Football Manager Touch 2017 Feedback Thread

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 09:26, Sussex Hammer said:

...Plus I am sorry but I think you have to be a rocket scientist these days to create tactics.  Far too many roles/duties/PI's/TI's which all have a knock on effect so to come up with something that's half decent you either have to be an expert or lucky.

Just my opinion...

This has been my main complaint for many years now: what you have to do to have even occasional success in the game does not relate to how real teams play. It really is not realistic, but there are no alternatives for those of us who love soccer and want to play a text-based soccer management sim. Thank goodness we now have the "can't get fired" option, otherwise the game would be no fun at all for me. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what frustrates me so much.  The team is set up to close down and get stuck in.  All players bar maybe the wide men have high work rate, determination and teamwork and yet not one puts in a challenge, Arsenal just waltz through and score two easy goals with their only chances of the match.  I hit back and batter them but their keeper makes several wonder saves, practically impossible saves,.  Now that's fine but what can you do when your players bizarrely just let the opposition walk through when you set them up to close down and tackle hard and they have the stats to do so.  Haven't got a problem with it if Arsenal bypass a hard press and ride out hard tackles because that is outplaying my strategy but when my players don't carry out my instructions it makes it very much a lottery.

WHU v ARS.jpg

Well, I'm sure you know much, much more about the game's tactical system than I do. If you are able to make these observations, imagine how frustrating things have been through all of the various FM versions for someone like me, a much more casual FM player and a Yank who nevertheless loves to watch and read about the beautiful game.  I used to spend many, many, MANY hours printing out and reading FM tactical guides and tips, until I realized that I was probably spending more time on tactics than real-life managers did, and still was getting results that felt completely random.

At least, if I play in MLS and have the "can't get fired," I don't have to worry about relegation OR getting the chop. :)

On 1/4/2017 at 03:07, Sussex Hammer said:

Fair points Sven - bar maybe that I'm not "always" frustrated and apologise if I always seem maudlin - !!  I do enjoy the game, otherwise I wouldn't have played it for the last 20 odd years it's just that there are frustrations such as the above that I find, well, frustrating!!!

It's not just with downloaded tactics anyway.  Funnily enough I am now currently enjoying another save (with downloaded and a couple of my own tactics I hasten to add) but now have around four that I use for different circumstances and I have changed my approach a bit.  Little things like not going to counter attack when leading 2 or 3 nil because it never works (for me at least) because I always concede.  I either now just keep going or really go totally shut up shop and contain but not until the last 10 minutes or so.  I still haven't really come up with the secret of how to get a goal when you need one though and my teams are certainly better when ahead than they are when behind!

However, my bugbears above aren't just with downloaded tactics.  I did have a save where I literally just tried using roles and duties and mentality.  No TI's or PI's and studied quite a few threads including Cleon's counter attacking and possession threads.  Still the same issues though.  Lots of corners which you don't tend to score from, silly red cards and nuked crosses!!  The thing I notice though is that it's really difficult to see differences.  I have played several matches for instance with different TI's for crossing (ie mixed, low, whipped, floated) and see no difference.  Maybe I am just not very good at seeing what is going on but say I play narrow and short but need a goal so I change to wide and more direct passing, honestly I can see no difference.

In fact when you say about the aggressiveness of downloads, the corners (blocked crosses) issue was actually very evident with one of my own tactics that worked nicely in FM16.  It was actually a defensive mentality with mainly supportive roles so not overly aggressive.  In 17 though crosses are blocked with regularity.  It's not so much the fact that crosses are blocked though it's the fact the players choose to cross when a block is likely rather than dummy the defender or just pull back a pass to the edge of the area.  Take Marcus Rashford against West Ham on Monday.  Shapes to cross, defender commits himself, Rashford dummies and pulls the ball back to the penalty spot.  That's what I would like to see more of.

I'm not saying it's a bad game at all, I just find certain frustrating things can hinder the enjoyment.

On the question of TIs I think it changes the percentages slightly but not as much you would like. I guess having an option of for example focus slightly more down the wings and focus a lot more down the wings same with types of crosses, number of long shots etc might be useful. I guess creative freedom and decision making come into it too. With high creative freedom maybe if they think a high cross is a better plan they'll do it even if you said otherwise. Not exactly sure all the effects of the be more disciplined selection.

