The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

OK, try number 2 failed. You must play full backs/wing backs, or anyone in that sort of area. I thought i could get away with three centre backs and just play wingers...nope, never had so many wingers for the opposite side score hat tricks....

so this challenge is hard, but i'm determined and will try again with Farnborough. They have decent facilities compared to the others, but a 16 year old GK and one true CB. This will be interesting.  Transfer history showing no pending transactions. 

Wish me luck

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck @andbec. I tried playing just three centrebacks as well. There were some huge scorelines. It could work if you have good strikers and go with the 'score 1 more than you' school of thought.

Luckily, when you get sacked, it's easy to start again.

26 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Which staff members have the most influence on bringing a foreign youngster through the youth academy?

Or to take it further, how much influence does each role have on this?

I'd like some diversity in my squad.

I've had most success with getting foreign players when I had foreign feeder teams and gotten the "youth players can train" clause in it.

I think the staff roles impact, but not much. The HoYD have a direct impact on the personalities and quality of the youth intake. Seb Wassell had a good post about it some time ago, I'll see if I can dig it up.

image.png.aa3ae09f8478ea79e51244778e8ce5fc.png

2027/28 Hungarian division II season review - Putnok

The League

We started off with three convincing wins and I got my hopes up for the season. Unfortunately, things went back to normal after that. We did have a few good wins, especially once the youth class of 2028 came in. We were in no real danger of relegation and eventually finished in 13th.

We lost in the second round of the cup to division I team Újpest, breaking our attendance and gate receipts (a whole 6k) records in the process.

The Players

Péter Simon, Attila Pataki, László Jakab, Roland Vanczák and Péter Szabó all got called up for Hungarian U19 or U20 teams during the season. Péter Szabó left us during the mid season transfer window. But we still have an increasing representation in international football.

The youth intake looked promising.

Lászlo Somogyi YP28a looks like a potential star. Unfortunately he refuses to sign a full time contract, so I'll likely have to sell him for what I can get.

Ádám Varga YP28b is another player that is instantly challenging for a first team place.

Transfers

The sales of Ádám Székely and Péter Szabó gave us development funds.

MTK refused an offer of 1.2m for Dávid Gábor from Ferencváros, but accepted one of 450k from Al-Fayha of Saudi Arabia. We missed out on the future sale clause, but Dávid is now worth 2m, paid 3.6k p/w has 16 U21 caps, 10 U21 goals and is looking like the real deal that could have taken us up.

Extra Time

The board approved training and youth facility improvements, but later cancelled the youth improvements due to lack of funds.

Our coaches allowed has expanded from 3 to 6.

I've achieved my Continental Pro Licence. Coaching upgrades complete.

Nybro IF Season 2022 Review

2626.png

Table | Transfers | Finances | Facilities | Youth Intake

We start of short about the youth intake. It were an okay intake, once again we have loads of potential so we will start seeing more and more youths making impact in the first team. Tom Mortensen our last years hottest prospect unfortunately refused to sign a new contract since he were unhappy about not being loaned out. But he should have stayed as no one picked him up and he chose to retire at the age of 18.

As usual we started of quite good with 3 wins and 2 draws in the first 5 despite two of our most important players got injured in first game and missed the rest of those 5 games after that we went into a bad form with 3 losses and 1 win in the next 4 and i thought that we were gonna struggle again like we did the year before. But we actually picked ourselves back up after that and only lost 3 more games in the whole season which is fantastic. In the second to last game we met Österlen FF which we were chasing for a spot in the playoff we managed to beat them so it all came down to the last game. We needed Österlen to at least loose points and we needed a win. We managed to beat Prespa Birlik 3-1 after a fantastic hattrick by Eric Olsson which meant Prespa Birlik went out. We saw Österlen go up into a 2-0 lead early on and then we saw Kristianstad which were their opponents make it 2-1 and our hopes were up! but Österlen saw it through and we end up 2 points behind so close on a possible promotion! But i think we will find ourselves up there soon since our youths are making a bigger impact.

Player of the season for us i think will have to be shared between Eric Olsson our deadly striker and Vedran Bajramovic our guy in between the posts getting 10 clean sheets this year! he is retiring though so next year we will see a young guy in the goal

This year we had 6 guys from our academy making their debuts in the first team and actually 5 of them managed to find the score sheet even though 4 of them only played a few games. the guy that made the most appearances and that is getting very close to a starting eleven spot is (02-B) Joakim Nilsson our very brave and ambitious right winger. He didn't get any starts in the first team but 22 subs and a few points. he also performed really well for our reserves.

