*OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

I hope someone from SI reads this and maybe fixes what they think needs to be fixed from my comment and fixes in the upcoming patch/es:

1. Please bring back the way matches could continue playing even if alt-tabbed like in FM 11 (for multi-tasking purposes) or at least have an option in preferences where we could turn it off or on

2. "Going on Vaction" i dislike how in FM12 when on a match day it says "cant go on vacation on match day" i know its for realistic purposes, but this is a game and sometimes we just want to skip a certain match (for various reasons) and would love if this would be fixed

3. The new "back" and "forward" is way too slow, FM 11's was better

I know not everyone would agree to my opinions, but would be nice to let each "gamer" decide for themselves by having an option to choose in preference

Other than that im loving fm12, going to try a long-term game to see if the transfer market issues have been fixed. I also have no problems with steam, fast download servers and no problems (so far) with the offline mode. Thanks if someone actually read and considered my comment

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately the Russian version is Russian language only (there are good commercial reasons for that) an English language file wouldn't work with the Russian version even if you inserted one.

And one more answer to your reply:

You don't know how many mistakes in the Russian version :((( More time using in collecting those mistakes and sending feedbacks than playing in FM (very good commercials reasons ;( ). So I think is a big mistake to give FM to the fans without english :( This is a last reply, don't want to whine -this doesn't change anything. So left for searching more translation's issues

Only thing i have noticed after one season is that championship teams do very well in the cups.

In both the league cup and F.A cup 3 of the 4 semi-finalists are from the championship. I won the league cup with Wolves and Peterborough won the FA (Knocking out Man U, Liverpool and Newcastle on route to beating Stoke in the final)

On another note Aguero has just made the move to Tottenham for 24.5 mil and Tevez is back in the first team!

no im not, whats the problem with giving people the option to do either? i tend to alt-tab when playing against small teams where i'll make a sub in the 60th min but before that i'd be doing sth else. for the 2nd option, i sometimes hit the space bar too many times and mess up my tactics n line-up, so i like to be able to skip and then load the game. its nice to have the option is all im saying, im sure some people would agree with me

Started a game as Glasgow Rangers with a Medium database. Searched through the different teams for players. Seems there are loads of teams loaded from each nation but very few players in these teams. For example think Notts Forest, Derby, Southampton only have three or four players each that you could possibly buy.

Seem to remember this happening and being fixed with a patch on a previous FM. Can I do anything to fix this now or will it be fixed with a patch?

Fun and maybe small bugs?

* MLS team tried for the fifth time to sign a foreign player, even though they have reach their limit.

* Contract break down, when I press the "Suggest Terms" button to his own terms.

* Not enough grey players to finish out subs and can't see grey players from U23 or U20 (in Brazil)

* Ass Man gets coming up with the same load prospects - even the once that don't want to go to our team.

* Ass Man doesn't find load prospect to what he is asked - I ask for Centre Midfielder, and he comes with only 1 and 9 others that can't play the spot. Couple with the fact that he always finds the same - the feature is pretty useless.

* Ass Man team report, includes players that are not able to play. E.g. Injure, on trial etc.

* Ass Man or Coaches, can't put a team together - Asked my staff to pick players for a 4-3-3, instead of using 3 strikers of the 4 I had they choose players that would play way out of their position and had red icons.

* Goalkeeper that can't make up his mind to pick up the ball. My player ran half a field and the goalkeeper never tried to pick up a ball that was 2 feet away from him - just moved back and forward all the time.

* Players kicking the ball into players lying down. Trying to pass trough a player that was laying injure on the field.

* Players that try to pick up a pass, but it hits the back of their feet. A pass is played, and instead of taking the ball it just hits the back of their feet - luck weird and happens quite often.

Don't think I have anything more yet :)

I think this is the best version by a long way. I have noticed a few little bugs in the match engine but nothing that will ruin the game. The layout is miles better and the overall feel of the game is great. Also love the reworked transfer system.

Massive thumbs up to SI. Well Done.

Thanks for fm 2012 ..I bought game from steam in turkey.game is excellent.I start to play turkısh league.turkey database is very good.

