*OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

This may sound stupid, but how to access Youth training? When I click on the icon it sends me always to the 1st team Training, and on the Youth team screen a "Training" option is nowhere to be found. Where is it?

Change the team for your club to the youth team in the Title Bar. So for example if you're managing Blackburn you'll have: [blackburn] [senior Squad][↓]. Select the down arrow, and choose "U18 Team". Then, select "Training" which should be for your youth team.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many leagues are you running with what sized db? You running any custom graphics or logos? I'd suggest removing your setting folder for now - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184731&viewfull=1#post7184731

Thanks Neil. I'm running around 12 leagues which represents 2.5 stars on my system iirc. Yes it might be a bit many but I've been doing this for years and don't mind a slower game. I have a quad-core processor. Steam seems to be locking up, running slowly in general so I'm wondering if it is a client issue at all?

• Administrators
Thanks Neil. I'm running around 12 leagues which represents 2.5 stars on my system iirc. Yes it might be a bit many but I've been doing this for years and don't mind a slower game. I have a quad-core processor. Steam seems to be locking up, running slowly in general so I'm wondering if it is a client issue at all?

Did you try a settings removal? If it's steam related may be worth verifying the cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

I've not launched my first game yet but something I noticed in the demo was at Malaga, Diego Buonanotte who had great pace and acceleration was classed as a lethargic player by my assistant manager under player weaknesses! Is this possible, to be lighting quick but lethargic?

Ah, you're referring to a scout report for an AI player (for what it's worth you can do what you're asking in the coach report of one of your own players). I've checked this in FM 12 and can see that there's no way to change the report to see how the player rates in different positions. Having said that, I also double-checked FM 11, and you couldn't do this there either. Can you please verify why you've highlighted the fact this functionality is missing i.e. is it because you remember it to have been available in a previous version or you're just curious why we've never added this functionality hitherto.

I know it wasnt in FM11 either. I am just curious why such an obvious, important and i guess technicaly easy to implement feature is not in FM12. you can easily do that with third party apps like FMScout. could you please pass it to the team that deals with the patches?

• Administrators
I've not launched my first game yet but something I noticed in the demo was at Malaga, Diego Buonanotte who had great pace and acceleration was classed as a lethargic player by my assistant manager under player weaknesses! Is this possible, to be lighting quick but lethargic?

Certainly is, lethargy regards his work rate and application. So whilst he is quick, the coach feels he doesn't apply himself often enough.

Si deserves a praise for this year's release. It's pretty much smooth and good running. The only thing so far that gets on my nerves is that I can only see they "days to next fixture" in the Home screen but I can adapt. I'm pretty sure that SI took in some new staff for this yea's release ;) And it paid off!

Plus you barely see any major complaints on the forums like one has in the past years.

Did you try a settings removal? If it's steam related may be worth verifying the cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Appears to be running better now, but problem was intermittent so could arise again. Hope it doesn't. Thanks for the help.

Now for a game play question, what kind of expenses go into "other"? I'm not accountant but I'm draining money in that category!

i have started a new game as arsenal, only england down to league 2 is playable

bit dissapointed at the amount of blurred out names in other leagues though, i have seria a and b as read only but players like aquafresca and welliton of spartak moscow are not found

Disc arrived this morning from Amazon, 7 minutes later I started playing the game! Absolutely no problems with Steam, everything went nice and smoothly. Someone mentioned about bugs in ME, particularly the one where the ball hits players backs, well I have played 4 matches so far and watched them all on Extended highlights, as I normally do, and haven't seen one occurence of that bug so far!

I have all the FM and CM.

The game is good. The new skin is practical. The interaction with the players is great.

The games are very enjoyable to watch.

Why make a game too easy?

I understand that you want to sell more games even beginners. But the experienced players are forgotten and disappointed.

I made 15 games for Marseille and I have 15 wins!

I'm really disappointed that the game is so easy.

Why not put an adjustable difficulty level in the menu option: easy, medium, hard.

Everyone would be happy.

Well it turns out that my problem with jittery match engine was down to nvidia, stable 280.26 driver was jittery, beta 285.36 driver is perfect with the match engine, crap with my desktop (artefacts all over desktop just with the beta driver, rolling back gets rid of the issue) and worse still, under the current release driver my idle temps were between 31 and 33 degrees, with the new so - called BF3 stable beta driver, my idle temps are 46 degrees!!!!!! time to take issue with nvidia and there crap recomended beta driver.

last defenders seem to be "slightly" ********, not closing down or forcing the striker wide and letting them run at goal, infuriating

I am however continueing a demo save so effects of patch are not in place for me, not that I checked the changes but will now

My defenders often leave yards of space (they didnt in the demo, same defenders, same tactic and same way of managing the squad) despite being asked to press often and given the hassle player shout. There are a few problems, no denying that but i still think this is the most bug free release in years.

