Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

If they do call it off hope they do it early like they did against spurs. I remember when we played Everton one year and the game was called off at around 2 30 because of a water logged pitch. Do you think the club will also consider the Norwich fans planning to make the journey? If many can't make it that wont help I would have thought.

I assume they will think of the Norwich fans. Long journey for them to make and I've heard the weather isn't great down there too?

No chance it's going to be on. And if it is the ground staff will need a hell of a payrise

I think the pitch would be fine with all the heaters we have. More the surrounding areas.

Don't see why the game should be called off. Trains should be on and the motorways and city will be gritted. Along with the paths.

It's the small streets around Anfield that are the problem. The grit will go to the main routes. It's the poor walking conditions for fans that usual means the postponement of a game.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norwich airport was closed for a while. Snow doesn't look that bad in Liverpool though I am going by photos online.

3 games in March have been moved for tv

Wigan away is now at 5 30pm on a Saturday.

Spurs home Sunday 4pm

Villa away Sunday 1 30pm

No one got my comment about us not renewing the undersoil heating due to age then....

Some of the streets around here are getting a good covering now.

Pitch should be fine, but travel will be difficult if trains are off, and roads weren't prepared.

I was gutted when spurs signed Lloris. I always wanted us to get him but figured he would go to thr likes of barca or real. I wouldnt mind us going after a young keeper like marc andrea ter stegan.

No one got my comment about us not renewing the undersoil heating due to age then....

Some of the streets around here are getting a good covering now.

Pitch should be fine, but travel will be difficult if trains are off, and roads weren't prepared.

Can't remember fully but wasn't one of your home games a few years back postponed because of safety concerns outside of the ground. Mainly due to the snow covering ice all around the roads in the residential areas.

I was gutted when spurs signed Lloris. I always wanted us to get him but figured he would go to thr likes of barca or real. I wouldnt mind us going after a young keeper like marc andrea ter stegan.
There aren't too many keepers i'd go for to replace Reina, he's one of the only ones i'd be happy with.

Liverpool have launched an audacious £8 million bid for Inter Milan’s Brazilian youngster Philippe Coutinho.

But the Merseyside club may have to go beyond their initial offer to secure a player once considered the next superstar of South American football.

Brendan Rodgers has been monitoring the young midfielder's situation in Italy, where he has fallen out of favour recently.

After becoming increasingly frustrated in efforts to sign Thomas Ince from Blackpool, whose club would not budge on a valuation in excess of £6 million, Rodgers instead turned to the 20-year-old attacker who has already played for the senior Brazilian side.

Coutinho would fit the bill as the prototype signing of Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group, as a young and emerging international talent.

Club chairman Tom Werner is currently on Merseyside ahead of the weekend’s Premier League fixture with Norwich and spent Friday in discussions about January business.

I guess I better leave in a bit seeing as the game is still on as it stands. I'm sure arsenal v west ham or an arsenal game was called off last season was it Bolton because there were problems with the trains and the fans were having difficulty gettin to the ground.i might have dreamnt it seeing as its still early in the morning ;)

I guess I better leave in a bit seeing as the game is still on as it stands. I'm sure arsenal v west ham or an arsenal game was called off last season was it Bolton because there were problems with the trains and the fans were having difficulty gettin to the ground.i might have dreamnt it seeing as its still early in the morning ;)

Have a safe journey Tony, and I am sure if it was going to be called off by now it would have been so I think it is safe to assume it will be on. I think last time we had one cancelled at Anfield they did it the day before.

Have a safe journey Tony, and I am sure if it was going to be called off by now it would have been so I think it is safe to assume it will be on. I think last time we had one cancelled at Anfield they did it the day before.

Thank you, roads were clear to northampton its just the side streets. Im on coach now.

Last game called off was spurs because the surrounding areas were not gritted. I think your right they called it off day before on the Saturday it was a televised game.

This transfer window has been so boring. Not even solidly linked with anyone. I'd love Sneijder, but it's never going to happen and there doesn't seem to be anything else in the pipeline.
We got our main bits of business in and out done early on. Which is a good thing. Anything else is a bonus i think.

Streets round Anfield were gritted btw.

its definitely a risk for sure but putting 2 and 2 together with gerrard saying we cant just buy kids and ayre talking about making wages up through bonuses instead of a flat rate this week, theres a possibility. problem is obv has he declined as a footballer, at 28 you'd hope not.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8411078/Brendan-Rodgers-admits-Liverpool-need-to-add-experience-to-their-ranks

Not mentioning Sneijder but what other more experienced players are readily available for transfer in this window?

Could be talking more about the end of season window but why bring it up now?

No doubt Rodgers will be inundated with calls from agents who have players on their books who are 28 and over :)

Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Downing, Sturridge.

Actual

Reina not on bench

really carragher... I cant believe Coates has dropped that far down the pecking order

just around zero is the most common temperature for snow fall

ye, my point was, aslong as it stays above 0c then there will be no ice, therefore no reason to call the game off. cant believe it was expected anyway. anyone remebmer when we used to play on rock hard white pitches with orange balls? now a few snowflakes and theres panic...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8411078/Brendan-Rodgers-admits-Liverpool-need-to-add-experience-to-their-ranks

Not mentioning Sneijder but what other more experienced players are readily available for transfer in this window?

Could be talking more about the end of season window but why bring it up now?

No doubt Rodgers will be inundated with calls from agents who have players on their books who are 28 and over :)

if he is on 200k then even halving that is too much to be paying him though imo. i think it is a real stumbling block for any team wanting him not just us.

that coutinho rumour has done the rounds before, i'll believe it when i see it.

Archived