The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

8 hours ago, Soviet said:

It's hard to do the challenge in big leagues like Spain, Italy, France, since the level of players in lowest playable league is just too high to easily substitute with academy players. That's why England and smaller countries is the most popular option.

Smaller countries provide the easiest start, but are far more difficult to reach the ultimate goal of winning the champions league.

England provides the best balance of gentle start and realistic potential of winning the CL

Spain, France, Germany and Italy are tough to start, but if you survive, there is a similar chance as in England to win the CL. If you do start in these leagues, try looking for a 'fallen giant' that already has decent youth/training upgrades and income stream.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

XaW - Stratford Town - 2028/29

noD3emR.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

This season were a season of ups and downs. We started pretty good and were part of the fight for the top spots for a while, but then we lost form and just struggled (it was when the new ME came... it broke my tactic). So I had to try some new stuff and trial and error in the middle of the season rarely is a good thing. A lot of poor matches, but every once in a while we did play well and picked up some points here and there. Towards the end of the season we found some form again, and with the good run at the first half it was enough to finish in the playoffs! So into the semi final were we faced Harrogate Town at home. The match were even, but we had most of the better chances. Still, that's not enough when they score a scrappy goal and our attacking players were quite impotent. So we are stuck in the VNN for another season.

In the FA Cup we got beat Leiston, Morecambe and Curzon Ashton before losing to Northampton in the 1st round. In the FA Trophy we beat Gainsborought Trinity before being thumped 1-5 at home by Solihull Moors.

We had a good youth intake where the coaches rate Jake Shorrock 29b and Kyle Petty 29d as the most exciting.

The leading players this season have been Nathan Keehan 25bDarren Waters-Reece 28c and Liam Burke 25a.

ig0bcKF.png

ZKWbaSC.png

S.S.D. Latina Calcio 1932

Season 2

On The Pitch

Season preview didn't give any hope for surviving after loosing 4 players to retirement. The lack of midfielders and having several strikers „forced“ me to change formation from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2. That was a great decision. Much better in the offense and still solid in the back (besides some thrashings from the 3 top teams).

At the end we participated even in the promotion playoffs (but half the league does). Even a good chance to survive the first round. Had an early lead, but our opponent scored the equalizer in the final minutes of the game and rules have it, that the home team (= better team in the regular season) goes trough if the game ends with a draw.

Key Players

Salvatore Ciulla: The goalkeeper was again one of our best players. 18 clean sheets (a new team record), twice as much as in the season before. But the season started not good. He was moaning, he wanted to leave to a bigger club (only one offer from a belgian amateur (!!) team, which wanted us to pay a big chunk of his wages). Skipped training several times. Made the whole squad angry about me. But with time he calmed down. At the end he even extended his contract.

Luigi Fontana: Because of the new system, he became part of the starting 11. After 0 goals in the season before, the striker scored 11 times in the league. Great partnership with our other striker Federico Cardella.

Simone Beccaceci: My assistant ranks him as the best player at the club (and the only good wide player). He had a lot of bad games, but some good ones. Wants to leave to a bigger club, now. Would like to keep him, since he's one of a few players with good determination left. But I need to find a new role for him since I am thinking about changing my system to a 4-3-3 because we have so many strikers.

Off The Pitch

Finances are a little bit shaky now. The money is gone. But I could make two more licences (up to National A) and the improvements to training and youth are finished (up to Adequate & Below Average).

A lot better than in the first season. Problem is determination (hope a new head of youth development which I hired at the end of the season will improve things in this direction).

Alessandro Colella (02A): One more for the long list of strikers in this club. Played him a few times as a left winger since I have only one player for this position at the whole club. Except for crossing he has the attributes for that. Let's see what we do next season. He'll be part of the 1st team.

Bruno Redjepi (02B): Don't play an attacking mid, yet. But maybe that will change. Another option for left wing (as an inside forward) or center mid. His weak dribbling and passing is a problem in both cases.

