Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid – UEFA Champions League – 10 March 2009

Lineups:

Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Skrtel, Carragher, Aurelio, Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt, Gerrard ©, Babel, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Hyypia, Lucas, Ngog, Spearing, Kelly.

Real Madrid: Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Heinze, Robben, Diarra, Gago, Sneijder, Raul ©, Higuain.

Subs: Dudek, Saviola, Marcelo, Guti, Metzelder, Miguel Torres, Van der Vaart.

Shows how far you can fall in 3 years :(. I guess the Owl faced one did do one thing well, he succeeded in lowering every ones expectations.

Read a bit the other day that Rodgers considered Allen the one true potential top 4 player in Swansea's squad which is why they put this £15m release clause on him which in turn looks like it's going to bite him on the arse here.

I don't see the Scholes comparison either really. Always thought of Scholes as a Xabi-esque playmaker with his finesse passing. Joe's a lot more 'busy' from what I've seen, better defensively, a bit more mobile but doesn't have Scholes passing range or ability to get on the end of things in the box. But he's perfect for BR's philosophy as he moves possession on quickly. I think it's hard to compare him to another footballer because there's few that play in his style on the ball but then have that mobility and aggression to win the ball back 3-4 times a game.

Let City buy Sakho, we can keep DAgger.

Other clubs make us pay ridiculous fees for players so why should we sell our best players for what they are worth? If he goes for anything less than £30m then we will be an even bigger laughing stock than we are already.

we should have told swansea to shove it ages ago. get sahin in on loan and buy him for a cut down £5m next season when swansea get relegated. :thup:

Yeah good luck with that.

"I would not be interested in a team that are not competitive, such as Newcastle or Liverpool. When I am gone, I would like to improve as a player and to do that I have play with other quality players, which I do not have at those clubs."

WE'RE A BIG CLUB THOUGH, ALL TOP PLAYERS WANT TO COME TO LIVERPOOL EVEN THOUGH WE AREN'T IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

i'm pretty sure Agger doesn't have just a year left on his contract though

2 years left, seeing as we wont finish in the top 4 this season coming, would he sign an extension or a new contract, missing out on CL football yet again?

Otherwise we would be in the same position as Arsenal with Nasri and Van Persie, in a years time.

Sakho is available for transfer...

I understand he has got a good reputation but who has seen him play to make a judgement on him?

Henderson is far more attack minded than Allen, and isn't really a playmaker in the same kind of way. Further having 3 for team players for 2 positions in central midfield is not at all a bad idea. We could end up playing 60games this year with a couple of decent cup runs. We're gonna need more than Hendo and Lucas, and the less Spearing and Adam the better

Quote Originally Posted by Sahin

"I would not be interested in a team that are not competitive, such as Newcastle or Liverpool. When I am gone, I would like to improve as a player and to do that I have play with other quality players, which I do not have at those clubs."

Competitive in terms of CL qualification of being able to offer the highest wages, I wonder.

Henderson is far more attack minded than Allen, and isn't really a playmaker in the same kind of way. Further having 3 for team players for 2 positions in central midfield is not at all a bad idea. We could end up playing 60games this year with a couple of decent cup runs. We're gonna need more than Hendo and Lucas, and the less Spearing and Adam the better

Henderson is not attack minded.

He LOVES passing the ball 5-10 yards backwards ffs.

Competitive in terms of CL qualification of being able to offer the highest wages, I wonder.

I'm pretty certain it's a loan market you're looking at with Sahin??

He's much better off going to Arsenal or Tottenham and developing there than he ever will be in the mess that is Liverpool atm.

As a Real Madrid player looking to impress and improve would you honestly be looking at going near a Liverpool side?

Nothing to do with moving to London either.

Cant really comment on Sahin, not seen him play enough to make a judgement but his attitude shows a lack of respect to certain players at Newcastle and Liverpool.

Pretty sure Lucas and Tiote will give him a warm welcome :)

He's much better off going to Arsenal or Tottenham and developing there than he ever will be in the mess that is Liverpool atm.

As a Real Madrid player looking to impress and improve would you honestly be looking at going near a Liverpool side?

At least he'll have a chance of winning medals with us.

Could agrue that he would make a bigger impression in a Liverpool side than an Arsenal/Spurs one.

What's medal is that then?

I think we're maybe a bit better than you, sorry.

Could agrue that he would make a bigger impression in a Liverpool side than an Arsenal/Spurs one.

Potentially but would you take that risk as a player? I would not.

atm I wouldn't want to be near Liverpool

im talking about the Henderson at Sunderland, either needs to play like he did there or go.

That was the problem, he had a good 6 months in that season, showed some promise and then we went in and signed him for crazy money.

The general consensus amongst Sunderland fans was that he had ability but lacked consistency.

All we have seen in his time with us is his lack of consistency, none of the ability he showed whilst at Sunderland.

Will we see it? I have my doubts.

if he is available for sale from a club that clearly dont have to sell their best players then maybe he's not as good as some make him out to be...

We're talking Ancelotti here, he loves his older defenders and Sakho has three defenders (Alex, Lugano, and now Silva) ahead of him

Pretty sure they would've kept him if he agreed to be a backup player, but I don't think someone who made over 150 senior games for PSG and already been capped by the NT would stick around for a backup role

And he's only 22 y/o

I would If I was the player.

Chance to help a team with a history of success regain such success and pretty much a cert to start each game.

that's fair enough but if i was sahin and had no affiliation to liverpool (??) i personally would not care about trying to return the club to successful times in my season long loan spell. i'm pretty certain he's going to get a good deal of first team football no matter where he goes but i think the thought of working around the arsenal or spurs squads is more exciting for him. for me even if i wasn't an arsenal fan working with cazorla, podolski, potentially rvp etc sounds better.

as a non-liverpool fan i think it's evident that you can't attract players you once could, history only goes so far for your reputation. you're just going to have to work with weaker alternatives for the minute and forget some of the bigger names. dempsey for example imo would be a solid signing for you to move on in the short term and yet i see some liverpool fan reject him.

Like I've said many a time, Agger is a brilliant defender, but is so unreliable. If we was to get 20m+ and maybe Johnson thrown in somewhere, you can't argue with that. Get in a defender which is less injury prone. It's not the end of the world like people make out. Unless he signs a Swansea defender, then you can be mad.

Archived