France vs Poland Round of 16 3PM GMT, Al Thumama Stadium

The_jagster

2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I hope you don't seriously think it's game over given the two teams' performances :D 

I don’t trust Poland to win now, even though they did play well in the first half.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the England boys getting another grilling from Kelly Somers. This time just sitting watching some old England footage ffs, this is pathetic.

She belongs in a PR agency, doesn’t deserve to call herself a journalist or a broadcaster. Absolute waste of space.

Imagine if we scrape past Senegal on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Tomorrow, she'll be asking, "Gareth, England's campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

2 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Awful refereeing 

2 minutes ago, skybluedave said:

Good tackle

I think he's got it right. This notion that "I got the ball" is an automatic "no foul" is nonsensical. His contact on the ball was largely inconsequential, then he took Dembele out. That's the only thing preventing a scoring chance there. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, XuluBak said:

I think he's got it right. This notion that "I got the ball" is an automatic "no foul" is nonsensical. His contact on the ball was largely inconsequential, then he took Dembele out. That's the only thing preventing a scoring chance there. 

I don’t know. That makes it sound like as long as you go to ground on a tackle, it’s a foul. 

1 minute ago, XuluBak said:

The same situation wasn't given as a penalty for Uruguay.

Just because a defender gets a slight touch on the ball, doesn't mean he can take the attacker out, especially since the ball is still right there and not out of play.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don’t know. That makes it sound like as long as you go to ground on a tackle, it’s a foul. 

Of course you can go to ground, but if you've gotten so little of the ball that it's just kept rolling for the attacking player in that situation, I don't think you can have much complaints if you're called for a foul for cleaning out the player. I mean, it's to the ref's discretion, but as long as they call it the same both ways, then I'd rather see it given as a foul than not. 

12 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

I couldn’t disagree more :D 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

World Cup one? Yeah, most likely. Only 23 now. So he should be at two, if not three more World Cups.

And this French side doesn't look likely to fall off a cliff anytime soon, so he should be getting 5+ matches per tourney.