Finance wise are okay. we are going minus thanks to our youth academy costs but i think it will benefit us in the long run.

Facilities we got both youth recruitment and junior coaching upgraded early on and our training facility stood finished before the season start.

Top Scorer: Eric Olsson 10 goals 20(0) games

Most Assists: Emanuel Haraldsson 5 assists 18(4) games

Best Average: Eric Olsson 7.19 20(0) games

Best Prospect (02-B)Joakim Nilsson 0(22) games 1 goals 2 assists 6.66 avg

Season history

Edited by Novafluff

1 hour ago, XaW said:

This post should probably be part of the initial post @darren1983?

It could eliminate quite a lot of confusion and/or questions regarding this challenge.

I read that post the other day on the train and meant to post it when I got in but forgot so thanks for posting it. I've added it to the OP now.

2 hours ago, Fastbasher said:

Which staff members have the most influence on bringing a foreign youngster through the youth academy?

Or to take it further, how much influence does each role have on this?

I'd like some diversity in my squad.

Like boss XaW said you need feeder club with option that juniors can traing between teams. Second option is club rep or country position in rank I think. In Polish challenge 2 years ago maximum I had 6 foreign youngster all from feeder clubs in best intake but sometimes it just randomed me some guys from England or France but I guess thats thx to my progress in Champions League and and European League.

Hi,

I would like to participate in the challange but I've got one issue. How can I remove the first Manager with whom I was on holiday?  Otherwise I always have to click on the unread message to proceed. 

2 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

Hi,

I would like to participate in the challange but I've got one issue. How can I remove the first Manager with whom I was on holiday?  Otherwise I always have to click on the unread message to proceed. 

Just retire the other manger home > my profile > retire

So coming up to preSeason and I'm going for it, A title challange to help the clubs finances because the owner is retiring and Elections are in December. Its time to make this club more desirable. I cant ask for anything to help the club. So im putting all my eggs in one basket and going for it. The future of the club is at stake and the save in general.

Just received my first million pound offer for a player............  and rejected it.......... like a boss!!!

Unfortunately, the chairman, (my actual in game boss) accepted an offer for 975k for another player.

25 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Just received my first million pound offer for a player............  and rejected it.......... like a boss!!!

Unfortunately, the chairman, (my actual in game boss) accepted an offer for 975k for another player.

Fire his ass your the boss..:lol::lol:

noD3emR.png

Youth intake 2028

A pretty good youth intake with a couple of exciting talents.

JdAhol3.png

The highlighted player, Darren Waters-Reece 28c, is a talented DM with some really nice stats.

H5fKYZq.png

Craig Morgan 28b is a promising striker if I can just increase his composure and off the ball.

vaOpW8b.png

42 minutes ago, XaW said:

Youth Facilities
The training facilities available for Juniors (only).
Does NOT apply to visible players already at the club. All visible players currently at the club use Training Facilities regardless of age.

So after every new youth intake, those players use the training facilities, not the youth facilities  anymore?

43 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

So after every new youth intake, those players use the training facilities, not the youth facilities  anymore?

Yes, every player you can see the stats of are using the training facilities. The youth facilities are for player who will come through the youth intakes in the future.

XaW - Stratford Town - 2027/28

noD3emR.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A good end to last season were not followed at the start of the new one. We only won 2 of the first 13 matches and found ourselves just above the relegation zone at that point. However, I learned from last season and kept the same tactic, but gave some other players the chance and it payed of. We started picking up points, and while we drew quite a lot, it's still better than losing. Our main problem is controlling games when we are in the lead, we gave away a lot of possible wins from strong positions and missing a lot of good chances to get a bigger lead. As the season went on though we continued the climb and headed into the playoff zone at a point. Going into the final match of the season we were a single point shy of the playoffs spots. Unfortunately, we lost in a very poor game away to Cambridge City. So, once again we finished in 8th.

In the FA Cup we got beat Goole and Gainsborough Trinity before losing to Hereford in the 4th qualification round. In the FA Trophy we lost to Hemel Hempstead Town in the 3rd qualification round.

We had a solid youth intake with Darren Waters-Reece 28c and Craig Morgan 28b as the ones to watch out for.

The leading players this season have been Nathan Keehan 25bLiam Burke 25a and James Hancocks.

Oh, and we just got the improved youth rating!

