Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't tell if it's Spearing, Adam or both who have been caught on the ball nearly everytime he's received it.

You would't want to start with one of these players let alone both. Spearing is like a bulldog good battler no ball control or vision.

Adam can't tackle goes for the glory pass which results him giving the ball away.

Eccleston is better than I thought but looks more of a winger than striker.

This football can get tedious at times. Very little movement and runs up front

It's all very well keeping the ball but we seem to be knocking it across the back 4 most of the time. I can't recall too many times a Liverpool player taking an opponent on. No pace while whe midfield sits deep supporting the defence rather than helping the strikers.

Anyone know if we're on TV on Thursday?

Some guy on here who works for ESPN posted the other day both legs have been picked up by ESPN aswell as the Leverkusen friendly.

dagger apparently wants out

Manchester City made a 13 million-pound bid for Liverpool defender Daniel Agger, who is also wanted by Real Madrid and Barcelona, the Daily Mirror reported.

The Danish center-back has already told Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers that he wants to leave and is expected to confirm in the next two weeks whether he will opt for City or one of the two Spanish clubs, the Mirror added.

i like him but if city's opening gambit is £13mio, there could be good cash to be made here. of course that increases the risk of carra playing more. but surely we have to believe we could get a good replacement at a lower price?

the one thing i would not like about a sale is that it kind of sends a sinking ship signal. in a way it would be worse than when torres and masch jumped ship. it would be like even the next tier of player is not happy with how things are going at the club.

i guess of course the whole thing could be bs.

i like him but if city's opening gambit is £13mio, there could be good cash to be made here. of course that increases the risk of carra playing more. but surely we have to believe we could get a good replacement at a lower price?

the one thing i would not like about a sale is that it kind of sends a sinking ship signal. in a way it would be worse than when torres and masch jumped ship. it would be like even the next tier of player is not happy with how things are going at the club.

i guess of course the whole thing could be bs.

Accepting anything less than 20M for Agger would show how pitiful we are in the transfer market imo. Prepared to pay stupid sums when purchasing, but prepared to have terms dictated to us when selling.

Why is Charlie Adam's tackle on Bale being described as a "horror" tackle and so on. It's just looked incredibly clumsy to me. Adam not the best at tackling tbh.

Only being brought up because Adam put Bale out for 3 months before with a bad tackle. So Bale is having a whinge about this one too.

Was a bit of a Scholes tackle. Only Adam isn't well liked enough to pull it off.

I think this time he will be leaving to be honest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19043308

Shame, but just hope we use the money to bring Allen in.

Will still leave us around £10m to find to get Allen though. Best guess judging by figures been thrown around in the past.

Thought we had stopped paying silly money for players with very little top flight experience?

I'm welsh and whilst i do rate Joe Allen, how can you justify a price tag of £15m??

I understand that it is supposed to be a min. fee clause but aren't most min. fee clauses inflated to discourage people from paying it?

Only being brought up because Adam put Bale out for 3 months before with a bad tackle. So Bale is having a whinge about this one too.

Was a bit of a Scholes tackle. Only Adam isn't well liked enough to pull it off.

Well that's not exactly true is it...

It's a friendly, both teams are tryin to have a run out, get some fitness and raise their PR. Bale is well past the mongo and Adam wants to stop him. Rather than trip him or pull his shirt he steps into him, studs first and gets him perfectly on his achilles. It's a shocker and in pre season it's simply unnaceptable.

If that was done to Gerrard or Suarez in any match and potentially ruled them out for a few months you'd be baying for blood.

A mate of mine says we've put loan bids in for Affelay and Kaka :D

The kaka loan deal was stared off by the spanish marca which people then started to tweet. Not going to happen and we wont be signing Ramirez which is another rumour started by twitter. I dont think we will sign anyone this week as the team are travelling away for the europa game and we will prob see who we sell first.

im glad aquilanis off tbh if only to get him off the wage bill. we still seem to be haemorrhaging money on wages atm on fringe players.

can adam leave already aswell pls?? the first 3 times he saw the ball the other day he was atrociously appalling and didnt really get any better after.

Archived