Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not just the bigger teams in FM of late though is it, Neil. There's been a number of threads in recent time about how FM has become too easy. If someone is seeing that from the demo then surely questions need to be asked. FM/CM used to challenge and it used to be an achievement to progress. Lately it's just a foregone conclusion that you'll progress. I know there's plenty of asking for easier modes on these forums and I really do hope that SI are not bandying to that.

In the last two editions I've played as teams ranging from KFUM Oslo to Juventus Bucharest and Wrexham. Each time I've had a so-so first season followed by a second season in which I just can't lose. I find myself altering the way I play the game in order to find ways to lose....or simply have a challenge. And I'm far from a tactical god.

You folks at SI have done an amazing job in making FM more advanced and mirroring of the real world of football. I especially love some of the new features in FM12 but i simply can not enjoy playing (or condone buying) a game that is just too easy.

I don't know what else to say, but I'm sure people aren't imagining this. It's certainly not a case that all the people who will report the game as easy are playing Premiership giants.

EDIT: Just an edit to say that I realise I can't say for sure what level of difficulty FM12 is at without playing the full release. I'm just reluctant to buy what with my recent experiences of the game. I'd love to just take a leap and I'd really love to revisit my love of this game, but I don't want to end up disgruntled and disappointed again.

i completely agree, i feel like the game as become too easy over the years, and i dont know why , i thought managing a football club was suppose to be a challenge? .. i enjoyed this game because of logical thinking needed to win games, but if its become easy then i cant see myself playing any future FM

I must truly be awful at this game then...

I don't think it's that pompey, and I hate to sound like I'm full of it. I really wish I knew why it goes like it does for me. Second season equals boredom...every save I run.

I recall my Wrexham game very well. In my first wishy washy season my best players were some loanees whom, at the seasons turn over, decided they would sign for me permanently. I went immediately from a patchy first season to winning every game. There was no tactic change, no utterly amazing new players. It was just the same team as the season before, but now they were footballing gods.

Anyway, I've voiced my thoughts. I won't flood this thread with this. I just hope people don't feel like I'm far too self congratulating.

• Administrators
I'm having problems uploading match highlights onto youtube. Youtube is saying the file type is incorrect. Anyone else had problems with this?

Yeah we're aware of this issue and we're looking into it. Thanks.

• Administrators

Spotted this red notification number on my transfer page with the number 1 on it, yet I have no pending offers. I was wondering if this is a bug, or is it something obvious that I'm missing?

Hmm, quite odd that, could you please bring it up on the bugs forum so it doesn't get missed? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240

Either in the User Interface or Transfers and Contracts section, either would be fine. Thanks.

I don't think it's that pompey, and I hate to sound like I'm full of it. I really wish I knew why it goes like it does for me. Second season equals boredom...every save I run.

I recall my Wrexham game very well. In my first wishy washy season my best players were some loanees whom, at the seasons turn over, decided they would sign for me permanently. I went immediately from a patchy first season to winning every game. There was no tactic change, no utterly amazing new players. It was just the same team as the season before, but now they were footballing gods.

Anyway, I've voiced my thoughts. I won't flood this thread with this. I just hope people don't feel like I'm far too self congratulating.

My only real long term game in FM2011 was with Hartlepool. It took me three seasons to scrape promotion via the play-offs, and then I spent the next 6 seasons flirting with relegation, apart from one year when I nearly made the Championship playoffs. I find the game quite challenging, but then perhaps I'm just not as good as some people! I'm happy with it how it is, I enjoy having to work for success.

Steam problem aside (Although ability to start download from last point is good), spent quite a great deal of time roaming here and there on FM12 Demo. Loved a lot of new features, glad that some of recommendation are also added now. Some glitches are still there, hope they will be sorted out by 21st.

Looking ahead for a nice time. :thup: Nice job SI. :applause:

The team talks are absolutely awful. It's gone beyond micro management from what I can tell. So if I'm getting this right - The assman gives a team talk, then I can give a team talk for the mid/def or forwards and then I can give team talks individually? Seriously? Am I missing something or has it gone that ott?

Good on you, maybe you could apply for the England job when Capellos contract runs out :applause:

The team talks are absolutely awful. It's gone beyond micro management from what I can tell. So if I'm getting this right - The assman gives a team talk, then I can give a team talk for the mid/def or forwards and then I can give team talks individually? Seriously? Am I missing something or has it gone that ott?

Yes you can do this but its optional you dont have do all those you say there just there to do so if you please

• Administrators

No, the assistant suggests to you what to say, you do a 'room team talk'. Then it's up to you whether you want to talk to the team by positions or individually. You don't have to, you can just do the main one and leave it. Or not even that.

