*OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'll have to take that up with the distributor I'm afraid. Not much we can do here in that regard :(

i bought it from the "official" distributor's website, the same one that links to this forum.

It's frustrating to see people who bought it from other wbesites getting and playing before the ones that bought it from SEGA directly...

Even if it's another company who handles it, or whatever, when i was about to pay it clearly said SEGA.

• Administrators
Hi, i followed that link as requested and this issue is not mentioned at all in the Steam help pages so I have no idea how to fix. Can you please post the solution here?

Thanks!

The help is here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831 It's linked in the FAQ. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Also remember as it's busy it may just be that causing the problem. It may be worth closing down Steam and relaunching again.

• Administrators
i bought it from the "official" distributor's website, the same one that links to this forum.

It's frustrating to see people who bought it from other wbesites getting and playing before the ones that bought it from SEGA directly...

Even if it's another company who handles it, or whatever, when i was about to pay it clearly said SEGA.

We're looking into why some people haven't yet received their codes. Sorry about that.

• Administrators
When i click on the game after it's installed nothing comes up. Then if i click it again it says FM is already running on my machine, but it's not at all (as in it's not loading up). My PC is more than able to handle FM aswell, so im confused??

When you first attempted to launch the game how long did you leave it? It may be worth verifying your game cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

The help is here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831 It's linked in the FAQ. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Also remember as it's busy it may just be that causing the problem. It may be worth closing down Steam and relaunching again.

I'm in! Thanks for the help Neil, mne2 and Lankylars, MUCH appreciated!!

We're looking into why some people haven't yet received their codes. Sorry about that.

40 minutes late but i finally got the mail.

Steam's speed is not great but it's pretty decent for the download. Hope it stays like that...

Thanks for your answer

When you first attempted to launch the game how long did you leave it? It may be worth verifying your game cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

I left it for a good couple of minutes. Verified cache and still the same problem. Left it for about three minutes now and nothing has appeared, but when i click on the game again it says that FM 2012 is already running on my machine.

/Rant, Well im sorry but im appauled, I ordered from Si/Segas official distributor, Not only did i not get an option to pre-load like god knows how many other online retailers, But im still to receive an email regarding my activation code, And to top it off it still says on the website, The game is PREORDER! And that i will receive the game activation codes by 00.00am BST.... Im sorry by Si/Sega went on a good ole high ground stating no one would get the game early this year and not only did STEAM release it 20mins early, But the official distributor cant even keep a simple contract!!!! /end rant, Apologies.

/Rant, Well im sorry but im appauled, I ordered from Si/Segas official distributor, Not only did i not get an option to pre-load like god knows how many other online retailers, But im still to receive an email regarding my activation code, And to top it off it still says on the website, The game is PREORDER! And that i will receive the game activation codes by 00.00am BST.... Im sorry by Si/Sega went on a good ole high ground stating no one would get the game early this year and not only did STEAM release it 20mins early, But the official distributor cant even keep a simple contract!!!! /end rant, Apologies.

Apologies. Suffice to say that we're not particularly happy either. Matt has confirmed in another thread that SEGA are doing all they can to find out what's going on and are trying to get you your code as soon as is humanly possible :)

Apologies. Suffice to say that we're not particularly happy either. Matt has confirmed in another thread that SEGA are doing all they can to find out what's going on and are trying to get you your code as soon as is humanly possible :)

Apologies accepted seeing as the lovely offical distributor will be losing alot of money in the morning, IE : Compesation, Theyve broken contracts Ergo* they wont be making much money and ill be demanding atleast half my money back!

• Administrators
We have to download the editor. What a joke

It's only 9MB, you had to download more than that to activate the game. MAINBOY you've only just returned from a ban, please let your stay this time be a bit longer okay?

Apologies accepted seeing as the lovely offical distributor will be losing alot of money in the morning, IE : Compesation, Theyve broken contracts Ergo* they wont be making much money and ill be demanding atleast half my money back!

We've been assured that they are sending out the emails now. Make sure to check your spam folders just in case!

We've been assured that they are sending out the emails now. Make sure to check your spam folders just in case!

Sorry if i come across rude and ignorant, But surely an online retailer distributing downloadable games should have known of these potential hazards and surely they should have sent them out earlier? Like pretty much every other online retailer? I dont get how Si/Sega can sit there and say *We are sorry they are doing there best", Its not good enough. Simples. And apologies again if i come across rude :)

I haven't received mine either but it may be because you guys buggered up the release time. The email I got earlier today when I preordered from this site says "You have pre-ordered with us and will thus receive your download links and activation key by email from 21/10/2011 01:00 British Time."

So an hour later.. It's 00:59 in Britain as of this post, I reckon, so we'll see if this sticks.

Sorry if i come across rude and ignorant, But surely an online retailer distributing downloadable games should have known of these potential hazards and surely they should have sent them out earlier? Like pretty much every other online retailer? I dont get how Si/Sega can sit there and say *We are sorry they are doing there best", Its not good enough. Simples. And apologies again if i come across rude :)

As I said, we're not happy either. It will be investigated!

It's only 9MB, you had to download more than that to activate the game. MAINBOY you've only just returned from a ban, please let your stay this time be a bit longer okay?

It's downloaded. I'am impressed with steam so far.

Archived