Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Surely you know what gaps need filling so you should just sign players yourself??!?

Ive found its boring doing your own transfers, as such, as you end up just signing the same players constantly.

I let my DOF negotiate deals and contracts, but i identify players solely by using who the scouts have found. Seems to bring different results in different saves, and often you cant find anyone suitable.

I had to sign a 33yo CB in my latest save as no other free transfer players wanted to sign or were good enough, if i hadnt used that technique it would've been some wunderkid CB from Brazil.

Think it helps narrow the gap between human managers and AI managers.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive found its boring doing your own transfers, as such, as you end up just signing the same players constantly.

I let my DOF negotiate deals and contracts, but i identify players solely by using who the scouts have found. Seems to bring different results in different saves, and often you cant find anyone suitable.

I had to sign a 33yo CB in my latest save as no other free transfer players wanted to sign or were good enough, if i hadnt used that technique it would've been some wunderkid CB from Brazil.

Think it helps narrow the gap between human managers and AI managers.

Good idea. 

The main thing that makes it easy at the moment is the gap in squad building between AI and human. 

56 minutes ago, eren39 said:

Hi, the u21 and the u18 player wages maybe?

Hi thanks for the reply but I don't think so I just calculated the salary of all the players there theyre all on 5 pounds per week lol. So an additional 85 pounds to what should be 3790 doesnt equal the budget  5888. 

I released some of the players on appearance fee only contracts and not being paid weekly and the weekly wages per week went down.... so I assume this is a bug or this isn't working as it should be and will post this in the bug tracking forum. 

1 hour ago, jlboybeamer said:

Hi thanks for the reply but I don't think so I just calculated the salary of all the players there theyre all on 5 pounds per week lol. So an additional 85 pounds to what should be 3790 doesnt equal the budget  5888. 

I released some of the players on appearance fee only contracts and not being paid weekly and the weekly wages per week went down.... so I assume this is a bug or this isn't working as it should be and will post this in the bug tracking forum. 

Bonuses are part of your wage budget, so even a player with only appearance fees and no weekly salary would account for a part of your budget. Annoying part is that you can generally only see this during the actual contract negotiations, tucked away in the bottom left corner.

7 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Bonuses are part of your wage budget, so even a player with only appearance fees and no weekly salary would account for a part of your budget. Annoying part is that you can generally only see this during the actual contract negotiations, tucked away in the bottom left corner.

I understand but those are "bonuses" they shouldn't count for weekly wages as that's a separate thing. For example why would I pay the appearance fee if he hasn't played? Thats the whole point of the contracts with only appearance fees to pay and no weekly wages in the lower leagues. You only pay them when you play them per match. 

6 minutes ago, jlboybeamer said:

I understand but those are "bonuses" they shouldn't count for weekly wages as that's a separate thing. For example why would I pay the appearance fee if he hasn't played? Thats the whole point of the contracts with only appearance fees to pay and no weekly wages in the lower leagues. You only pay them when you play them per match. 

You will pay a number of bonuses over the season. There needs to be a budget for that. What budget would that be other than the wage budget? Imagine if you could just put players with massive appearance fees, but no fixed wages on your wage budget for absolutely nothing. How would that make any sense whatsoever?

2 minutes ago, trviggo said:

Why doesn't players generate transfer value or interest on loan? This has been such a weird quirk of the game for such a long time it's hard to assume it isn't intentional, but I can't understand how. 

Do they? I had a guy I signed for a free, tried to offload him for quick money, nobody was interested as he barely played for me. Loaned him out for a season, he got play time, I then offered him out when he came back and in the end I got €60m for him, which is way more than I ever thought I'd get.

6 hours ago, tropicsafc said:

No-one has suggested that it's not happening with other teams. Quite the opposite. This thread is full of examples. Myself and others have only pointed out that you rocked up with probably the worst possible example to try and prove your point.

It just looks like opponents are doing not much, so passive. AI managers etc. are just passive it looks like. Games where opponents almost have no xG, no shots on target. Like how!? And that even with an even possesion game (50-50). It doesnt make sense!

