The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jamescoldwell97 said:

What is the ruling on loan players who are already at the team, do i need to terminate the loan or are they fine to keep

Loan players at your club when you begin will leave by July 1st anyway.

The won't play a game and won't show up on the transfer history screen.

23d133_b3161fb182bf411ea446492c4baa252d~

Etoile Carouge FC 2021/22

Table | Squad | Transfers

Following last seasons unexpected promotion this was always going to be a brutal season. It took 7 games until I got my first point of the year with quite a lot of tactic tinkering going on, including attempting to go with a 7-0-3 mega hoofball against the top teams in a desperate attempt to fm them. The saving grace this season was how bad Zürich was, it always gave me some confidence that survival was possible even though in took until the 4th meeting between us of the season before anyone scored a goal (I won 2-0 in the final game). Goalscoring was a problem all season with 3 goals shared between my 3 strikers for the entire year! Still I wasn't conceding much so I didn't dare touch the tactics again after the defence looked good (In games against teams I had a slight chance against). More of the same I expect next season, the notable absence will be Óscar Correia, refusing to renew his contract, thankfully I have a lot of talented wingers coming through and I don't feel I ever really unlocked Correia's abilities.

Top scorer - Alban Ramadani, A defensive midfielder winning this says a lot about my team.

My player of the season - Léo Lécureux, The number of clean sheets and penalties saved were invaluable.

The youth intake was not as good as last year but a few good players to build on.

Top prospect - Damien Proust, Will possibly be turned into a DLF given my glut of wingers and his all round ability.

Honourable mention - Max Vergnaud

Season  |   League  | Position |   Cup   | Europe
---------------------------------------------------
 2020/21 | Challenge | 1st      | 3rd Rnd | N/A
 2021/22 | Super     | 8th      | 2nd Rnd | N/A

13 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Do you have someone you could retrain to a left back?

Dominic Smalley perhaps?

John Pritchard looks like he could play in a pinch.

I have started retraining both, probably wont take with smalley as he is 30 but pritchard maybe as is 24. hoping for atleast one when it comes to youth intake

Right, so couldn't keep away. For my third (and maybe final) attempt in England I've picked a side that isn't even English :D 

New manager of Merthyr Town

1985877803_DarrenAllam_Profile.thumb.png.5ea1f72b0d838a213c69069e23675148.png

Couple reason's why I went with them, as a Welsh side playing in England I'm interested to see what sort of newgens we produce, I assume mainly Welsh but will playing in the English system mean we produce better ones (as we progress up the ladder) and how that affects the Weksh national side. An added bonus is that the Merthyr U19s play in the Welsh youth leagues so that means we will have an added youth team between the u18s and full squad, so giving me an extra season to develop them without being thrust into first team squad when they're too old for U18s football, as happened to me with Kingstonian which meant I had a bigger squad after a season or 2 but most were just 18 and didn't really give me a clear pathway with playing time meaning players didn't get time to develop. 

This is all hopeful stuff which will lead me to hoping I can avoid relegation and the sacking once again :D 

1 hour ago, darren1983 said:

Right, so couldn't keep away. For my third (and maybe final) attempt in England I've picked a side that isn't even English :D 

New manager of Merthyr Town

1985877803_DarrenAllam_Profile.thumb.png.5ea1f72b0d838a213c69069e23675148.png

Couple reason's why I went with them, as a Welsh side playing in England I'm interested to see what sort of newgens we produce, I assume mainly Welsh but will playing in the English system mean we produce better ones (as we progress up the ladder) and how that affects the Weksh national side. An added bonus is that the Merthyr U19s play in the Welsh youth leagues so that means we will have an added youth team between the u18s and full squad, so giving me an extra season to develop them without being thrust into first team squad when they're too old for U18s football, as happened to me with Kingstonian which meant I had a bigger squad after a season or 2 but most were just 18 and didn't really give me a clear pathway with playing time meaning players didn't get time to develop. 

