Winter Patch Speculation Thread

@Fëanáro Míriel

That is unfair, there are plenty of gaming companies who choose not to communicate with their customer base. Some of the reasons have been clearly demonstrated within this topic.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

Edited by Cobblers

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, CFuller said:

You'll be back next year.

People keep saying "I'm never buying this game ever again ever", but they inevitably give in and buy the new game when comes out... and by Feb/March, they're complaining about the same issues they had over and over again. Which kinda defeats the point of what they're trying to achieve. :rolleyes:

The larger issue is that the majority of people are enjoying the game. Going onto the FM subreddit/Twitter and none of the complaints on here have bled through to these forums in any significant way. FM23 sits at an 86% on steam, lower than 22 at 92% with fewer votes, but even with a version that is light on features compared to previous versions sales have remained consistent.

The majority of people just play the game and are indifferent to the issues that are raised on this forum, SI have no incentive or evidence that they need to change how they develop the game while that remains the case.

44 minutes ago, Maviarab said:

This.  I think a lot of people are missing the fact that a quarter of a year into the games life-cycle, it is still not fully playable (though that may be subjective depending on person and play style).  That is just completely and utterly unacceptable.  If the game had a 2 year life-cycle then fair enough, but it doesn't, and this happens every...single...year....

I'm sure you must get paid by SI for some of the drivel you come out with on here.  I've personally not bought the game since FM'18 before this years version....and won't be again any time soon until they finally sort out all the crap that needs sorting out.  People are capable of standing by what they say you know and now more than ever people do vote with their wallet for they perceive as a sub par product for something they don't need, especially in these current trying financial times.  More companies would de well to heed that.

His posts have been mocked on Reddit before. I assume that he's just a troll 

Some on here are too invested in the game (as was I at some point before I realised it's going to be constantly tweaked until March anyway so might as well wait).

You should realise that this is what the game is, there's enough evidence to show you what is their methodology and approach to updates and what they consider a playable game. Make your purchase decision based on that. Can you tolerate it or live with those flaws? If not, you are most likely wasting your time and energy trying to change how a company operates and approaches it's release/updates.

And some others are strangely too invested in controlling how/what people say on here and being  a bit hostile to people's feedback if they deem it too negative.

That's the mods job to moderate the conversation if it gets too out of hand, if you are not a mod, let people have their say and carry on.

1 minute ago, lukavski said:

The last three versions were updated before March 1st.

It must be today...

Yesterday I kept saying to myself the same, and nothing :D

I bet tomorrow now.

hace 1 hora, CFuller dijo:

It's ironic that you say "the company must work with us, not against us" when it's users like YOU who are trying to create an "us vs them" mentality.

Since there hundreds of bugs marked by the community for years and never fixed this is a clear synthon that they aren't with us, about the communication just check this post, the comments with more likes .

We can also speak about the way miles answer in twitter, even if he is right sometimes , there is not a way to behave like this 

hace 16 minutos, themedicalcar dijo:

The only crisis management required is for you who despite the fact you endlessly complain like some 12 year old on metacritic reviewing Fortnite, you still waste money on stuff you know you won't like and endlessly compain about until the sun dies

Also about the 'se' tweets I actually did the Papa Johns Challenge and actually found more enjoyment out of FM23 than I did, the communication is not that great sure but they still listen to the community if they didn't there wouldn't be a SI forums in the first place and they do deal with issues that the game has.

I hope for your sake you 'fix' the delusional comments towards SI and actually go outside for once I bet it's nice in Oviedo.

10 messages and nothing interesting to add, just personal attack.  Or u work for SI or u have a kind of attraction for me cause since you are in the forum you just post info about the game or attack me directly.

At least hide it a bit

1 hour ago, Dotsworthy said:

The larger issue is that the majority of people are enjoying the game. Going onto the FM subreddit/Twitter and none of the complaints on here have bled through to these forums in any significant way. FM23 sits at an 86% on steam, lower than 22 at 92% with fewer votes, but even with a version that is light on features compared to previous versions sales have remained consistent.

The majority of people just play the game and are indifferent to the issues that are raised on this forum, SI have no incentive or evidence that they need to change how they develop the game while that remains the case.

If you’re on reddit enough that’s nonsense what you’re saying  ,the big issue with player development is still constantly being talked about there and criticised , amongst other persistent bugs from previous editions of FM. 

