinho was brilliant with his passing ability although he did have lots of time and space. I know Henderson gets some stick but he is the only central midfielder we have that runs box to box and runs into space from deep. I never expected us to be in top 4 but looking at the table I am a bit disappointed and thinking what might have been if we had not dropped silly points at home to Villa, WBA, West Ham and away to Reading. PFA awards decided tonight.

not posted or even read in here since the Suarez bite attack, but holy **** was that a lovely performance yesterday. Already in love with Coutinho as I'm sure everyone else is.

Also Henderson's improvement over this season just immense. Was out of favour behind Shelvey and Allen at the beginning of the season and I was talking about him moving on, not due to lack of talent but because BR didn't seem to have much time for him and seemed to treat the other two as his love children, so great to see he's been proving himself recently. Him and Coutinho were fantastic yesterday together, Hendo constantly dropping central and Cout (have we got a nickname for him yet?) going out wide, hopefully we'll see a lot of that over the next 9 league games.

Also since, was it mid-Dec when BR had a go at Downing in the press? Well that obviously worked and would like Downing to stay another season now, one of the few older players we've got so now he seems to have his head right think it'd be good to keep him a year more at least. On a related note Sterling and Assaidi seem to be out of the picture atm, hopefully some sub time for at least one of them in the last couple of games.

Oh and Carra's face after Perch missed was priceless.

At least we get to see a little of Suso again with Sterling out the picture. A front 3 of Suso, Coutinho and Sturridge could be devastating in a few years, especially if the 1st 2 keep improving.

Archived