This is all hopeful stuff which will lead me to hoping I can avoid relegation and the sacking once again :D 

Im about to start tomorrow my 2nd try in England, you have any tips for me? Like what training are you doing to the lads etc.

tienen.jpg.adbdba9e5aac15a0ab8d2ddaca72aacf.jpg

Koninklijke Voetbal Klub Tienen-Hageland - Belgian First Amateur Division - 23/24 Season

Cup: The board expects a minimum 5th round appearance which entails beating up two lower league teams in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I'm 2-2 in the 5th round over these 4 seasons and somehow managed a QF finish in the 21/22 season (i.e 8th round). The 3rd-4th-5th rounds are played before the league begins so there is no reason to not do well here. But we fell this season in the 5th round, to fellow First Amateur Div team Tubize.

League: We started out 6-0-0 with 5 of those being 2-1. We were in 1st place for most of the season but after the great start we were pretty ordinary (10-5-9 the rest of the way). But we fell to 2nd place at the end of the year and were not even guaranteed a place in the 4-team playoff during the final game of the league season. But we finished 2nd overall which is our best finish and a vast improvement over the 10th place finish last season.IadeydWt.jpg

Promotion League: Our late season struggles continued here as we dropped to 3rd place in the promotion playoffs. We were never all that close to promoting as our rival (my thoughts, not the games) Aalst promoted. Hopefully we will join them soon though the board and the players all think we will be relegation battlers.

Facilities: With my finances just dropping and dropping (currently $1.2M in debt) the board will not improve the training facilities. I did schedule some of those "league" friendlies but going forward will only do one per season. But in reality, they haven't helped much considering my finances. The oddity is the youth recruitment has dropped from Exceptional to Average. I don't know if that is just the game or if its a bug. It started out as Excellent (one of the main reasons I chose this team) and I have improved it 2-3 times so it dropping is not good. But I think one of the big reasons I'm in debt is the cost of the youth setup.

Transfers: I started to let some of the lesser youth players and some of the old vets go. I also tried loaning a couple players out to see how they would progress in the lower leagues.PoxpaOwt.jpg

Youth: Another solid youth pull. Alan Hoffmann (see below) looks good.xaf78IVt.jpg

Squad: In our first two seasons we played many of the original players, breaking in a couple youth players the 2nd season. Our 3rd season I tried to give lots of time to the youngsters. But this season, I put most of the vets in the U21's and played the kids. The only vet I played significantly was my GK, Hannes. nunPvVlt.jpg

GK: Hannes has been the guy. We did get a young GK with some promise in this last pull.4JlnzrCt.jpg

FB: I have 3 young good left backs so I have retrained them to play right back as well. ndlXkbrt.jpg Pbh1KTXt.jpg 0BPUVG2t.jpg

CD: I like Loman for his speed, he was 20 during my first season. Z2juil1t.jpg r9gCrDIt.jpg TuXYxnmt.jpg

MC: I have generally played De Schrijver as my CM(d) with Razak as a playmaker or BWM. 6sTXFQht.jpg McVDyxZt.jpg rM3U1u3t.jpg

RW: Schmitz is arguably my best player. u9o4kRYt.jpg

LW: I play De Cock here and on the right side. Verbeeck is the main guy here now while Van De Velde splits his time here and as a striker. 7jf3CrGt.jpg V1xMefKt.jpg 5Iou6Jxt.jpg

ST: Cornelis was a 16yo kid when I took over, he is the youngest player and youngest scorer in team history. But he is widely inconsistent. He is one of the highest rated players but I'm hoping someone emerges to take his spot. My leading scorer from season 1 left to sit on the bench a league up and my leading scorer in Season 2/3 is getting old though he still played pretty well this past season. IUn5I4ot.jpg

Overview:

tienen24.thumb.jpg.bb1d5cd153ce6945704431cbdf09f8fa.jpg

fcu.thumb.png.f1faa5df45adc917699739a140c193af.png

FC United it is. As a United fan this is an interesting club. Wanted to do the Netherlands originally but I couldn't seem to get them to actually promote a team into the second division. Had a . look at England and saw FC United and decided to take it, Club has good support and decent facilities.

Hoping to establish my own version of the Class of 92, the class of 2032 perhaps. 

2 hours ago, rycl77 said:

Ah that explains it, I'm happy with FC United anyway I guess.

