Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it helps you have him. Suarez has more of a free-role and the formation with Sturridge as CF has showed it can work. Also his finishing was bad against Spurs but he caused them a lot of problems with this movement. It may not be you who said that he was a good buy but his first few games, a lot of people on this thread thought it was an excellent signing. Me as a Chelsea fan think you have a terrific CF in him. Just needs a whole season to prove it. He is selfish sometimes yes but it is good that someone can take away the burden of Suarez.

well thats debatable. it may help free up suarez (although i would argue it just means hes deeper with the same amount of "freeness" now, rather than being "free-er"), but it means the entire shape of the team needed to be altered to fit him in and stop suarez having to play from wide. we look a lot less balanced playing 4231 than we did in a 433. thats my number one concern here, and my concerns with sturridge as a player are all secondary to that.

Can't see how people are saying Insipidus is knee jerking with his reactions, I don't agree with his points on Stirridge but both Allen and Rodgers are poor in my opinion.

So the answer is get rid of Rodgers?

Win a game = "We can get fourth!"

Lose a game = "Rodgers out!"

This pretty much sums it up.

It is like reading things posted by primary school kids in this thread at times.

It's not childishness, it's passion.

No!!! All of us have passion, but the expectancy of some people is laughable. We played really poor today and I am not hiding that but those wanting Rodgers out just need a bit of a slap really.

not like Rodgers has been able to make massive changes with what he inherited,

Spent £40m. Not a bad amount.

You lot were never going to get 4th this season anyway so it was a case of steadily improve on last season which he has done (To a certain degree). The real test is next season when he gets to put his stamp on the defence more. That is where it will be make or break for him as a Liverpool manager.

Spent £40m. Not a bad amount.
if the figures on the wiki are accurate its more like £47m, and that is not counting whatever loan fee that was spent on Şahin

Fabio Borini £8m

Joe Allen £15m

Oussama Assaidi £2,5m

Samed Yesil £1m

Daniel Sturridge £12m

Philippe Coutinho £8,5m

Isn't Icelander saying the same could be said for CP, rather than agreeing with him?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was indeed, but SRL taking it to mean him makes it so that it can certainly be meant that way and it still fits beautifully :D

:p

This pretty much sums it up.

It is like reading things posted by primary school kids in this thread at times.

can you stop peddling this nonsense? one liverpool fan saying one thing after one game, and another saying something different after another IS NOT FLIP FLOPPING. really annoying, this.

oh i see. not allowed an opinion unless i give it whilst blindfolded then. im not going into it again because ive given my views on rodgers plenty in here, but i just dont think hes the man to take liverpool forward. what exactly is wrong with stating that?

Numerous have said that they don't want Rodgers. Not just one. But either way, we've improved on last season, so based on that, in a manager's first year, I'm ****ing baffled as to how anyone can claim he's doing a bad job. Isn't improvement what we are looking for?

The Rodgers out brigade, along with the slating Sturridge platoon, need their heads examining. We've improved a lot this season, and as frustrating as it is to watch, consistency is the hardest thing to find in football. Rodgers team selection was **** poor yesterday, and he needs to learn from it as much as the players need to learn from a defeat. What would getting rid of him at the end of the season accomplish do we think?

Wow, finally watched the highlights from yesterday and EVERY attacking highlight for Soton (I was basically just watching him), Skrtel was absoloutely terrible :D Looks like he'd been plucked off the street to fill in, so little awareness of what was happening around him.

got to give enrique some credit. playing miles better than the rest of the back 4 in recent weeks. what was lucas doing for their 3rd though? half arsed tracking back and lazy, didnt even have the excuse he was tired. he's there to protect the back 4 and that 'attempt' was awful.

or am i not allowed to say that?