Think about it in a real life scenario, Alex Ferguson would say 'let's win this one today lads', then speak to the defence and say 'keep it tight at the back lads' followed by going up to Rooney and saying 'I expect a performance from you today son'. What's unrealistic about that?

• Administrators
Neil is there any news off possibly releasing the fmf extractor for this years addition so we can open our fmf files, ive tried using my fm 2011 fm extractor to no avail

Will be released with the game, as far as I'm aware there are no plans for it to be released until then.

Yes you can do this but its optional you dont have do all those you say there just there to do so if you please

But that means the next game could decide on if you give five different team talks, or not, as the case will be when it becomes so very tedious.

Not sure about you lot but that's beyond over kill, in my opinion.

• Administrators
But that means the next game could decide on if you give five different team talks, or not, as the case will be when it becomes so very tedious.

As said:

No, the assistant suggests to you what to say, you do a 'room team talk'. Then it's up to you whether you want to talk to the team by positions or individually. You don't have to, you can just do the main one and leave it. Or not even that.

Think about it in a real life scenario, Alex Ferguson would say 'let's win this one today lads', then speak to the defence and say 'keep it tight at the back lads' followed by going up to Rooney and saying 'I expect a performance from you today son'. What's unrealistic about that?

Okay, I get the general idea, but it seems a bit like over kill. I just hope that avoiding doing that every game doesn't have a big impact on your season or, tbh, it's ridiculous as the micro management thing was getting a bit much, for me at least.

How important is it to do these team talks in depth? I mean it must be important or what would be the point of putting it in th game?

• Administrators
hey i wish you si guys would not shorten the names of teams i like to see the teams full name example SLB i would like to see it as benfica not SLB

This is due to licensing issues.

People have always, always, overemphasized the actual effect of team talks. They're a lot more subtle than people think.

Well no not really dking as like i say the choice is yours if you want you can just give the usual team talk to all your team but if you think you can maybe motivate a player or your defenders more you can give individuals a talk or all your defence the choice is your, it just adds more to this side of game and works well trust me :)

• Administrators
Okay, I get the general idea, but it seems a bit like over kill. I just hope that avoiding doing that every game doesn't have a big impact on your season or, tbh, it's ridiculous as the micro management thing was getting a bit much, for me at least.

As said you can just do one team talk at the start, I don't really see how that's micro management?

As said you can just do one team talk at the start, I don't really see how that's micro management?

I always thought that team talks were important, so me skipping a lot of it could have an adverse effect on the way my team plays, which would force me to micromanage. Surely it has a significant impact in the game or why would it have been put in there?

Ok, a complaint. As a Pompey fan, you've made the old girl (Fratton Park) look far too slick. The ground once called Top Flight Football's Sexiest Timewarp by the Observer is looking like a nice new ground. Can we have Fratton looking like the classic slightly ramshackle place we know and love?

(Yes I know the grounds aren't done individually per club...)

You only get two bites at the cherry, the positional talk counts as an indivdual one.

Edit: A bit late.

that is great thanks wally i cant wait to see it im PSG does it happen in france

Hmm possibly pal but im not sure, think places like italy etc were you do seem them often are more likely to happen, but France may have them I've not managed there yet so unsure :)

I always thought that team talks were important, so me skipping a lot of it could have an adverse effect on the way my team plays, which would force me to micromanage. Surely it has a significant impact in the game or why would it have been put in there?

They're a way of giving your team an extra boost - but the AI manager is doing the exact same thing, remember.

If you find it tedious, do what I do and tick that little Assistant Manager box in the options, puts you on the exact same level as the AI and you can happily ignore it.

Some holidaying during the demo shows to me that there's still a problem with how many goals are scored in a playable league. If we look back through the past 10 seasons in real life a handful of teams have managed to score/concede over two per game and in a rare few cases it got into triple figures. After the third patch in Football Manager 2011 it was a regular occurrence which essentially put me off playing because I found it unrealistic and I'm a bit compulsive in having realistic stats.

In real life the last 7 seasons goals highest and lowest have seen (those in brackets are the second and third highest):

10 - 11: Goals Scored: Norwich City - 83 (81, 77); Goals Against: Scunthorpe United - 87 (81, 79)

09 - 10: Goals Scored: Newcastle United - 90 (89, 74); Goals Against: Scunthorpe United - 84 (80, 73)

08 - 09: Goals Scored: Wolverhampton Wanderers - 80 (72, 72); Goals Against: Charlton Athletic - 74 (72, 70)

07 - 08: Goals Scored: West Bromwich Albion - 88 (69, 65); goals against: Colchester United - 86 (72, 69)

06 - 07: Goals Scored: West Bromwich Albion - 81 (77, 76); goals against: Barnsley 85 (81, 80)

05 - 06: Goals Scored: Reading - 99 (77, 76); goals against: Crewe Alexandra - 86 (71, 67)

04 - 05: Goals Scored: Ipswich Town - 85 (79, 76); goals against: Crewe Alexandra - 86 (73, 69)

I've gone through holiday mode for seven seasons to look at how the stats match up. Listed below are the teams that after 22 games have scored or conceded 2 goals per game, and bare in mind in the seven seasons listed above that Reading are the only team to have done this.