Only one team gets relegated every season so there isn't a lot of variety in the newly promoted clubs.  I tried about 20 times and got one of four clubs to come up.

107203.png

AMERICA FUTEBOL CLUBE (RN) - AMERICA (RN)

STADIUM: ARENA DAS DUNAS - 32,000

TRAINING FACILITIES: AVERAGE

YOUTH FACILITIES: BELOW AVERAGE

YOUTH RECRUITMENT: AVERAGE

JUNIOR COACHING: AVERAGE

Season: 2021

Campeonato Potiguar - We won the opening stage, but then bottled the Grand Final by conceding 2 in the last 5 minutes, before losing the match on penalties.

Copa do Brasil - Another short stay in the Cup, losing to a Serie A team for the 2nd year in a row.

Serie CTable - A very inconsistent season. We qualified for the playoffs and then thankfully managed to beat Criciuma over 2 legs to get promotion to Serie B. We then lost to Tombense over 2 legs but were much the better team, which looks promising for next year.

Squad - Generally, quite happy with the squad. We are short yet again on centre midfielders, as all the good ones keep getting sold. The forwards need to become more consistent but I feel that is more to do with the beta, than the players.

Finances - Same as last season. We are in the black thanks to league prize money and the fact that we sold £205k worth of players. Hopefully next year we can make more use of our 32,000 seater stadium, and get some more prize money!

Transfer History - Honestly I would have liked to have kept all of them. The Nelinho sale was the worst. Sold under my feet, and despite asking to renegotiate to add in sell on clauses (which the board agreed to) they just sold him straight away with no clauses.

Youth Candidates - Really happy with the majority of the players here. Everyone has been offered contracts, but were really going to need a good striker next season.

Jaedson - Obviously the standout who will be massively important after our current defensive midfielder has left the club. I will however be amazed if he even plays 10 games for the club before he is sold.

Nildo -  Looks a really good prospect, but the problem is that at the moment I don't use a left midfielder so he will have to be retrained. I am thinking potentially about left back, although with low positioning and concentration, he will probably be a centre mid.

João Luís - He looks a good centre mid but again I don't use a CAM, so I will be retraining him to play up front as we could be running short soon. If it doesn't work out then I'm sure that he could be retrained to a centre mid.

This challenge is really, really frustrating! Not only are the players not quite as good as I would like, it's just knowing that there are players that I could go and bring in and we would have done so much better without all the stress. However, saying all that I most definitely had the I GET IT moment. In the first promotion playoff game second leg we were losing with 20 minutes to go and had no real signs of turning things around. I decided to throw a young attacking midfielder on, play him out of position but had to try something. 10 minutes later he has scored a screamer from 25 yards out and has got us promoted.  For as tough and stressful as it is, that moment made it all worth it!

The plan for next year is obviously to try and stay up. 3 of the 4 teams that got promoted last season stayed up, so I'm hoping that the jump in class wont be too great and we can give it our best shot. Failing that at least pick up some good money so that we can improve our facilities that we haven't been able to yet.

Career Progress

Challenge-Progress.png

Edited by Watson156

9 hours ago, jamescoldwell97 said:

I have started retraining both, probably wont take with smalley as he is 30 but pritchard maybe as is 24. hoping for atleast one when it comes to youth intake

I found that when I had nobody who could play in a position, for me it was right back, a left back started to develop that ability, maybe because that was how he was being used in the reserve teams. He's actually turned into quite a decent right back, although it's weird watching him play as he doesn't really use his right foot to cross the ball. He has to cut inside, even though it's not a PPM.

Anyway, you may find that the most left back reveals himself. Wish we could do a trade, because in the upcoming youth intake, I need every position, apart from left back.

200px-Carshalton_Athletic_F.C._logo.png.b45989b331ef7f669b19d06b5ec39d3a.png

Carshalton Athletic FC - Class of 22

39bb219d08a8ab5f43e22ca2add5aa06.thumb.png.f6b1f890fd8e01bb0b653974c9f4be7e.png

A decent intake this year again as we look to establish ourselves in the National League South. The key players that could make a impact on the first team are. Sam Hessenthaler Y22A  Left Midfielder, Andy Murray Y22B Right Midfielder, Tommy Miles Y22C Left Midfielder, Ricky O'Neil Y22D Attacking Midfielder and Olly Still Y22E Defensive Midfielder

17 hours ago, King Axther said:

After 21 games in my 1st season, I got my 1st win in the league, only god knows how wasnt I sacked for being last place this whole time. oof.

