Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Why is it a stupid policy?

Because you also need some "men" in the team to give experience and consistency. It' a good policy to begin with, or squad is young and full of potential now, but it needs some finished articles to take that next step.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shain wasn't sharp enough and physical enough to play in the Premier League IMO. There were better players ahead of him in his position and if he is not professional enough to play where the boss wants him to play then good riddance. He isn't anywhere near good enough to dictate where he should be playing.

Why is it a stupid policy?
It's just not common sense to have a set in stone policy which removes so many options. I'm not saying sign loads of old players, and i generally agree with looking to youth for your transfers, but if good older players are available why restrict yourself? Especially when you lose Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi etc, and now Carragher will be leaving.

Shain wasn't sharp enough and physical enough to play in the Premier League IMO. There were better players ahead of him in his position and if he is not professional enough to play where the boss wants him to play then good riddance. He isn't anywhere near good enough to dictate where he should be playing.

when did he not play where Rodgers wanted him to or try and dictate where he was playing? All I can see from those quotes is he asked BR why he was playing him there, seems a fair enough question, and has now said he's happy not to be there. I've had ****** bosses in the past and am glad I no longer work under them, doesn't mean i wasn't entirely professional while I worked there

Honestly the **** ex-players get for coming out and saying reasonable things is baffling at times.

It's just not common sense to have a set in stone policy which removes so many options. I'm not saying sign loads of old players, and i generally agree with looking to youth for your transfers, but if good older players are available why restrict yourself? Especially when you lose Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi etc, and now Carragher will be leaving.

Yea, none of those you listed were a loss. Maybe Maxi at a stretch.

Yea, none of those you listed were a loss. Maybe Maxi at a stretch.
Disagree.
We would have looked far better pre jan with any of Kuyt, Bellamy or Maxi in the team.
Agree. Bellamy, and Maxi particularly i think but both wanted to leave to return home apparently.

Like i say, why limit yourself in a transfer market which is competitive already?

The Reds team in full is: Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez.

Subs: Gulacsi, Wisdom, Henderson, Shelvey, Lucas, Suso, Ibe.

Ibe a sub. Massive progress. Where is Sterling, Aissadi, Borini? Injured?

Borini is out for the season following a shoulder injury. Can't remember who that was against. Assaidi is hardly ever in the squad and not sure about Raheem.

Archived