Enrico Pace (02C): Since I have not many options at right-back he should get some games next season. Besides from some mentals, he could be a solid defensive option. And I hope he'll honor his name and will get more pace.

Dario Orlando (02D): Is only in this list because my staff rates him with 4.5 stars potential. I can't use him, yet and I am skeptical if he'll get there. Is defensive not good enough for this level as full-back.

One other thing: We lost our first really young player. Some 15 year old guy was snapped up by local powerhouse Lazio. Will keep him an eye on him after he has appeared in the game and hope he becomes a good player and will be transferred for big money one day in the not so distant future.

Next Season

I have 3 good strikers at my club and 3 more with a lot of potential and a level close to the first team. One is 28, all others are between 17 and 22. So I am thinking about going with 3 strikers, maybe a 4-3-3, but the problem in this case would be building the midfield with my players.

Have one great DM (but without a decent backup), one good right midfielder (with some youngsters as backup), one left midfielder (who was decent last season with 9 assists, but without backup) and one very solid playmaker (without any weaknesses) in center mid.

So the alternative is staying with a 4-4-2 and re-train some strikers to wingers. A lot to do and to experiment in pre-season.

And of course: At the moment I see last season as an exception and are thinking about another relegation battle.

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Playoffs Coppa Italia Coppa Italia di Serie C Europe Squad Best Player Best Goalscorer Intake Best New Prospect Team Of The Season Miscellaneous
2020/2021 Serie C Girone C 16th - - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Salvatore Ciulla Federico Cardella - 6 Intake Carlo Di Mambro (01A) 4-3-2-1 National C Licence
2021/2022 Serie C Girone C 9th 1st Round 1st Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Luigi Fontana Luigi Fontana - 13 Intake Alessandro Colella (02A) 4-4-2 National B Licence, National A Licence, Youth and training facilities upgraded, Youth recruitment upgraded
Edited by Kazushi80

Nybro IF Season 2024 Review

Bildresultat för nybro if

Table | Transfers | Finances | Facilities | Youth Intake

This time we got to talk a bit more about my youth intake! before the season we took the gamble and upgraded YR and JC even though that we knew it will cost us a lot of money but i figured if we gonna have a chance to establish us in a higher league we would need better intakes. And the gamble surely payed of! what an intake with of course as we all dream about every intake a real class striker in (05-A)Alexander Niklasson which also already started to show what he got but more on that later. If future intakes are even remotely close to this one we have one bright future!

A season where the goal was really to try to survive in any way possible. we were of course tipped dead last beforehand but i gave us a fighting chance. we had a surprisingly good start in the first 4 we had 2 wins one draw and 1 loss which i thought were good. but after that we had a total of 8 games without a win loosing half and drawing half. We were now down to relegation playoff so i started tinkering a bit with the tactic thinking to not be quite as offensive as our opponents are now better than before. And after some games it gave fruit as we went on an 6 game win streak followed but a 5 game without win and 4 losses under this time i really have to give credit to (02-B)Joakim Nilsson cause he were brilliant after half the season he stood on 17 points in 15 games after that he unfortunately got a knee injury but luckily not most serious but he missed 5 games and after that came the amazing youth intake and during the last 8 games we lost 1 and won 5 and drew 2 and big thanks to that to (05-A)Alexander Niklasson with 6 goals and 3 assists in his 7 games this season shows us how special this 16 year old is!

Player of the season is without a doubt (02-B)Joakim Nilsson ending on 12 goals and 7 assists in 25 games a number which would have been much higher without the injury as he didn't get back to form the games after it so hoping he gets back to track next season

The academy players are really starting to take over our first team now. The one performing best counting whole season is (02-B)Joakim Nilsson while (05-A)Alexander Niklasson is of course the best prospect and he really got me hopeful!

Finance wise still in the green but we are going downwards because of our youth setup but i think we manage til we get higher up!

Facilities we got youth recruitment and junior coaching upgraded.

