• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, AEJ said:

---Fixed incorrect South American entrant to Club World Championship

Do I have to start a new game for this specific correction to work?

A new game will be needed in order for this fix to work.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

what processors were affected? my game seems faster, didn't really realise

Older generation / slower ones generally speaking would have noticed it more than newer and faster models.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, rainsong said:

In 17.3.0 updates, while it's not mentioned in the changelog, there's changes in regen/newgen faces, making hairpack created for 17.0-17.2.1 incompatible, and instead making hairpack created for fm16 compatible.

So will there be change again for the 17.3.1 patch?

The changes listed are the changes in the patch. There are no plans for further updates.

hello guys , ı wonder if it is bug or not. Second half fixture is not ranked respectively just as 1st half fixture.( spain )
 I had raised an issue about bundesliga fixture , apparently it is solved. Thank you for your interest  

FİXTURE1-horz.jpg

39 minutes ago, ceta96 said:

hello guys , ı wonder if it is bug or not. Second half fixture is not ranked respectively just as 1st half fixture.( spain )
 I had raised an issue about bundesliga fixture , apparently it is solved. Thank you for your interest  

FİXTURE1-horz.jpg

If you think that this is a bug, please raise it in the relevant sub forum of the FM 17 Bugs forum.

Is there no way to make this update save-compatible? This is not a game you play casually, we can't just start a new save whenever you guys fix the issues with the half-baked product you released in November (that was 4 months ago!).

6 minutes ago, Laurefinwe said:

Is there no way to make this update save-compatible? This is not a game you play casually, we can't just start a new save whenever you guys fix the issues with the half-baked product you released in November (that was 4 months ago!).

If the SI guys could, they would have made it save compatible. :)

It's the usual thing for issues like these not to be save compatible though, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, gmilitao_scr said:

The Brazilian Cup still bugged... :(

3 hours ago, Guilherme Cordeiro said:

When Brazilian's cup will be corrected??

SI said that they are looking into why it is the way it is.

47 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If the SI guys could, they would have made it save compatible. :)

It's the usual thing for issues like these not to be save compatible though, unfortunately.

I supposed so :( 

Maybe paying a little more attention before FM18's release to those competition-related bugs can avoid all these troubles and frustration we're having. I mean, for example, the Uruguayan Primera División had the same bug on the release version of FM16 than it had in this FM17 one (I played over 1600 hours with that FM16 release version and all its bugs in an only save, and plan to do the same with FM17), I feel it was something that could have been avoided by looking more closely to last edition(s) bugs during the testing.

this don't fix the top issues people are reporting over a week in the league issues in Brazil, Brazil Cup still wrong, state championships not fix, even telling that it is..

and now, no hope to play fm 17 anymore, with no fix for that..

Just now, rogi00 said:

this don't fix the top issues people are reporting over a week in the league issues in Brazil, Brazil Cup still wrong, state championships not fix, even telling that it is..

and now, no hope to play fm 17 anymore, with no fix for that..

You're assuming it takes a week to find the issue, then fix it and still test it as well. SI said they are looking into the cause, so please let them do that.

is it me or is the sort by function broken since 17.3? like i sort my squad screen by position, look at a players profile, go back and it's defaulted to being sorted by different criteria. quite annoying.

other than that, enjoying the game a lot atm.

Edited by mattycarp

3 minutes ago, Loversleaper said:

What about fixing the Players on Loan who are still playing matches for the parent club..

You mean they're playing for the reserve teams of the parent club?

5 minutes ago, Loversleaper said:

What about fixing the Players on Loan who are still playing matches for the parent club

I doubt that's a bug. Is there a clause in the player's loan contract that states he can still play reserve/youth matches for his parent club?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Harpoon76 said:

Post Brexit (in 2021) player report:

Dgnu1T7l.png

Pro : Counts towards squad registration (domestic)

Con : Counts towards squad registration (domestic)

Perhaps I'm being dim, but is that good or bad?  Or both?

I'd suggest raising it on the bugs forum. Thanks. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, mattycarp said:

is it me or is the sort by function broken since 17.3? like i sort my squad screen by position, look at a players profile, go back and it's defaulted to being sorted by different criteria. quite annoying.

other than that, enjoying the game a lot atm.