• 3 weeks later...

six seasons playing with CSKA and Bulgaria have no progress. I tried anything, but nothing improves. Accidentally I read a post about a game of counterattack 4-1-4-1 without instructions. I have little things. We'll see what happens in the seventh season, which begin now. I'm deeply disappointed. Playing the game of seven years each version and I like it, but this time I got angry. I bought a store on Google and one of Steam. For a poor country like Bulgaria are much money. It is expected that will be fun. Instead frustrated. I'll be grateful to everyone who shared some tips. Greetings from Bulgaria

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Wavywillz said:

My football manager 2016 shows crash dump when i try launching it, i'm using v16.3.0 this happened when i formatted my system from 32 bit to 64 bit

This is the thread for FMT 2017 feedback.

If you have a technical issue to report with FM or FMT 2016, please do so here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/338-football-manager-2016-bugs-forum/

Really enjoying the game this year bar very annoying runs that effect the team or players individually.  I find that you can go say 10 unbeaten, maybe even winning 10 in a row and then you lose or draw one and the confidence can evaporate over night and you then go 2, 3 or 4 games without a win.  You then stumble to a win and can then go on another run for no real rhyme or reason.  I find in most of my saves that draws or losses are really bunched together and I can see a pattern in various saves.  5 wins then 2 losses, 5 wins then 3 losses, 6 wins then 2 losses and a draw, that sort of thing.  You can go 6 games without conceding a goal then say a 2-2 draw will open the flood gates for the next few weeks!!  I find it happens to players as well.  A striker can score for example 1, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.  Suddenly from banging everything in they go 10 games without a goal.  I find that changing things round rarely works and you are just in that rut waiting for the tide to change which is extremely frustrating because you don't know the reason behind such runs.  That's my only real annoyance, it's certainly the best FM though in many ways.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/02/2017 at 20:35, Sussex Hammer said:

Really enjoying the game this year bar very annoying runs that effect the team or players individually.  I find that you can go say 10 unbeaten, maybe even winning 10 in a row and then you lose or draw one and the confidence can evaporate over night and you then go 2, 3 or 4 games without a win.  You then stumble to a win and can then go on another run for no real rhyme or reason.  I find in most of my saves that draws or losses are really bunched together and I can see a pattern in various saves.  5 wins then 2 losses, 5 wins then 3 losses, 6 wins then 2 losses and a draw, that sort of thing.  You can go 6 games without conceding a goal then say a 2-2 draw will open the flood gates for the next few weeks!!  I find it happens to players as well.  A striker can score for example 1, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.  Suddenly from banging everything in they go 10 games without a goal.  I find that changing things round rarely works and you are just in that rut waiting for the tide to change which is extremely frustrating because you don't know the reason behind such runs.  That's my only real annoyance, it's certainly the best FM though in many ways.

Is this specific to FMT or your critiscm for FM generally??

Well I only play FMT but the ME is the same for both so I suspect it might be the same if played Full Fat.  Maybe in Full Fat with the extra communication with players you might be able to turn the tide but in FMT all I have is a striker that can't score, getting more and more frustrated and there is nothing you can do by either kicking him up the backside or putting an arm around the shoulder.  Of course it's a balancing act because I play FMT because I don't want over the top interaction but I think morale still plays a part in FMT but you can't really do much about it.

38 minutes ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Well I only play FMT but the ME is the same for both so I suspect it might be the same if played Full Fat.  Maybe in Full Fat with the extra communication with players you might be able to turn the tide but in FMT all I have is a striker that can't score, getting more and more frustrated and there is nothing you can do by either kicking him up the backside or putting an arm around the shoulder.  Of course it's a balancing act because I play FMT because I don't want over the top interaction but I think morale still plays a part in FMT but you can't really do much about it.

I am on the fence really to making the move from FM to FMT.

Could you give me, in your opinion, the pro's and con's?

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 01:03, Shauny1990 said:

I am on the fence really to making the move from FM to FMT.

Could you give me, in your opinion, the pro's and con's?

Well put it this way.  On 14 I think it was I bought both, tried FMT but went back to Full Fat because I just wasn't keen on the interface. 15 I tried FMT from the start and loved it.  Had a go at Full Fat but it was far too in depth once I had the FMT bug,.  Last year and this year I have just purchased FMT thus giving me no option to play full fat.

