Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think you have to go back 23 games out of 28 for us to drop out the top 4. such a bad, bad start to the season. think beating spurs and hopefully chelsea too would just be such a massive boost for us given our other results against top teams this season.

it'll be such an open game imo, should be fun. no way we'll sit everyone behind the ball at home so bale and lennon will have a field day. just hope sturridge plays so suarez can drop deeper and parker has to track him all game, he'll run rings around him.

will be interesting how you's go about it as we haven't got anything to lose and i expect are just going to go all out and try and win every game for the remainder of this season.

One hell of a game on sunday that's all I can say, yes wba was a weird one for you but otherwise in 2013 pool have been great in prem.
There are plenty of other weird ones to add to that list! Aston villa at home for a start.

Spurs record in league games played immediately after European Games:

QPR Home - Won 2-1

Villa Home - Won 2-0

Southampton Away - Won 2-1

Man City Away - Lost 2-1

West Ham Home - Won 3-1

Everton Away - Lost 2-1

West Ham Away - Won 3-2

Pretty good overall, although I still fancy us to turn them over.

But looking at that, the bigger teams (Everton, Man City) were both away and lost to both of them. I think we can grab a win but it'll be very tight, and Bale must be shut down, completely. Else we have no hope.

Just been reading the comments on a picture on Facebook. It was asking if you would ever take Torres back. The respone seemed pretty even and it made me think, why does he get all the hate he does from Liverpool fans for leaving us?

So, my question to all of you;

Would you take Torres back? Under any circumstances? Why/why not?

Just been reading the comments on a picture on Facebook. It was asking if you would ever take Torres back. The respone seemed pretty even and it made me think, why does he get all the hate he does from Liverpool fans for leaving us?

So, my question to all of you;

Would you take Torres back? Under any circumstances? Why/why not?

I dislike him as he decided to hand in a transfer request, plus it made us buy Carroll :( I would take him back if it he was to play as he did for us, I would not take him back if he continued to play like he has for Chelsea

I'd take Torres over Masch purely cause he didn't act like an utter ******* while he was still at the club. Locked in a tower? What a fool.

Though I wouldn't want Torres back, I think he's just completely done in English football and needs to go back to Spain where he won't have everybody on his back, I used to laugh at how bad he'd become but now it just saddens me that such an amazing talent has fallen so far and will be more remembered for his horrible games/moment than his amazing performances for us.

No thanks to Torres that ship has sailed. Lad looks finished tbh I think athletico is probably the only thing that could revive him. I'm not saying that out of "dislike" as I can understand his reasons for leaving but more from a football / business view.

If he was a free transfer and £50 k a week it's worth a go but he won't be Chelsea will want something approaching near or over £20m coupled with wages of £100k + & that is one hell of a gamble on a 29 (in a weeks time) year old who has been on the slide for the last 2 years.

He hasn't got the game to play to much into his 30's he's already lost pace and that's not coming back. Without that extra yard he looks average - his career reminds me a little of Owen tbh.

Never thought I would say this but Torres has lost it. When Rafa went to Chelsea I thought he would get the best out of him, but after that initial burst he has returned to being inept, clumsy and almost laughable at times. Sad to see as he was a great player for us, but I just don't think his heart is in it anymore.

I would take Masch back in a heartbeat, he is wasted on the bench at Barca.

its madness he keeps getting games tbh. what are they hoping? he'll suddenly burst into life and be great again? he's been out of form for literally years, i think its safe to admit defeat and drop him now :D.

and i've never understood the mercenary crap about him, he moved to a team competing at the top level while we were pretty much a shambles and on the decline at that point, don't blame him one bit. fans are such hypocrites sometimes, fawning over new signings when they get someone the exact same way and giving ex players **** when they move on. unless they are disrespectful to the club when they want to leave or after they've left i don't get the hate, i can understand being disappointed we lost them but not hateful.

I would take Masch back in a heartbeat, he is wasted on the bench at Barca.