If you could please raise this on our UI forum the team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/516-user-interface-issues/

Thanks. 

35 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I doubt that's a bug. Is there a clause in the player's loan contract that states he can still play reserve/youth matches for his parent club?

I didn't think that could be a possibility, if it is possible then we are talking about a logistical nightmare apart from the fact that you are paying wages towards a very tired player who is basically unusable. I probably didn't notice it because I didn't think it could be a possibility. Should this be possible...? 

20 minutes ago, Loversleaper said:

I didn't think that could be a possibility, if it is possible then we are talking about a logistical nightmare apart from the fact that you are paying wages towards a very tired player who is basically unusable. I probably didn't notice it because I didn't think it could be a possibility. Should this be possible...? 

No, IMO its a bug.

At a guess maybe the parent team flagged the player as available for reserves and the loan didn't remove the flag.

This video explains even better the problems and contradictions of this game. Actions taken from the same match, I also took the .pkm if it were to be useful:

Is it normal that Dybala drag the ball off the field without being pressed strongly?

Is it normal that we have the possibility to set the throw-ins but these are almost always random? The goal conceded can be accepted because it scored CR7, what isn't good is everything else. 

You can see that the corner routines are completely random, and these erroneous routines almost always leave a free man at the far post. Obviously this man entirely alone is always one of the two opponents CBs, not the dwarf on duty... You know the problem already for some time but haven't it solved, why?

0:48 min, there isn't only the problem of random throw-ins, why a player completely alone can't stop a simple ball and must use compulsorily the head? It is embarassing...

Min 1:07, look Clyne's behavior. He is set with the instruction "close down less" and  team's instruction in closing down is set to "sometimes". Please explain why he must go to close a player already pressed, in a position anything but dangerous... Indeed I will explain the reason for this: this year set individual and team closing down is completely useless because players always go to press the man with the ball, they look like children chasing the ball. In football fortunately there is the concept of PLAY FOR TIME or TEMPORIZE, it seems you have completely forgotten this little detail...

Then you can enjoy the pinball style action (min: 02:59) which ends with the classic cross hit the target, why did a player in the flanks with the opponent in front should pass the ball it back? Or you can see Weigl's and Ramsey's decisions at 2:20 and 3:37 minutes, that's cool! 

Let me be clear one aspect: I'm not complaining for the wrong decisions or bad shots, I lament for things totally meaningless that in this game shouldn't be in 2017. But as evidenced by the new behavior this year on closing down, this game is worsening rather than improving.

Edited by Dave1990

13 minutes ago, Dave1990 said:

This video explains even better the problems and contradictions of this game. Actions taken from the same match, I also took the .pkm if it were to be useful:

Is it normal that Dybala drag the ball off the field without being pressed strongly?

Is it normal that we have the possibility to set the throw-ins but these are almost always random? The goal conceded can be accepted because it scored CR7, what isn't good is everything else. 

You can see that the corner routines are completely random, and these erroneous routines almost always leave a free man at the far post. Obviously this man entirely alone is always one of the two opponents CBs, not the dwarf on duty... You know the problem already for some time but haven't it solved, why?

0:48 min, there isn't only the problem of random throw-ins, why a player completely alone can't stop a simple ball and must use compulsorily the head? It is embarassing...

Min 1:07, look Clyne's behavior. He is set with the instruction "close down less" and  team's instruction in closing down is set to "sometimes". Please explain why he must go to close a player already pressed, in a position anything but dangerous... Indeed I will explain the reason for this: this year set individual and team closing down is completely useless because players always go to press the man with the ball, they look like children chasing the ball. In football fortunately there is the concept of PLAY FOR TIME or TEMPORIZE, it seems you have completely forgotten this little detail...

Then you can enjoy the pinball style action (min: 02:59) which ends with the classic cross hit the target, why did a player in the flanks with the opponent in front should pass the ball it back? Or you can see Weigl's and Ramsey's decisions at 2:20 and 3:37 minutes, that's cool! 

Let me be clear one aspect: I'm not complaining for the wrong decisions or bad shots, I lament for things totally meaningless that in this game shouldn't be in 2017. But as evidenced by the new behavior this year on closing down, this game is worsening rather than improving.