Top Scorer: (02-B)Joakim Nilsson 12 goals 24(1) games

Most Assists: (02-B)Joakim Nilsson 7 assists 24(1) games

Best Average: (02-B)Joakim Nilsson 7.25 avg 24(1) games

Best Prospect: (02-B)Joakim Nilsson  12 goals 7 assists 7.25 avg 24(1) games

Most promising prospect: (05-A)Alexander Nilsson 6 goals 3 assists 7.93 avg 7 games

Season history

@Novafluff 6 goals in his first 7 games. Seems next year you'll have a new top scorer.

To the other ones playing in Italy: This Copa Italia Serie C is a pain in the ass, isn't it?

1st season, I planned my pre-season starting with some weaker teams in the end to build up morale and score some goals after finding a tactic against stronger teams before. But before these games there comes this cup with a group stage and an announcement like: here's the draw, in 2 days the first game.

So 2nd season I knew there's this pre-season cup, so I planned my friendlies differently. What happened? No cup pre-season cup games for me, because I skipped the group stage.

Now 3rd season. I thought: Okay, no cup, I can plan as I did in the first season. What happened. Without a warning I get the cup group stage again in the 3rd week of pre-season and my whole plan is gone.

After a quite productive run with Pecs in FM19 I planned to try this challenge again with my local team which went bankrupt and was refounded in the 3rd tier, however after 20+ tries I never get them promoted to the playable leagues. So, I decided to go with the team that once had Roberto Carlos, Eto'o, Willian and Lass Diarra in their squad.

Anji Makhachkala

Anji Makhachkala

Manager

First team | U21 | U18

Transfers 2019 | 2020 | Future

We still have a 30000-seated stadium and decent facilities back from the glory days, that should be helpful. AI also made some quality transfers in the first season - Ryzhikov, Semakin, Zaika and Khaimanov are our four best players. Not sure about those who join us in July (and a bit concerned that three of them are full-backs) but hopefully they will strengthen the squad as well. Gamid Agalarov is our best local player, and the academy already produced a prospect ready to be in the first team - Alikadi Kerimov. Other promising 'year zero' youngsters are Murtazaliev, Kaziakhmedov, Gadjimuradov and Tkachenko (quite a progress in FM20 btw, Russian and regional Dagestan names are not messed up so far). The board expects us to avoid relegation, and despite we are predicted 17th from 20 I think this squad is capable for more.

@darren1983 For the opening post - Russia reset day is June 19, and the last FNL fixtures are played on May 16.

20191122205941_1.thumb.jpg.27f7b764fdd3f1a9d6212568d0e5f04f.jpg

After 20 reloads, Kings Lynn was the lowest reputation team to be promoted. The squad is composed by 16 players, 3GK. Some of the players have really high determination which is promising for future tutoring. 

Edited by SpS_Zen

4 hours ago, Kazushi80 said:

@Novafluff 6 goals in his first 7 games. Seems next year you'll have a new top scorer.

To the other ones playing in Italy: This Copa Italia Serie C is a pain in the ass, isn't it?

1st season, I planned my pre-season starting with some weaker teams in the end to build up morale and score some goals after finding a tactic against stronger teams before. But before these games there comes this cup with a group stage and an announcement like: here's the draw, in 2 days the first game.

So 2nd season I knew there's this pre-season cup, so I planned my friendlies differently. What happened? No cup pre-season cup games for me, because I skipped the group stage.

Now 3rd season. I thought: Okay, no cup, I can plan as I did in the first season. What happened. Without a warning I get the cup group stage again in the 3rd week of pre-season and my whole plan is gone.

He is gonna be really class! during the games something special always happens when he gets the ball

Logo_Farnborough_FC.png.d7dc986b17dd0d6988397d8eb6141f4d.png

SEASON 2020/2021

Third attempt at this challenge and the first time i actually finished the season without getting sacked!!!!! Not only that, but we were the overachievers for the year, so not bad at all!!!

