Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Can you continue playing the game due to too many goals. The answer is yes.

It isn't at all game breaking.

Game breaking is you can't play the game or continue the game. Too many goals is an annoyance.

Interactions are an annoyance.

None of the above things are game breaking.

What about subs been made 83rd minute or after unless injured.

I set up a save and holidayed it for a month to see how real this bug was.

Virtually every fixture in the championship ai managers made there subs late. This could make exploits in the game and to me  could also lead to high scoring  games as opposition will be tired. Hence why I'm waiting for fixes

Edited by wazza

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say I am loving the insane amount of goals. I play the game for fun not realism and always try to make a tactic that breaks the engine somewhat so seeing 6-3 and 7-1s all over the place makes me happy. Can see how it's a big annoyance for many though.

I'm of the mentality I'd rather lose 5-4 than have a 0-0 bore draw.

22 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I will say I am loving the insane amount of goals. I play the game for fun not realism and always try to make a tactic that breaks the engine somewhat so seeing 6-3 and 7-1s all over the place makes me happy. Can see how it's a big annoyance for many though.

Exactly.

This is why I always say - game is not broken, it is just unrealistic. But since SI promotes realism from beginning of CM/FM series this is for many of us old fan base "game breaking".

Let's say if I want to play as Juve/Allegri. That is pretty much impossible in this version of game/ME. There is almost only one style of football you can play on this FM. And that is what kills realism and fun out of playing FM. ( old FM players opinion.)

Edited by FranckG

3 minutes ago, FranckG said:

Exactly.

This is why I always say - game is not broken, it is just unrealistic. But since SI promotes realism from beginning of CM/FM series this is for many of us old fan base "game breaking".

Let's say if I want to play as Juve/Allegri. That is pretty much impossible in this version of game/ME. There is almost only one style of football you can play on this FM. And that is what kills realism and fun out of playing FM. ( old FM players opinion.)

Probably next year they will change the title from a ‘Football Simulation’ game to ‘Football Arcade’ game 

8 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Yeah. This year I'm more worried about AI using substitutions, tactics and transfers. At the moment I just can't play the game thinking AI messes around its team..

Same-Mega long time lurker,playing since Champ man 3...always resolved/slightly improved my issues by reading forums,never wqnted my first post to be negative but its a kick in the b***s this new game...paying for a game but waiting on Daveincids realism release-aka the game as it should be straight out of the box......Cant belive i fell(again) for this and bought off the bat instead of waiting till december when bugs are less.Thought the fact it was released under"early access" rather than "Beta" meant this ones goinna be ready stright ot the box with minimal/fixable quickly bugs....hopefully a patch is released soon for AI realism in particular

So talks before and halftime with your team don't have any affect on your players whatsoever? That's very very bad. Also, why is a game that's being played simultaneously with mine, sees a goal in minute 73 and 81 and fails to tell me during the game, it still said 0-0 when i reached full time, and then in the end results they won 2-0. Great for your live experience, NOT. 

4 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Yeah I’ve turned this into a fun thing in my save. Im Bari and to put a fun spin on things, we take these well-known young players who aren’t getting game time on loan in hope when they return, they get game time.

This year, we just got Rasmus Hojlund because he only started 1 game in Uniteds 50+ matches. They played Bruno Fernandes as ST. Some would say it’s unrealistic to loan Hojlund but hey, somebody has to revive his career haha

The international stuff, it’s difficult because I’d prefer AI managers select players based on form. Of course taking the league the player is in into consideration too. But one of my annoyances before was AI selecting players based on CA even when they’re not playing (Harry Maguire 😂).

I do have sympathy for SI when people complain about X player being misused by the AI, it's definitely a challenge for them to solve but real life does contain countless examples of weird behaviour. I remember Portsmouth buying David Nugent then trying to sell him in the same transfer window.

I have seen alot of goals in my games too (now that i have played more games). My first game a 9-0 v Betis, 37 minute i was alrdy 7-0 up (posted it on bug tracker area alrdy).

And some can say its fun, but its still a simulation game where it should try to simulate the real life scores (ofc. cant expext exactly the same flow but atleast close to it). What happens is that high scores are there IRL, but not in a consistent way. Its like every game i get a high score game. Before it was more exciting and stressing like IRL about the scores and at times u get a that high score.

But what i also see what could make the ME get those lots of goals, is either (if i may guess hehe)...1 finishing is just too good or 2 the GK isnt that great. Im not sure but thats what ive noticed from my view. Sometimes the ball goes close to the GK and he cant save it. And also the finishing from the sides in the box is OP imo. 