And i think thats where the easy wins come from, what people are experiencing. AI isnt challenging somehow. It has nothing to do with being a big club like Real Madrid. 

5 minuti fa, Iakovenko ha scritto:

I thought the squad planner was private and only us as the manager could see it. Does it actually influence dof behaviour?

I think it does.
When I had a low number of players in one specific position, he would buy one. 
But you have to tell him, meaning that if you will never use one player in a position, remove him from the list. Let the DOF know you think you only have one or two alternatives for a role.

3 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Do they? I had a guy I signed for a free, tried to offload him for quick money, nobody was interested as he barely played for me. Loaned him out for a season, he got play time, I then offered him out when he came back and in the end I got €60m for him, which is way more than I ever thought I'd get.

I can't remember a single player generating interest except from the club they're loaned out to, nor increase in valuation during their time there. Meanwhile my RW gets injured for months and doesn't play an official game between winter and summer window and gets an increase in the bids he gets. Not to put anything on one example, just thought it was funny it happened right after posting this. 

If you just signed someone clubs won't be interested because the player won't wanna leave. Of course you can still get sizeable sales after loans, but the players are at a huge disadvantage to those in your own playing squad, even if their performance should suggests otherwise. Never have I ever gotten a bid for a player on loan from another club either, which is something that is both allowed irl and we can do. So why won't the AI?

Edited by trviggo

25 minutes ago, trviggo said:

I can't remember a single player generating interest except from the club they're loaned out to, nor increase in valuation during their time there. Meanwhile my RW gets injured for months and doesn't play an official game between winter and summer window and gets an increase in the bids he gets. Not to put anything on one example, just thought it was funny it happened right after posting this. 

If you just signed someone clubs won't be interested because the player won't wanna leave. Of course you can still get sizeable sales after loans, but the players are at a huge disadvantage to those in your own playing squad, even if their performance should suggests otherwise. Never have I ever gotten a bid for a player on loan from another club either, which is something that is both allowed irl and we can do. So why won't the AI?

In that aspect I do agree with you. Despite all the talk about how 5 different managers want to make 5 different loans permanent, none of them will ever make an offer for the player while he is out on loan.

On 14/12/2023 at 22:05, arthurbf10 said:

Anyone still feels set piece goals are excessive? Specially from throw-ins... So frustrating

I just conceded two in a Champions League game, and generally it is still an issue I think. Also the subtitution bug is still there. My u19 manager doesn't try to sub anyone on.

On a different note however, anyone else feel that with the latest minor update something changed in the ME for the worse? I am pretty sure I am not just imagining things and could give concrete examples.

My IW-RPM combo suddenly doesn't work, the roaming playmaker doesn't create space for the winger like he used to, doesn't go further up the field, also the right back and defensive midfielder behaviour feels like got changed.

I tried using a 5-3-2 DM and the players forgot how to defend throw-ins and indirect freekicks. Almost all the goals i receive start either from a throw in, a corner or indirect freekick that the defense is too slow to react....

On 15/12/2023 at 11:59, f.zaarour said:

U guys can stop acting like its only with Real Madrid. Many others are experiencing it with smaller teams so lets not do its only because im Real Madrid. And even then, beating the likes of City and Atleti with such ease is not rly realistic. 
But also the high scores constantly. A few here and there i would say cool but its constantly. And how bad is City if i beat them with such ease? Can u explain that? 

And also compared to FM23 the difference is there. Matches were tougher back then. And also then i was Real Madrid but i didnt experienced this like i do now with FM24 so ye. 

Im sorry man, picking real madrid and complaining that the game is too easy is insane. Its a VIDEO GAME, if u pick THE BEST CLUB ON EARTH and are somewhat GOOD at the game; do u not expect to dominate and it be too easy?!?! Come on now. 

and the fact that people are doing the same w smaller clubs is insane. I have started 2 saves so far, this is how its gone for me..

save 1

season 1: Ibiza. Picked to finish 1st in primera rfef (3rd div spain). I finished 2nd. Lost in promotion playoffs  

season 2: Ibiza. Picked to finish first in Primera rfef. Finished first. Got promoted.

season 3: moved to Huesca in La Liga 2. Picked to finish 6th. Finished 9th.

save 2 (started recently)

season 1: real zaragoza, picked to finish 12th in Liga 2. Finished 3rd. Got promoted in playoffs. (This is the ONLY season ive overachieved big time)

season 2: real zaragoza now in la liga, picked to finish 18th, im currently dead last 20th w 8 hames played lol.

in ALL my years of playing FM, all of them, I have NEVER EVER ONCE won amy of the top 5 league titles. Never have won UCL. Never have won UEL. Ever.

but then again, I never ever play w Madrid or Barcelona do I? I start w 3rd division teams always.  