Pro's and Con's I guess are down to what an individual wants to get out of the game.  I am pretty much a manager who just wants to buy players, get a half decent tactic working, play matches and see how far I can get The Hammers to go.  I like playing matches so bar one or two, like a Champions League qualifier when I have already qualified (which I instant result) I tend to watch highlights of all matches on either Key or Comprehensive.  I also tend to these days download tactics and tinker with them.  Once all the real players disappear and regens come in I tend to quit and start again so I think the furthest I ever have gone in a save is 6 seasons or so.  I get bored and don't like how I signed certain players so I might just go back to the same save but at the end of he first season and start again.  That's just me.

However if you are one for in depth interaction and like to be very hands on in every department from recruitment of players and staff, enjoy the team talks and player interaction and want to get right into training and tutoring I guess Full Fat may be for you.  FMT has some level of interaction but it is very watered down.

Horses for courses.  I certainly wouldn't go back to Full Fat.

48 minutes ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Well put it this way.  On 14 I think it was I bought both, tried FMT but went back to Full Fat because I just wasn't keen on the interface. 15 I tried FMT from the start and loved it.  Had a go at Full Fat but it was far too in depth once I had the FMT bug,.  Last year and this year I have just purchased FMT thus giving me no option to play full fat.

Pro's and Con's I guess are down to what an individual wants to get out of the game.  I am pretty much a manager who just wants to buy players, get a half decent tactic working, play matches and see how far I can get The Hammers to go.  I like playing matches so bar one or two, like a Champions League qualifier when I have already qualified (which I instant result) I tend to watch highlights of all matches on either Key or Comprehensive.  I also tend to these days download tactics and tinker with them.  Once all the real players disappear and regens come in I tend to quit and start again so I think the furthest I ever have gone in a save is 6 seasons or so.  I get bored and don't like how I signed certain players so I might just go back to the same save but at the end of he first season and start again.  That's just me.

However if you are one for in depth interaction and like to be very hands on in every department from recruitment of players and staff, enjoy the team talks and player interaction and want to get right into training and tutoring I guess Full Fat may be for you.  FMT has some level of interaction but it is very watered down.

Horses for courses.  I certainly wouldn't go back to Full Fat.

Thanks for that. I guess my main worry with FMT is lack of tutoring of young players - infact the development of young players full stop is a concern. The fact there is no U18s almost spells out to me their is very little to it all. Getting 2 or 3 youngsters in a year (at least) and bringing them through and developing them is a big thing for me, is that possible in FMT?

I also like to get into a big save and look back, I mean is that possible in FMT? Looking back on goal records etc? Players history? 

Generally, as a basic, how stripped back is it? Would I miss the little things of FM that are more impprtant than you realise such as the above examples? Team talks, media interraction.. interraction in general is not a big thing for me. What do you exactly need your backroom staff for ? Are DOF, Assistant and coaches actually neccesary? How many scouts can you employ and can you assign them multiple tasks?? 

Sorry for all the questions, but it is stuff I find genuinely intrigued. I could perhaps do with sitting down and reading through various FMC/FMT Feedback threads.

7 hours ago, shaunwwfc said:

Thanks for that. I guess my main worry with FMT is lack of tutoring of young players - infact the development of young players full stop is a concern. The fact there is no U18s almost spells out to me their is very little to it all. Getting 2 or 3 youngsters in a year (at least) and bringing them through and developing them is a big thing for me, is that possible in FMT?

I also like to get into a big save and look back, I mean is that possible in FMT? Looking back on goal records etc? Players history? 

Generally, as a basic, how stripped back is it? Would I miss the little things of FM that are more impprtant than you realise such as the above examples? Team talks, media interraction.. interraction in general is not a big thing for me. What do you exactly need your backroom staff for ? Are DOF, Assistant and coaches actually neccesary? How many scouts can you employ and can you assign them multiple tasks?? 

Sorry for all the questions, but it is stuff I find genuinely intrigued. I could perhaps do with sitting down and reading through various FMC/FMT Feedback threads.

Tutoring: happens automatically by the assistant, I think. No way to change it yourself.

Developing younsters: It's possible to develop youngsters 1) when they are better than a player on the same position or 2) when you manage the matches yourselves. The assistant will never play your youngsters in official matches when they're not good enough.

Looking back: That's possible. It keeps stats, problem is most retired players never land a job due to not having enough leagues loaded or because FMT renews staff contracts from the non-manager automatically and only replaces them for the AI if that staff member retires or the assistant gets a job as a manager.

Team talks: If you mean the pre-match, it's not in this mode. Sometimes you get a message in your inbox so you can say something to your players, like 'we're almost there! Keep going like we did last games!' but you can never start one yourself.

Media interaction: Barely and if you get it, it's just a message with one question. About your new player and things like that.

