Where do you hover your cursor?

I used to do it and be superstitious. One season, I decided to stop it and won the Premiership and Champions League.

The lesson is: hovering your cursor does jack. :)

I keep it to the left away from the pitch, under Split View in the menu and above the sliders though, so it's not getting in the way of anything.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hold the mousepointer firmly towards the opposition goal. It actually seems to help my posession.

During penalties for my team, I hold the pointer towards one of the corners of the goal. For penalties against I hold the pointer way up in the stands :D

• 3 weeks later...

I used to hover over the timeline thing at the bottom of the 3d match screen, so I could manually replay goals quickly, however I just signed (Brazillian) Ronaldo for my Celtic team so have started viewing matches while hovering over the tactic screen button for when the inevitable green injury cross appears next to his name so I can sub him off quick:)

This isn't remotely insane compared to the lengths that some people go through.

There are people who play the CL music before each european game, and wear a suit on final day (You know who you are!)

*lol*. I don't do either of those but I do do some stupid things :D Like interviewing myself on the toilet..

Anyway my mouse is usually on my other screen, I have 2 monitors so I have the FM game going in one whilst keeping a friend updated on progress via MSN on the other!

• 1 year later...

I always put mine over the Match Controls button at the bottom, then slide it directly down and off the screen.

Not really a superstition, though. It's mostly just to avoid having it hovering over the pitch, or any other information.

I have my player stats on the bottom left of the screen, and have the cursor just below that. I don't like the cursor on the pitch.

I've also been doing a variation of this since the very first FM / CM all those years ago.

In the early days when playing the game with friends, if we had a fixture against each other, arguments would rage about where the cursor would sit. In the end it was decided that the home side would choose.

I have my cursor hovering over the pause button. The pointer has to be at the centre of the pause and aligned at the top. My superstition started because I allowed a goal in a CL Semi-Final, a huge mistake by my Centreback, while the mouse wasn't hovering there, which led to a loss... THE HORROR!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Not related to FM, but related to hovering the cursor. When I first started playing City of Heroes, I used to hover the mouse over one of the female superhoroes breasts that was on the loading screen because I was immature and found it funny...

Mine is always in the back of the oppositions net, as encouragement to my team as to where to stick the ball!

Back when the first 2D match view came out, I used to shout at the screen and hover my mouse in a ferocious manner over the opponent teams goal lol.

Not related to FM, but related to hovering the cursor. When I first started playing City of Heroes, I used to hover the mouse over one of the female superhoroes breasts that was on the loading screen because I was immature and found it funny...

Ahahaha Lol. :D

Bet it was something other than funny. :p

Back in CM2, I remember me and a mate used to hover the mouse cursor at the "possession bar" and moving it back and forth to try and push the bar to "our side". Obviously it had no effect, but sometimes it felt like it did. :D

These days I don't hover it anywhere. I usually play windowed and 'tab' to some browser window or movie or something while games play in text-mode. I sometimes get the feeling that the opposition always score the very second I 'tab' back to the game though. :p

Archived