Some of the incidents in that video are laughably poor, tbf

Since FM 14 the Brazilian Cup has problems. Not a single year has SI done it the right way

Play FM15 now and wou will see the Libertadores teams playing the first round of the Brazilian Cup. Not only that, you will see big team playing each other in the first round

If you play 16, the preliminary round Libertadores teams  do play the Brazilian Cup since the beginning. But at least the bigger teams did not play each other from the gecko

HOWEVER in FM17 the brazilian cup is back to what it was in 15. All teams play from the beginning, bigger teams can play each other right away. But its worse than before, because some minor teams (serie C teams or lower) enter in the quarter finals for some weird reason

People took to long to complain about the competition. Its been going for years

Edited by AEJ

15 minutes ago, AEJ said:

Since FM 14 the Brazilian Cup has problems. Not a single year has SI done it the right way

Play FM15 now and wou will see the Libertadores teams playing the first round of the Brazilian Cup. Not only that, you will see big team playing each other in the first round

If you play 16, the preliminary round Libertadores teams  do play the Brazilian Cup since the beginning. But at least the bigger teams did not play each other from the gecko

HOWEVER in FM17 the brazilian cup is back to what it was in 15. All teams play from the beginning, bigger teams can play each other right away. But its worse than before, because some minor teams (serie C teams or lower) enter in the quarter finals for some weird reason

People took to long to complain about the competition. Its been going for years

Why didn't you submit a bug report about it then?

Just now, tomtjh90 said:

Hey guys I imagine this is the right thread, anyone out there know which players etc have had a CA & PA boost or change? 

There is no such list, but have a look here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/22-good-player-team-guide/

They may have a discussion thread where CA/PA changes will have been brought up.

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

what update of FM17 is the video from... what were the attributes, roles, instructions, formations, mentality, shape... of every player in the game?

It's a game that I played Tuesday, so with the patch 3.0, I played with 4-1-2-3 with the wingers as well as my opponent. 

My team: Rulli SK/de "pass it shorter" "distribuite to fb" "roll it out" "slow pace down"  - Clyne WB/a "close down less" "pass it shorter" - Gimenez CD/de "close down much less" "pass it shorter" - Laporte CD/de "close down much less" "pass it shorter" - Grimaldo CWB/su "Close down less" "pass it shorter" - Weigl DLP/De "Dribble less" "Pass it shorter" "Close down less"  - Kramer BBM "move into channels" "Get further forward"  - Ramsey CM/at "More risky passes" "Move into channels" - Sarabia IF-Su "close down more" "get further forward"- Douglas Costa W/a "close down more" - Welbeck CF/s "More direct passes" "Close down much more"

Team's instructions: Control, Width balanced, defensive line normal, closing down sometimes, prevent short gk distribution, play out defense, be more expressive, look for overlap, wipped crosses. Team shape: very fluid.

As you can see is a very simple tactic without conceptual errors, but with this match engine can't function. With this match engine work very well tactics senseless and packed with contradictions, such as Raw Sienna 3-5-1-1, very high tempo with passing directness set to "shorter passing" is a very serious mistake for example, to not mention the closing down set in an abominable manner, but being all so random the problem doesn't exist. 

The problem with Brazilian Cup is that teams competing in Libertadores are entering in the first phase, while IRL they only enter in the quarterfinals (11 teams join the competition in the quarterfinals). Some tiny clubs are randomly entering the competition in the quarterfinals, a very unrealistic thing. Big clubs face each other in the early stages, and quarterfinals get lots of teams from fourth division or below.

This needs to be corrected in some way.

14 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You're assuming it takes a week to find the issue, then fix it and still test it as well. SI said they are looking into the cause, so please let them do that.

this issue is since 17.1, if you can't understand that we can be mad at this, you should not be mod, FM players are loyals, and i'm one, 10 years buying this game, helping the community, i'm sorry but how can i still trust the game if a big issue in this version it's not fix, how i will put my trust in FM 18? because i can't remember when they release a 17.3.2, anyway, i still hope that they release a fix for this

Please fix the Brazilian cup bug for this version, without it Brazilian Calendary is a mess (more than normal)

It is 91 teams (that is already correct and the classification criterious too)

What should be solved:

1st stage with 80 teams, for the draw have 10 pots with 8 teams by brazilian ranking (FM do not have BR ranking so you can use the reputation to define). The first round is like that:

1x5

4x8

2x6

3x7

They are 10 "groupings" like that, so one team just could face a team of the same pot in fourth stage.