The technical committee in the game has several positions, but in fact there is not much representation and functionality in the game. This makes the game a bit "emotionless", the AI could be improved in this aspect. The computer would create more difficulties if: trainers, physiotherapists, assistant coaches with significant attributes for the reputation of the league the team is in were more participative in FM.

I don't think the game is easy, but at the same time that we evolve within a save, the machine's algorithms could evolve too, always leaving the game balanced.

I read here throughout the thread that the football director is not performing his role, this bug is old and I am always reporting it in favor of a better game. The same is happening with the scouts, this has to be well adjusted and works together with the interaction of social media and members of the technical committee, it would give the game more autonomy and more realism. I believe that everyone's "dream" is to see FM as an increasingly realistic simulator in the world of football, that is, we are just technicians and the members of the technical committee perform their functions and the game happens. This is not yet possible, if we are just the coaches the game becomes monotonous precisely because there are functions that are not performed.

Will we have the traditional update around Christmas?

In my opinion, ME is very good, I'm waiting for updates on the pre-game editor and especially on the Japanese licenses.

Edited by Leon_fogo

2 hours ago, Dadecane said:

Im sorry man, picking real madrid and complaining that the game is too easy is insane. Its a VIDEO GAME, if u pick THE BEST CLUB ON EARTH and are somewhat GOOD at the game; do u not expect to dominate and it be too easy?!?! Come on now. 

and the fact that people are doing the same w smaller clubs is insane. I have started 2 saves so far, this is how its gone for me..

save 1

season 1: Ibiza. Picked to finish 1st in primera rfef (3rd div spain). I finished 2nd. Lost in promotion playoffs  

season 2: Ibiza. Picked to finish first in Primera rfef. Finished first. Got promoted.

season 1: real zaragoza, picked to finish 12th in Liga 2. Finished 3rd. Got promoted in playoffs. (This is the ONLY season ive overachieved big time)

season 2: real zaragoza now in la liga, picked to finish 18th, im currently dead last 20th w 8 hames played lol.

in ALL my years of playing FM, all of them, I have NEVER EVER ONCE won amy of the top 5 league titles. Never have won UCL. Never have won UEL. Ever.

but then again, I never ever play w Madrid or Barcelona do I? I start w 3rd division teams always.  

There should be challenge at the top. If you ask Pep Guardiola (manager of the actual best team in the world by the way) do you think he’ll say his job isn’t a challenge?

23 minutes ago, DP said:

There should be challenge at the top. If you ask Pep Guardiola (manager of the actual best team in the world by the way) do you think he’ll say his job isn’t a challenge?

Of course he'll say it's a challenge. But that's not the real question for FM.  The real question is "Can the things that make managing a big team challenging IRL be properly represented in the game?".  Given that they are largely to do with maintaining success and the mental pressures that come with that I'm not sure they can be.  How, in game, do you get round the fact that recruitment when you have City, PSG or Real money is dead simple or that man-management can only be represented vaguely without true AI - and is already the most tedious, rage-inducing part of the game?

How would you like big-club management to be more challenging?

Edited by rp1966

13 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Of course he'll say it's a challenge. But that's not the real question for FM.  The real question is "Can the things that make managing a big team challenging IRL be properly represented in the game?".  Given that they are largely to do with maintaining success and the mental pressures that come with that I'm not sure they can be.  How, in game, do you get round the fact that recruitment when you have City, PSG or Real money is dead simple or that man-management can only be represented vaguely without true AI - and is already the most tedious, rage-inducing part of the game?

How would you like big-club management to be more challenging?