RESULTS COMPARISON CHART 2012/13

Reading = Bolton
Southampton = Blackburn
West Ham = Wolves

Points		
				Last season	This season 	Diff  Now  Last
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/08/2012 West Brom v Liverpool        W 0-2           L 3-0 		-3	
26/08/2012 Liverpool v Man City         D 1-1           D 2-2 		-3	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/09/2012 Liverpool v Arsenal          L 1-2           L 0-2           -3
15/09/2012 Sunderland v Liverpool       L 1-0           D 1-1           -2
23/09/2012 Liverpool v Man Utd          D 1-1           L 1-2           -3
29/09/2012 Norwich v Liverpool          W 0-3           W 2-5           -3
06/10/2012 Liverpool v Stoke            D 0-0           D 0-0           -3   
20/10/2012 Liverpool v Reading          W 3-1           W 1-0           -3
27/10/2012 Everton v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           -5
04/11/2012 Liverpool v Newcastle        W 3-1           D 1-1           -7
11/11/2012 Chelsea v Liverpool          W 1-2           D 1-1           -9
17/11/2012 Liverpool v Wigan            L 1-2           W 3-0           -6
24/11/2012 Swansea v Liverpool          L 0-1           D 0-0           -5
28/11/2012 Tottenham v Liverpool        L 4-0           L 2-1           -5
01/12/2012 Liverpool v Southampton      D 1-1           W 1-0           -3
08/12/2012 West Ham v Liverpool        	W 0-3           W 2-3           -3
15/12/2012 Liverpool v Aston Villa     	D 1-1           L 1-3           -4
22/12/2012 Liverpool v Fulham           L 0-1           W 4-0           -1
26/12/2012 Stoke v Liverpool            L 1-0           L 3-1           -1
29/12/2012 QPR v Liverpool             	L 3-2           W 0-3           +2
01/01/2013 Liverpool v Sunderland       D 1-1           W 3-0           +4
12/01/2013 Man Utd v Liverpool          L 2-1           L 2-1           +4
19/01/2013 Liverpool v Norwich          D 1-1           W 5-0           +6 
30/01/2013 Arsenal v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           +4 
02/02/2013 Man City v Liverpool         L 3-0           D 2-2           +5
09/02/2013 Liverpool v West Brom        L 0-1           L 0-2           +5    
23/02/2013 Liverpool v Swansea         	D 0-0           W 5-0           +7
02/03/2013 Wigan v Liverpool           	D 0-0           W 0-4           +9   42   42 
09/03/2013 Liverpool v Tottenham        D 0-0           W 3-2           +11  45   42
16/03/2013 Southampton v Liverpool      W 2-3           L 3-1           +8   45   42
30/03/2013 Aston Villa v Liverpool      W 0-2                                     42
06/04/2013 Liverpool v West Ham        	W 2-1                                     43
13/04/2013 Reading v Liverpool          L 3-1                                     46
20/04/2013 Liverpool v Chelsea          W 4-1                                     46
27/04/2013 Newcastle v Liverpool        L 1-2                                     49
04/05/2013 Liverpool v Everton          W 3-0                                     49
12/05/2013 Fulham v Liverpool           L 1-0                                     52
19/05/2013 Liverpool v QPR              W 1-0                                     52

got to give enrique some credit. playing miles better than the rest of the back 4 in recent weeks. what was lucas doing for their 3rd though? half arsed tracking back and lazy, didnt even have the excuse he was tired. he's there to protect the back 4 and that 'attempt' was awful.

or am i not allowed to say that?

He has (re Enrique). Even when we've been winning our defence hasn't been on their game. Sounds like yesterday they had zero help from midfield too, and i'm guessing they tried to play Allen in the Lucas position again.

Anyone see how well Sahin played yesterday? Baffles me that we couldn't do anything with him.

Like I said earlier, Sahin could had the pace and physicality of the Premier league, from what I could tell anyway.

With Spurs losing, that terrible defeat didn't cost us as much as it should of done.

It's the old "we can get 4th" jinx though. Didn't Gerrard say something similar last season, followed by using going on a monumentally bad run in? Should stop tempting fate ffs :D

We anihilated you first half, should have been four up easily. You were ok for a spell second half but barely created much.

So glad when I heard Lucas was on the bench, couldn't barely see Joe Allen, actually forgot he was playing and Gerrard, well he was awful. Barely moved, didn't track back and spent most of the game humping it to an offside Sturridge. My Liverpool supporting mate who was with me at the game (I was annoyingly surrounded by about 6 Liverpool fans in the home section) reckons Gerrard was coasting because he didn't want to get injured or knacker himself with England duty coming up. He reckons he cares more about England these days because Liverpool are unlikely to do much in the time he has left, whereas he could get to another World Cup with England and will be Captain.

Countiho looked good again but was starved of supply and Clyne generally kept him quiet, he needs to get a bit stronger I reckon, he might also be better in the hole than out wide. Thought Sturridge was poor, fairly lazy, offside too much and his first touch let him down most times. Suarez barely got the ball (credit to our midfield) plus our players wound him up and got to him. Skrtel just wasn't up for the battle, Lambert just owned him and won pretty much every header and physical battle, if he;s not match fit then you should have played Carragher, I rekcon he would have competed better physically with Lambert and you have no pace worries against him.

Countiho looked good again.

Yes, Coutinho scored, but Nathaniel Clyne dealt with him very easily throughout the game. Coutinho simply didn't have the pace to threaten Clyne and it looks like England got their right back selection wrong and Clyne should be in the senior team not the under 21's. Nathaniel Clyne looked twice the player of Glen Johnson (who made mistakes throughout).

Yes, Coutinho scored, but Nathaniel Clyne dealt with him very easily throughout the game. Coutinho simply didn't have the pace to threaten Clyne and it looks like England and England under 21's got their right back selection wrong. Nathaniel Clyne looked twice the player of Glen Johnson (who made mistakes throughout).

Unfortunately international squads are not picked on the one and only game before they're announced.

Archived