Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Winter Transfer Update out now. All the details including a changelist can be found here:

Still disappointed because Asian Champions League and Asian Confederations Cup bugs still not fixed in the 19.3.0 update. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:53, deaks500 said:

Ill start with the usual ive played every iteration of the game since it started, in fact the 1st manager game i played was Kevin Thomas manager on the ZX Spectrum. My feedback on the game is that i love it - it may have flaws and infuriate people with match engine  issues and other bits and bobs and bugs  - but no other game in the world had ever had be immersed to the point where its like a 2nd job where ive sunk hundereds of hours into it and non of it feels wasted.

I have too, and I remember Kevin Toms as well. When that became a success, a lot of companies started doing Football Manager games on the Spectrum. Especially Gremlin or was it Cult, cant remember.

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:56, BnadnerB said:

Hi all,

Just wondering how long it takes each of you to play a whole season on FM.

I remember the days when it was between 8-12 hours, but now personally it is 30+ hours per season.

IMO it looks like FM19 may bring these times down slightly as it looks more streamlined with the new features.

,Well I just been stuff 4-1 so yes they have. Lol.

I think, early opinion, game speed has been improved.
I run only two leagues now (Scotland Championship and Premiership) with 19.3.
In 19.2.3 (same leagues) the game was a little bit slower.

43 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

I think, early opinion, game speed has been improved.
I run only two leagues now (Scotland Championship and Premiership) with 19.3.
In 19.2.3 (same leagues) the game was a little bit slower.

I have 135 leagues and played 6 hours from season 1 (2 league games) and it is faster.

Hey guys in a bit of a rush so i cant exactly look at the replies but I opted for the public beta and used it on my current save a couple weeks ago. I've logged into steam and can't see no updates regarding the 19.3 release. I've gone to properties and opted out the beta and still nothing has happened, can someone help for when I come back, much appreciated thanks. 

1 hour ago, cengiz said:

good evening, football fans .. my question is short and painless. Will there be another patch or was it the last patch? The FM 18 I had left out then, I would like to buy the current now, if it is the last patch. At the moment I am still playing the FM17 and am in the year 2051

push

1 hour ago, cengiz said:

good evening, football fans .. my question is short and painless. Will there be another patch or was it the last patch? The FM 18 I had left out then, I would like to buy the current now, if it is the last patch. At the moment I am still playing the FM17 and am in the year 2051

Unless there are any issues that affect the game playability that would be hotfixed, this will be the last update.

27 minutos atrás, BigV disse:

Hey guys in a bit of a rush so i cant exactly look at the replies but I opted for the public beta and used it on my current save a couple weeks ago. I've logged into steam and can't see no updates regarding the 19.3 release. I've gone to properties and opted out the beta and still nothing has happened, can someone help for when I come back, much appreciated thanks. 

Restart Steam, access the game page and see if you have an update pending, etc. If nothing works clear Steam's cache (Google about it, sorry not giving specific instructions I haven't done it myself).

6 minutes ago, cengiz said:

thank u my friend, when will this hotfix come?

A hotfix would come if any major issues are uncovered. There are no plans currently for further updates/patches.

13 minutes ago, Mons said:

A hotfix would come if any major issues are uncovered. There are no plans currently for further updates/patches.

thanks, did not understand it in the first post by fratzl

Obviously we have to start a new save to get the CA/PA changes, but will my existing save benefit from the bug fixes?

I'm specifically concerned about players asking for new contracts all the time.

29 minutes ago, chad2192 said:

Obviously we have to start a new save to get the CA/PA changes, but will my existing save benefit from the bug fixes?

I'm specifically concerned about players asking for new contracts all the time.

Only changes that involve the database will require a new save- all other fixes will be implemented on your current save.

36 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

strikers behave much better. The only way to know is to try it though. You ask 100 people this question on this forum and you will get 100 different answers. 

True. But I'm mainly asking if people are seeing actual through balls and goals through the middle much more regularly in game? Which I'm sure is something most can testament to. Especially from the people here that considered it an issue previously.

Edited by MatthewS17

35 minutes ago, dongjianjian1 said:

Why is Kalidou Koulibaly only 187 centimeters height?

Because apparently that's how tall he is IRL - it's become an object of confusion/something of an internet thing now as to actually how tall he really is, people have been changing the wikipedia page etc. :) 

Fifa has him at 187 too I believe (haven't got it so cannot confirm).

16 минут назад, Sparky_07 сказал:

Any reason why Solskjaer and Mike Phelan not at Man United?