The amount of unfixed bugs that continue to exist from previous version has stopped me and others from playing that is a fact that cannot be ignored. 

It seems sensible to me that SI just give an official update release date of 15 March every year. That buys them more time to really finesse the game and everyone with update anxiety will know what to expect. 

as for all the haters. It’s absolutely your right to hate the game and ask for what you think would make it better etc. but some of the poison on here ffs!!! There’s a flipping war on, we’re just out of a pandemic and you’re spewing bile because of player development or 3D defenders not dropping back properly. Perspective please :-)

Please people, feel free to discuss when the update comes. But if you can't play nice with each other, we will have to step in here. This is a warning to everyone, I will close this thread (and start handing out infractions) if the personal attacks continue.

Not sure which game breaking bugs people have but I’m actually happy with the game as I am every year. Not really experiencing any issues.

Still nice to have the new update though just to get a more up to date game world.

14 minutos atrás, jlboybeamer disse:

If you’re on reddit enough that’s nonsense what you’re saying  ,the big issue with player development is still constantly being talked about there and criticised , amongst other persistent bugs from previous editions of FM. 

The amount of unfixed bugs that continue to exist from previous version has stopped me and others from playing that is a fact that cannot be ignored. 

His take is just plain wrong.

Lots of people play this game in lots of different ways. I know/chat online with people that only Instant Result the games because they don't have much time to play, so the ME for them has no problems, and honestly how could they find problems if they don't see it?

The same for me and some of the stats areas, I don't know if they work properly or not because I don't use it that much. I like to create tactics, see them play on the field. That's my reason for playing this game (and squad and staff building) and I watch it in comprehensive, so I see a lot of stuff that pisses me off and I said it before in the feedback thread my main grievances.

Also, I look for it, but I feel like there is not that much content of FM this year both on youtube or written (although Cleon came back, which is a big positive), or the content has a more negative tone around it.

Now on my more personal experience, the people around that play the game (family and some friends) and usually send me prints of their saves, this year they don't do it, some play one season and say it's enough and that are mega frustrated. Of course I have negative feelings around the game, but the uncommon part is that everyone around me doesn't like the game to the point of going months without playing it. Yes, SI may have sold lots of games, but I don't see the next edition selling as much.

Just my two cents.

Edited by josel15

6 minutes ago, SimonHoddle said:

It seems sensible to me that SI just give an official update release date of 15 March every year. That buys them more time to really finesse the game and everyone with update anxiety will know what to expect. 

as for all the haters. It’s absolutely your right to hate the game and ask for what you think would make it better etc. but some of the poison on here ffs!!! There’s a flipping war on, we’re just out of a pandemic and you’re spewing bile because of player development or 3D defenders not dropping back properly. Perspective please :-)

On twitter they say late February/early March. That's why people got their hopes up leet week 

One thing I find crazy about these updates is they do them so infrequently that we are just expected to deal with the state of the game after the upcoming patch until we are invited to pay another £40 for Fm24.

If SI only want to do updates to this schedule then why not have a testing version for things like the Match Engine which really need to be tested over a good number of people and matches to truly understand the effect of each M.E updates because it's clear SI aren't fully sure of the outcome. I don't think it would be difficult to get users to sign up to a community test version, lots of other games have used this method in the past.

That being said I'm looking forward to the update but certainly frustrated with SI & FM as a whole. FM23 has really opened my eyes and changed my opinion on the state of the franchise I love.

1 minute ago, we88y said:

One thing I find crazy about these updates is they do them so infrequently that we are just expected to deal with the state of the game after the upcoming patch until we are invited to pay another £40 for Fm24.

If SI only want to do updates to this schedule then why not have a testing version for things like the Match Engine which really need to be tested over a good number of people and matches to truly understand the effect of each M.E updates because it's clear SI aren't fully sure of the outcome. I don't think it would be difficult to get users to sign up to a community test version, lots of other games have used this method in the past.

That being said I'm looking forward to the update but certainly frustrated with SI & FM as a whole. FM23 has really opened my eyes and changed my opinion on the state of the franchise I love.

They did it before, but people got even more annoyed since it sometimes had issues (since it was a beta version) and the feedback was just worse since quite a few people didn't seem to understand the concept of playing a beta version. I think they should try again, but based on how it was the last time, I can see why they stopped.

5 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

On twitter they say late February/early March. That's why people got their hopes up leet week 

And early March can be considered up to and around March 10th.