(but in turkey some teams may be guilty of match-fixing..if they are guilty of they can be relegated from league.i hope updates can solve it)

Thank you for your interest.. best game until fm 2013

• SI Staff
Okay, here's my feedback after my first 6 months.

* Tutorial: I wanted the achievement so went trough them all, and found it wasn't a totally bad idea as the UI has change a lot this year. Well I guess it's good that it's there and gives you and overview, but the amount of texts to read is insane. If I where a new player the tutorial allow would keep me away. And why are there no back button? If I press next to fast and miss something I have to take the whole tutorial again, bloody annoying. The text box is also really small, making it even more tiresome to read all that text.

Thanks for the feedback on the tutorial. Yes there is a lot of text - but bear in mind that FM is a fairly complicated game, so this amount of explanation is mostly necessary.

There is no back button due to some of the technical issues this would have caused. For example, in the Match Tutorial - starting the match and then pressing back to return to the Team Talk screen I imagine would be very difficult to work around.

Why information about players loan is so confusing? For example take two QPR players - Angelo Balanta and Peter Ramage. Both are on loan.

Looking theirs profile page through QPR squad:

Balantas profile page says "on load at MK Dons" and his attributes page says "on loan at MK Dons" - OK

Ramages profile page says "on loan from QPR" and his attributes page says "on loan at Crystal Palace" - ???

While looking through Dons and Palace squads it says:

MK Dons: Balanta - profile: "on loan at MK Dons" and attributes: "on loan from QPR" ???

C.Palace: Ramage - profile: "on loan from QPR" and attributes: "on loan from QPR" - OK

Other players have the same thing as Balanta which is incorrect but still why Ramage is different from others?

I dont get it.. or am I missing something?

This is demo btw.. hope its fixed in full game.

Thanks for the feedback on the tutorial. Yes there is a lot of text - but bear in mind that FM is a fairly complicated game, so this amount of explanation is mostly necessary.

There is no back button due to some of the technical issues this would have caused. For example, in the Match Tutorial - starting the match and then pressing back to return to the Team Talk screen I imagine would be very difficult to work around.

Ahh. Yeah, thats true about the Match Tutorial. Although, that is the tutorial with least amount of text. And about the text, from the top of my head I have 2 ideas - properly not new once. But a text box that can be resized or the chance of the text being spoken. Miles have a beautiful voice :) or I hear that dear old John Cleese is in need of money (I bet he plays FM already and I would sit through the tutorial just to hear him explain everything)

I believe that the new manager tones make game too easy. I think it is a great update and although there are other variables i think that it has helped keep my entire team, including those who do not start regularly to superb morale. I won the Champions League with a team which shouldn't have qualified from the group of death (Barcelona, Napoli & Lille) but i won the group and easily won the tournament. It was soo easy to motivate my team or relax them against every opponent.

My players are happy all the time and it seems that i cannot put a foot wrong, this is all well and good but there isn't a challenge. I know that even with a 3 star team i can beat anyone...My point is that the game is boring when you are constantly winning and the happier your team is the more they win. My next challenge should be to win the World cup/champions league with San Marino but i've already done this in previous versions.

The games great but far too easy...but maybe you should consider adding difficulty levels to future versions. At higher difficulty levels team talks could be less effective.

I know that this were an issue adressed in FM11, but i'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

I'm finding it very hard to sell players. I'm trying to sell Lucas Barrios first season 31 games and 23 goals. At first I put him on the market for around 100 million kr about 10 million pounds. Nothing. Then I offered him to clubs at the price of 7,5 million pounds (that is his actual price). Still nothing.

It's a general problem that occurs in my game, and as I said I know this were a problem in FM11.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It looks like team meetings are broken in Brazil. It keeps getting me lines about promotion, but right now I'm playing the local division - and 3rd division national is 6 months away. Seems quite odd.

Is now also advised to hold a Team Meeting, but when I try I'm just told that there are "no reason" to have one.