Well it’s quite obvious isn’t it and it’s something that was a headline feature. You make the other top teams squad build better, manage youth better and use their tactics better. You make an effort to make the very best managers have the edge. This is exactly what SI are trying to do (to some extent) but aren’t there yet. And may never be tbf, based on their intentions. 

33 minutes ago, DP said:

Well it’s quite obvious isn’t it and it’s something that was a headline feature. You make the other top teams squad build better, manage youth better and use their tactics better. You make an effort to make the very best managers have the edge. This is exactly what SI are trying to do (to some extent) but aren’t there yet. And may never be tbf, based on their intentions. 

Yes, the squad-building logic could be improved, but you're talking about top teams - ultimately they've got the money to shut out most of their competition when it comes to recruitment.  You also have the problem that the human advantage over SI's code means that even if you miss out on the very best player in a position because another top team got them, you'll just get the next one in the list and because of attribute ranges and RNG, they'll likely keep your squad at the level it needs to be.  The kind of changes SI are likely to be able to make could well work for the next tier down teams - better squad-building and recruitment competition could work, but the absolute top teams have the reputation and money to overcome that and I really don't see how FM can ever make playing as Man City challenging.  

I suppose longer term, one problem that you do get in FM with top teams is a problem with massive wages which makes offloading players harder than clubs with sensible wage structures, but even then between Saudi clubs picking up your has-beens and the magic sponsorship money you'll never hit a point where the board will sack you because you're throwing money down the drain.

Edited by rp1966

That is the point of the whole discussion about the game being "easy". If managing Real Madrid is not a challenge, getting a midtable team to the top is not a challenge for the same reason, all of that beucase FM can't replicate the pressures of real football. Managing a big team should be harder in fact, due to pressure. Staying at the top should be hard. But, in the end, this a computer game. You have to win to get the feeling the game was worth your money, at least that is the case for many who buy it. 

I buy every version and almost never win trophies in my saves because to me it is a big turn off. I play the game to explore all the possibilities, which I find fun. It is like FM is a platform game but playing the single-player story is not fun anymore, so I find other game modes to play.

Just a question: Do you guys, after winning the UCL, find any motivation to keep playing ? I'm asking that because there might be good reasons people can come up with to play FM, usually mine are testing tactics, developing players and watching the ME.

27 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

That is the point of the whole discussion about the game being "easy". If managing Real Madrid is not a challenge, getting a midtable team to the top is not a challenge for the same reason, all of that beucase FM can't replicate the pressures of real football. Managing a big team should be harder in fact, due to pressure. Staying at the top should be hard. But, in the end, this a computer game. You have to win to get the feeling the game was worth your money, at least that is the case for many who buy it. 

I buy every version and almost never win trophies in my saves because to me it is a big turn off. I play the game to explore all the possibilities, which I find fun. It is like FM is a platform game but playing the single-player story is not fun anymore, so I find other game modes to play.

Just a question: Do you guys, after winning the UCL, find any motivation to keep playing ? I'm asking that because there might be good reasons people can come up with to play FM, usually mine are testing tactics, developing players and watching the ME.

Yes still play after winning the UCL-will always move on though to a new club try to do it again...or just get as far as i can with a lower rep club

3 hours ago, DP said:

Bro but this is a VIDEO GAME. There are things in the game that dont apply to real life. Like immediately changing your tactic and seein the immediate result on the field. In real life that may work, it may not. Pep encounters tons of real life challenged that are impossible to duplicate in a game. My question is, if youre playing a video game, something with limitations, and that CAN be mastered, how u gonna say the games too easy cuz u picked real madrid? They just won 3 ucl’s consecutively, irl, not so long ago. 