Is staff necessary: Coaches are not in this mode and I don't think the DoF is necessary if you do the transfers yourself. Could be wrong, though. I do not know if assistant helps with improving your players faster (depending on his stats of course).

Disappointed with one thing on the 17.3 data update.

Arsenal made 1 signing in the January window, Cohen Bramall. He is in the 17.3 FM update, BUT, isn't in the FMT 17.3 update, even with a large DB selected. As he's considered a good prospect that is frustrating. Any way to fix it?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Cloista said:

Disappointed with one thing on the 17.3 data update.

Arsenal made 1 signing in the January window, Cohen Bramall. He is in the 17.3 FM update, BUT, isn't in the FMT 17.3 update, even with a large DB selected. As he's considered a good prospect that is frustrating. Any way to fix it?

No, I'm afraid not. Squad sizes are limited in FMT to save memory, unfortunately there are some edge cases of some players not making it. Often deciding factors are players out on loan being retained by the DB in favour of these players, or simply they are not highly reputable enough compared to their teammates in a large squad to make the cut.

Well that last one can't be the case as there are new reserve Arsenal players that would be lower reputation than someone who made the news of being our only january signing, who have been added to the squad compared to pre-update.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Cloista said:

Well that last one can't be the case as there are new reserve Arsenal players that would be lower reputation than someone who made the news of being our only january signing, who have been added to the squad compared to pre-update.

As I said, if a player hasn't 'made it' then there is a reason for it, and in any case the squad sizes are limited. They may make it for next year, all being well.

17 hours ago, Zek said:

Tutoring: happens automatically by the assistant, I think. No way to change it yourself.

Developing younsters: It's possible to develop youngsters 1) when they are better than a player on the same position or 2) when you manage the matches yourselves. The assistant will never play your youngsters in official matches when they're not good enough.

Looking back: That's possible. It keeps stats, problem is most retired players never land a job due to not having enough leagues loaded or because FMT renews staff contracts from the non-manager automatically and only replaces them for the AI if that staff member retires or the assistant gets a job as a manager.

Team talks: If you mean the pre-match, it's not in this mode. Sometimes you get a message in your inbox so you can say something to your players, like 'we're almost there! Keep going like we did last games!' but you can never start one yourself.

Media interaction: Barely and if you get it, it's just a message with one question. About your new player and things like that.

Is staff necessary: Coaches are not in this mode and I don't think the DoF is necessary if you do the transfers yourself. Could be wrong, though. I do not know if assistant helps with improving your players faster (depending on his stats of course).

I echo what Zek said.  The one thing that is a shame in FMT (it may be the same in Full Fat) is that my youngsters don't really improve if I send them out on loan and whilst they can get automatically tutored in game they again don't seem to improve much.  In fact the media have accused me of hoarding players because I have so many of my reserve squad out on loan but I don't really see the point of just having them in the Reserves.  For me I have players whose potential is very good, players like Reece Oxford and Reece Burke but again out on loan they improve very little.  Yes I guess I could throw them into the first team but they aren't better than what I already have so it's the one area I wish things could improve. 

As for a DOF I find it quite handy.  There are players I want to buy where I don't have many luck but the DOF will so it's worth having one.  Obviously the opposite could be said where the DOF fails where you succeed but certainly there is no harm in having one.

Tutoring will improve their personality. 

And sending them on loan can develop a player's CA as they're getting game time, but crucially, are they getting game time and is it at a decent level? No point sending a championship CA player to go along it out in the non-leagues for instance. Yes, he'll get games, but far below his level so he won't learn anything.

Are tournament rules dynamic in this version? 

I've noticed in my Stirling save in Scotland that the Challenge Cup (equivalent of the Checkatrade down south) in the third season started allowing full first team Scottish Premiership sides in it having previously only allowing top flight reserve sides. It's a strange one as it would never happen in real life. The Prem U-21 sides were included for the first time this season (in real life, again like the Checkatrade) as it's historically only ever been open to lower league teams. In the game, the cup has now been completely devalued as Celtic strolled to success in it. Not sure if cup rules are set up to change in the game, or whether it's a bug. 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Zek said:

I think you're confusing team talks with team meetings here. 

One of the key things we identified with FM (and how FMT came to be) is that so much time bogging down how long it takes to complete the season is the amount of things you must deal with between matches. The more frequent interaction is of any sort, the more the Touch version of the game becomes more like it's bigger brother. 

