Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones is horrible, shouldn't be at the club next year. Can't even catch a ball, punches everything or else spills it. Shocking.

Just nice to beat a team who are inform, higher in the league than us and have one of best players in the league on top form. Great to come back from 2-1 down as well.

Personally thought Lucas was great in a tackle but way too many misplaced passes, trying to do to much with it. Luis just so cool

Some keepers don't even get near those swerving Gareth Bale free kicks.

As a backup you either have someone like him or a young guy, and quality wise i don't think you'd have someone better willing to be on the bench for most of the season.

Doesn't the European place go to the league rather than the cup runner up. Presuming one of Man City, Chelsea, or Man United win it.

It goes to the runner up for the FA Cup. Only way 6th gets a league place is if Chelsea win FA Cup and finish 5th.

Coutinho was brilliant especially for the build up to the first goal he was sensational in that move, atmosphere not as good as I hoped it would be for a big game.
His passing has largely been outstanding, with averages around 85-90%. He has one game where his passing isn't amazing and suddenly you're wanting rid? I honestly can't remember a more wrong post.

I think the Lucas criticism has been over the top as has the Coutinho praise.

Both had decent games at the end of the day, and Coutinho had a bit of a come down from his previous outings but still has a touch of class every now and again.

They both work and run for the team which is what you want, regardless of how well they might be playing as individuals.

I got a bit of stick for giving them the same 6/10 in the match ratings on my website, but i did something i don't normally do and checked the statistics to see if they backed my subjective thoughts up, and Coutinho had a pass completion rate of around 50%. all i remember is him being wasteful on occasion.

Sometimes a player is just ok, they don't always have to be one of world class or complete rubbish.

It goes to the runner up for the FA Cup. Only way 6th gets a league place is if Chelsea win FA Cup and finish 5th.
Cheers, i find myself having to look up these rules each season.
was that swansea game our only 0-0 this season?
And Stoke at home.

Interesting stat... on the rolling league table we're now +11 on last season. The biggest improvement in the league of the 17 non-promoted teams.

Liverpool +11

Swansea +9

Chelsea +8

West Brom +8

Man United +7

Spurs +2

Stoke +2

Norwich +0

QPR +0

Everton -1

Sunderland -3

Villa -4

Fulham -6

Man City -6

Wigan -8

Arsenal -12

Newcastle -14

Interesting stat... on the rolling league table we're now +11 on last season. The biggest improvement in the league of the 17 non-promoted teams.

Liverpool +11

Swansea +9

Chelsea +8

West Brom +8

Man United +7

Spurs +2

Stoke +2

Norwich +0

QPR +0

Everton -1

Sunderland -3

Villa -4

Fulham -6

Man City -6

Wigan -8

Arsenal -12

Newcastle -14

We're going to win the league!

hmm, really can't remember that Stoke game at all. Odd how I can totally remember some matches and how good everyone was and chances we missed etc, and then others can't remember a blooming thing.
It was a very forgettable game.

Allen has had his shoulder surgery and out till end of season. Kelly back in training. If we're totally dominating a game and running away with it might be nice to get him on at CB for a bit once he's fit
Think we should be doing that with Wisdom too. Should maybe have given more subs a chance v Wigan.

Allen has had his shoulder surgery and out till end of season. Kelly back in training. If we're totally dominating a game and running away with it might be nice to get him on at CB for a bit once he's fit

He was on skysports last night and they asked him when he was getting it and he said it wouldn't be until the end of the season. Lying ****er. :D

Joe Allen's surgery put back seemingly so he can represent Wales in 2 pointless qualifiers
Looks like they've just said to him do it when you want as long as it's by the end of the season and he can get full fitness in time for next.

Henderson's been as good, if not a bit better than Allen this season anyway so can slot in when we need him.

If this team Rodgers is building ever clicks, i think Allen will be some player in amongst it.

i actually lolled when after being on for 5 mins the other day passed the ball straight to the opposition, unapposed and the guys standing in front of him about 10 yards away. just like i said he did for swansea before we signed him.

he's got ability but the guys gotta cut that **** out tbh.

Just rewatched the Spurs game.

Coutinho can find a pass, some lovely direct passes from the outside of his boot in the 1st half, really creative at times. Really looking forward to watching him next year when he's more settled here.

Did Dembele slap Suarez at the end or something? What was that about?

Gerrard also bossed that midfield. So good to watch when he's up for a game, made some crunching tackles as well. Next year be his last year being a first team starter?

Hope it's paper rubbish, he's a really good player.
It's just unreliable website rubbish at the moment, though he is available on a free in the summer and it would be great for us to break our stupid policy of only signing young players.

Bit of a rant from Nuri here:

The Turkey midfielder joined the Reds on a season-long loan from Real Madrid last summer but he made only 12 appearances before the deal was terminated in January. The 24-year-old claims he was played out of position without explanation by Rodgers and is now glad not to be playing under him.

Sahin, now on loan at Borussia Dortmund, told Spanish newspaper AS: "Brendan Rodgers wanted me to play as a 10. But I do not play behind the forwards."

He added: "I spoke with him and asked him why I was playing there. It is not my real position. The boss could not answer me... still, I am not sorry about it.

"To play in the red jersey and be in Anfield is something marvellous.

"Maybe if I had not gone there I would not have been able to return to Borussia Dortmund. For that, I am happy.

"But I have left Brendan Rodgers, thanks be to God."

Sahin made his name at Dortmund before joining Real in 2011.

He said: "I feel well physically and mentally, everything is perfect. After returning to Germany, I feel much better."

Archived