7bgXfk3.png

Edited by XaW

1 hour ago, XaW said:

XaW - Stratford Town - 2027/28

noD3emR.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A good end to last season were not followed at the start of the new one. We only won 2 of the first 13 matches and found ourselves just above the relegation zone at that point. However, I learned from last season and kept the same tactic, but gave some other players the chance and it payed of. We started picking up points, and while we drew quite a lot, it's still better than losing. Our main problem is controlling games when we are in the lead, we gave away a lot of possible wins from strong positions and missing a lot of good chances to get a bigger lead. As the season went on though we continued the climb and headed into the playoff zone at a point. Going into the final match of the season we were a single point shy of the playoffs spots. Unfortunately, we lost in a very poor game away to Cambridge City. So, once again we finished in 8th.

In the FA Cup we got beat Goole and Gainsborough Trinity before losing to Hereford in the 4th qualification round. In the FA Trophy we lost to Hemel Hempstead Town in the 3rd qualification round.

We had a solid youth intake with Darren Waters-Reece 28c and Craig Morgan 28b as the ones to watch out for.

The leading players this season have been Nathan Keehan 25bLiam Burke 25a and James Hancocks.

Oh, and we just got the improved youth rating!

7bgXfk3.png

What tactics do you use? Im on my 2nd season with Poole Town and im dead last place, nothing works for me, I need help, please save my babies ;(

i3sLWXj.jpg

5dFPS3Y.jpg

Youth Intake Preview..

Unfortunately no DM in there, my 32 and 31 year old DMs have to play a few more seasons I guess.

League is going okay, had a big slump in November, but bounced back now. 

22 minutes ago, King Axther said:

What tactics do you use? Im on my 2nd season with Poole Town and im dead last place, nothing works for me, I need help, please save my babies ;(

Currently, I'm using this one:

5FuV8lb.png

I've also asked the AP on the left wing to tuck in to allow the overlap on the left. The reason I went overlap left is because I my best DL is good going forward. I've been using something similar to this since FM17 and it's worked every version since then, with a few tweaks here and there. For better teams I would like to have a CF-A up front, but I've found using that at this level doesn't quite cut it. I'm also toying with the CM-A role. I'm using it to help the striker since he can become quite isolated at times. Box-to-box is as option, and also a Mezzela, but it drifts a bit to wide for my taste. I'm also not sold on the HB in the DM strata, but it works ok so far. Maybe a Regista if I had the players for it...

The thought is to defend like this:

enBVJZk.png

While in attack it should look like this:

abmukDG.png

So the AP and MC-A plays between the lines while the RW and WBL provide width. The BWM and the DM works as a semi-double pivot (the DM is the real pivot, but the BWM is also there for passes). The RB supports the RW. The thinking here is to break through the lines of the defenders while still having passing options both forward and backwards. If I had a CF-A he would work even better with layups for the RW and the MCA, while also be able to have the AP and the WBL on the other side.

At least that is my thinking with this tactic, and it seems to be somewhat working. We are performing better than the media expects, anyway.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention what is NOT working. Since I use a high DL I do get a lot of conceded goals from balls over the top. I tried to create a version with a lower DL, but failed miserably. So against low blocks that focus on long balls over the top to lightning fast strikers, I do something struggle unless I get an early goal. Still, I do struggle to control matches, so I might not be tweaking enough in-match.

Edited by XaW

As @Quacky said, you need to look to where the strengths in your team are and play tactic to suit.

I try for something similar to @XaW when I have the players.

Currently we're missing a decent DM, so I play an AM instead, as per below.

image.thumb.png.49cb96ffbe7f0651ecc66dde49198cc9.png

Edited by Fastbasher

2 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Currently we're missing a decent DM, so I play an AM instead, as per below.

I really don't like playing without a DM when I'm playing with such a poor team. I didn't have any good ones, so I also tried to use 3 DC's, but it just didn't work. In the last intake I got his fellow:

d4kFFmS.png

And I think he might be a perfect fit as a pivot DM. Good tackling and defensive skills, while at the same time decent passing and creativity.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

I really don't like playing without a DM when I'm playing with such a poor team. I didn't have any good ones, so I also tried to use 3 DC's, but it just didn't work. In the last intake I got his fellow:

d4kFFmS.png

And I think he might be a perfect fit as a pivot DM. Good tackling and defensive skills, while at the same time decent passing and creativity.

Perfect. Ball winning DM is the way to go as well.

I consider this quite a key to a successful team.