31 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

I do have sympathy for SI when people complain about X player being misused by the AI, it's definitely a challenge for them to solve but real life does contain countless examples of weird behaviour. I remember Portsmouth buying David Nugent then trying to sell him in the same transfer window.

Barnsley done it this Summer. 

Signed Andrew Dallas at the end of July then loaned him out a month later so they could sign a different striker (Sam Cosgrove).

48 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

It is a difficult task. In my case, winning the league with Bari was a great achievement but when you do look at games when we played Milan, they played Thiaw and Leao who were fatigued and needed a rest.

they played the pair in the game before me and after me. And not only them, they started with a player with an light injury and their team all round had shocking condition as a team. They played a low ranked side in Europe and refused to rotate which kills them.

all of this made it simpler beat Milan (and many other teams). Then we you look at their squad, they have good prospects not getting any game time. Or even their new signings. They bought Immobile who started 0 but 20 odd sub appearances. And this goes for Inter, Napoli, Juve etc.

it is difficult but I think by now, the balance could be a lot better. And I also have a lot of sympathy too. Also very appreciative of the opportunities they and the game have given me - I understand the difficulty of the job. ‘Fixes’ aren’t just a flick of a switch. It’s difficult for everyone haha 

Edited by RDF Tactics

34 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Can someone from SI nip this in the bud once and for all.

in regards to people saying the game feels to easy at present, does this have to with 

1) Subs not being used correctly (85th min etc)

2) AI not managing squads as it should

3) Are these league specific, reputational or something else

There is a lot of of debates going on and I think someone from SI need to end it now as it’s getting frustrating with all these theories of what is going on.

edit: if it does get clarified, can you pin it in the main forum for all to see 

I think most people would be happy with just a ETA patch release on this-I know i would...Is it going to be weeks/months?The ammount of people holding off on new longterm  saves is insane including myself-Isnt this what we bought the game and love the game for?...ive never seen this happen before....

RE goals:

image.png.74d6e094e2d55bc04bb466528cc9733a.png

Chelsea match is an outlier because I played a weakened side and tried to attack them :D

Tactics:

image.png.cf989b671fdfd49cdd7cf0c370f1f40f.png

image.thumb.png.3a7164bde9dd3b774be48911bb938283.png

Observations:

- xG stats. Vasco Sousa at 2.0 is an outlier as I mostly play him against weak sides and he has a freakish PA.

- Ferguson's conversion rate may seem high but I often use hm as a poacher and he only has 1.5 shots a game.

- Around 15 assists come from my wing-backs. It often feels this way when you play a short passing lower tempo style even if you ask them to play through the middle. I don't think that's super un-reasonable although I do think creative play in zone 14 (the 10s) is harder to achieve than it should be.

- Wingbacks with high dribbles per/90 are getting the assists. 

Overall in a 4-3-3 that tries to mimic Barca 2010 I find it reasonably hard to score and very difficult to get good ratings from my strikers. The only consistent good rating and goal-scorer I've had was a target man on support duty.

Edited by whatsupdoc

9 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Same deal on the attacking side of things.

How do I prioritise if I want a player to be a "creator" and appear there, before they appear in another category? 

I can't remove them from other categories. I can put them last in the category I don't want them to show up in, and first in the category I do want them to show up in, but it doesn't work. 

I absolutely DO NOT want Lamptey to be the edge of the box player. I want him on the half way line and someone who can shoot in that position...

image.thumb.png.145609f6b306f839e1fe7c704252b0be.png

If you want this system to be intellgible you need to at least be able to remove someone from a category. Especially if dropping them to last in it doesn't seem to work.

I 100% agree with you. I actually mentioned this in a review I did on YouTube.

You might find Lamptey is better as a recovery defender, so try prioritising that above creators.     

1 minute ago, The About Average Jake said:

I 100% agree with you. I actually mentioned this in a review I did on YouTube.

You might find Lamptey is better as a recovery defender, so try prioritising that above creators.     

I would LOVE to have him as a recovery defender, I just can't work out how to prioritise that over other categories. It's like Jenga.

The guy has 2 for jumping!

Edited by whatsupdoc

13 minutes ago, The About Average Jake said:

Open up one of the menu's and you should be able to drag recovery defenders above creators.

Football Manager Screenshot 2023.11.18 - 14.45.46.46.png

Yeah I've been through all that. Trying to make sure player X is above player Y across 3 levels when there are constantly changing lineups is borderline impossible. I could set him as my top recovery defender but then drop the player who I have sitting on the edge of the box, and it might automatically shuffle him to be that player if he has the best stats. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

2 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

Me too, I actually really like how the player are finishing right now it in right amount of conversion rate I would love to. My tactics allow the players to be in position to be in 1v1 and 1 out of 4 times they manage to bang in goal. This is not to even mention the fact that PLAYER CUT INSIDE AND CAN ACTUALLY SCORE  now. 

