*OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely loving this, cant belive I have been playing for an hour already...jeezo I am totally wide awake.

It seems the game is more immersive this time round, loving the slight change on team talks (body language etc). Game running perfectly on Steam....

I'll say it again - Great Job SI...!

Isn’t this explanation, "Open Steam -> Library and change All Games to Tools", wrong? You should go to tools not change the games to tools.;)

This is according to me more correct.

"Open Steam -> Library -> All Games -> Tools -> Football Manager 2012 Editor. And then Install”.

And even library isn’t really necessary, because you are automatically in the library (can you go out of the library?), so you can skip that.

• Administrators
so with the mcfadden deal being done 5 days ago.. does this mean any bugs reported in the last 5 days will still therefore exist as too '' late '' to fix?

If it's not been mentioned in the changelist then it's unlikely it's been included, especially if it was raised this late - did you have a specific issue in mind?

so with the mcfadden deal being done 5 days ago.. does this mean any bugs reported in the last 5 days will still therefore exist as too '' late '' to fix?

For the current release yes. We continue to prioritize and fix bugs throughout the year and will release patches where deemed necessary.

Oh well, off to bed. Defeated. Never had any issues with Steam with any version of FM bought via Steam or otherwise. Demo downloaded and worked fine. Full game, downloaded no issues. But all I'm getting is the 'the game is currently unavailable' errors, a slight tease saying 'decrypting steam files' blinking and disappearing at 0%.

Have worked through this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831 -

1 to 7 + data execution prevention (when rebooted got told: Running Steam in Windows compatibility mode is not recommended. Please remove any Windows compatibility settings for all users under file properties for Steam.exe and restart Steam) <-- even though that's a direct consequence of support followed (in addition have lost the 'ico' image files or whatever they're called, my fault probably, but then the instructions stated 'deleted everything except (3 files) in the steam folder)

Have also disabled firewall also and updated drivers. Have also rebooted for larfs.

Nothing.

Good night :(

• SI Staff
Does that include www.play-sc.com ?

Until we'd seen play-sc.com mentioned on this thread, I'd never heard of them.

Looking at their site, they are based in Singapore. Neither SEGA, nor SI, have any contact or knowledge of them, as they would be served by a 3rd party distributor in Singapore.

So you're going to need to get in touch directly with them to find out what is going on, as they are the retailer that you bought the game from. Sorry we can't be of more help.

• Administrators
Oh well, off to bed. Defeated. Never had any issues with Steam with any version of FM bought via Steam or otherwise. Demo downloaded and worked fine. Full game, downloaded no issues. But all I'm getting is the 'the game is currently unavailable' errors, a slight tease saying 'decrypting steam files' blinking and disappearing at 0%.

Have worked through this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831 -

1 to 7 + data execution prevention (when rebooted got told: Running Steam in Windows compatibility mode is not recommended. Please remove any Windows compatibility settings for all users under file properties for Steam.exe and restart Steam) <-- even though that's a direct consequence of support followed (in addition have lost the 'ico' image files or whatever they're called, my fault probably, but then the instructions stated 'deleted everything except (3 files) in the steam folder)

Have also disabled firewall also and updated drivers. Have also rebooted for larfs.

Nothing.

Good night :(

Sorry to hear that, have sent you a PM.

Pre ordered the game off of the football manager website, Thought it would be the most reliable. Still have not recieved my email with my activation code

Said it would be ready to download from midnight, then i saw it was 1 am when i bought the game.

Im still waiting, realise a few folk are having the same problem

Very frustrating

• Administrators
Pre ordered the game off of the football manager website, Thought it would be the most reliable. Still have not recieved my email with my activation codeSaid it would be ready to download from midnight, then i saw it was 1 am when i bought the game.Im still waiting, realise a few folk are having the same problemVery frustrating
They are on the way, please be patient. You will get it.

Until we'd seen play-sc.com mentioned on this thread, I'd never heard of them.

Looking at their site, they are based in Singapore. Neither SEGA, nor SI, have any contact or knowledge of them, as they would be served by a 3rd party distributor in Singapore.

So you're going to need to get in touch directly with them to find out what is going on, as they are the retailer that you bought the game from. Sorry we can't be of more help.

Thanks for the reply. I got an email from them saying they will send it 'on Friday' but no time or anything. Guess it's a waiting game for me :/

i ran everything with ease and everything is working perfectly, deleted the files i did not want(fake) which i won't promote where it is just to protect the deveopers

all the logo packs work except the english premier league one which does not worry me from fm 11

the only thing i want to get is a new skin since both default skins has the font size as a bit smaller then usual and because i have not played the demo i will have plenty of time getting used to it

all in all

well done big man

I can't buy some players and i haven't spent any money yet?

I'am trying to offer a few contracts to free agents. Sometimes i can only offer them £1300 but others i can offer £4000 a week. I haven't spent any money yet. Any help

• Administrators
I can't buy some players and i haven't spent any money yet?

I'am trying to offer a few contracts to free agents. Sometimes i can only offer them £1300 but others i can offer £4000 a week. I haven't spent any money yet. Any help

If you've already made offers elsewhere then your budget will be lower accordingly. Likewise wages are dependent on player roles offered and whether or not the club thinks the player is a viable signing.

• Administrators
I'm unable to find the Resource Archiver for my Mac. There WAS another thread which the guy was informed to close Steam and reload. I have done this but still no joy.
Can you try this again please, should be there now.

• Administrators
Lucas, have just tried and still nothing. What is the path on Mac?? I think I know it, but want to be 100% it's right.
If you change 'All Games' to 'Tools', do you see it?

loving it all so far SI.. not been as happy with the game upon release day for a good long while... very polished and very customisable.. all in all, top notch so far :)

quick question now im here... am i right in thinking the flow bar that used to be at the bottom of the screen is now gone?

i.e the one thats like ' england>prem>arsenal>van persie' ?

was just much easier way of getting around

If you've already made offers elsewhere then your budget will be lower accordingly. Likewise wages are dependent on player roles offered and whether or not the club thinks the player is a viable signing.

For example i offered a contract to Ahmed Soukouna who is 21 years old and is getting interest from the likes of Brescia, Almeria and Monaco. But they will let me offer him £1300 a week. But the board will let me offer £4000 a week to a 38 year old striker who is rubbish. This never used to happen in FM before.

Looks and feel brilliant so far. Impressed with the editor (although for some reason I have to click the tabs twice for them to work). Steam as always is effortless.

Here's hoping you guys with a few problems get them sorted soon because you're in for a treat. Top work again SI :thup:

• Administrators
loving it all so far SI.. not been as happy with the game upon release day for a good long while... very polished and very customisable.. all in all, top notch so far :)quick question now im here... am i right in thinking the flow bar that used to be at the bottom of the screen is now gone?i.e the one thats like ' england>prem>arsenal>van persie' ?was just much easier way of getting around
We are not sure what causes this currently. If you save & reload it should reappear. Should you reproduce it, could you post it in the bugs forum please?:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface

• Administrators
For example i offered a contract to Ahmed Soukouna who is 21 years old and is getting interest from the likes of Brescia, Almeria and Monaco. But they will let me offer him £1300 a week. But the board will let me offer £4000 a week to a 38 year old striker who is rubbish. This never used to happen in FM before.

May be worth creating a thread in the Transfers and Contracts bugs forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/242-Transfer-and-Contracts

Who are you managing?

• Administrators
I can see the UEFA team coefficients but not the league coefficients. Is it just a case of me being blind?
That is there, have you checked the Nations tab?

Archived