Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tbf though he hasn't played for about 6 or 7 games has he? Not going to be match fit like, where was Carra?

There is a massive difference between match fit and lazy. He didn't even try to make a challenge for their third.

Will wait until I hear BR interview after the game before I comment on that display, he better take the blame for that shambles.

Can not believe he thought starting Allen was a good idea considering he's **** and ****ed ATM, putting him in there on his own is a shocking decision. Made that mistake earlier on this year and should have learnt. So ****ing anrgy, more at myself for letting myself believe we could kick on until the end of the season. Is Rodgers afraid of subbing players off who are playing ****?

If we can all see it, why can't Rodgers and his team of 'experts'?

I don't care if we get beat as long as there's some fight in the team, but that was just pathetic.

The fact that there was no fight is the players fault. They were the ones who put no effort in. Rodgers can't do that for them.

The fact that there was no fight is the players fault. They were the ones who put no effort in. Rodgers can't do that for them.

Really? We were still pretty bad, but looked immeasurably better once Lucas came on. Allen playing at all, never mind starting as the most defence minded midfielder is nothing short of a joke. Add into that the obviousness of the struggle in the first half, and Rodgers should have done SOMETHING, yet he seemed happy to wait it out until half time. Absurd really.

Glad we got to see the real sturridge today as well. what a shambles of a signing that boy will be.

anyone know what rodgers has had to say yet?

From Sky Sports:

Liverpool had won three Premier League games in a row to raise hopes of European qualification, but produced a ragged performance at St Mary's, particularly in the first half.

Rodgers was disappointed with the goals his side conceded on the South Coast and admitted Liverpool did not get going until they were 2-0 down.

"I thought Southampton deserved to win," Rodgers told Sky Sports. "We were nowhere near what we've been in the last number of weeks.

"It's very difficult at this level whenever you make the start we made today of being two goals behind. We only started to play when it went to 2-0."

Brendan Rodgers

"It's very difficult at this level whenever you make the start we made today of being two goals behind. We only started to play when it went to 2-0.

"The three goals conceded were disappointing goals today, but in between the second goal and the third goal we were very good.

"We got to 2-1 just before half-time and had more fluency and flow in our game. We created chances, but then conceded a poor third goal that was far too easy and from that perspective it was bitterly disappointing."

The international break means Liverpool do not play for a fortnight and Rodgers wants a positive response in the next game at Aston Villa.

He added: "I said before the game that this game was arguably going to be one of the toughest games for us this season and overall I can't complain.

"We weren't at our best and we're not the sort of team yet when, if we're not at our best, we can see through results.

"We have to lick our wounds for a couple of weeks before the next game, and we have to make sure it was a one-off and we get back to how we were playing, at a real high level and with confidence."

Wonder if he will persist with the 4-2-4 system because if we play like that against Everton, Chelsea or Newcastle we will get blitzed. He still can't get the balance of defence and attack right, and I just wish he would adapt his game plan and stop playing so open as its exposing the defence too much and against good sides we are struggling to keep clean sheets.

Wonder if he will persist with the 4-2-4 system because if we play like that against Everton, Chelsea or Newcastle we will get blitzed. He still can't get the balance of defence and attack right, and I just wish he would adapt his game plan and stop playing so open as its exposing the defence too much and against good sides we are struggling to keep clean sheets.

Yeah, as good as the results have been lately, we had a far better balance between defence and attack when we were 433 with Gerrard at the top of the three. Sturridge was a poor buy - we should have been all over another winger instead.

Think the issue was more not starting the available, fit first choice DMC?

Has Lucas even been called up for the Brazil squad?

2 weeks until our next game, strange decision to rest him. Can only be his love fest for Allen that seen him start.

Yeah, as good as the results have been lately, we had a far better balance between defence and attack when we were 433 with Gerrard at the top of the three. Sturridge was a poor buy - we should have been all over another winger instead.

Funny how opinions change. He has one bad game then people say he was a bad buy yet in his first few games you were thinking you had a next prolific striker to help Suarez. Make your mind up, how can you say that he is a bad buy?

Funny how opinions change. He has one bad game then people say he was a bad buy yet in his first few games you were thinking you had a next prolific striker to help Suarez. Make your mind up, how can you say that he is a bad buy?

Eh? I said nothing of the sort. He's a bad buy because we needed a winger to fit into the relatively decent 433 system we'd worked on for 6 months. We also didnt need to buy a striker like sturridge, who is more interested in his goal tally than the team.

EDIT: hes had more than one bad game. he was shocking against spurs.

Eh? I said nothing of the sort. He's a bad buy because we needed a winger to fit into the relatively decent 433 system we'd worked on for 6 months. We also didnt need to buy a striker like sturridge, who is more interested in his goal tally than the team.

EDIT: hes had more than one bad game. he was shocking against spurs.

But it helps you have him. Suarez has more of a free-role and the formation with Sturridge as CF has showed it can work. Also his finishing was bad against Spurs but he caused them a lot of problems with this movement. It may not be you who said that he was a good buy but his first few games, a lot of people on this thread thought it was an excellent signing. Me as a Chelsea fan think you have a terrific CF in him. Just needs a whole season to prove it. He is selfish sometimes yes but it is good that someone can take away the burden of Suarez.

Archived