ANY game, sports or not, is gonna be relatively easy if A) youre good at it and B) you pick the best most powerful character. 

how can we complain that the game is too easy when the USER picked a club with unlimited resources, unlimited money, excellent world class talent at every position, etc etc. if u WANT an easier game; then u pick Madrid. But dont complain about it 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

im constantly using clubs like Ibiza, Zaragoza, etc and I do AMAZING things w them, but is it easy? Hell no. Thats why I pick them. 

if u want the game to be harder, dont pick the EASIEST club in the world 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

26 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

Bro but this is a VIDEO GAME. There are things in the game that dont apply to real life. Like immediately changing your tactic and seein the immediate result on the field. In real life that may work, it may not. Pep encounters tons of real life challenged that are impossible to duplicate in a game. My question is, if youre playing a video game, something with limitations, and that CAN be mastered, how u gonna say the games too easy cuz u picked real madrid? They just won 3 ucl’s consecutively, irl, not so long ago. 

ANY game, sports or not, is gonna be relatively easy if A) youre good at it and B) you pick the best most powerful character. 

how can we complain that the game is too easy when the USER picked a club with unlimited resources, unlimited money, excellent world class talent at every position, etc etc. if u WANT an easier game; then u pick Madrid. But dont complain about it 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

im constantly using clubs like Ibiza, Zaragoza, etc and I do AMAZING things w them, but is it easy? Hell no. Thats why I pick them. 

if u want the game to be harder, dont pick the EASIEST club in the world 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Eh? It’s a video game trying to be a simulation. If you can’t replicate the most exciting part of football - ie title races - then what’s the point?

If the only drama is the (inevitable) rise to the top and then you win everything when you’re there, the game is lacking some serious drama and it’s absolutely something that should be continuously looked at. All this ‘it’s only a video game’ thing doesn’t hold up if it wants to be as realistic a representation of football as possible. 

I also get it’s in SI’s favour to make it easier as they want people playing more and not getting frustrated - but I’d prefer title challenges, not processions once I get to the top. Choosing Real at the start is irrelevant as you’ll get there eventually.

Edited by DP

1 hour ago, DP said:

Eh? It’s a video game trying to be a simulation. If you can’t replicate the most exciting part of football - ie title races - then what’s the point?

If the only drama is the (inevitable) rise to the top and then you win everything when you’re there, the game is lacking some serious drama and it’s absolutely something that should be continuously looked at. All this ‘it’s only a video game’ thing doesn’t hold up if it wants to be as realistic a representation of football as possible. 

I also get it’s in SI’s favour to make it easier as they want people playing more and not getting frustrated - but I’d prefer title challenges, not processions once I get to the top. Choosing Real at the start is irrelevant as you’ll get there eventually.

It is a video game, something that is NOT REAL life and CAN be mastered. It is also the best football simulator on the planet, yes, one is one exclusive to the other. Any video game on EARTH eventually becomes easy if u play it enough. To pick madrid and yell that its too easy is crazy imo. Yes, pick madrid, master the game, and youre unstoppable. Seems normal, its a game. Ive been picling 3rd and 2nd div sides in spain for 6 years in FM and ive yet to win a single Liga title. Def doesnt seem easy to me. Cuz its not easy to do what im trying to do w this club irl. Madrid beating up on everyone en route to 3 straight unchallenged ucl’s? It just happened irl.  🤷🏽‍♂️ hell a coach with 0 experience took over madrid and did it!! Zidane! If that aint FM for ya 🤣 

Edited by Dadecane

Hell many here in spain would even argue zidane isnt that great of a manager. Hell, ive seen plenty average managers cruise to titles at Madrid and Barcelona in my lifetime. It makes sense that its also easy(er) with them in a video game idk at least to me

Didnt Zidane win 3 UCL's in a row? Whats there to argue about? A great coach doesnt mean that he's all about the tactics, it also means how he handles the dressing room and how well he motivates his players.

Edited by andu1

It's not that important, but it made no sense to change some years ago the portuguese translation of regista to creative midfielder. Makes no sense, everyone in Portugal knows what a regista role is, creative midfielder is just ambiguous ********.

Edited by Razor940

12 horas atrás, Razor940 disse:

It's not that important, but it made no sense to change some years ago the portuguese translation of regista to creative midfielder. Makes no sense, everyone in Portugal knows what a regista role is, creative midfielder is just ambiguous ********.

