Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, zeza said:

When are we supposed to expect a new patch/hotfix?

Scouting/Recruitment Focus is broken for almost 3 months and the best answer we got is that our parameters are too narrow.

It was towards the backend of February last year I believe.

4 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

What does this mean exactly?

I'm not overly excited about a new patch. Sure a scouting fix will be nice to have but the ME needs changes for me to get pumped again.

I shouldn't be, but actually I am - because I've stopped playing the game until the last patch comes out, in the hope all aspects /  issues highlighted here have been improved upon to make this year's game playable.

46 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

I shouldn't be, but actually I am - because I've stopped playing the game until the last patch comes out, in the hope all aspects /  issues highlighted here have been improved upon to make this year's game playable.

Fairly certain there are no ME changes coming in the final patch...

I hope you like goals from throw ins...

Well, I hope you're wrong :) I compare this FM very much to last year's. The game was dreadful the first two patches, but they did a good job in the final patch.

This year's game is exactly the same with the first two patches. I'd find it incredible if they choose not to fix the glaring issues to a decent level.

This year's goalkeepers have driven me mad. I absolutely despise my goalkeepers, if SI could put an addon" punch your GK in the face " i would gladly pay for it.

5 minutes ago, moriartysb28 said:

I was looking forward to the winter patch and these recent news have caused great surprise to me. I'm disappointed. I feel cheated. I want to know which of the actors' features are truly useful, which are the fake ones?

There has been no announcements on winter update, so all post claiming anything is simply speculation and shouldn’t be taken seriously, When SI have something to announce they will, please be patient! 

22 dakika önce, zakbrown96 said:

There has been no announcements on winter update, so all post claiming anything is simply speculation and shouldn’t be taken seriously, When SI have something to announce they will, please be patient! 

You are right, maybe speculation (I hope), but from my own experience, there are clearly some problems. I feel like some features don't work at all. I hope I am wrong and these problems will be fixed. I love the details and realism of this game. That's why this news worried me. I'm looking forward to the winter update.

Edited by moriartysb28

49 minutes ago, g1nh0 said:

Well, I hope you're wrong :) I compare this FM very much to last year's. The game was dreadful the first two patches, but they did a good job in the final patch.

This year's game is exactly the same with the first two patches. I'd find it incredible if they choose not to fix the glaring issues to a decent level.

Agree with you.

I hope I'm wrong too but I believe a good number of dev hours have already been shifted to fm25.

22 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Agree with you.

I hope I'm wrong too but I believe a good number of dev hours have already been shifted to fm25.

The season's all but over and there's nothing to play for. The first team are in training for next season (FM25), but they'll field the reserves for the remaining matches of this season (FM24 data update).

18 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

The season's all but over and there's nothing to play for. The first team are in training for next season (FM25), but they'll field the reserves for the remaining matches of this season (FM24 data update).

I actually think that's maybe what they did for this year's game from the start.

8 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

What does this mean exactly?

I'm not overly excited about a new patch. Sure a scouting fix will be nice to have but the ME needs changes for me to get pumped again.

From a programming perspective:

It means they likely are merging different development branches back to the master. Say there was a team focused on fixing issue #5 and another team focused on issue #6 etc.. Well now you have to bring those two pieces of code together again. Its not uncommon for branches to have conflicts because they work in isolation to resolve issues. When you merge them back together it highlights conflicts and you have to resolve them before the merge is accepted. Once all that work is done then you can test if the game behaves the way it is expected to with all the changes together as one entity. If it does you have a release candidate that will likely go through a full QA cycle. If it doesn't you'll open a new issue/branch and develop a fix and redo the previous step until it all works.

Every company/department/team has their own slightly different processes but generally follows this sort of cycle.

21 minutes ago, moriartysb28 said:

what does it mean?

Nothing for anyone outside SI. The "nightly" most likely refers to a nightly build of the code. Depending on how SI run their builds, it seems like it should build the code every night. @wazzaflow10commented on it in what is a very common way of doing it, and those images are only screenshots of the repository where the code is compiled. I know people like to post these things to hype updates, but they are really only big fat nothings.

At my work (I don't work for SI) we have several branches called test, system-test, qa-test, release-test, etc, and none of them indicate we are ready to push a new release. What you are seeing in those images is that someone has committed an update to a branch, nothing more than that.

Also, @bahmet, please stop posting those images in here, they are not feedback. Thanks.

Am I doing something wrong in the game as even with the increased realism files I hardly get any injuries in the game?

When looking at real life teams, they tend to have at least 5 players constantly out due to injuries. With Betis we have had a massive amount of fixtures and I've also been training most of the more experienced players with double intensity and I've only had two minor injuries during two months. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Litmanen 10:

Am I doing something wrong in the game as even with the increased realism files I hardly get any injuries in the game?

When looking at real life teams, they tend to have at least 5 players constantly out due to injuries. With Betis we have had a massive amount of fixtures and I've also been training most of the more experienced players with double intensity and I've only had two minor injuries during two months. 