This is so hard and frustrating, I LOVE IT

My board seem way to content with almost certainly going down, my players making voodoo-dolls of me and getting raped by any team that can give three passes in a row. Been waiting for the sack for a while, but they insist on keeping me on. There is nothing I can do to salvage this.

1 minute ago, jamescoldwell97 said:

50% 0f Next sale as profit is next sale - how much they paid you

I'm getting a lot of offers but all are for under 100k. I just wasn't sure which would be better.

For example, if I sold a player who for me will play every week and will be a good player for 100k with 50% of next sale included, and he then sits in the new clubs reserves for a couple of years and they then sell him for 10k, I have lost out, correct? Whereas if I added 50% of next sale then I would at least get 5k back? 

9 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Quick Question, Is it better to add 50% of profit from next transfer or 50% of next sale? 

50% of next sale is better, but the difference probably wont matter much unless you get a huge fee.

Say you sell the player for £100k, with a 50% of profit from next transfer on a follow-on £500k sale (by the club who bought the player from you) you would make 50% of the difference between 500k - 100k = 400k. 400k divided by 2 is 200k.

50% of next sale means that for a 500k sale you get 250k.

So both are good!

1 minute ago, schnauzer said:

50% of next sale is better, but the difference probably wont matter much unless you get a huge fee.

Say you sell the player for £100k, with a 50% of profit from next transfer on a follow-on £500k sale (by the club who bought the player from you) you would make 50% of the difference between 500k - 100k = 400k. 400k divided by 2 is 200k.

50% of next sale means that for a 500k sale you get 250k.

So both are good!

That's what I have currently been going with. So, unless I have a sure fire wonderkid then it's probably better to go with 50% of next sale.

Is anybody finding that the match engine is ruining the enjoyment of the game for them at the moment?

The sheer amount of 1v1s that my strikers contrive to miss every game is winding me up a treat.

Midfielders however score at will from 30 yards out.

I want to carry on my save but it's so annoying when my tactics are playing the ball in over the top on the counter to my quick strikers, who always make good runs (they are suited to this style) but for some reason the match engine only allows them to score about 2% of 1v1s. Infuriating!

1 minute ago, schnauzer said:

Is anybody finding that the match engine is ruining the enjoyment of the game for them at the moment?

The sheer amount of 1v1s that my strikers contrive to miss every game is winding me up a treat.

I want to carry on my save but it's so annoying when my tactics are playing the ball in over the top on the counter to my quick strikers, who always make good runs (they are suited to this style) but for some reason the match engine only allows them to score about 2% of 1v1s. Infuriating!

Yeah completely agree.

They might as well call this beta version FM Long Ball. Every single game, all I see is long ball over the top, to long ball over the top. It really ruins the enjoyment.

To combat this, I have decided to play the matches on only commentary. At least this way, I can still make shouts when needed but don't have to see us miss 50 million chances!

3 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

That's what I have currently been going with. So, unless I have a sure fire wonderkid then it's probably better to go with 50% of next sale.

makes the most difference with larger sales or loss from next one.

say you sell for 10M and the next sale is only 12M 50% Profit gives you (12-10)/2 =1M where as 50% Sale gives 6M. as for loss 50% profit gives nothing and 50% next sale you still get money

22 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

It really is ruining it for me, this is the most frustrated ive ever been playing fm

2 hours ago, OneManSnipez said:

It really is ruining it for me, this is the most frustrated ive ever been playing fm

Whilst I think this years match engine is a noticeable improvement on last year's - the ME on FM19 was so bad that it pretty much put me off playing the game - I'm still getting frustrated with the same old things.