1st stage 80 teams, 2nd 40 teams, 3rd 20 teams,

4th 10 teams (in this stage there is another draw to define the matches)

In 5º stage 11 teams (8 from Libertadores, 1 Brazilian second division last year champion, 1 Northeast cup last year champion 1 green cup last year champion) join the 5 remaining for round of 16, in this stage there is another draw with 2 pots (pot 1 with 8 from Libertadores and pot 2 with 5 remaining teams and second division,northeast cup and green cup champions)

In 6o stage (Quarterfinals) there is another draw to define the matches and semi-finals too.

I think the problem with Brazilian Cup is the variable amount of clubs competing in Libertadores annually. It may vary from 7 to 9 clubs depending on the results of Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana of the previous year.

A solution may be exempt from the 4 initial stages the Brazilian clubs qualified for Libertadores and other well ranked clubs in a way it always sum up to 11 clubs.

1 hour ago, F J said:

Please fix the Brazilian cup bug for this version, without it Brazilian Calendary is a mess (more than normal)

It is 91 teams (that is already correct and the classification criterious too)

What should be solved:

1st stage with 80 teams, for the draw have 10 pots with 8 teams by brazilian ranking (FM do not have BR ranking so you can use the reputation to define). The first round is like that:

1x5

4x8

2x6

3x7

They are 10 "groupings" like that, so one team just could face a team of the same pot in fourth stage.

1st stage 80 teams, 2nd 40 teams, 3rd 20 teams,

4th 10 teams (in this stage there is another draw to define the matches)

In 5º stage 11 teams (8 from Libertadores, 1 Brazilian second division last year champion, 1 Northeast cup last year champion 1 green cup last year champion) join the 5 remaining for round of 16, in this stage there is another draw with 2 pots (pot 1 with 8 from Libertadores and pot 2 with 5 remaining teams and second division,northeast cup and green cup champions)

In 6o stage (Quarterfinals) there is another draw to define the matches and semi-finals too.

Hopefully that problems will be fixed in the next days... It's a major issue in brazilian's saves

On 3/8/2017 at 19:17, Lucas Weatherby said:

The changes listed are the changes in the patch. There are no plans for further updates.

Doesn't look likely from what Lucas has said :( 

Totally agree with @Dave1990
Playing online this year is simply frustrating. The amount of 'random' is too high than standard. 
FM17 online it's become like: 'everyone can win a match without know nothing about Football Manager's system or Football in real life'. 
For example: building a tactics  with opposite instructions are ALWAYS better than tactics with a good style of building. Without considering the same gol (cross, cross, cross, again cross, maybe a free kick, maybe a corner, cross, cross, again cross) or the same stupid decisions like dave's post. 

So the questions is: 'Why you don't want to listen the community? The game had and have a lot o big problems on online'. Waiting FM 18 it's too late for the patience of the people.

9 hours ago, Slates84 said:

Doesn't look likely from what Lucas has said :( 

If this happen I sincerely will quit with FM and Research Team, I worke since 2008 (FOR FREE) helping to editing and improve Brazilian database (one of the biggest of game), I use almost all of my free time to do researcher work and now when I finally can play a little (because probably FM18 research begins this month or next) they release a patch with bug and even with all the comments about Copa do Brasil bug, they don't fix, it's frustrating

11 minutes ago, F J said:

If this happen I sincerely will quit with FM and Research Team, I worke since 2008 (FOR FREE) helping to editing and improve Brazilian database (one of the biggest of game), I use almost all of my free time to do researcher work and now when I finally can play a little (because probably FM18 research begins this month or next) they release a patch with bug and even with all the comments about Copa do Brasil bug, they don't fix, it's frustrating

I understand you very well, a bit like when you lose hours of your life by reporting bugs and then they stay where they are. Then they complain when one loses patience...