Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, s1111 said:

You are underestimating the number of good players who are 26-31 who moved to Saudi this summer. It's not just a retirement league. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12920431/summer-transfer-window-2023-who-has-signed-for-saudia-arabia-clubs-roberto-firmino-ruben-neves-karim-benzema-and-more

Sure some decent players went, but it's pretty obvious that the Saudi's couldn't just buy any player they wanted, because otherwise the transfers they are making in FM would've already happened this summer and a lot of clubs would've happily offloaded even more deadwood. In my save Bayern has become the Saudi's favorite store and I just can't imagine that happening. Yes, Mané went this summer, after massively falling out with the club and nobody else willing to pay his wages. But the likes of Kimmich, Goretzka, Coman or Kim all happily moving, while still being some of the best players in Europe, playing for one of the best clubs in Europe and having a salary to match that? Seems rather unlikely. At the same time the AI should also try harder to hold onto these players, especially someone like Kimmich is not someone you can straight up replace regardless of how much money you got.

10 hours ago, podunkboy said:

I gave this every opportunity, but had to give up one save because EVERY player was complaining about playing time, even those who were starting games with limited fitness. Started another save, trying to hire staff that supposedly were interested in the position refusing to then listen to a job offer because the team isn't up to their lofty standards (even though they're unemployed). Posted an ad for the job, every staff member who applied for the job refused to then discuss the position. Eff it, I'm going to go play a game that's not broken sold by a developer who after 25 years consistently is releasing buggy crap. 

Yep, me too. You need a big squad and rotation to deal with injuries, but if you rotate unhappiness is inevitable and spreads like wildfire destroying team morale. Unplayable long term

4 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Every year I say, "next year I won't buy it"

That's me each year, and each year I buy it. However I feel so cheated this time round. I was so excited about the ability to continue fm23 save in this version. But looking through the bug reports I couldn't guarantee that I won't come across crash problems. I don't want to waste my time for a few months to see my save drop due to bugs. 

I always say to myself that I'll buy the game in March after the final patch release. I never do, but I hope I learn my lesson. Fm25, whilst being much anticipated, will no doubt be 3 years away from being where it promises to be. I hope I'm wrong but we've seen it all before. 

Even the pre game editor has taken a backward step, but then it usually is an after thought. Just all very annoying. I currently have no desire to load up the game in it's current state. Frankly, it will be a waste of time. Instead all I find myself doing is preparing the game for when it is ready to play, through preparing edits and basic skinning. 

Oh, and I really must promise myself not to look at the GD forum before and after new releases. That way I won't get sucked into the hype, and afterwards read about all the problems. Some of these issues  I wouldn't have noticed, but now I know about them I can't see anything but those issues!

I am noticing far fewer through balls in the final third since the update, even with no ME changes. My strikers have started playing like they did in previous years, they just stand still. In the beta I saw a lot more movement and first time passing/through balls. Now it seems the players hold on for it for too long, and the strikers just stand still. Like central play was nerfed, even though no ME update.

4 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I am noticing far fewer through balls in the final third since the update, even with no ME changes. My strikers have started playing like they did in previous years, they just stand still. In the beta I saw a lot more movement and first time passing/through balls. Now it seems the players hold on for it for too long, and the strikers just stand still. Like central play was nerfed, even though no ME update.

It's always the same. It plays like it did a few years back. Through balls are out and most goals coming from cut-backs. They just tweak it backward and forwards without really changing much. It's all they can do for fear of breaking it.

25 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Yep, me too. You need a big squad and rotation to deal with injuries, but if you rotate unhappiness is inevitable and spreads like wildfire destroying team morale. Unplayable long term

Is this happening with players listed as regular starters? Stars and important players need to literally play in every game. Managing playing time isn’t just about usage but also their designated role. You can also change this at anytime and most times they will accept.

while there is a legitimate bug with squad depth complaints, i think a good percentage of player interaction compliant is missunderstanding and lumped in with the squad depth bug. 

if you have a team personality of professional and your team falls apart because of small things then it’s probably a bug.

9 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

It's always the same. It plays like it did a few years back. Through balls are out and most goals coming from cut-backs. They just tweak it backward and forwards without really changing much. It's all they can do for fear of breaking it.

Lots more longshots as well as a result. I was really enjoying the movement and passing in the final third during early access, this does seem like a step backwards. But apparently it's still the same ME, which doesn't feel right.

1 hour ago, frank_olaf said:

Just won the FA Cup and I've been stuck on this page for over a minute. Any way to progress (I've tried clicking, pressing enter, pressing the back and forward arrow etc)? 
image.thumb.png.0e3423cb3272f0a1ac54520474e22001.png

Bad news - when I get it I have to close the game and holiday thorough the re-match  :-(

20 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Is this happening with players listed as regular starters? Stars and important players need to literally play in every game. Managing playing time isn’t just about usage but also their designated role. You can also change this at anytime and most times they will accept.

while there is a legitimate bug with squad depth complaints, i think a good percentage of player interaction compliant is missunderstanding and lumped in with the squad depth bug. 

if you have a team personality of professional and your team falls apart because of small things then it’s probably a bug.