- You can never start one yourself because often in FM, there are only appropriate times to hold one. If you can think of more reasons why you'd hold a team meeting, that would be good to know.

- Striking a fine balance with the media interaction is a difficult one. If you ever feel like you're asked a question you shouldn't, or not asked a question you should, let us know.

4 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

I think you're confusing team talks with team meetings here. 

One of the key things we identified with FM (and how FMT came to be) is that so much time bogging down how long it takes to complete the season is the amount of things you must deal with between matches. The more frequent interaction is of any sort, the more the Touch version of the game becomes more like it's bigger brother. 

- You can never start one yourself because often in FM, there are only appropriate times to hold one. If you can think of more reasons why you'd hold a team meeting, that would be good to know.

- Striking a fine balance with the media interaction is a difficult one. If you ever feel like you're asked a question you shouldn't, or not asked a question you should, let us know.

Yes, I mixed them up. I think both are fine the way they are.

Maybe after a big win or loss you can tell them to not get too cocky/don't feel too down or does that already happen? I never win or lose big. :D
Although that may already be going into full fat territory...

And if you've done one press conference in the full fat, you've done them all.

I don't seem to be able to hire any coaches or scouts. So the only ones in charge voor training en scouting are the heads of. Is this normal?

Anyway it's awesome to be able to sneak away at work and play some on a tablet :) 

Hi, is last weeks 17.3.1 update coming to FMT soon? Looking to start a save in South America and will obviously wait for the fixes if the update is planned, specifically the correct team going to the club world championship. Cheers

• Administrators

There's no plans at the moment for an FM Touch update, 17.3.1 was made to address user reported issues in Football Manager full mode. If you are getting these issues on Tablet or PC please report them to the bugs forum so the support team can review them. Thanks. 

On 31/1/2017 at 12:36, IvanDimitrov said:

six seasons playing with CSKA and Bulgaria have no progress. I tried anything, but nothing improves. Accidentally I read a post about a game of counterattack 4-1-4-1 without instructions. I have little things. We'll see what happens in the seventh season, which begin now. I'm deeply disappointed. Playing the game of seven years each version and I like it, but this time I got angry. I bought a store on Google and one of Steam. For a poor country like Bulgaria are much money. It is expected that will be fun. Instead frustrated. I'll be grateful to everyone who shared some tips. Greetings from Bulgaria

Hi @IvanDimitrov

Try to relaxing your stressness "because six seasons managing a teams have no progress yet" by visiting http://www.fmscout.com

Maybe those site will guide you to reduce your frustatedly,

Greetings from Indonesia.

Cheers🍻

On 7/3/2017 at 12:35, HUNT3R said:

Tutoring will improve their personality. 

And sending them on loan can develop a player's CA as they're getting game time, but crucially, are they getting game time and is it at a decent level? No point sending a championship CA player to go along it out in the non-leagues for instance. Yes, he'll get games, but far below his level so he won't learn anything.

Absolutely agree wit ur opinion💯

On 3/14/2017 at 20:04, Lucas Weatherby said:

There's no plans at the moment for an FM Touch update, 17.3.1 was made to address user reported issues in Football Manager full mode. If you are getting these issues on Tablet or PC please report them to the bugs forum so the support team can review them. Thanks. 

I reported a bug 4 days ago! Nobody responded:

And I wonder again: how after 3 (!) updates the game is still buggy and "There's no plans at the moment for an FM Touch update"???

And how you introduced new bug (like I noticed, it wasn't before!) instead of fixing the existing ones:

like "scouting responsibility by chief scout = no reports at all" (why you introduced this feature if it doesn't work?)

Seriously, guys, you expect people to pay money and "live" with unfinished product ???

I didn't mean to hurt anyone, just expressed my frustration here. Thanks for understanding.

10 hours ago, oleg8979 said:

I reported a bug 4 days ago! Nobody responded:

And I wonder again: how after 3 (!) updates the game is still buggy and "There's no plans at the moment for an FM Touch update"???

And how you introduced new bug (like I noticed, it wasn't before!) instead of fixing the existing ones:

like "scouting responsibility by chief scout = no reports at all" (why you introduced this feature if it doesn't work?)

Seriously, guys, you expect people to pay money and "live" with unfinished product ???

I didn't mean to hurt anyone, just expressed my frustration here. Thanks for understanding.