Totally agree

10 hours ago, Wong77 said:

This is the worst generation of football manager I've ever played, and by December, the game was still in a state of unplayability, with many nasty bugs still unfixed, mainly: missing "passing style" data on the coach page, team analysis, and pre-season report page; attribute sorting problems on the training page; and missing players' clubs and youth training information on the eligibility page. There is no way that these bugs have been delayed until now, they should have been fixed overnight, and there has been no apology statement or other explanations, which is really disappointing.

Some of those long term bugs are probably deeply built into the game, and possibly extremely difficult to fix.

If so then I'm guessing those bugs wont be fixed until they overhaul the entire design of the game and use a brand new engine and rebuild the game from the ground up.... which I believe they are doing for FM25?

Staff appointments are still broken and unrealistic. Why the hell did they mess with stuff that worked in previous versions. I’m so livid. Can’t play yet as that’s an aspect of the game I enjoy a lot.

If I released such unpolished turds at work I’d be LONG GONE.

Edited by kazik

1 hour ago, marionk said:

Fantastic goal from Barcelona, what a move!! Looks how my team Mal defense the free kick, totally normal behavior :applause:

bug1.png.b88629aa4ae4295919a9eac7f3fa0fea.pngbug2.png.ea81e1f9f99b93c2345b75c72232d824.pngbug3.png.73f19008bf73851ab4aa738ffcb4a00f.png

Without a clip is hard to say but judging by the text looks like Gavi took an advantage and took the free-kick faster, not allowing your defense to be properly set-uo, just like that TAA corner against Barça in the Champions League.

Is anyone else seeing tons of loans for young players coming in a fringe player/backup keeper and then you can negotiated it to a squad or first choice keeper after repeatedly changing it and suggesting terms? Locking it will cause them to be not interested but just doing suggest seems to get them to accept the terms.

19 hours ago, andu1 said:

Didnt Zidane win 3 UCL's in a row? Whats there to argue about? A great coach doesnt mean that he's all about the tactics, it also means how he handles the dressing room and how well he motivates his players.

Yeah for sure. I mean it more in the sense that a coach who never coached before took over and won 3 consecutive ucl’s w them. Lol. But people here complain that they dominate too easy w madrid in a video game. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

On 16/12/2023 at 13:27, Dadecane said:

save 1

Hate to break it to you mate, you're not very good at the game. FM is incredibly easy to overachieve in if you do the basics right.

10 hours ago, ScottishFM said:

Hate to break it to you mate, you're not very good at the game. FM is incredibly easy to overachieve in if you do the basics right.

LMAO. Ok friend. Fact is, I pick madrid and dont lose a single game. Ever. Ive tried it. But I suck, yeah sure. Lmao. Some people just love to dig their heel in the sand. If I picked madrid, I probably wouldnt lose a game all season. Thats not why I play FM. And your comment is incoherent; look at my earlier posts, I do overachieve. I finished second in 2nd div with a team picked to finish 10th, who is currently 12th IRL. So idk where u got the idea that I dont overachieve or that I “suck”. I overachieve EVERY YEAR on the game, I taKE UD Ibiza to la liga and to Europa League in EVERY VERSION of FM, that would never ever happen for Ibiza IRL. 

but NONE of this is easy. Its extremely rewarding to do it, but it takes micromanaging, attention to detail, tactical wisdom, etc. 

picling madrid and winning EVERY GAME is very ****in easy. 

Edited by Dadecane

33 minutes ago, thejay said:

80% or more goals are from direct or indirect set piece situations, incredible dull match engine,

Hi,

Can you post what league you play and the stats from the league? Because in Chile 2 and general in LLM, I find it hard to score from Direct or In Direct FK.

For example:

Corners are 27%

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.332811cca71edc170c9319a0270374c5.png

====

Direct is only 2 goals out of 48.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.ab5bb8fec2326974d080cb5510dd2d41.png

====

In Direct is 1 out of 48

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.6864405a5283245a5196ae8e03f0c3d5.png

====

I have checked EPL to compare it (loaded as playable and Full Detail).

Corners

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.a6e3e6a97c31e3eea1db6d73c7db4c2b.png

Direct

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.b34d3c21170c2360b14234ad6134b780.png

In Direct

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.fadde0b332a3c2e83b92f009924254c3.png

Edited by fc.cadoni