Impossible to win since 21.2 update

I have only played 2 games so far, Playing as Brentford sitting 4th, Have beat Arsenal 2-0 away and QPR 1-0 at home, Had just come off 2 straight defeats before update

One thing I have noticed is that my wingers and full backs are getting their crosses in rather than hitting against player, and also more nice short passing than before

This is exactly why I've set my steam to offline mode as soon as I saw an update was out. This constantly ruined FM20 for me, as every few weeks id have a slump in form because of constant match engine changes. frustrating. Always takes 4-5 updates for SI to be happy with it. 

Got sacked by Leicester lol. Will try now a new save in normal edition but never had this kind of failure in FM. Last time got sacked was FM 19 where I played CL final but because I had set expectations a bit higher with West Ham they sacked me after finishing 5th :lol:

I've played 11 competitive matches since the update and won 8, draw 1 and lost two. About the same mix of results as before the update. It could be that any ME changes have had a knock on effect to the tactic you are using but that's not really a problem with the game tbh.

12 hours ago, Allbrother said:

That worked gangbusters pre-patch? What ****** reply

If your tactic relied on some dodgy ME coding that was patched, then yes. If your tactic stops working between patches, then this is the most likely thing that has happened. This is something that can be easily remedied. 

That or it is confirmation bias. You make a false connection between losing and the patch because that is what you expect to see. 

On 18/12/2020 at 14:46, badgersafc said:

Flying at top of league, many points clear, since the update I’ve now lost 7 from 8, including 5 in a row. Anyone else having it? 

I went from one 1-0 before the update. After updating to 21.2, I got two more 1-0 wins, followed by a 4-1 win and a 5-2 win...

Edited by Harper

Not really no, I did switch from 4-3-3 pre-patch to 4-2-3-1 afterwards though because I wanted to try to score more goals. If anything we're doing even better because an AMC seems to be really useful now.

20201220104744_1.jpg.1fd461488587969f57540da01f780f92.jpg

Had a super rough start in the PL with Sunderland with no win in 7 games. Kinda refreshing though since this has made it more challenging. Do anyone know how team cohesion translates to the ME?

Just wondering because in the last game i played with my two cm's I had since league one and we took our first win of the season!