So, scouts. What's with the returning after one day thing? Surely to god there are more than just 15 players I could potentially be interested in in a nation?

Just the scouting system made more realistic. There are already a post in bugs forum and in this forum with people moaning. SI are looking into it though.

Wulfar: In what way is it more realistic? Among the 5,000 or so player in Portugal, my scout only knows 20? And he has no chance of finding any more? and why does he, a part-timer on 25 Euro a week, already have 100% knowledge of Portugal, i.e. knows about every Portuguese player?

PLEASE turn down the sun. It's ridiculously bright. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitch glow. My eyes will thank you.

At the very least give us the option of changing the player names to black rather than white. White on a super-bloom pitch is significantly hard on the old peepers.

Wulfar: In what way is it more realistic? Among the 5,000 or so player in Portugal, my scout only knows 20? And he has no chance of finding any more? and why does he, a part-timer on 25 Euro a week, already have 100% knowledge of Portugal, i.e. knows about every Portuguese player?

He doesn't know about every portuguese player. But he learns more with time and you can also send them out again later.

Unfortunately there was a mix up here. This was originally fixed, but then it had to be taken out because it caused an unexpected issue. Apologies for the confusion, but rest assured this is something that is under review at the moment internally. In the meanwhile, I've requested the changelist posted to have this entry removed to avoid any further confusion.

OK thanks, better luck with the next patch!

Disc arrived this morning from Amazon, 7 minutes later I started playing the game! Absolutely no problems with Steam, everything went nice and smoothly. Someone mentioned about bugs in ME, particularly the one where the ball hits players backs, well I have played 4 matches so far and watched them all on Extended highlights, as I normally do, and haven't seen one occurence of that bug so far!

Lucky you. Mine has yet to arrive. I don't think I'll get it until tomorrow now. Out of interest who did Amazon use to deliver your game?

Like I said - it's not there :( The only active option is "Players". Other are not present at all. I can paste a screen for a proof:

wheresu18.th.jpg

This is very strange. I just started a new game as manager of Korona Kielce and the Training sub-tab is showing for me. Can you please log this issue on our UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface). We'll probably need your save game uploaded to our FTP (instructions available at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276528-FTP-Instructions).

My game loads up perfectly. I go to start a new game, and that works fine as well.

However, then I come to add manager, and every time I get on that screen, my FM just closes. Anyone got any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

Is this happening irrespective of what nations you've chosen for the new game? Have you tried skipping the add new manager process when you're initially prompted to add one (i.e. press [Cancel], and instead selecting the "Add New Manager" menu option from the [FM] menu instead?

PLEASE turn down the sun. It's ridiculously bright. I can't remember the last time I saw a pitch glow. My eyes will thank you.

At the very least give us the option of changing the player names to black rather than white. White on a super-bloom pitch is significantly hard on the old peepers.

I'd suggest bumping these bugs:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279737-Snowy-pitch-too-bright!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277658-bright-sun-very-bright

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277606-Simulation-sickness-users-physically-falling-sick-due-to-match-engine-display

Let SI know that when users start feeling physical pain, it is indeed a bug.

Certainly is, lethargy regards his work rate and application. So whilst he is quick, the coach feels he doesn't apply himself often enough.

I believe his work rate was very low, so that makes sense. Cheers for the reply.

Just signed Thiago Neves for the Toon on a pre-contract and on the set to sign news item he revealed that 'he was impressed with Newcastle's league standing'. Never seen that before so apologies if it was on an older version. Wonder if league position was previously taken into account in a large sense or whether this is just a cosmetic manifestation of this previous hidden game mechanic... Either way it was pretty cool.

I have all the FM and CM.

The game is good. The new skin is practical. The interaction with the players is great.

The games are very enjoyable to watch.

Why make a game too easy?

I understand that you want to sell more games even beginners. But the experienced players are forgotten and disappointed.

I made 15 games for Marseille and I have 15 wins!

I'm really disappointed that the game is so easy.

Why not put an adjustable difficulty level in the menu option: easy, medium, hard.