@Lucas Weatherby @Alex Hall 🖕

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having any luck with crossing in this version?  I was doing ok on the original patch with a 4141 with wide men joining the striker in the area with wing backs overlapping to supply the service.  However since the ME update it's become totally toothless.  I'm defending ok but no matter what formation I use now I just can't score enough goals and no matter what settings you cannot get your wide men now in the area.  Wing backs cross but 99% of them just seem to hit the full backs legs and go out for corners, which are impossible to score from, and finishing has become real soft efforts straight at the keeper.  My striker didn't score many before the update but no chance now!

I look at some of the tactics in the download forum and I would say a real high percentage of them are narrow with inverted wing backs and short passing.  Has FM17 really become a game with only one way of playing and that's short, through the middle with IWB?!

10 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Ask the board to stump up extra cash on a player bit like in full fm you ask board to take over the transfer deal if they agree

Sorry wrong thread  if mods want to delete it I'll be more than happy for it to be 

I really wish in the future SI will do something about player happiness due to not playing because it is ridiculous at times.  I had four players unhappy and wanting a place in the starting line up within four games of the start of the season.  Indeed two of them are still unhappy despite starting the next four.  This needs to take into account form for starters.  Surely players should realise if you are on a winning run it's madness to change the team.  At the very least when taking over you should be able to adjust their squad status without them moaning because whereas your predecessor may have valued someone as a key player or first team player you may only view them as a rotation or back up, especially if the system you decide upon doesn't require their role.  I can understand 10 games or so and then one or two get a bit upset but moaning after four games and then not stopping moaning after playing four in a row is a bit overboard.

Is there any way to access my transfer history? In the transfer tab it looks as if I can only see the transfer history for the current season. I'd quite like to look at the players I've left go in the past to see where they ended up and how they developed.

1 hour ago, Sussex Hammer said:

I really wish in the future SI will do something about player happiness due to not playing because it is ridiculous at times.  I had four players unhappy and wanting a place in the starting line up within four games of the start of the season.  Indeed two of them are still unhappy despite starting the next four.  This needs to take into account form for starters.  Surely players should realise if you are on a winning run it's madness to change the team.  At the very least when taking over you should be able to adjust their squad status without them moaning because whereas your predecessor may have valued someone as a key player or first team player you may only view them as a rotation or back up, especially if the system you decide upon doesn't require their role.  I can understand 10 games or so and then one or two get a bit upset but moaning after four games and then not stopping moaning after playing four in a row is a bit overboard.

Cut bait

• 1 month later...

Not sure if bug or not so putting it here basically all my saved game on the iPad have completed disappeared since yesterday's app update on 2017 touch any ways of getting them back never had this problem before.

• SI Staff

@zakbrown96 if you select the 'Load Game' option in the top right they should still be there. The game just forgets the last save game you had loaded after an update so the 'Load Last Game' option is unavailable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 05/01/2017 at 12:58, Sussex Hammer said:

This is what frustrates me so much.  The team is set up to close down and get stuck in.  All players bar maybe the wide men have high work rate, determination and teamwork and yet not one puts in a challenge, Arsenal just waltz through and score two easy goals with their only chances of the match.  I hit back and batter them but their keeper makes several wonder saves, practically impossible saves,.  Now that's fine but what can you do when your players bizarrely just let the opposition walk through when you set them up to close down and tackle hard and they have the stats to do so.  Haven't got a problem with it if Arsenal bypass a hard press and ride out hard tackles because that is outplaying my strategy but when my players don't carry out my instructions it makes it very much a lottery.

WHU v ARS.jpg

Oh I hear ya!! I got this problem too all the time. Batter teams and get beaten in the end by an odd goal or two. 

I like to set my team up as closing down the MCs and AMFs and strikers and have high work rate. Cant complaint at times but it just sometimes seems to hold hands with the morale or something. The lower the morale is the less the players care/listen to you. Could also have to do with your reputation in the game but I always start as "John Doe" to make it harder. 

This is were my main issue with the game comes in. The ipad version of FM needs to replicate the desktop version all the way and not take 90% of things. All Man-to-man management involvemeby and media is not available on Touch which would help immensely. Same with training as it is more detailed on PC but this is where you win the games. By good man management / detailed training.  Sort it out, SI, in your 2018 version and You will regainmy faith 

• 1 month later...

Is the previous manager screen on the club's history screen working ok for anyone else?

I'm in  a long-term save and it's only showing the most recent or current manager for me which is shame as I like to follow who's gone where etc. 

I've posted it in the bugs forum but not had a reply, it's a real bugbear of mine for this year's game. 

Archived