League Table  Transfer History

It was a very good season really, even though we missed the playoffs on goal difference. The highlight was February, won three, drew one and no goals conceded. But the last eight games we only won once, the last two games losing to teams in the playoffs already, showed we weren't quite ready. I only had 18 players in the squad and 6 of those were 16 at the start of the season, so i feel there is potential there. Two youngsters who stayed in the first team all season and i have high hopes for are GK Terry Kelly and RM Bryan Ndongala. They both have improved the most over the season, Kelly keeping 17 clean sheets in the league for his age and ability was excellent!

Youth Intake

For a first intake, i'm actually happy with the calibur of players coming through and the variety of positions, some could be decent backups, which i definitely need! However, should i be worried that a lot of them are unambitious? How can i change this? The youth coach is balanced, so i was hopiong more of this trait came through. Anyway a look at the best prospects....

GK Cian Mckee - Looks pretty good. the coaches rate him better then Kelly, but i want his agility to increase a couple first. 

LB Glen Bullock - The most promising prospect according to the coaches. The only left footed fullback i have, may be a backup. 

RW Adrian Stamatescu - A Romanian!!! I'm excited to have some foreign blood in the team. Will challenge Ndongala on the right next season. My aim is to get him into the Romanian national team!

CB Gavin Speake - Definitely needed as backup, might be better than my #3 CB. 

CM James Hardy - Another backup that is needed. Not bad at all

RB Tim Harrop - Has chance to challenge current backups at RB

With some decent youngsters added to the squad, i can actually rotate a bit more (especially the first half of the season, with its crazy schedule) and stick to the same formation! Goal for next season is to get at least 71 points!

130866.png.dd49383dff63ca63221a5d18d07b6e6f.png

IR Reykjavik - 2020 - the start

Profile - Club Vision - Club Profile - Club Facilities - Squad

After failed trials last year with IBV (no youth or b team) , and this FM with Vestri( their colours/text burned my eyes) . I'll finally start a save in Iceland with IR Reykjavik.

I'm doing the youth only challenge and this team have a reserve squad so that's very useful.

e0499e3dfd6c00e5ffad8460264d27d1.png

Edited by OlivierL

Rushall Olympic FC

Rushallolympicfc5aea39297861025e.png

Start of challenge 2020/21

Meet the manager of Rushall Olympic FC.

I take over a squad with no actual strikers, very few defenders and limited wingers. So this might be a short attempt at this challenge.

Moreover, Junior Coaching is basic and Youth Recruitment is limited, so there is room for improvement.

But here we go!

2019-11-22_23074053c4ba21212c6766.png

Edited by andershs

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

130866.png.dd49383dff63ca63221a5d18d07b6e6f.png

IR Reykjavik - 2020 - the start

Profile - Club Vision - Club Profile - Club Facilities - Squad

After failed trials last year with IBV (no youth or b team) , and this FM with Vestri( their colours/text burned my eyes) . I'll finally start a save in Iceland with IR Reykjavik.

I'm doing the youth only challenge and this team have a reserve squad so that's very useful.

e0499e3dfd6c00e5ffad8460264d27d1.png

Aaaaah, IR! Sweet memories. I had my favorite CM/FM save ever with them back in FM17. Won the EL and the CL with a youth only approach. 

I'm really tempted to try it again with them. But I really like my East Kilbride save, so maybe later. 

Good luck!! I will follow your career with interest :)

47053673.png.985ecb9b3346a8369f57322ad9ef0365.png

Salisbury FC

I am the new manager of Salisbury FC.

I have found quality but not quantity within the squad, so it will be a long season trying to avoid injuries and suspensions

The facilities are reasonable for this level and the backroom was empty so I was able to shape it myself.

Edited by Sanno11

1 hour ago, Winski said:

Aaaaah, IR! Sweet memories. I had my favorite CM/FM save ever with them back in FM17. Won the EL and the CL with a youth only approach. 

I'm really tempted to try it again with them. But I really like my East Kilbride save, so maybe later. 