3 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

This is what makes this challenge so great. Moments like this! Beating Dinamo Zagreb away who had gone unbeaten all season. Our top prospect scoring two goals from central midfield, one of them a rocket free kick into tok the top corner! 

Congrats @thomas_e. Those last 10mins must have been a bit nerve wracking though.

24 minutes ago, XaW said:

Currently, I'm using this one:

5FuV8lb.png

I've also asked the AP on the left wing to tuck in to allow the overlap on the left. The reason I went overlap left is because I my best DL is good going forward. I've been using something similar to this since FM17 and it's worked every version since then, with a few tweaks here and there. For better teams I would like to have a CF-A up front, but I've found using that at this level doesn't quite cut it. I'm also toying with the CM-A role. I'm using it to help the striker since he can become quite isolated at times. Box-to-box is as option, and also a Mezzela, but it drifts a bit to wide for my taste. I'm also not sold on the HB in the DM strata, but it works ok so far. Maybe a Regista if I had the players for it...

The thought is to defend like this:

enBVJZk.png

While in attack it should look like this:

abmukDG.png

So the AP and MC-A plays between the lines while the RW and WBL provide width. The BWM and the DM works as a semi-double pivot (the DM is the real pivot, but the BWM is also there for passes). The RB supports the RW. The thinking here is to break through the lines of the defenders while still having passing options both forward and backwards. If I had a CF-A he would work even better with layups for the RW and the MCA, while also be able to have the AP and the WBL on the other side.

At least that is my thinking with this tactic, and it seems to be somewhat working. We are performing better than the media expects, anyway.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention what is NOT working. Since I use a high DL I do get a lot of conceded goals from balls over the top. I tried to create a version with a lower DL, but failed miserably. So against low blocks that focus on long balls over the top to lightning fast strikers, I do something struggle unless I get an early goal. Still, I do struggle to control matches, so I might not be tweaking enough in-match.

My ideal setup is same formation just different roles, I don't yet have the players to use it though which is probably why I keep chopping and changing tactics right now. I'm currently settled on an attacking 442 as it suits my better players but I don't like playing without a DM :D 

10 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Perfect. Ball winning DM is the way to go as well.

I consider this quite a key to a successful team.

Yeah, I think he will be quite imperative for the team the next few years.

5 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

My ideal setup is same formation just different roles, I don't yet have the players to use it though which is probably why I keep chopping and changing tactics right now. I'm currently settled on an attacking 442 as it suits my better players but I don't like playing without a DM :D 

Seems like a lot us like the same general idea for tactics. :D

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I think he will be quite imperative for the team the next few years.

Seems like a lot us like the same general idea for tactics. :D

Last season I used the same formation but gegenpress, worked good, but 1 of my CM left the teama nd this season it dosent work at all, so im experiancing the whole season and nothing works :/

The problam is my team has no strenghts so im starting to feel the end... 

6 minutes ago, King Axther said:

Last season I used the same formation but gegenpress, worked good, but 1 of my CM left the teama nd this season it dosent work at all, so im experiancing the whole season and nothing works :/

The problam is my team has no strenghts so im starting to feel the end... 

Yeah, that's why this is one of the harder challenges out there! You need to look at the team find out what possibilities you have and try to get the best out of them. It's hard, but it's possible. That said, most of us in here have been fired multiple times, and very few have actually finished it. And remember, even if that tactic works for me, it could be horrible for you if you have different types of players.

Just lost our top academy player from last season. I turned down 850k for him last week. Now we lost him for compensation. It looks like we should get at least 950k in compensation though.

This was the guy who wouldn't sign a full time contract.

image.thumb.png.00e946e2a990f0dbc2f112bca303d5cc.png

Rijnsburgse_Boys_logo.png

2023 Youth Intake

This year's intake was vastly improved over last years.

1390757397_FootballManager202011_17_20191_44_59PM.thumb.png.28bad958fd3dceb8c03aa1865c32c11a.png

My Head of Youth Development views the class as a "golden generation."  Upon closer inspection, it's hard not to disagree.

1090246554_FootballManager202011_17_20191_45_27PM.thumb.png.6725ceaa94bf22a4078809700cf85d5f.png

Seven players who have 4* potential or greater compare that to last year's intake when my best players had a 3* potential.

CB Brandon van den Bos 23A is the best player to enter the class.  Most importantly, he is a center back which will help our defense and he has a determined personality.  Definitely a player to keep an eye on going forward.

