Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that's not exactly true is it...

It's a friendly, both teams are tryin to have a run out, get some fitness and raise their PR. Bale is well past the mongo and Adam wants to stop him. Rather than trip him or pull his shirt he steps into him, studs first and gets him perfectly on his achilles. It's a shocker and in pre season it's simply unnaceptable.

If that was done to Gerrard or Suarez in any match and potentially ruled them out for a few months you'd be baying for blood.

How else are you supposed to step with studs on? :D He probably did goto trip him, as he loves he cynical fouls, but it didn't look malicious and it's nowhere near shocking.

Despite that, the quicker we sell him the better.

I know the rumors with Gaitan were almost certainly rubbish but he's exactly what we need, a dynamic, left-footed winger/playmaker. Quick, loves to run at defenders, can definitely slot into the pass-and-move/one-twos system Rodgers plays. Spending £15M on Joe Allen would be a big misuse of resources. Even with Aquilani apparently leaving, we still have much more depth in midfield than out wide. I don't see Carroll starting so we still need a third player to form the trident with Borini and Suarez and right now our choices are what, Cole and Downing?

Can't believe anybody is mocking City's attempts to sign Agger. Bidding low and getting negotiated up is a much better strategy than bidding high and STILL getting negotiated up like we seem to be doing.

Hmmm, not sure how that works. Even if he reluctantly agrees to the loan now surely he gets the final say before its made permanent?

And would west ham have to buy if they stay up? Just get it done permanently. Don't think this really helps us at all, can envisage him coming back next season which won't be much use to us.

Hmmm, not sure how that works. Even if he reluctantly agrees to the loan now surely he gets the final say before its made permanent?

And would west ham have to buy if they stay up? Just get it done permanently. Don't think this really helps us at all, can envisage him coming back next season which won't be much use to us.

If it's a loan with an agreed transfer, he'll have to agree terms now. If it's a loan with an option, he probably won't.

It actually works better for you to have it a loan and then sell him in a year from a bookmaking point of view fwiw

Terrible business if true. We better have someone lined up if he goes. ****in sick of us being **** on with regards to transfer fees, why are we so limp dicked? :mad:

Do you honestly believe there's any club out there that will pay more than the 19m this deal is for? Really?

BBC reporting it too - you'd have to assume that Rodgers has a couple of players lined up - losing Aqua and Carroll and not replacing them would be poor business, especially when Carroll's is just a 2m loan move. Can't accuse the guy of not having the balls to implement exactly the kind of style he wants, and not compromising on the players that can do it though I guess

Do you honestly believe there's any club out there that will pay more than the 19m this deal is for? Really?

Probably not, no but why agree to a loan, why not £19m straight up or good bye, especially as BR has just come out and said he can fit into the system? Plus it's the culmination of us paying ridiculous fees for average players then taking a 50%+ loss on them. Joe Allen for £15m (if that's what it is) is disgusting too. Just very unhappy with our summer so far once again.

I dont think Rodgers is stupid enough to let them go without knowing what he is doing. Then again, regarding Aquilani, we are overloaded with midfielders anyway and he is one of our higher earners.

Probably not, no but why agree to a loan, why not £19m straight up or good bye, especially as BR has just come out and said he can fit into the system? Plus it's the culmination of us paying ridiculous fees for average players then taking a 50%+ loss on them. Joe Allen for £15m (if that's what it is) is disgusting too. Just very unhappy with our summer so far once again.

If it's an optional loan, you have a point. If it's a forced transfer, you very much don't as the loan>sale is in your favour

Kaka, Higuain and Affelay on loan would definitely make the summer brighter :cool:

:rolleyes:.

God, higuian would have the choice of any club in europe pretty much. Would love him.

Which is why he would never join us.

What have you been smoking?! :D Give some to Sy13 and djvandyke

I think we will all need some if we signed them.

If it's an optional loan, you have a point. If it's a forced transfer, you very much don't as the loan>sale is in your favour

I think it's probably set up as loan + conditional future transfer because West Ham just got promoted. If they were to go back down, it would not be good for their finances to have just spent £21M on a striker to now play in the Championship. If they stay up though, the league revenues will cover it fine.

“We apologise to all our fans around the world for the recent confusion surrounding players and transfers. Complete secrecy was required for a successful mole hunt, and we are now happy to confirm normal service resuming. We can categorically say that no deals have been agreed for Andy Carroll or Alberto Aquilani"

No idea if that's accurate or not.

How much are we supposed to be paying for yet another average player?

Edit - nvm, I see it's 5million. Not so bad for a squad player considering our pathetic history in the transfer market. If we paid anymore I think I'd give up football.

Archived