As with last year it seems that the ME is encouraging you too play a certain way, as you have much more success when accommodating to the faults in the ME. In last years edition it was all about press, press, and more press. If you didn't play a variant on the Gegenpress you probably wouldn't be as successful as you should. I don't think it's quite as severe on this year but there is waaaaaay too many clear cut chances per game (from balls over the top) but weirdly hardly any of these end up as goals, and waaaaay too many shots flying in from 30 yards. Also what is up with wingers'/strike partners' vision to play a simple cut-back cross for a tap in? Goalkeepers seem a bit too OP as well.

On the plus side I think player positioning, marking and decision making in general sense has all improved. I think the simple hotfix that SI could do at the moment is to reduce the distance and accuracy of players long balls.

Hopefully by the full release all of this will be amended. I think that I might put my save on hold (midway through 2nd season) until the match engine functions better. 

Edited by schnauzer

There we go!

ji6xFPX.png

I'll try my luck in Scotland. After a couple of reloads I chose East Kilbride FC as my team to play with. Very exiting to play in Scotland this year. Never managed there before.

For other people wanting to start a save in Scotland: the reset date is 03-05-2020. Best day to holiday is about 1-2 weeks before, and then holiday until the 3th to get some different teams. Then, after the playoff, Holiday until the 25th of June to take over your club.

EigR3tZ.jpg

9Kf8ycj.jpg

What I like about this club is that it's quite a new club. This is what Wikipedia tell us about it:

East Kilbride Football Club is a semi-professional football club based in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. They are members of the Lowland Football League, in the fifth tier of the Scottish football league system.

Formed in 2010 with the intention of bringing senior football to one of Scotland's largest towns, the club initially competed in amateur football before becoming one of the founder members of the Lowland League in 2013. The club became a full member of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) in 2014, entitling them to automatic entry to the Scottish Cup. In 2016 they broke the most wins in a row record held by AFC Ajax before losing after 30 consecutive wins.

The club was launched officially by two former Old Firm players, John Hartson and John Brown, once of Celtic and Rangers respectively.[2] The club was resurrected after folding in the 19th century, having being initially founded in 1871.

So yeah, that is quite interesting. I also like the part about Ajax. As an Ajax-fan I'm quite surprised to see this club linked with my favorite Dutch club.

The other reason to choose this club is that they got a U18-team. Most other Scottish clubs haven't. For a youth only save this was a real must for me.

cy8Hgef.png

The Club Vision & 5 Year Plan isn't that spectacular at this moment, and that's a good thing. Hopefully I can build this club slowly.

Let's go!

Edited by Winski
pictures were to small, so uploaded them again

3 hours ago, XaW said:

I had a good time watching this game with my free ticket. Even clapped when you scored. ;)

Thanks! I hope the home team fans didn't hurt you after their defeat ;)

My cup run stops here though - I've got Rosenborg in the next round.

I think the match engine will be the best one in the series. Player movement in general, positioning etc. is really good. Some confusing wing play, lack of 1vs1 efficiency and terrible Croation midfielders scoring rockets from 35 yards on a general basis is annoying, but from what I'm reading SI is very aware of those challenges and will be correcting them. 

It is a beta after all! 

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪poole town f.c‬‏
 Club | Facilities

xX2gN1L.png

2nd try at England, this time with a wierd Dolphines club 

Poole Town Football Club is a football club based in Poole, Dorset, England.  The club was established in 1880 and they affiliated to the Dorset County Football Association and are a Football Association (FA) Charter Standard Community Club. The team spent two seasons in the National League South before relegation in 2018.

The team has no FK in real life which is funny, but there is one in the game after the Youth Intakes they had last season, and he is decent

If I will survive a season, ill make an update :)

Honours

Spoiler

League honours[edit]

Cup honours[edit]

