Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

he had a great run in the 2nd half and like i was screaming all last season where is our forwards attacking nouse making that near post run?? pretty much impossible to knock back post or middle in situations like that with any kind of accuracy.

on the transfer issue, i really wouldnt mind us getting talyor and butland from team GB. easily 2 of the standout players and thats the 3rd time ive heard allen is a done deal so looks like it is. if it means less time for adam and spearing then im all for it :thup: though £15m is excessive.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on reflection it was a decent win for us in the end. clearly not fit enough like i said but still showed the desire to battle for 90 mins even if it was of poor quality.

i still worry we dont have anywhere near the quality to compete to where we want to be atm but if rodgers can get us performing to or above our potential we'll do alright.

ideally i'd like to see adam and spearing leave along with aquilani and probably carroll too if im honest but we must supplement them with proper quality to progress.

14 starts in 28 games for Aquilani at Liverpool. Only completed a game twice in the PL (vs Pompey and Reading).

Not really surprised, and going by Rodgers quote on Monday:

"The situation with Alberto is simple," said Rodgers. "I have wanted to assess him over the first few weeks of training.

"Over the course of the next week, I will make a decision on what's going to be best for us, whether he will be useful for the group or whether it's best for him to move on."

So the 3rd manager in a row to decide he isn't good enough for us.

Are people going to stop whinging now that he was never given a chance? Or that the managers didn't know what they're doing?

Perma banned or is he coming back?

This

If you still have to ask for streams this day and age, you don't know how to internet.

Very much this

He'll be back just in time for the second leg.

And this. Well, unless he goes off like some have and creates alias accounts and what not.

Aqua deal done.

Not sure on the terms though.

It's 4m euro, with us having to pay him off 1.7m euro, as Fiorentina can't pay all his wage. So 2.3m euro.

Basically, we got rid of a 125k week player, who never played for us. The 17mil we paid for him was Gillett and Hicks money, which is now history, so I'm not even that bothered about the fee.

Aqua isn't a world beater and he certainly couldn't settle as well as anyone would have liked, managers coming in who want to put their own stamp on the team but need to create funds will always look towards players who are unsettled, on high wages who can be replaced. If Aqua was on 125k a week then it's not a mystery that he's been shipped out, colossal wage.

Still a pity that it hasn't worked out as he fits the system a lot better than the likes of Adam who will most likely be still here when the window closes.

Not sure how somebody can come to the conclusion that Aqua leaving and being replaced by Allen isn't an improvement? Allen will probably play more games in half a season than Aqua has done in two years. That's an improvement in itself.

Glad Aqua is gone. Waste of money and completely useless to us.

A player that fits the style, and that the manager knows can do the job he wants him to do effectively is surely a good signing whichever way you cut it. You're not just going to happen upon a new Alonso

It isn't really about whether Aquilani is "better or worse" than Allen, its about he's better than the likes of Spearing/Adam/Henderson/Cole who will all take up a squad place next season by the looks of it.

Its some kind of twisted logic that we had to move Aquilani on to decrease the wage bill because every other midfielder is obviously so unwanted by anyone that we couldn't even pay them off to move them on, so we are stuck with them.

Actually that Swansea fan (ME) has seen Allen play at youth team, reserve team, first team level - actually pretty much every game he's ever played at senior level - home and away. If anyone knows him it's him. How many times you seen him play DeafParrot?

A player that fits the style, and that the manager knows can do the job he wants him to do effectively is surely a good signing whichever way you cut it. You're not just going to happen upon a new Alonso

Yea, we've already got a better player in that role. So we'd be spending 15M on a backup. I don't think I'm alone in saying **** that.

The Aquilani/Allen comparison is absurd, they're different players. But anyone who realistically saw Aquilani play in a red shirt is kidding themselves if they think he wasn't a player we should have been accommodating if at all possible. His vision and creativity were probably unmatched in the last two years by a midfielder here, and we did our best to get him away for the bulk of that time. Depressing, and another indication of the club stupidly trying to discard everything from the Rafa era without admitting he was probably right.

Yea, we've already got a better player in that role. So we'd be spending 15M on a backup. I don't think I'm alone in saying **** that.

The Aquilani/Allen comparison is absurd, they're different players. But anyone who realistically saw Aquilani play in a red shirt is kidding themselves if they think he wasn't a player we should have been accommodating if at all possible. His vision and creativity were probably unmatched in the last two years by a midfielder here, and we did our best to get him away for the bulk of that time. Depressing, and another indication of the club stupidly trying to discard everything from the Rafa era without admitting he was probably right.

Bollocks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1263176/Alberto-Aquilani-injury-woe-mind-hints-Liverpool-boss-Benitez.html

He was a fraud even in Benitez days. He is mentally weak and is a massive coward. He always has been.

Archived