I think the problem is that how the AI is defending and they sometimes lagging in defense and just let the forwards to by pass them really easily. They sometimes are running along side the attacking player but they did not make the attacking player job difficult they just jog along side them without contest in physical battle (tried shoulder bash, using hand to get in the way of attacker,....) they might already did in the match engine and it still result in goal? I really don't know .

But then my tactic exploit their weak side and I won so what's wrong with that? MY DECISION ACTUALLY MATTER. I just think the defense should be focus more and be able to get in a way of attacker more when they are marking then we can actually strike a nice balance for 1-0 folk and the 3-2 folk.

I think SI can look into fix the below things:

• Defensive position and how defensive player challenge or at least make the opposition striker lower than chance when contested for shot
  • Fix Set Pieces Position

=> AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DON'T LOWER THE 1V1 CONVERSION  :( last time on FM20 and FM21 it was so bad that it was literally the worst version I have ever played. It literally took half a year of community convincing to be able to have some what of decent 1v1 conversion.

3 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

people say Argentina league is broken. J-League too. To me, it’s still playable. To them, it’s gamebreaking.

Serbian league has huge issue as well. Per our league rules, EU nationals aren't foreigners in the league yet in the game they are which makes playing with two top sides in the country basically impossible since most of their squads are foreign players.

Our community had to issue a fix through Workshop and it was done in two days yet this issue lingers in the official game all the way back in the early access. It was reported, acknowledged long time ago and still isn't fixed, officially.

2 hours ago, krkyseventwo said:

Daveincids should be the one advertising his version of the game as the ‘most complete yet’, not SI lol. I always find it mind boggling that one man dedicating his spare time can achieve this whilst a fully paid professional team struggle (in certain areas, they do a very good job in others). His AI work is outstanding for an ‘amateur’ and I’ve gladly given him a good sum of money in the past through subscriptions.

There are people posting in here as though the ones complaining are ungrateful and I’ve been close to biting. That’s not the mods btw, I appreciate they are trying to keep things civil and fair. My point is if you deliver the goods as expected then appreciation is shown. 

Tnx God for Daveincids. One man show. SI games have probably 300 employees.  Except it is not true that SI dont know how to do what he is doin. They dont want to do that, because for 70-80% of players whould scream that game is 2 hard. 

Like I said many times before, they should just put additional options for gamers that find game 2 easy and unrealistic. Everyone would be happy. 

Edited by Matej

16 minutes ago, Matej said:

Tnx God for Daveincids. One man show. SI games have probably 300 employees.  Except it is not true that SI dont know how to do what he is doin. They dont want to do that, because for 70-80% of players whould scream that game is 2 hard. 

Like I said many times before, they should just put additional options for gamers that find game 2 easy and unrealistic. Everyone would be happy. 

U could incorporate things like “board strictness” that would make it more hard or challenging. Imagine taking a new job, and they tell u that for year 1, the board will limit your incoming transfers to only 3, or 1 for every player sold. (Ie: sell 2 players, u can sign 5). Or even saying u can only sign as many players as u sell. As you meet season objectives we will then give u more liberty to make unlimited signings (under our budget). Idk just throwin out random ideas, but SI could create certain “roadblocks” or sctrictness for users who want a more challenging version. 

someone mentioned how u could go and sign 6, 7, 8 players if u want as long as u have the money. Fire half the staff and replaces them with 5* staff etc and its true thats not realistic, and makes the game easier. It would be cool to take my first job, and be met with a board or chairperson that has to approve my signings, or sign off on them, before I eventually get “full freedom”

Edited by Dadecane

Hi all,

My first post here. (Very) long time player. I have a couple of items of feedback and a question.

Feedback 1) yes I'm of an older generation and I'm wary of coming across as a 'gammon'. I understand (to an extent) the desire to be (seen to be) inclusive, but I also think that with these things there is a line that people should be wary of crossing where you try so hard to placate a tiny minority that you ruin things for the vast majority. An example is this press conference exchange taken word for word from the game. Journalist says, "That was Ivan Sunjic's 150th league appearance for Birmingham City. Just how important a player has he been for this club?" In one of the replies the manager refers to Ivan as 'him'. But in another reply which is the best choice for morale-building purposes it's all non-binary and says, "Ivan ought to be proud of what they've achieved and I personally hope there's still more to come from them".  This is totally unrealistic and no manager IRL would word things like that. Why are these they/them statements in there when other choices refer to the player as him? They take away the realism and the sentence sounds mangled and odd.