Enjoy your luck as long as possible :D

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Litmanen 10:

I use them realism files too and have also double intensity training for the fittest players enabled and i have had between zero and 6 injuries at the same time having more injuries usualy later in each leg of the season and the injuries do range from 1 week to 9 months but mostly in the 3 to 8 week range.

Maybe you have good luck, exceptionaly good medicinal staff, or many of your players simply have injury preventing treats...

Edited by Etebaer

I had the same problem while playing with Chelsea. In real life they have really high amount of injuries all the time but in the game I was lucky if I had one player injured at a time. 

I don't use high intensity tactics such as high tempo or pressing which could be one of the reasons. 

I would say that a significant amount of the injuries my team has occur via hard tackles made against them and have nothing to do with any training intensity and the occasionaly broken arm after my GK saved a shot is a freak incident...

Edited by Etebaer

While bug reports are important and all of us on the mod team absolutely encourage making them, it isn't the case you can make a bug report then link to it in the feedback thread. A couple of posts have been removed doing that. 

5 hours ago, janrzm said:

3-0 up at half time, Bring on a couple of younger talents (Breakthrough Prospect/Impact Sub) for some game time. Both Balanced Personality, 13/14 Determination. Greeted by "Would've preferred to stay on the bench". I don't know what triggers this but it seems way off the mark. Hungry young players, 45 minutes with no pressure, don't want to play. I just can't see it, 

Yup and you keep them on the Bench and then it's complaints about not getting game time   

3 hours ago, janrzm said:

The reaction ought to be "Delighted to be getting a chance" or "Looking to make the most of the opportunity" unless of course they are flawed characters with low determination. I'll raise it again in bugs, assuming it's already been pointed out. 

Yeah this is a frustrating one.

Hid a few more posts about bugs, as moderators we'll do our part and draw attention to it where we can with SI. At the end of the day it is an entirely optional thing to exploit. If you wish to post about bugs and your experiences with them we have a dedicated bug tracker on the forums where the QA team review issues directly and the CCE team look to offer further information where appropriate or possible.

Football Manager 2024 Bugs Tracker - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

3 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah this is a frustrating one.

It is. And I have never worked out what triggers it, except that it seems to happen more often when winning comfortably. I get it for senior players as well sometimes. No obvious connection I can see to personality or character attributes, though it must derive from those in some way I guess.

1 minute ago, kevaggel said:

Excellent... hide it under the carpet 😷

Not at all. When it comes to computer games a number of people will feel compelled to play the game in the most optimal way possible. Even to the detriment of their own enjoyment of the game. 

When it comes to bugs, if it just happens out of nowhere then that's out of your control and if it ruins your game experience - of any title - that is unfortunate. It definitely happens though and many people have had many games ruined throughout their lives by encountering a bug out of nowhere. When it is a bug you can forcibly reproduce though, and in turn goes towards altering the natural difficulty or challenge in some aspect of a game it isn't necessarily fair to draw the attention to people of such an issue unnecessarily. Personally I've had issues with it in the past with other games and even with FM. Many moons ago there was a particular training exploit that involved going to specific levels in specific positions and skewing the attribute weighting system. Once the toothpaste is out of the tube for a player, its very difficult to put back in.

Believe it or not, all the posts made in here about it instead on the bug tracker would attract far more attention at SI. The reason being that the QA team are monitoring the bug tracker directly, this thread isn't directly monitored by the QA team and while it does get reviewed it isn't done so at the same intensity as the bug tracker and initially starts with staff outside of the QA team.

The good thing is, any posts we hide on the forums are still visible to SI staff in the exact same sequence as they were originally posted. In terms of the relevant attention being drawn to it, nothing is lost.

I presume this Buy any player bid bug has been reported seeing as it was posted all over social media last night?I thought it was a joke after all thats happened with the whole meta-test...i still don't really believe it.....but if people want to exploit it thats thieir business...Personally id stay a million miles from it...plus im playing fm15 and have deleted 24 for now...will re download if the update actually makes a difference

2 minutes ago, dannyo666 said:

I presume this Buy any player bid bug has been reported seeing as it was posted all over social media last night?I thought it was a joke after all thats happened with the whole meta-test...i still don't really believe it.....but if people want to exploit it thats thieir business...Personally id stay a million miles from it...plus im playing fm15 and have deleted 24 for now...will re download if the update actually makes a difference

It's in the bug tracker, and SI are looking into it.

15 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

SI are like the Glazers when it comes to comms.

Silence...then they come out saying they are going to be much more communicative with the fans....then back to silence...then "we are sorry we didn't do as we said and we are going to change that and communicate more with the fans"...then silence again and finally back to good ol'..."when we've got something to say, you will hear it."