Season 1: 22 games played, Bristol City (51), Blackpool (44) and Middlesbrough (48) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Doncaster (52), Coventry City (50), Reading (49) and Watford (44) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 40 and conceded is 34).

Season 2: 22 games played, Blackpool (49) and Ipswich Town (45) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Reading (47) and Coventry City (47) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 40 and conceded is 34).

Season 3: 22 games played, Reading (48), Portsmouth (47) and West Ham United (45) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Watford (47), Ipswich Town (44) and Coventry City (44) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 35 and conceded is 35).

Season 4: 22 games played, Bristol City (46), Leicester City(46) and Ipswich Town (44) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Doncaster Rovers (64!), and Coventry City (54) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 39 and conceded is 32).

Season 5: 22 games played, Reading (48) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Hull City (47), Coventry City (45) and Barnsley (44) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 37 and conceded is 41).

Season 6: 22 games played, Leicester City (45) and West Ham United (44) have averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Doncaster Rovers (56), Coventry City (46) and Millwall (44) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 39 and conceded is 37).

Season 7: 22 games played, Reading (46) has averaged at least 2.0 goals scored per game and Coventry City (62), Watford (48) and Doncaster Rovers (46) have averaged at last 2.0 goals against per game. (In League 1 after 21 games the highest scored is 35 and conceded is 39).

Now I'm presuming in this that the goals will roughly continue at the same trend over the second section of the season, and I might be jumping the gun a bit based on half a season but it's something that would put me off the game.

I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit of a moody post but on a better note everything else looks absolutely brilliant and this could well be the best FM ever.

This was a problem with FM11 as well, 5+teams were regularly getting 90+ goals every season in the league, strikers getting 40-50 league goals a season in the league I was playing in. I feel it has something to do with the amount of IFK and goals from corners that are scored in leagues you play in, if they are toned down it should go back to normal as other playable leagues I have up don't have any near as many IFK goals and goals from corners compared to the league I actually play in.

• SI Staff
Ok I have read three or four pages and it doesn't look like anyone has come across my issue (apologies if somebody has already!).

Ok. Tevez. Signing Tevez for Arsenal i thought it would be a great idea and a massive coup. I agreed with Man City to sign him for £30m but then his agent was a total b.

Lo and behold the following day Tevez sacks his agent!! Yes I'm in there, great stuff. So I make the exact same offer, it's accepted again and... yep, you guessed it, it's the same agent :( Tevez bless him, sacks him again. But now I won't be fooled, I check his profile and sure enough his agent is still there. Hmm.

So, I think that counts as a valid issue, if players sack their agents they should leave their players! Thanks.

PS - I did sign Tevez in the end btw, for £7m plus £10 after 40 matches, with wages of £175k, that hard-bargaining agent again, then RVP got the same wage because he had a highest earner clause, ouch that went my budget. All this only for Tevez to get injured for 6 weeks in its second game after 2 minutes. Blast.

The Tevez agent issue is something we are aware of and this has been reported here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276749-Agent-wont-go-away

Cheers,

Ben

This was a problem with FM11 as well, 5+teams were regularly getting 90+ goals every season in the league, strikers getting 40-50 league goals a season in the league I was playing in. I feel it has something to do with the amount of IFK and goals from corners that are scored in leagues you play in, if they are toned down it should go back to normal.

As i said before his holiday test is only over half a season you need to do a full season before concluding anything

Got very bored of FM11, but I can honestly say FM12 feels a lot fresher and I'm enjoying it a lot more. The layout and UI for me is a much need improvement and is much more intuitive, liking all the stats in one place for example. One thing that made me smile was I scored a 30yd freekick, and the director cam replay was zoomed in right behind the freekick taker, for the perfect replay, Keep it up SI. :applause:

notification.jpg

Spotted this red notification number on my transfer page with the number 1 on it, yet I have no pending offers. I was wondering if this is a bug, or is it something obvious that I'm missing?

Hmm, quite odd that, could you please bring it up on the bugs forum so it doesn't get missed? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240

Either in the User Interface or Transfers and Contracts section, either would be fine. Thanks.

Yea, I saw this one aswell, though I had had offers they had all been dealt with.

Archived