Feedback 2) I signed a player who plays for the Tunisia international team and he was called up for the African Nations Cup. I had a rotation system that was working to a degree (despite players being confused by my team selections on a regular basis because they don't seem to understand what squad rotation is.) After a couple of weeks of the player being away for the cup, my vice captain throws a hissy-fit because 'the squad depth is not strong enough' in the centre back position, which is where the missing player usually plays. 90% of the team (apart from the centre backs) show support for the player and 'the way I have treated him' (huh?) and team morale plummets so I am forced to buy a player to reinforce in that area. Now the player is back from international duty the squad are not happy that they get less playing time because I now have an extra player that I didn't need but have to add to the rotation. This is not good IMO.

Question 1) I'd been playing FM2023 just before 2024 came out. I had read that some of the improvements were to the realism of the pitches, weather conditions and player movement/animations. I really like the new player movements/animations, but the first game I played I assumed it must be foggy weather because the players seemed a bit faded and in particular the fans looked like they were being viewed through a mild fog. But then as I played more games I realised that this wasn't fog, it seems to be the way the new ME looks. I have a PC with more than adequate spec and I have tried tinkering with the graphical settings, but I still find that compared to 2023 it's as if every matchday is a foggy day, My question - is this the same for everyone else/ Am I missing something?

I read through a few pages before posting to see if I could find anyone else discussing these, but didn't find anyone. Any advice appreciated, thanks! Edit - just found the search function and saw that some of these have been mentioned before - oops!

Edited by BrilliantineStickInsect
clarity, added edit

4 hours ago, FranckG said:

Exactly.

It's not I'm playing a 532 with a target forward and a low block with juve. Currently 2nd with 8 games to go.

Lots of 1 0 wins in there too. Its how u set your team up. Unfortunately most players go with a high press and attack for the full 90 and that's the most realism killer there is.

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Yeah I've been through all that. Trying to make sure player X is above player Y across 3 levels when there are constantly changing lineups is borderline impossible. I could set him as my top recovery defender but then drop the player who I have sitting on the edge of the box, and it might automatically shuffle him to be that player if he has the best stats. 

Yeah i agree it's an awful system.

I talk about it in a review of the game. If you scroll up a bit you'll probably see the post. 

I'd be interested to see if you agree with my assessment of this year's set piece overhaul 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb harrycarrie:

In real Football a team like the german Werder Bremen in their heyday would be a prime example of that mentality - why do a 1:0 when you can win 4:2 instead?

But that is from along time ago when the likes of Mezut Özil and Miro Klose played there...

And than there is this misconception that you did something right when you deny your oposition to score a goal...

But that is a misconception - the real goal is to win a game and for that you must score more goals than your oposition and that means you max the amount of goals you score per goal the oponent scores - then you have the maximum scuccess possbile with the players at hand!

That include 1:0 wins but does not shun a 5:3 as a bad game when it is a win with a 2 goal difference which is better than a win with a 1 goal difference!

1 hour ago, BrilliantineStickInsect said:

Question 1) I'd been playing FM2023 just before 2024 came out. I had read that some of the improvements were to the realism of the pitches, weather conditions and player movement/animations. I really like the new player movements/animations, but the first game I played I assumed it must be foggy weather because the players seemed a bit faded and in particular the fans looked like they were being viewed through a mild fog. But then as I played more games I realised that this wasn't fog, it seems to be the way the new ME looks. I have a PC with more than adequate spec and I have tried tinkering with the graphical settings, but I still find that compared to 2023 it's as if every matchday is a foggy day, My question - is this the same for everyone else/ Am I missing something?

The lighting changes have been mentioned a few times in this and the beta (sorry, early access) thread and it's been changed from FM23, but is still bad, probably due to the underlying engine we've had since FM18 when the match visualiser went backwards in graphical quality. 

The 'fog' seems to be a filter that's applied to most matches (I think I've seen some sunny day matches without it) . In my West Ham beta save it was applied to pretty much every match along with the faded, barely visible, shadows, as every match was in overcast weather.  Since I've started my Japan save I've had a bit more variety. but the fundamental problems of this graphics engine are pretty much impossible to overcome.  The new remix has the fog effect, some variation in shadows - most games seemingly with faded shadows that go some way to hiding the fact that there still isn't any proper sun tracking or variation in stadium orientation. The only real change in shadows is that they seem to have flipped the lighting rig/camera direction so the shadows now come from the right and front instead of left and back.  Night-time is still day with 'cross' shadows representing floodlights (that don't match the actual placement of the lights in many of the stadiums).

