Football Manager Touch 2017 Feedback Thread

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bugsyuk said:

When we buy the PC version I see were getting a free version of the FM touch, forgive me for being a bit dim here but  this free version of touch can it be used for a Samsung tablet.

It's for PC, Mac and Linux only.

FMT for tablets is a separate product.

Never played the classic / Touch version before this, but gave it a quick go on my MacBook Pro last night. Couple of things.

1. Is there are a way to remove the micro-transaction buttons from the game? For example the 'Buy Magic Sponge' button on the injury news item, and the 'Buy Lifetime Contract' on the player action dropdown etc. Totally breaks immersion.
  2. Attribute highlighting - I always change the 16+ attributes to be yellow in the main game to make them stand out. I find the attributes in the Touch skin harder to distinguish from one another anyway (rest of the skin is very slick though), so would really appreciate the ability to do this here too!

Thanks.

I know this as been asked already but could someone please clarify this for me. When you try to sign a player, sometimes the player asks for a few promises before they enter negotiations. Is this a bug because earlier on in this thread someone said that there are no where to see what promises you've made. If you fail to fulfill these promises, will the player fall out with you or do they forget that you made them. If they do count as promises like on full fat, do you have to remember what promises you've made to each player, with there been no screen to review them all.

Sorry if i'm being a bit thick or if this as already been answer somewhere already. Really enjoying the beta FMT.

without a promise review screen though. How do you know how long you've got to complete the promise. Also, I had one player who i tried to sign ask for a improvement in coaching. Does that mean he wants me to get a new assistant or improve the training ground

I have a question...why are some stats not shown in FMT that are in the full game?  Like when you go to look at team stats for the league there are some that are missing in FMT.  I know FMT is more streamlined but would those extra stats, that are still used in media reports and such, really make it less streamlined?  I like being able to look at wages of the teams, or possession % or whatever.  I know I can find net transfer spending on the transfer page, so that something at least.

13 hours ago, KevMS84 said:

I have a question...why are some stats not shown in FMT that are in the full game?  Like when you go to look at team stats for the league there are some that are missing in FMT.  I know FMT is more streamlined but would those extra stats, that are still used in media reports and such, really make it less streamlined?  I like being able to look at wages of the teams, or possession % or whatever.  I know I can find net transfer spending on the transfer page, so that something at least.

I already made a request for the possession stat to be included in future FMT. Maybe you can echo my request and also add in whatever you like to see in the future.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 15:02, OldTimer said:

I know this as been asked already but could someone please clarify this for me. When you try to sign a player, sometimes the player asks for a few promises before they enter negotiations. Is this a bug because earlier on in this thread someone said that there are no where to see what promises you've made. If you fail to fulfill these promises, will the player fall out with you or do they forget that you made them. If they do count as promises like on full fat, do you have to remember what promises you've made to each player, with there been no screen to review them all.

Sorry if i'm being a bit thick or if this as already been answer somewhere already. Really enjoying the beta FMT.

Yes the promises matter, I've just had a very promising youngster request a transfer because I broke a "will play from the bench promise" despite him making about 20 sub appearances in the previous season.

1 hour ago, fletch0907 said:

I have a compatible tablet and I preordered FMT a few days ago getting a steam key. Redeemed it on my computer but it won't let me download it via the steam app on my iPad. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Unfortunately, you can run the PC version of FMT on the tablet. You can only purchase FMT on the tablet through app store that is relevant to that tablet, i.e Google play store or Apple app store. 

It's out now and here is the link 

http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-touch-2017

Couple issues on the iOS version basically if you instant result a game after I like too look at the match report but nothing comes up at all. It's a blank screen

When you keep your finger on a player too bring up all different options it's not flush like normal As seen below. 

The match engine is not as quick as FM touch 2016 on iPad Air 2 and some times is not recognising when I press a too make a sub ect.

IMG_0738.PNG

On 11/1/2016 at 06:44, shirajzl said:

On tablets you can only run 3 leagues (nations, that is) at the same time. The rest is the same, I believe.

There are at least a few more differences (though most of these are from FM16, so not sure if they've changed)

- You can't watch games in full detail. Comprehensive is the max.

- You can't go back to previous games for analysis. You can see stats of previous games, and that's it.

On iPad, when I create my manager, I don't get an option to edit the face, or even generate a random one. The one I get is the one I get.

However, it doesn't seem to even use the given face in the UI. It's a black silhouette. I would at least like the option to use a picture ...

5 hours ago, PeeDub said:

On iPad, when I create my manager, I don't get an option to edit the face, or even generate a random one. The one I get is the one I get.

However, it doesn't seem to even use the given face in the UI. It's a black silhouette. I would at least like the option to use a picture ...

Same problem here. How can I add a picture?

On my iPad Pro 9.7 with iOS 9.3.2 FMT has crashed three times now mid-match when I try to make substitutions or tactic changes. It's quite frustrating so far. I haven't even been able to get through one full match. Also, no other apps running when I have had the crashes and I've also restarted the iPad. Anyone else having this problem?

12 minutes ago, Curtneedsaride said:

On my iPad Pro 9.7 with iOS 9.3.2 FMT has crashed three times now mid-match when I try to make substitutions or tactic changes. It's quite frustrating so far. I haven't even been able to get through one full match. Also, no other apps running when I have had the crashes and I've also restarted the iPad. Anyone else having this problem?