No it happens with squad players too. 

But in every team you need some players who are important, regulars, key etc to satisfy the dynamics requirements...

In this build you can't balance that with injuries and having a decent sized squad.

17 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

What I don't get about these complaints is - You know the state of gaming in general. You know that developers/publishers will release games with tons of bugs or unfinished games. You know in the case of this game, it will always be released with tons of bugs, with minimum improvements, and you still pre-order the game. Wait, wait until is fully patched, and then buy it or skip the year if you see it's not good. That will hopefully teach them to put more work into their game.

Here on the forum, you create such hype before the release, "will it be released tomorrow?!"  "I hope this week!"  "I hope it will be until 6:15!" "I hope it will be this weekend!", 3 months before it is even released there is always a topic "guys who are you going to manage in FM 202X???" . You are counting the minutes until the game is released and then you get disappointed.

When will you learn, you are the reason they are comfortable with releasing unfinished games because you can't wait and you rush to give them money. 

It is not rushing to give them money, its buying a game knowing it is in Early Access in order to help get it ready for release. The community does their bit in finding the bugs, reporting them with all the relevant info. It is not the fault of the community that SI ignore these and go ahead with release. Yes they are complacent due to the fact we will all buy it anyway, and having no competitor, but blaming the community for their failings is ridiculous.

During the Beta, I read a lot of posts praising the processing speed, making saves go quicker. Even 10-20% faster would be nice. 

Has anyone had positive thoughts on save speed in full game? Wondering how bold I should be dropping performance speed down to 3* versus 3.5*-4*.

Edited by DMVian

34 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

No it happens with squad players too. 

But in every team you need some players who are important, regulars, key etc to satisfy the dynamics requirements...

In this build you can't balance that with injuries and having a decent sized squad.

I’m saying that because i haven’t had any of these issues with a balanced squad. You should have way more squad and regular starters than key & important players. And you probably shouldn’t have a player listed as a regular starter if he’s not a regular starter, for example, players outside the starting 11 shouldn’t have this label. Are you saying that squad players are complaining about missing some appearances?

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

5 hours ago, Slates84 said:

Having played FM for years and knowing how the games pan out, FM25 with its new engine you just can guarantee will be an absolute s**t show on release. 

Pretty sure FM24 will be the last FM as we know it and next year will be like what eFootball is to PES.

3 小时前, DarJ说:

There is nothing that annoys me more than pressing in this game.

badpressing.thumb.jpg.1203731f46422112d16ea056c595758c.jpg

In this screenshot I'm playing a 433 against a back 5 and my team is supposed to press high yet the priority of my W is to stay on the WB rather than applying pressure on the WCB. Now one could say that the W are closing the passing lane to the WB which is true but since I've asked them to press high they could stand on the half way line and still close the passing lane that way my FBs can stand on the WB. This is the reason bad teams keep the ball because there is no god pressure on the back players so they can just pass it around until they get tired

Few seconds later the ball gets to the WCB and yet the W doesn't apply pressure, his main priority is still to stay on the WB. 

To give the game some credit, the W still wins the ball only because the WCB passes back to the CB and now he (the WCB) is facing towards his own goal (this is a pressing trigger) so as the ball is coming back to him the W jumps in and wins the ball. I think if pressing was done properly the W would have forced the mistake earlier which would lead to less possession for the AI team

Yes. Have to use man marking to enforce the pressing but it has the limitations too.

1 minute ago, [SFW]Medic Tim said:

Yes. Have to use man marking to enforce the pressing but it has the limitations too.

I don't like man marking because they follow the player all over the pitch regardless of the situation. I've not tried it yet in FM24 to see if it has changed 

5 hours ago, iAlwaysWin said:

I do agree with this but the Ai is much more agressive in the transfer market, especially challenging me to my top targets, ive actually missed out on quite a few because the Ai was bidding right along with me and not giving up, so the Ai has been improved in some aspects but no where near the levels we where all expecting.

Yep, The AI has defo been improved in some areas. Some of the AI stuff though is clearly bugged and not working as it should though. With future patches we should easily have the best AI in FM should they fix the issues with the AI.

First game back since full release.

Edit: Who's the user asking for pkms of matches like this? Do they have a particular thread they'd like me to post the pakmans in? Happy to help like but assume more organisation would be better and fairer for the boys and girls working on the game

Screenshot 2023-11-12 173604.png

Edited by gavinski33
Asking a question

Im not sure if this has been talked about a lot, but how the hell have they managed to screw up the staff transfers page. I just don't simply understand what they could have been changing that would lead to that screen not working, and nobody even checking it. 

Just mind blowing, and thats not even getting onto all of the other massive problems with the game.

2 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

It's worrying really exactly how overpowered playing any form of formation with a high line and a high press is (never mind the preset gegenpress), even if you don't have the players for it. There doesn't seem to be many other ways to play currently.

I know gegenpressing has always been OP, but never in my mind to this degree.

Trying to play defensive football, or soak/counter attacking football is absolute suicide on this edition.