AM Dennis Jensen 23B is the best prospect, according to my HOYD,   He is the most technical player to enter in the class of 2023.  Going to need a season with the U19s to develop some his physical attributes before he takes over a spot in the senior side.

LF Mohamed de Groot 23C is a good wide attacking option.  I've got a couple left forward/winger options so he'll have competition to deal with before breaking into the first team.

LB Kevin Nijkamp 24D provides me a promising option on the left side of the defense.  I've been having a hard time settling on a left back this season so Nijkamp could take over the left back job at the start of the 2023-24 season.

CM Ed Frimpong 24E gives me a solid passing option in the center midfield.  Our passing has been poor all season and it has cost us game.  Frimpong should stabilize that somewhat.

1362282352_YouthIntake-RijnsburgseBoys-Excel11_17_20192_41_27PM.thumb.png.57eef60a7f1dbea21f9c427341755389.png

We completely upgraded everything involving the youth intake between the 2022 and 2023 intake.  This year's class is a little smaller and a little less determined but their overall technical, mental, and physical (even though they are smaller) attributes are improved across the board.  I've got another year of improving everything across the board between 2023 and 2024 and then finances/player sales will dictate future facility upgrades.

23d133_b3161fb182bf411ea446492c4baa252d~

Etoile Carouge FC 2023/24

Table | Squad | Transfers

After relegation the board only expected us to struggle against relegation again, which was a nice pressure relief. In fairness we had lost the players that got us promoted in the first place so consolidating the season in mid table was an acceptable result for me. Taking stock of the youth options I have and having completely lost faith in Målmaskinen, he of 54 game goal drought fame, following his 2 in 6 record at taking penalties I decided to just go strikerless. The team was already based around the excellent Fabio Roger as a #10 who will be joined next year by Max Vergnaud following a sucessful loan spell. Vergnaud will replace the artist formally known as Målmaskinen in this formation as the shadow striker and I highly tip him to become next seasons top scorer as I attempt to make a promotion push.

Top scorer/Best player - Fabio Roger

Joint top scorer - Damien Proust

The youth intake features another DM who is really a DC, quality prospect, the rest of them I'm not sure about.

Top prospect - Gabriel Wagnon

Season  |   League  | Position |   Cup   | Europe
---------------------------------------------------
 2020/21 | Challenge | 1st      | 3rd Rnd | N/A
 2021/22 | Super     | 8th      | 2nd Rnd | N/A
 2022/23 | Super     | 9th R    | 2nd Rnd | N/A
 2023/24 | Challenge | 5th      | 3rd Rnd | N/A

tienen.jpg.18c2bb4270588f111f4e1dbf8611c5b6.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - Belgian First Amateur Division - 2026/27 Season

Back in the 3rd tier after promtion/relegation, I was ready to challenge for promotion again. It was not meant to be. With what I thought were better players than 2 seasons ago and the tactic that won this division, we went winless in our first 8 games (not even scoring in the first 5). Last place. Things weren't looking good as I tweaked, changed, adjusted my tactic every game with no success. But about midway through the season, we started scoring a little and within a few games I had settled on a tactic which led me from last to 7th place, ending on a 9 game undefeated streak.

The squad and table look like this. I had mega concerns about losing lots of players during the relegation but all of them signed non-contracts which helped keep the wage budget down.

squad27.thumb.jpg.8e0af84f6f9b1e7eebf071a100b7a23a.jpgtable27.thumb.jpg.3dde48244993689243ff1677e03f60de.jpg

We got two really good youth pulls, one a AM(L) who I am sure is the best player we have produced. I hope he doesn't get poached too soon. He will immediately go into the starting lineup. Also, our heir apparent at GK.

27youth.thumb.jpg.3eab3c886843d93cfd85e1257c971439.jpgtransfers27.thumb.jpg.71ffa89c96429abee682a07bdf28f9ca.jpg

7 seasons in.My defense has actually been mostly steady through the years but my attack ebbs and flows with my leading scorer <10 goals the last two years. And with no money I haven't been able to upgrade the facilities for years. As you can see above, I sold my very first player for money. Not much but I added the 50% of next Sale clause. If he develops as he might he could bring in some money a few years from now.

tienen27.thumb.jpg.dd553db9102a16b084300c24ea0470cf.jpg

Rijnsburgse_Boys_logo.png

2022-23 Season Review

Club Info #1 Club Info #2 Revenue Expenses League Table Results #1 Results #2 Transfers