Good luck!! I will follow your career with interest :)

thanks , I read your topic 2 or times since u posted  it. it is because of your and jimbo's stories that I'm  eager to play  in Iceland . If I have  half as much succes as u had... I would be proud :)

694-300.png.12970e5ec06c6fa26bf43b7744162dde.png

Merthyr Town Season 2023/24 Review Vanarama National League South

League - a step back after the past couple of seasons. Goals were an issue with our top scorer having 3 separate goals droughts lasting 8 or more games. we were very streaky this year, going runs of 7 or 8 agmes of not winning to going the same amount without losing. We developed a nasty habit of conceding goals from corners which forced a change in my defending of them, gave a few youngsters their chances this season and some stepped up while others didn't.

FA Cup - we finally had a cup run! Made not only to the first round proper but beat League One Mansfield to get to the 2nd round. The Mansfield game was on TV too so with that, prize money and attendance (2.1k - a then record) we netted around 100k. Fellow League One side Bristol Rovers were too good for us but in front of a record 3k and the 50k gate money I wasn't too bothered.

FA Trophy - another little run here beat National League side Macclesfield (as we did in the FA Cup run) but Woking from the same league were too good for us.

Transfers - none in but 1 out. Youngster that probably wouldn't have got a chance here so wasn't upset to lose him

Squad Similar to last season but young players slowly establishing themselves in the team now

Finances - a board takover and the cup run meant we were out of the red for most of the season but are sadly back there again. Still, it's looking better than last year

U19's - won their league for the 3rd straight year. Lost the final for the 3rd straight year :D 

Youth Intake - It's an OK one really

Declan Brown YP04A - another decent looking DM, might force me to bring one in again soon
Rob Williams YP04B - hopefully he'll entertain us with his wing play
Brian Goodridge YP04C - another decent looking RB. Big fan of his mentals
Jon Smith YP04D - his physicals look suited to this level
Rob Clarke YP04E - same as above really, think his physical attributes will be good for the level we're at

Career Overview

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes

2020/21		NVLS		9th		Fairly Basic		Basic
2021/22		NVLS		3rd 		Fairly Basic		Basic			Lost in playoffs at semi final stage
2022/23		NVLS		6th 		Fairly Basic		Basic			Lost in playoffs at semi final stage
2023/24		NVLS		13th 		Fairly Basic		Basic	

6 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

@XaW that's brutal man, been there with Kingstonian. Momentum seems an even bigger thing this year than last, when you're on a run like that it feels near impossible to break out of it :( 

Yeah, it felt like it was more or less impossible to start winning. But I am struggling with tactics this time around. Need some test games to get to know the new match engine I think.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Yeah, it felt like it was more or less impossible to start winning. But I am struggling with tactics this time around. Need some test games to get to know the new match engine I think.

I think the new match engine really favours possession football, which of course is very hard to play on this challenge. Gegenpress might be a good tactic however?

A fairly disappointing intake.

At least one of the strikers may have potential, and there are a lot of strikers, but I already have lots.

Also the personalities are appalling. 

I needed central defenders and midfielders, so we're facing another season very thin on that front.

I still offered contracts to nearly all of them.  Hopefully some of the non-strikers will surprise me.

Daniele Corti YP3a – Only going to mention one of the intake; the top guy. Daniele is probably good enough to go on the subs bench straight away. He’s one of 4 strikers on 2 stars, but I’ll leave him in the U18s for the moment. Mind you, I suppose I could see if anyone wants to buy my strikers with lower potential from previous intakes.

20191122204340_1.jpg

20191123123957_1.jpg

20191123125713_1.jpg

Edited by vikeologist

Thanks for that guys. I have indeed started a new game, and I've played it some hours just to see if I would get into it, and I kinda have. So, I'm at a place i haven't been for a few versions. Iceland! I holidayed and found a team that had their own U19s, so I won't experience that shenanigans that some if the Icelandic teams have. So here goes!

Qg2hUMs.png

The season is very short in Iceland, so I expect to finish the seasons quite rapid. Only 22 league games will do that. I've switched to a 4-1-4-1 that kinda works. I have the small issue of not having a goalkeeper and having to use a Gray until I get the first youth intake, but I think I can survive the first season and the throw the lot of youngsters into the team asap.