Ill never understand this..Ive mentioned this as a few post here and there go along way to Franchise/player relations....Works fine with other Franchises..They seem happy to post and keep people updated...The last time i mentioned this someone said that people got rude with SI...Cant hose who are rude be kicked out?Rudeness is unacceptable 100%....A few knucklehead's should not come at the expense of 99.9 people with manners who just want to be kept in the loop

18 hours ago, janrzm said:

3-0 up at half time, Bring on a couple of younger talents (Breakthrough Prospect/Impact Sub) for some game time. Both Balanced Personality, 13/14 Determination. Greeted by "Would've preferred to stay on the bench". I don't know what triggers this but it seems way off the mark. Hungry young players, 45 minutes with no pressure, don't want to play. I just can't see it, 

I've found the only way to stop this is by doing a teamtalk whenever I bring subs on, a feature I'd never used until FM24, but now habitually use to prevent players "preferring to stay on the bench".

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've found the only way to stop this is by doing a teamtalk whenever I bring subs on, a feature I'd never used until FM24, but now habitually use to prevent players "preferring to stay on the bench".

I think there's also an element of unavoidability here. Not necessarily in the case of bring on youngsters in an easy match but bringing on more experienced players in a blow out its definitely a valid response.

I also wonder if its a slightly different response to just nervousness. as in a player might have poor personality and be nervous and you get this response.

2 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

True-I bought the game for the new "Headline features" mainly AI squad building but these don't work and even absolutely super important to a manager "Sim"-Scouting is broken(its mind-blowing that this does not function) .......Scouting is essential-I don't remember having massive scouting problems since cm3 when i started playing but the latest version scouting doesn't work?..25 is out for me and im playing older versions at the moment,im sure im not the only one...Money for me is tight for me personally and to be honest i feel like an idiot i parted ways with 40 quid for this....hence the reason i deleted the game....Lesson learned.

Edit-I replied to wrong person above meant to reply to @D-Foxx

Edited by dannyo666

15 hours ago, janrzm said:

The reaction ought to be "Delighted to be getting a chance" or "Looking to make the most of the opportunity" unless of course they are flawed characters with low determination. I'll raise it again in bugs, assuming it's already been pointed out. 

I tend to get these when the stakes are low in a game/pre-season so I just assume the player can't be bothered, so I wonder if professionalism and ambition are big drivers. Balanced is a pretty average personality so maybe these guys just aren't as hungry as other youth players, although you would think young players would be less prone to it 

It would be interesting to know what triggers it.

Edited by Dotsworthy

1 hour ago, D-Foxx said:

The game in the current state - as mentioned before - is beyond broken. I would go as far as saying it's not even Beta-ready, yet millions of copies have been sold under false pretences. Disgraceful. Personally, i'm not touching FM 25 - 100%. There is no other way to raise concern or even protest, just stop spending full retail on unfinished product (has been going on for years now)

If only there was some way of trying something before being totally-not-forced into buying a completely optional product.  We could even make it free, some kind of...demonstration.  If only, eh?

Seriously, you lose credibility as soon as you say "it's been going on for years".  I don't agree with the state of the game you're implying, but I do agree that SI's strategy is largely unchanged for a number of years.  If you're still throwing money at them regardless, despite there being a free demo to get a feel for the product prior to buying, then that's very much on you.  Take your own advice, stop buying, and go spend your time and money on something you will enjoy.  But I suspect you'll be back next year, probably talking about how long this whole process has been going on again.

1 hour ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I think there's also an element of unavoidability here. Not necessarily in the case of bring on youngsters in an easy match but bringing on more experienced players in a blow out its definitely a valid response.

I also wonder if its a slightly different response to just nervousness. as in a player might have poor personality and be nervous and you get this response.

Yeah sometimes even using the teamtalks doesn't work but I'd say 95% of the time I don't have issues with players not being bothered about coming on.

20 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

Everyone knows that buying the game means giving your thumbs up to what SI has been doing. The issue is that people have no other option with a manager simulator, and advertising this year made many fall for SI's promises, myself included. I bought FM23, but spent 3 years (from 19 to 22) playing older versions. But the promises for this year were too convincing, and what we got is not even a shell of what's been advertised. 

That's just a cop-out though.  You always have another option.  This isn't a human right product, or something that anyone has to have.  You can freely try the product prior to buying - something which SI deserve slight credit for given every other developer seems to have completely abandoned the practice - so if you try and think it isn't worth the money, then you're welcome to still buy because of some lack of willpower or whatever, but you kind of forfeit the right to complain about how "it's been going on for years now" when you're part of the reason why it is.  If you really want change, you need to actually do something about it, otherwise, like you say, you're giving the thumbs up, implicit approval in what SI are doing.  Why would they change then?

For the love of god please turn AI throw ins down. Or at least let us set up how to defend them 

It really does spoil the game. You can be 1-0 up and comfortable then from nowhere the AI gets a throw deep in your half and you know exactly what is coming.

please sort it out SI