So people expecting a release early Feb, with the game admittedly needing work, yet don't seem to gather this "extra work" might also require more time to achieve completion.

It's like this every year, no matter how good a release. People simply have to learn patience. 

15 minutes ago, SimonHoddle said:

Or just don't give any kind of date, and it's ready when it's ready.  What happens if on March 14th they accidentally regress something?  There is literally no benefit to SI to give any kind of date, only potential damage.  And for what?  So some hypothetical person out there, who seems never to be happy, gets told a date that the patch likely would have arrived on anyway?  

Second part is right though.  Odd behaviour from most given this is absolutely no different to how every single year goes.

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

They did it before, but people got even more annoyed since it sometimes had issues (since it was a beta version) and the feedback was just worse since quite a few people didn't seem to understand the concept of playing a beta version. I think they should try again, but based on how it was the last time, I can see why they stopped.

Ah, I must have missed this! I think it would be a good idea still.. perhaps on an invite-only basis to those who are capable of good feedback.

1 minute ago, we88y said:

Ah, I must have missed this! I think it would be a good idea still.. perhaps on an invite-only basis to those who are capable of good feedback.

What makes you think they don't? ;) Let's just say that reporting bugs in a good and consistent way is a good thing for everyone involved.

A lot of people keep saying the reason developers keep things quiet is toxic community, but as far as i can tell this one of the tamest communities in gaming. Every year all people want is a better match engine, even though it can't be perfect and please everybody, they want to see it being worked on and it comes down to the way they update the game. The way thing are right now might be working fine for the developers but it annoys players because we have to wait sooo long between patches. Some minor updates here and there would go a long way to calming people down i think.

Next year I'm not doing this waiting for starting a new save again hehe :) :seagull:

My plan for FM24 and the years to come after:

1) Beta: learn the new features thoroughly while bugs are cleared. If needed, continue main save from previous version.

2) FM24 full game: Start new main save.

3) If I want any other save, start it anyway with latest official version even if theres a week until patch because waiting is less fun.

4) Repeat.

Edited by Dreambuilder

1 minute ago, Dreambuilder said:

Next year I'm not doing this waiting for starting a new save again hehe :) :seagull:

My plan for FM24 and the years to come after:

1) Beta: learn the new features thoroughly while bugs are cleared. If needed, continue main save from previous version.

2) FM24 full game: Start new main save.

3) Repeat.

exactly, never again!

My plan is slightly different though:

1) wait until the winter update is out and start a short-term save

2) wait until the very last update for FM 23 is out, finally start my long term saves and continue them until March/April 2024 when FM 24 is 100% updated, and only then buy it

Since some seems to have skimmed over my former post, just know if your post suddenly vanishes, it's because I asked you guys to keep on topic.

1 dakika önce, DarJ said:

Saying you don’t know when the latch will come is a stretch. We might not know the exact date but we know there is usually one around Christmas and another one early March. It has only been the last 3 years where they split the last update in 2 with one coming late February and the final one late march 

We still don't know, i play a lot of games with active communities never have i saw people speculating and debating WHEN will a patch come. Usually the talk is about wheter or not certain things will be fixed or if new stuff will be added. In this game everything about patches are a mystery.

32 minutes ago, woodsy1983 said:

Not sure which game breaking bugs people have but I’m actually happy with the game as I am every year. Not really experiencing any issues.

Still nice to have the new update though just to get a more up to date game world.

This exactly.  I'm very happy with FM23 as it is.  I'm pretty sure the "game is broken/unplayable" crowd are going to be disappointed whatever is in the patch.  I'm really not sure what they are expecting. 

6 minutes ago, priority76 said:

This exactly.  I'm very happy with FM23 as it is.  I'm pretty sure the "game is broken/unplayable" crowd are going to be disappointed whatever is in the patch.  I'm really not sure what they are expecting. 

It's an absolute cast-iron certainty.  Standard operating procedure really, hype something up to a level that is probably completely impossible to reach just so you can rage later when - shock horror - those impossible levels don't get achieved.

17 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

At least the wait for the patch gives us time to play new stuff like Hogwarts and Returnal, right? .. right? ...........

Bruh, I started playing Strangers of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins and I wholeheartedly regret. Its the worst Final Fantasy I ever played.

The only thing i care about and hope its fixed is the newgen player development issue. I dont think i have sky high expectations. They did have 3 months to tweak it...

Edited by andu1