He started 29 matches this season in all comps, 1 more than Cesc and Iniesta since he's being used as a CB

He's not leaving unless Barca find a defender that fits their style to cover the multi-injured ones

Yeah I wouldn't take either Torres or Mascherano back. I would rather have the latter first due to hoe far Torres has fallen, but I think both their ships have sailed in that sense. The only ex player I would have back in a heartbeat is Xabi :cool:.

Don't hold any grudge against Torres for leaving.

Bloody loved the man when he was here, his attitude, his style, his ability, everything just fitted in with us and what we were building and I genuinely think he loved the club.

But the man has lost it and for any decent sized fee or wages, he just wouldn't be worth it at all.

Xabi coming back though... <3

Isn't Lucas suspended for tomorrow?

No to Torres, I'd be embarrassed for the club if we spent any money on him, he's awful!

No, he has 5 yellows which only gets you a ban before a certain point (end of 2012?). You need 10 from this point for a game ban.

Hate to be pessimistic but can't see us winning tomorrow. We will dominate, miss ample chances and get hit on the break. Fully expect Spurs to come and sit tight, make it hard for us to break them down and take their chances when we gift them time and space.

I hope someone emptys that **** Parker.

When Liverpool came up with the, perhaps not carefully thought out, idea of hosting a Twitter Q&A with Stewart Downing they obviously didn't think it would become a field day for the haters loitering in cyberspace.

Instead of gentle questions such about who was the biggest dressing room joker or who is the most difficult defender to play against (probably all of them), the #askdowning thread was besieged by fans making fun of the player even we refer to as LEFT WING JESUS in our MirrorFootball Twitter feed.

Downing has had a torrid time at Anfield since his £20million move from Aston Villa, which included failing to score a single goal or assist last season and being publicly criticised by manager Brendan Rodgers at the beginning of this campaign.

Here are a selection of some of the wise cracks aimed at the Reds winger:

@DualeAdam1 If you were a footballer, what would your preferred position be?

@Liam Payne ?Payny_01 How did you feel last season knowing Tim Howard was closer to lifting the golden boot than you?

@BillHansen28 So you left Aston Villa for Champions League football. How's that working out for you?

?@McFarlaneJordan Are you the only professional footballer to be neither footed?

@Notcarlcole On a scale of 1 to Jesus, how good are your crosses?

@Dave B MUFC ?Bowsy_How did it feel to have more arrests than assists last season?

@arpan_manutd Do you know any footballer (except you) who is neither footed?

@Jon Barbuti Which Premier League bench is the comfiest?

@Fergie's Hairdryer How do you get to the other side of the road when you don't know how to cross?

@marc sepetowski ?sepo_efc Do you consider yourself to be just as bad as jordan henderson?

@?JacobCampbell5 Did you pick number 19 because you knew it would take about 19 months before you did anything of any kind of use ?

@?Abdn_Horror_Guy If you were to transfer away from Liverpool, how many goats and cows would your new club receive in the dowry to take you?

@?lloydturner1 How do you ignore all this abuse and carry on day to day ? #respect

Some funny ones in there. Poor Stewie

I can see Liverpool getting a win today with a possible high scoring game, 3-2... Also looking around the European leagues Only Messi has scored more than Suarez, all other leagues considering how easy they are havn't got many high scoring players, even Bayern havn't got a player that is out standing, Falcao that every one raves about ha scored nearly half from the penalty spot so based on that Suarez Should def be crowned POY..

He won't though. It'll go to RVP.
2 months ago id say he was clear favorite, since then i don't think he has scored for 8 games, Utd have enough decent players that would score if RVP wasn't in the starting line up.. He done better last year at Arsenal and carried them..

2 months ago id say he was clear favorite' date=' since then i don't think he has scored for 8 games, Utd have enough decent players that would score if RVP wasn't in the starting line up.. He done better last year at Arsenal and carried them..[/quote']

He's got one in eight. It came against Everton. :)

Archived