28433.png

Youth intake 2020

I have crappy players. This intake is very welcome, but it also show how poor the rest of my team is!

n1WZedA.png

I could show almost any player, but this goalkeeper is very welcome!

7wCncua.png

I'm also very short in defence, so this kid will play quite a lot of matches!

LjS40zN.png

XaW - Íþróttafélagið Völsungur - 2020

28433.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So Iceland, the cold land up north. Here I am, with the aim of winning pretty much everything. When I took over the team we had 12 players and no goalkeepers, so we had our work cut out for us and the goal were simply to stay up and hope the youngster will help out next season. And it worked pretty much to plan. We picked up some points here and there, but as soon as we had injuries or suspensions we struggled hard. Before the final 2 matches they youth intake came, so I could fill up the bench for the first time. Some of the youngsters did well, others.... not so much. But youngsters tend to vary a bit. So I'm happy with the survival, and I hope for more next season.

In the Deildabikar we didn't get past the group stage. In the Bikarkneppni karla we beat Leiknir F before losing to FH in the 3rd round.

The leading players this season have been Elvar BaldvinssonBjarki Baldvinsson and Aðalsteinn Jóhann Friðriksson.

XBgHFXq.png

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

Good luck @XaW , i hope we can share some tips . i couldn't find a kit for Volsungur, otherwire i would have started with them(hey have u19 team) . IR have a reserve team so that's ok.

Yeah, I saw IR and I saw you take them, so when I saw this team I thought I'd go the other route. The first few season should be survival, then push for promotion. After that it's survival for a while before the goal is to get to Europe. After a while the goal will be domestic domination and push in Europe. I've never done well in Europe with an Icelandic team, so this will be fun.

image.png.3bde777f532fafd7cffe14fcdf623423.png

Putnok 2030-32 two season review

I got a bit ahead of myself due to exciting developments in game, so thought I'd give a two season review which illustrates the difference in quality from division I & II.

Our youth are capable of competing in division II each season, but unfortunately, the ones capable of playing in division I won't stay longer than 2-3 seasons.

Invincible 2030/31 team

With Péter Simon in goal, we became kings of the 0-0 draw. Something unexpected from our 4-3-3 formation.

Despite being undefeated when the youth intake came in March, we were only in 3rd place. With help from new boys István Kun YP31aDominik Huszti YP31b and Tibor Kundrák YP31c, we had 8 wins and 2 draws in the final 10 games to take our first title and go back up to division I.

Vanczák again had a good season, even though I played him as a lone central midfielder. The player of the season however was Ádám Varga YP28b. He broke the club scoring record again and also won the top scorer award in division II.

Out in the 2nd round of the cup to MTK.

Relegated 2031/32 team

The losses of Simon and Vanczák (free) and Kun (see transfers) hit us hard. We put in a better showing than last time we were in the top division, winning 3 games and finishing 1 place higher. Ultimately it was not enough and we're going back down to division II.

Ádám Varga was the only player to do well, adding 12 goals to his growing tally for the club.

Division I clubs are now buying players from the likes of Lazio and AC Milan for 8-10m pounds. It's hard to compete with that.

Out in quarter final of the cup to Puskás Akadémia.

Transfers 2030/31

Transfers 2031/32

The big talking point here is the 'offer I couldn't refuse' for István Kun YP31a. Even though he was a player that looked like he could compete in division I, 5.25m (rising to 6.5m) was something I couldn't turn down. I sold him on deadline day when it was clear that we would struggle in division 1, even with him. These funds cover the cost of our new stadium.

Extra time

We had a takeover and the new chairman has already invested in training upgrades and a new stadium. Our new 5,197 all-seated stadium was completed in only 1 season. Much better than the 1500 (250 seated) stadium we were renting before.

Our facilities are improving nicely (see below) and we are producing talent that can compete in division I. They just won't stay with us long enough to all play as a team.