They are in Man Utd in DB 19.3

p.s. Because you are Managing: Manchester United :p

Edited by Novem9

Having seen the beta versions of 19.3 i was a bit worried, but this version looks excellent so far.

Some good movement, nice first touches, good through balls with the ball being zipped about quite nicely.

Set pieces remain strong, but they are in real life.

Processing between matches seems quicker which is always welcome.

Looking forward to a massive save until FM20!

42 minutes ago, Sparky_07 said:

I have noticed, once you take over Manchester United, both Ole and Phelan return back to their clubs :(

As they would do, if Man Utd appointed another manager full time right now.

Still getting players with high vision, passing and technique unable to take a shot, pass into the box or cross a ball without kicking it into the defenders legs 2 yards away from him, not nearly as much as previously but still stupid amounts, also far too many shots hitting the woodwork and too many penalties.

Seemed the ME is more balanced.. but i hope SI dosent leave the ME like this like this stage in the year and only tweet the ME in FM 20..

I very hope that SI can give us in a month of two another patch with small tweets to the ME.

1 hour ago, haffaz77 said:

What is my defender doing ?  How can the striker be on the ball first ? And again ... wide shots are so op . My opponent is a team from 6th German league !!! 

e6871858b8b097f296b9030743de0b39.gif

That's what I hate this year. Centrla defenders hold their position; doesn't matter if the attacker is going behind their back.

Edited by Guest

Also, doesn't matter if you have DL/DR or ML/MR or AMR/AML. You can defend pretty well without wingers. If you add wingers for more stability then in attacking phase (not in counter phase) wingers and forwards doing nothing. The space between lines in attacking phase is TOO FAR away, which make your side to do more direct passes and boom. You lost the ball. The line between MID and ATT is killing the game. Gave us that option to create our space between lines, please. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Cadoni:

That's what I hate this year. Centrla defenders hold their position; doesn't matter if the attacker is going behind their back.

I find the long range shots much worse. Shooting from outside the box seems to be one of the best chances for scoring. Even players who don't have very good ratings for it regularly score from a distance. That also results in central midfielders scoring way too many goals. The problem has been known long enough. Why has nothing been changed? Or don't SI see that as a problem and think it's realistic?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, derTuchel said:

I find the range shots much worse. Shooting from outside the box seems to be one of the best chances for scoring. Even players who don't have very good ratings for it regularly score from a distance. That also results in central midfielders scoring way too many goals. The problem has been known long enough. Why has nothing been changed? Or don't SI see that as a problem and think it's realistic?

The formation of 4-3-3 is not going to work, because the game has a problem in patient attacking phase; not in counter attack. I am completely frustrated when I am playing beautiful game from defence to midfiled and then NOTHING. Doesn't matter the formation or players or PI or player roles. They don't involve in our attack, waiting the ball without a movement.

Again, the main problem is we don't have the option to close the space between lines. That's the answer to most of our problems.

2 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Again, the main problem is we don't have the option to close the space between lines. That's the answer to most of our problems.

More support duties upfront? Lower mentalities?

5 minutes ago, Mitja said:

More support duties upfront? Lower mentalities?

Have you watched full games? With different formations, mentalities etc? It's the same. Look the build up.

29 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

The roles are specific to what you use, if that guy was cover he wouldn't be there. Tbh they're unlucky imo cause he's gone for a wonder goal and its worked in their favour

2 minutes ago, BigV said:

The roles are specific to what you use, if that guy was cover he wouldn't be there. Tbh they're unlucky imo cause he's gone for a wonder goal and its worked in their favour

Again, the problem is not in PI or roles. The problem is they hold their positions like "Kepa Style" (no, I am not going there). lol

23 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

The formation of 4-3-3 is not going to work, because the game has a problem in patient attacking phase; not in counter attack. I am completely frustrated when I am playing beautiful game from defence to midfiled and then NOTHING. Doesn't matter the formation or players or PI or player roles. They don't involve in our attack, waiting the ball without a movement.

Wasn't the update supposed to fix this?

39 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

If we're being overly technical though, one would say the defender didn't want to commit, and opted to get goal side of the forward, and push him wide. He just went for a first timer gamble, and it worked.

5 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Again, the problem is not in PI or roles. The problem is they hold their positions like "Kepa Style" (no, I am not going there). lol

When you say hold position you're referring to keeping with the defensive line or blatantly not closing down when given the oppertunity to? I had a similar problem at the start but lindelof grew into the cover and bailly into stopper and he closed down when needed to but caught ouy on some occasions where lindelof had his back. Roles are important so id suggest to watch more games and see if it happens often and if it does bug report it