Highlights for the 2022-23 Rijnsburgse Boys season

• Two place improvement (17th to 15th) from last season
  • Allowed two fewer goals (62 to 60) than last season
  • Brought in a "golden generation" in the youth intake
  • Made a profit every month
  • Put monthly profit into facility upgrades
  • Upgraded academy coaching and youth recruitment
  • Had a 10+ goal leading scorer (Maarten Reyenveld - 12)

Low lights for the 2022-23 Rijnsburgse Boys season

• Scored two fewer goals (41 to 39) than last season
  • Knocked out of the KNVB Beker by a team in lower divisions
  • Lost money on the fiscal year (mainly due to facility upgrades)
  • Did not get much production out of the Class of 2022
  • Did not have a player with an average rating above 7 for the season

football-manager-2020-11_17_2019-5_04_05football-manager-2020-11_17_2019-5_04_20

Sorry the columns don't quite lineup.

football-manager-2020-11_17_2019-5_21_29

This will probably be the last facility upgrade for awhile barring a major cup run/large player sale.

football-manager-2020-11_17_2019-7_21_25

694-300.png.12970e5ec06c6fa26bf43b7744162dde.png

Merthyr Town Season 2021/22 Review Vanarama National League South

League -  A fun this turned out to be. We started slowly, so slow that after 11 games we were 2nd bottom! Then a little break and a change in tactic designed to get the best use out of the fact we had 3 good forwards and several more in the youth teams meant we clicked and started to grind out wins, then around xmas time the players got used to the formation, plus I settled on my strongest 11 (seriously the fixture congestion between August and December is mental, every week it's Sat-Tues-Sat games for 3 or 4 months) meant we started to fly, it was only with around 10 games to go I felt we could get a playoff place but our form kept this season (we lost 1 game after Jan) and meant we finished a crazy 3rd. In the playoffs we faced Wealdstone in the semi final, a side we had played 6 times over the previous seasons and won just once. Alas the dream had to end as a 0-0 draw saw us lose 4-3 on penalties. Wealdstone would then lose on pens to Dulwich in the final. For a little while there I began to dream. Maybe next season?

FA Cup Again my failure to make the first round proper strikes as we again fell at the final hurdle, this time to a Halifax side from the league above

FA Trophy - those gits from Wealdstone knocked me out on penalties (wow was that some fore shadowing or what?) right away 

Transfers  None in and none out this year

Squad The change in formation got the best out of our striker and best midfielders

Finances Really bad and only getting worse. Could do with a proper cup run AND promotion I think

As I've said before a quirk to managing Merthyr is that our U19's play in the Welsh Development League, giving competitive games to us from an early age so with our squad filling out I thought I might update on them each season briefly too so

Under 19's  Won our league comfortably, though lost the final to Bangor City but some great progress from Ashley Pascoe-Toomey YP01B with 21 goals in 23 games and also Joel Rogers who came through last season but I didn't tag, he also scored 21 goals in 23 games.

Youth Intake  Not a great one this time but some OK looking players 

Nathan O'Sullivan YP02A - left winger that could do a job in our new formation
Ashley Saunders YP02B - Centre Back with some nice starting mentals that could develop
Sean Smith YP02C - we're pretty stacked at this age group at right back but we have another one
Philip Jones YP02D - CM with some nice mental stats to begin with, which could help him kick on

Career Overview

Year		League		Position	Youth Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes

2020/21		NVLS		9th		Fairly Basic		Basic
2021/22		NVLS		3rd 		Fairly Basic		Basic			Lost in playoffs at semi final stage

Looks like a poor intake for the second season running, however there wasn't even a single positive comment on last year's intake preview and it ended up being alright... How much should these previews be believed, do you guys think?

2019-11-18 (1).png

Edited by schnauzer

An unbelievable start to the season..

I know its only 4 games, but we have won all four and only conceded once!!!! With a small squad and playing 3/4 16 year olds, this is insane!! 

This is the tactics i'm using.  We seem to be solid at the back and do create quite a few chances the other end. You'll notice my two right wingers are out, but the CMA really fills the gap. Problem is lack of backups and you know what the schedule is like in the first half of the season, could go downhill rather fast. 

34 minutes ago, andbec said:

This is the tactics i'm using.  We seem to be solid at the back and do create quite a few chances the other end. You'll notice my two right wingers are out, but the CMA really fills the gap. Problem is lack of backups and you know what the schedule is like in the first half of the season, could go downhill rather fast. 

Interesting to say the least :D