• Dorset Senior Cup:[15][16]
    • Winners (16): 1894–95, 1896–97, 1898–99, 1901–02, 1903–04, 1906–07, 1925–26, 1926–27, 1937–38, 1946–47, 1974–75, 1988–89, 1997–98, 2008–09, 2012–13, 2013–14
    • Runners-up (19): 1890–91, 1892–93, 1895–96, 1897–98, 1899–00, 1900–01, 1910–11, 1927–28, 1932–33, 1936–37, 1948–49, 1950–51, 1961–62, 1987–88, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95, 2003–04, 2005–06
  • Western Football League Cup:[17]
    • Winners (1): 1954–55
  • Wessex League Cup:[16]
    • Runners-up (1): 2009–10
  • Trophyman Cup:[16]
    • Winners (2): 1997–98, 1998–99
  • Southern League Champions Cup:[16]
    • Winners (1): 2012–13
  • Southern League Cup (Red Insure):[16]
    • Winners (1): 2014–15

My board finally saw reason. After one win and two draws in 15 games, they release me from my suffering. To be honest we never looked like we belonged at this level (our only win coming against our fellow promoted and semi-pro team).

Coupled with a number of mistakes in the squad interaction thing made for a tough and ultimately too tough challenge. I think my players were back from holiday for about three days when they decided to hate me for giving the fourth choice striker anything less than important player status, a contract my predecessor negotiated. Having not played FM19 a lot, I brushed it aside instead of taking it serious. My CB hating me for playing every game while he wanted to go on loan to a lower level Bosnian side is another thing that needs looking at.

Austria is a decent league to start this in I think, as long as you choose a professional side, newly promoted Wiener Neustadt sit in the Top 5. The club turned a profit, even with all staff positions filled with decent wage guys and our abysmal form, so there is some money in the league that would make it possible to advance. When I left the club they had about a million in the bank.

image.thumb.png.2f1a6c9e758a74565e3d24ef18be4e96.png

14 hours ago, King Axther said:

Im about to start tomorrow my 2nd try in England, you have any tips for me? Like what training are you doing to the lads etc.

With my record so far it's probably best I don't offer nay tips :D 

In England it's a proper slog so just make sure to enjoy the little steps of progress, in terms of training I tend to just train players in the role I expect them to play in my first team, general training I leave to my Ass Man for first team and U18s manager for my U18s

16 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

With my record so far it's probably best I don't offer nay tips :D 

In England it's a proper slog so just make sure to enjoy the little steps of progress, in terms of training I tend to just train players in the role I expect them to play in my first team, general training I leave to my Ass Man for first team and U18s manager for my U18s

Thanks, illl give it a try!

I found out tho that playing Gengenpass (or however you write this) works really good (might be just OP, idk), in my previous save it helped me alot and in the current one it makes miracles atm

Vikeologist's Palermo 2019/20 Youth Intake Report

Image result for palermo fc

I got a players in a lot of the positions needed, but maybe that’s not surprising as I needed every position other than left backs.

Alfonso Marsiglione YP1a – He who was prophesised of in my Intake preview. Lo, a saviour will arise from Marineo, and here he is. I normally don’t throw youth players straight into a successful first team, but my first team barely qualifies as successful, so in he goes, along with the best new right back, Simone Calì YP1d, because my first choice left back is injured, which makes my first choice right back my first choice left back and…

Look, it’s not important. Calì’s playing.

Rino Rapisarda YP1b – A goalkeeper. My starting goalkeeper is pretty good, but he’s also 32, and the other 2 goalies I had before are, well, not good. Rino is already better than them. Let’s hope he spends the foreseeable future on the sub’s bench though.

Gianluca Saurro YP1c – A central midfielder. He’ll be on the fringes of the first team straight away.

I offered contracts to most of the intake, not just the 5 I've tagged. This season i've had 3 players in my U18s, and none in the U20s.

20191110161259_1.jpg

20191112102113_1.jpg

20191112102135_1.jpg

20191112162246_1.jpg

1 hour ago, thomas_e said:

I think the match engine will be the best one in the series. Player movement in general, positioning etc. is really good. Some confusing wing play, lack of 1vs1 efficiency and terrible Croation midfielders scoring rockets from 35 yards on a general basis is annoying, but from what I'm reading SI is very aware of those challenges and will be correcting them. 

It is a beta after all! 

I don't doubt that - in general the match engine works great, and player intelligence (again, in general) has improved! Once they iron out these issues and nerf/buff certain things in the ME they've got a great overall game on their hands.