Everyone would be happy.

Manage a team in the Scottish 3rd division then tell me the game is too easy

Finished installing it in the afternoon (everything went very smoothly): I've been messing around since, starting a game unemployed (I'll start my "main" career save only after the Xmas patch or the febraury update window):

Loving it so far! Everything seems so polished compared to the "first release" of the previous years. The "flow" between the screens is nice, everything makes sense: of course it takes some time to adjust to the new windows (and related features).

:thup::applause:

Finished installing it in the afternoon (everything went very smoothly): I've been messing around since, starting a game unemployed (I'll start my "main" career save only after the Xmas patch or the febraury update window):

Loving it so far! Everything seems so polished compared to the "first release" of the previous years. The "flow" between the screens is nice, everything makes sense: of course it takes some time to adjust to the new windows (and related features).

:thup::applause:

What he said...

After tinkering with the editor for a little while I kicked up my career game with Man City. Everything is very smooth and playable. Easily the best version so far and judging by lack of tantrums on the forums I suspect this year's game might be a classic.

Well done SI

Hav'nt recieved my game, expect it tommorow, **** happens. But from reading through this forum, well done mods, your doin your best to help everyone and it mus'nt be easy dealing with frustrated people. Yet again the game is released with flaws and they've snuck in a patch when activating through steam. There are slight tweas each year but the game is pretty much the same so why the hell they have to patch (mainly the match engines) games i have no idea. We all appreciate that the game is very indepth but surley you don't have to start from scratch each year!? I anticpate i may tear out what little hair i have left tommorow when game arrives and trying to install but hey, im used to it by now. Like a few i did say i would'nt buy untill january which is when most version get the final patch which fixes all bugs and can enjoy knowing your team will score 1 in every 30 shots atleast :p. But obvcourse i bought when out, damn you do a good game when it's right! Well sorry for wasting 5 minutes of everyones life but i don't have the game yet :( . Once again well done to mods for the ***** they deal with and i hope everyone get there probs sorted s we can all kiss goodbye to our social lives once again. bonjour.

Don't know if this has already been posted, there's way too many posts to go through - but assistant manager keeps over-rating players importance for the squad when giving advice in backroom staff meeting.

Assistant telling me to switch Nani's status to key player, when he has played the whole season half/half with Antonio Valencia - and Valencia performing much better.

Assistant telling me to switch Smalling's status to an important first team player, when he has just been a replacer of injured Ferdinand and/or Rafael, otherwise playing only every now and then.

Assistant telling me to switch Welbeck from hot prospect to an important first team player since he has been ~5 times straight in the first eleven. It doesn't make him a regular first team player, just a promising youngster with a good form.

And these are only examples, there has been many other weird advices regarding squad status changes.

Edit: This is just some feedback regarding Steam which I meant to post to other thread but it was closed before I finished writing, so I'll post it here to general feedback:

Actually there isn't a working pirate copy of the game yet. So taking the Steam-way has worked better than the dvd-check last year (which was obvious to be cracked in minutes).

I sincerely feel sorry for the ppl with issues, and can feel their frustration, but at the same time I'm happy that the game will most likely last uncracked much longer. And will maybe have more buyers that way.

In some strange way, I feel I get more value for my money the longer the game remains uncracked.

Don't know if this has already been posted, there's way too many posts to go through - but assistant manager keeps over-rating players importance for the squad when giving advice in backroom staff meeting.

Assistant telling me to switch Nani's status to key player, when he has played the whole season half/half with Antonio Valencia - and Valencia performing much better.

Assistant telling me to switch Smalling's status to an important first team player, when he has just been a replacer of injured Ferdinand and/or Rafael, otherwise playing only every now and then.

Assistant telling me to switch Welbeck from hot prospect to an important first team player since he has played ~5 times straight. It doesn't make him a regular first team player, just a promising youngster with a good form.

And these are only examples, there has been many other weird advices regarding squad status changes.

Probably reps playing a part here but i agree it probably should work better

At half time team talks, ratings are not always shown -somewhat hit and miss. If - is shown I have to go to overview of tactics to see HT rating as score may affect my talk to individuals.

Reported similar issue in demo. Hopefully on list of fixes for next patch.

Otherwise, really enjoying getting my FM12 career game underway. Still in pre season as I spent circa 4 hours "setting up tactics, scouting, training etc before hitting Continue for first time...

Well done SI for quality game.

Archived