Special mention to an amazing coach Antonio Munoz who has been at the club for 10yrs now and is one of the driving forces behind our youth development.

image.thumb.png.b27044ce68f90c6fdc8d231bda6b295a.png

20191123180305_1.jpg.8d4c391db0e65a5a0a139bec1320dea2.jpg

Gainsborough Trinity

So I just wasn't able to get into the Warrington Town save, decided to start a new one. Ended up getting Gainsborough on my first attempt to find a club, this a club that is very close to where I grew up so I knew i had to take them to the top.

Their facilities

20191124083405_1.thumb.jpg.9a681d5c1c0022b43d34f41fd9fb2c2b.jpg

Their new manager

20191123175707_1.thumb.jpg.c948467b9c1c71c21382c6fd9fb74c75.jpg

The squad

20191124082844_1.thumb.jpg.a05265adfa4f96f3a2b28afef5eaa230.jpg

My tactic

20191124083046_1.thumb.jpg.29495f09f344bb2c4e24314b908e6947.jpg

Their are also 4 player from the previous years youth intake, 2 of which who have decent potential, but none that have much ability. Time for my third try to start.

Edited by Habituz

On 22/11/2019 at 22:09, andershs said:

Rushall Olympic FC

Rushallolympicfc5aea39297861025e.png

Start of challenge 2020/21

Meet the manager of Rushall Olympic FC.

I take over a squad with no actual strikers, very few defenders and limited wingers. So this might be a short attempt at this challenge.

Moreover, Junior Coaching is basic and Youth Recruitment is limited, so there is room for improvement.

But here we go!

2019-11-22_23074053c4ba21212c6766.png

I really enjoyed my Rushall save, even with the sacking in 2nd season, so will be watching with interest :-)

Logo_Farnborough_FC.png.20e0b398fc6e0df22c29479394b9bb19.png

From the highs of the first year, to the lows of the second year. I integrated some youth players into the squad, as we needed backups, due to the early schedule of two games a week and injuries. Issue being most of them were unambitious or mercenaries. i got them mentored, but that would take some time and they really struggled when called upon.  The other issue, was a massive losing streak. I was struggling to raise morale. I only tweaked the tactic here and there as i thought wholesale changes wouldn't work. In the end i bailed before i would of probably been pushed. 

It's certainly a difficult challenge and i feel i need to get better at the game before i can succeed in this challenge. So i'm going to try a journeyman game for now, but i will be back later to hopefully succeed a little bit. Good luck to you all, i hope you guys succeed!!

Vikeologist's Palermo 2022/23 End of Season Report

Image result for palermo fc

We finished 2nd, but it wasn’t as exciting as that sounds. Catanzaro dominated the league, and we finished 20 points behind them. Some seasons our 77 points would have been enough for the league, but this wasn’t one of those years.

Nonetheless, our 2nd place finish delivered us straight into the playoff quarter finals, which is further than we reached my first 2 seasons.

Unfortunately, that’s as far as we got. We lost both legs to Pro Vercelli, losing 6-2 on aggregate, and were outclassed.

Top Goalscorer - Alfonso Marsiglione YP1a – 16

Once again the top scorer, but it’s not exactly a great total. Occasionally unsettled, a word from the captain always puts him right, for now.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) - Simone Calì YP1d – 7.33

Our right back.

Man of The Match - Alfonso Marsiglione YP1a - 6

Most Valuable Player - Alfonso Marsiglione YP1a

The last 2 seasons I’ve said my goalie, Pelagotti, is my most valuable player, but he’s in decline now, and I might move on to one of my youth players next season. Our best player is Alfonso. Hopefully we can hold on to him.

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
20/21	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 2nd round of promotion playoffs.
21/22	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 3rd round of playoffs
22/23	C/C			2nd		Eliminated in Quarterfinals of playoffs.

20191123170213_1.jpg

20191123170153_1.jpg

20191123170202_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Habituz said:

I really enjoyed my Rushall save, even with the sacking in 2nd season, so will be watching with interest :-)

Don't get your hopes up. I started reasonably, but is currently on a 11 game streak without a win.

I fear this will be a short save :)

Edited by andershs