In the mean time I think I might pause my youth academy save until the ME fix and try a 1-2 season thing with a prem team, just because I'm really enjoying this save and want to keep it until things are all ticking all nicely

1 minute ago, MikaelS said:

Cup adventure comes to an end, but we didn't get a beating and I'm proud of the team.

@XaW

b22TX7m.jpg

Only 1 goal conceded against Rosenborg is really good though! Should have brought in some money as well! Nice going!

noD3emR.png

Youth intake 2025

Finally a very good intake with a lot of talented players!

IFrbweh.png

A good personality, talent and stats? Bring on Nathan Keehan 25b!

hmjkEel.png

I really like the look of Keith Jepson 25f. Left winger is a place I've struggled and he might solve things.

uLFhdA3.png

Image result for fc energie cottbus logo

FC Energie Cottbus 2029/30 Season Review

League Table   Facilities   Finances

Summary

My start to the league campain was pretty poor, with 1 win and 4 losses in 5 games, but through the season I managed to improve my form and hang in there with the top 3. Thanks to some brilliant form at the back end of the season getting 29 points from a possible 36 I finished 2nd avoiding the playoffs and getting automatically promoted to the Bundesliga. The DFB Pokal was pretty uneventful, getting knocked out in the 3rd round by Bundesliga opposition for the 3rd year running. Facilities are continually being upgraded and thanks to the promotion money won't be too much of an issue.

Youth Intake

My youth intake this year was kinda dissappointing bar a few prospects, mainly a 5 star potential striker that is sorely needed in the squad.

Eduard Klinsmann 30A    Jonathan Hauptmann 30E

First Team

Martschinkowski   Broschinski      

Heinrich 25D   Thomas 26K   Bartles 27A   Freiwald

Stein          Buchenauer   Flugel 25A      Watzke 26I

Reiniger

dc78dfd8c2df9bda8476a053e0089b60.png

XaW - Stratford Town - 2024/25

noD3emR.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Two seasons close to promotion, so the goal was to push into it this season. We still are very inconsistent, probably due to all the youngsters playing, so we are losing matches we should win. The season started very good and we only two of our first 15 league games. Going into the midway of the season we had some runs of poor form and dropped quite a bit down the table. However, we had a bit of an upswing towards the end of the season, and actually managed to finish on 7th, and inside the playoff spots! It cut close and it went down to the final day again, but this time we didn't waste it and won the final match away to Southport. In the playoff 1st round we got an away match versus FC United. Unfortunately, they got the better of us and knocked us out. We are improving though, so I still have hope!

In the FA Cup we had a bit of a run after the draws were very kind to us. We beat Barwell, Lowestoft Town, Solihull Moors, Gloucester City and Curzon Ashton before losing to Newcastle in the 3rd round. Unfortunately, draws like this doesn't give as much as they used to, as we only netted about £200k. In the FA Trophy we lost against King's Lynn Town in the 3rd qualifying round.

We had a really good youth intake with Nathan Keehan 25b and Keith Jepson 25f as the brightest talents.

The leading players this season have been Nabil ShariffJames Hancocks and Steve Ross.

DJu4sfJ.png

@OneManSnipezThat's some serious progress. Time to start gunning for those European tickets.

How do you find the minimum age limit has it bothered you at all? It's something that always held me back from trying Germany, but maybe I should get over it.

Edited by Jintro

18 minutes ago, Jintro said:

@OneManSnipezThat's some serious progress. Time to start gunning for those European tickets.

How do you find the minimum age limit has it bothered you at all? It's something that always held me back from trying Germany, but maybe I should get over it.

It was annoying at the start because what I was getting in my intakes was already good enough to be in the squad, but after a season or 2 it didn't really bother me

2 hours ago, schnauzer said:

I don't doubt that - in general the match engine works great, and player intelligence (again, in general) has improved! Once they iron out these issues and nerf/buff certain things in the ME they've got a great overall game on their hands.

In the mean time I think I might pause my youth academy save until the ME fix and try a 1-2 season thing with a prem team, just because I'm really enjoying this save and want to keep it until things are all ticking all nicely

I think there is a new update available now, with ME changes, so your prayers might have been answered.