It's like it's been rushed for release far too many bugs at the Moment on iOS 

A couple of things that are upsetting about FMT:

- No data analyst staff position

- No opposition pre-match scouting report 

- No ability to see emphasis of attacks in reports 

- Skinning issues / bugs

Feels a little rushed guys.  Not as bad as last year though.  Match engine is SUPERB however... So I'm a bit torn! 

Anyone else suffering with players being unhappy straight off?  Just literally loaded up my first game as West Ham manager and straight away got bids for Sakho and Antonio.  Turned both down and they are unhappy.  Now Sakho IRL obviously has some issues that no-one seems to know about but in the game I would have hoped as a new manager the slate would be wiped clean especially as I have un transfer listed him.  Just seems a bit harsh that straight off I have two unhappy players because I won't let them go and obviously with FMT not being talk to player based it seems I can't even talk them round.

Also I still can't believe that the assistant manager automatically chooses OI's before a match, and that you have to manually disable them EVERY SINGLE TIME.  If I wanted the AI to do that I wouldn't mind, but why on earth would I? Most of the time it does insanely dumb things like closing down all the speedy wingers leaving us totally vulnerable.

Come on guys. This has been an issue since 16...

17 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Anyone else suffering with players being unhappy straight off?  Just literally loaded up my first game as West Ham manager and straight away got bids for Sakho and Antonio.  Turned both down and they are unhappy.  Now Sakho IRL obviously has some issues that no-one seems to know about but in the game I would have hoped as a new manager the slate would be wiped clean especially as I have un transfer listed him.  Just seems a bit harsh that straight off I have two unhappy players because I won't let them go and obviously with FMT not being talk to player based it seems I can't even talk them round.

Put an asking price on anyone with a "WNT" symbol next to their name. This keeps most clubs from bidding. The only player I had a problem with was Payet, who only saw that Real Madrid were interested and even though they did not bid he first talked to me about wanting to go, I told him no, then he handed in a transfer request, then I tried to sell him for 30mn, then 26mn, then 23.5mn his value but they didn't want him and he got injured couple of days before deadline day and was out for 5 months. I am at the moment in November and he withdrew the request but until he is fit again the Winter Transfer Window will open up and he might start again.

14 hours ago, bababooey said:

Also I still can't believe that the assistant manager automatically chooses OI's before a match, and that you have to manually disable them EVERY SINGLE TIME.  If I wanted the AI to do that I wouldn't mind, but why on earth would I? Most of the time it does insanely dumb things like closing down all the speedy wingers leaving us totally vulnerable.

Come on guys. This has been an issue since 16...

None of the crucial things a lot of us have been asking for the past year haven't been changed/fixed, like auto OIs, auto tutoring etc. It's really disappointing.

2 hours ago, tyro said:

Put an asking price on anyone with a "WNT" symbol next to their name. This keeps most clubs from bidding. The only player I had a problem with was Payet, who only saw that Real Madrid were interested and even though they did not bid he first talked to me about wanting to go, I told him no, then he handed in a transfer request, then I tried to sell him for 30mn, then 26mn, then 23.5mn his value but they didn't want him and he got injured couple of days before deadline day and was out for 5 months. I am at the moment in November and he withdrew the request but until he is fit again the Winter Transfer Window will open up and he might start again.

Thanks Tyro.  I tried something that might have worked.  I simply offered Sakho a new contract.  He had three clauses that he wanted putting in but I deleted them all and just offered him more money.  I am awaiting him to accept but his happiness is now fine and morale is up so I'll see how it goes.  I'll up the asking prices anyway.  There used to be a loophole where with a negotiable offer if you just upped the Clubs offer and they walked away it didn't technically look like you turned it down but both offers for Antonio and Sakho this time around were both not negotiable.

On 06/11/2016 at 22:58, bababooey said:

Also I still can't believe that the assistant manager automatically chooses OI's before a match, and that you have to manually disable them EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I

In fairness, it's simply one click to remove them all. 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In fairness, it's simply one click to remove them all. 

Well no, it's 3 clicks and it's incredibly tedious when you have to do it every single match. They even made it worse this year by increasing the number of clicks, it used to be 2.

Transfer history no longer has a totals line showing total income/expenditure, somewhat annoying and I don't see why it was removed. Transfer history is also no longer retained, you can't see transfer activity from previous seasons.

Anyone else feel that the game is only about making money? I got 6-7 long time injuries on key-players. I believee this is only to get me to pay for getting them injury free. And the "lasagnegate", pay for no transferwindow etc. Just ridiculous!

2 hours ago, Colorado said:

I'm not getting opposition scouting reports despite having a scout allocated.

Might just be coincidence but anyone else seeing a high number of own goals from defenders trying to cut out crosses?

I am getting this too also for some reason defenders also seem too do silly mistakes like run backwards when there is a opposition right behind them and missing headers that are easy too header.

any update on all these crashes people have spoken about? really want to buy the game soon but not if these issues have not been resolved.

also can anyone help, on FMT17 (for a tablet) what is the lowest league you can goto in England?

also any possibility of 3rd party competition editors to add on even lower leagues?

ta

2 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

My feedback so far is:

Too many bugs.

Which is a pity because it has the makings of being an excellent game.

Could you please explain which bugs and report it in the bugs forum?

I've bought all the previous versions of FMT but the one thing keeping me from buying it this year is the continued inability to import FM tactics. I can't seem to see a definitive answer this year as to whether you can now. Can anyone let me know thanks 

Archived