Having had more time to play with the game, although the ME has improved and now able to create more tactics which is great, the actual balance in this game has actually significantly declined compared to FM23, with more exploit tactics available, and yes there are too many goals being scored at this moment, and due to various reasons (set pieces / too many pens etc).

Got the potential to be a really nice game at the end of it all, but it really does need some careful attention paid to fixing these problems with an emphasis on a better gameplay balance, which may result in a greater difficulty level required when coming to in-game management, which I'm very much in support of, and this needs to be implemented if SI want to create a more "realistic" game.

Yeah screw board visions as always. :D

Hey, you managed a surprise promotion with a team that should consider itself lucky to even win a single game next season? Well, we now want you to play Attacking, Entertaining and Counter Attacking football! Yeah, we want you to attempt to avoid relegation, but don't you dare try to play defensive football to scrounge points together! And of course I can't remove them, because why would you care about the coach that managed to get your team promoted.

image.png.b1f911c185ac2c461df315fda8981646.png

I've had issues where I've gone on holiday for a league Cup game and my squad are predictably upset, on this occasion its because of my assistant's team talk. Checking the feedback it was all 'pointed finger, delighted' does that make any sense as a team talk? We lost 2-0 and deserved to

Edited by Iakovenko

1 minute ago, SynergyIso7 said:

I know people have complained about high scoring games and realism but you only have to look at the Premiership the last few weeks especially today. 

That's fair, but if I were to do the same 10 team betting coupon on over 2.5 goals in game vs real life I'm pretty certain my wife wouldn't grumble so much :lol:

19 minutes ago, SynergyIso7 said:

I know people have complained about high scoring games and realism but you only have to look at the Premiership the last few weeks especially today. 

I think this has already been touched upon several times. Yes, you can use sample sizes of the last few weeks or even the whole of this season. Use the last few however? Quite significantly out.

We're not saying there's anything wrong with high scoring games, or freak score lines. But not for each week of the season for a huge chunk of the matches being played. That difference over 38/46 games is huge.

I've had a lot of hours in on this edition so far (more to test more than anything as due to the amount of goals I can't start a save). I don't think I've seen a game for my team end in a 0-0 and I can count on one hand the amount of 1-0's with 2 different teams over 3 seasons. You browse through teams in leagues being played in full detail and look at how many 0-0's or 1-0's or even 1-1's they have. They've turned into the freak results, not the 5-3's and weekly 4-1's.

Edited by Domoboy23

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I think this has already been touched upon several times. Yes, you can use sample sizes of the last few weeks or even the whole of this season. Use the last few however? Quite significantly out.

We're not saying there's anything wrong with high scoring games, or freak score lines. But not for each week of the season for a huge chunk of the matches being played. That difference over 38/46 games is huge.

I've had a lot of hours in on this edition so far. I don't think I've seen a game for my team end in a 0-0 and I can count on one hand the amount of 1-0's with 2 different teams over 3 seasons. You browse through teams in leagues being played in full detail and look at how many 0-0's or 1-0's or even 1-1's they have. They've turned into the freak results, not the 5-3's and weekly 4-1's.

I think a lot of the "nowt wrong here" is because everyone loves goals and winning, and every credit to them, but I do think it's out of hand in this version. Certainly in my save it is which is the only one I can speak for.

Hugo Lloris was homesick and wanted to go back to France, and I was happy to oblige. Now, captain Heung-min Son and several highly influential players
are unhappy that I allowed him to go and wanted a conversation with me. However, in the conversation there are no dialogue options that says that
the player was being homesick. This definitely should be in there.

1 minute ago, gavinski33 said:

I think a lot of the "nowt wrong here" is because everyone loves goals and winning, and every credit to them, but I do think it's out of hand in this version. Certainly in my save it is which is the only one I can speak for.

That's exactly why critical things are wrong at the moment. It's a complete arcade game at this point.

Coming from FM22, I think the game on a whole is a significant improvement. The Match Engine is much better. I can manage positional play and see fluid tactics in action much more easily. I enjoy a lot of the new additions like the squad planner, supporter vision etc (albeit I know these were also in FM23). However, I've scrapped the long-term save I started because there's two noticeable bugs that is affecting the game:

1) Too many goals. Funnily enough, in my own league (the SPFL) this wasn't manifesting so much as ridiculously high-scoring games as it was a lack of clean sheets. Even Rangers and Celtic were conceding a goal a game, even though their XG against were overall low, which suggests other teams were finishing low-XG chances too consistently. I was also seeing a lot of high-scoring games in the Champions League qualifiers, including two 3-3s on the same night. In the past, FM's could sometimes be too unrealistic the other way - ie too many clean sheets or low-scoring games - but the balance clearly isn't right. However, I think this might also be linked to the 2nd bug...

2) Inconsistent use of subs. It's not that the AI never makes subs. Sometimes they do - Kilmarnock made 4 against me. But too many times they don't make subs at all, or they only make subs in the last 5 minutes or when someone gets injured. In the Community Shield game, City won 4-3 and Pep made one change, in the 96th minute.

Edited by tm91