Basically, there's no way for them to make a silk purse out of this particular sow's ear and most people have given up commenting on it hoping that FM25 and the Unity engine will give us a major step up in lighting quality when that arrives.

It's really a shame because the player models and animations are really good and deserve a better environment.

Edited by rp1966

14 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

The lighting changes have been mentioned a few times in this and the beta (sorry, early access) thread and it's been changed from FM23, but is still bad, probably due to the underlying engine we've had since FM18 when the match visualiser went backwards in graphical quality. 

The 'fog' seems to be a filter that's applied to most matches (I think I've seen some sunny day matches without it) . In my West Ham beta save it was applied to pretty much every match as every match was in overcast weather.  Since I've started my Japan save I've had a bit more variety. but the fundamental problems of this graphics engine are pretty much impossible to overcome.  The new remix has the fog effect, some variation in shadows - most games seemingly with faded shadows that go some way to hiding the fact that there still isn't any proper sun tracking or variation in stadium orientation. The only real change in shadows is that they seem to have flipped the lighting rig/camera direction so the shadows now come from the right and front instead of left and back.  Night-time is still day with 'cross' shadows representing floodlights (that don't match the actual placement of the lights in many of the stadiums).

Basically, there's no way for them to make a silk purse out of this particular sow's ear and most people have given up commenting on it hoping that FM25 and the Unity engine will give us a major step up in lighting quality when that arrives.

It's really a shame because the player models and animations are really good and deserve a better environment.

Thanks for the helpful reply 👍

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

For all the talk about hitting the woodwork too much to be realistic...

Anyone who has pkm files and/or screenshots related to this problem, please upload them here! The SI developers cannot replicate or see the correct total number of woodworks because it is completely wrong from its base.

In my 4 examples within this bug report there are times when my team or opponents hit the woodwork and it didn't show up in the Match Stats. So maybe if they fix this first, then the match team will see the increased number of woodworks.

EDIT:  Just go into any save of yours and play 2-5 matches on key/extended/comprehensive or even in full match (better this one) but before, enable woodwork stat on your match stats and you will notice it too!

Edited by dzek

The lighting is really strange in this FM, when the game starts before the referee's whistle the light is very bright (the rain starts right after that, it can be ridiculous and an old mistake), and I also notice that the climate is not adjusted. There are times that seem later than what is shown and the snow simply doesn't exist, as does the excessive light.

I really can't see so many goals in my save that I started in the beta, I'm creating a new game to test with the full game. I ask you, please, please adjust this interaction, the game cannot be ruined because of this and we have to demand it here on the forum, we pay and we want the best game, I love this game, the only one I play, my favorite game!

12 minutes ago, IanM110 said:

As I've said before , I've played this since the start with Domark.

I'm getting old but I've never seen a game going this quickly into reverse ever. Miles's image of the game is his...it's not mine tbh.

Since his take over the game has gone backwards at a rate of knots, where has the fun gone? Every year promised features, which we had years ago and are worse/broken. SI gone back into silent mode, yet again!! I'm glad I refunded for the first time tbh

And before it's deleted this is REAL feedback

Same here, a long time player here too. Unfortunately it looks like FM has grown too big and complicated for the old time frame to get things fixed or ready. I think this because I really want to believe SI professionalism! That doesn't take away the disappointment but gives hope.

Take over club who've lost 5 games in a row.

Lose first 2 games over the course of a week, one narrowly, to clubs considered favourites against you.

Players demand a meeting as theyre unhappy with your management.

Would guess theres a bug where previous managers results count against you when taking over a struggling side.

6 hours ago, Dadecane said:

U could incorporate things like “board strictness” that would make it more hard or challenging. Imagine taking a new job, and they tell u that for year 1, the board will limit your incoming transfers to only 3, or 1 for every player sold. (Ie: sell 2 players, u can sign 5). Or even saying u can only sign as many players as u sell. As you meet season objectives we will then give u more liberty to make unlimited signings (under our budget). Idk just throwin out random ideas, but SI could create certain “roadblocks” or sctrictness for users who want a more challenging version. 

someone mentioned how u could go and sign 6, 7, 8 players if u want as long as u have the money. Fire half the staff and replaces them with 5* staff etc and its true thats not realistic, and makes the game easier. It would be cool to take my first job, and be met with a board or chairperson that has to approve my signings, or sign off on them, before I eventually get “full freedom”

Great example. we could make at least 5 more stuff like this and to be extra options at the start of the game.