Also why is it not possible to tell a player that their attitude in the game is not good enough, e.g. if they are uninterested or if they are ill-disciplined - to me this is not necessary a performance issue but more mental problem. If a player has a great match but gets a red card because he is hot-headed (maybe like a english balled headed striker, who normally plays in a red shirt), to me I don't want to yell at him for his performance but for his personal conduct.

I played matches using the 3D thing and only see key moments, apparently a goal is not a key moment :)

Alright fellow FMers,

Am loving the game so far this year, one minor gripe (not seen it mentioned anywhere) is that the 'back' button seems to have changed.. ie, if I look at a player & look at his attributes, info, contract, positions etc when I press 'back' it goes back through each individual item that I looked at.

Is there anyway of changing that? It's not the end of the world but I was just wondering.

Thanks.

WillyBroadband.

Have to say I am very happy with this new version so far, only done pre-season at the moment so haven't gone into too much detail but the interface feels a lot more aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate, the quick stats button is excellent as is the new tactics screen - all in all just much more user friendly. The tone system adds a good extra dimension to team talks and player chats as well.

I'm sure i saw Miles write or say something in the blogs about the reserve teams not in a league would automatically arrange friendlies during the season, but can't see anything like that in the game. Was this me just dreaming, cause it would surely be a useful feature?

What purpose does it serve, if I may ask?

I wasn't involved in that one so can't say for certain, but we get a lot of requests for 'Director of Football' type features so I would imagine it's been implemented to better reflect reality for people who enjoy playing that way.

im vondering, if manager expirience at the start of the game have any efects, sunday legue is Hard or Easy?

Yep it will affect your reputation within the game, which in turn affects a lot of other aspects - board patience, clubs that'll take you on, players that'll want to play for you, etc. Sunday League Footballer is the lowest, ergo the hardest of the lot. Hope that helps.

Loving the game so far. I've found a couple of things I feel are counter intuitive in the UI.

The main one being on your tactics screen. You can drag and drop players from the field onto the subs bench but you can't drag a player from the subs bench onto the field.

Seems a bit odd that it doesn't work both ways.

Second thing is that on the new club info screen it would be helpful to show the position the team currently is in the league on the header (e.g. Hereford United 18th in League 2) whereas it does on the squad/player screen (like it has done in previous years).

Other than that, I'm thoroughly enjoying my save :thup:

I like the game very much. Feel its getting smoother and seasons go a bit more quick.

My one issue, and it has probably been mentioned before, that is when your keeper take the goal kick, their defense heads the ball through and their attacker scores.

I think that is something you don't see in real football. I would have thought that the defense already would have positioned it self so the ball wouldn't get through.

Besides that, good job.

I saw there were teams interested in Robert Anyisah and Matt Gill, but when I offered them out, even on free transfers, noone made an offer, despite managers having declared their interest Anyisah. Is that a bit odd to anyone else?

I have had trouble selling players even if i offer them to clubs cheaper than they are rated to. I've created a thread in the bugs forum, under possible transfer bug with that one, maybe you can upload a game? I've done that.

My only issue with FM12 is the 2D Classic match engine performance. I have THE most powerful laptop that Dell makes and even the 2D Classic Match Engine (all I play I do not have interest in the 3D ME) is EXTREMELY laggy and

stutters and almost seems to 'shimmer' for lack of a better term. I can't imagine playing this on a non-powerful computer if its this stuttery on my laptop. The rest of the game I love and most if not all of the enhancements are great.

The end of the free transfer deadline (which is obviously some months after the actual transfer window closes) prompts another transfer window round-up news item. It doesn't seem right as it just contains the same information as the previous round-up and nothing related to free transfers.

1. Please bring back the way matches could continue playing even if alt-tabbed like in FM 11 (for multi-tasking purposes) or at least have an option in preferences where we could turn it off or on

2. "Going on Vaction" i dislike how in FM12 when on a match day it says "cant go on vacation on match day" i know its for realistic purposes, but this is a game and sometimes we just want to skip a certain match (for various reasons) and would love if this would be fixed

(Sorry for reposting, i didnt get a reply so i thought this might help)

Solved the "back" through preference

Archived