Football Manager Touch 2017 Feedback Thread

On 11/11/2016 at 11:48, KUBI said:

Could you please explain which bugs and report it in the bugs forum?

I have reported the bugs in the bugs forum as have many other people.

My top three are:

- Match highlights not working

- Invalid licence preventing me to load game without network connection

- Scout reports on opposition not working.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saved my game prior to updating to 17.1.2. Following update my save (and all auto-saves) is gone. I'm using IPad Air 2. Plenty of spare storage etc.

Edit: All my preferences seemed to have been saved just not my save files.

Further edit: The files do seem to still be there and can be loaded via the load game option in game but they were not available from the start screen. The load game option was also unavailable but is available now.

• Administrators
On 19/11/2016 at 11:48, Thomas Tranum said:

Any estimate on a fix for the launch bug? game shuts down on launch after update with error message about data from unknown source.

That sounds like a installation issue. In any case, posting this in the tech support bugs forum will help you to fix the issue.

Thought I would put this here as well because as of yet haven't received an answer in the Touch Bugs Forum..

Not so much a bug rather than an oversight when designing the Official FM Touch skin.  When you check out the previous results in the schedule goal scorers are in a black text against a very dark background making them practically impossible to read unless you put your nose on the screen.  In FM16 all goal scorer text was in white.  Hoping there will be a fix for this?

Can I just add that you also can't see a Clubs managerial history under landmarks like you could in FM16.

And what is the Premier Division Cup?  Is it a Reserve Trophy? 

How does player attribute masking work in FM Touch 17 on iOS. I've just paid the 79p for the feature as feel it would feel more realistic when making game progress. Yet I can still see every players full stats at start of the game when unemployed and with only regional professional rep. Any ideas?

Right well I found the solution to a Clubs Managerial History on their Landmarks page.  It's there but for some reason the word "Managers" is hidden in this version.  It should be where the blue line is (I have shown it with an arrow pointing at it.)  If you click the blank space next to Landmarks then the Managers shows up with the blue line but there should be text "Managers" to show this option is actually there.

Managers%20under%20Lanmarks.png

16 hours ago, TheMikeConroy said:

How does player attribute masking work in FM Touch 17 on iOS. I've just paid the 79p for the feature as feel it would feel more realistic when making game progress. Yet I can still see every players full stats at start of the game when unemployed and with only regional professional rep. Any ideas?

You should apply this unlockable to each save game separately. So load you game, go to Downloads, find this "attribute masking" feature and click "apply". If you purchased it, it may be in "Wallet" tab (there are two tabs - Unlockables and Wallet), I simply don't know how it looks when purchased

3 hours ago, oleg8979 said:

You should apply this unlockable to each save game separately. So load you game, go to Downloads, find this "attribute masking" feature and click "apply". If you purchased it, it may be in "Wallet" tab (there are two tabs - Unlockables and Wallet), I simply don't know how it looks when purchased

Hero! Thank you, was getting annoyed last night with it. Even went on FM Touch 16 and bought it on that to see if it was a bug on 17'amd couldn't work out how to apply it. 

All for asking the game look streamlined but just having a tick box on set up would be much simpler and cleaner. 

On 22/11/2016 at 16:30, Sussex Hammer said:

Not so much a bug rather than an oversight when designing the Official FM Touch skin.  When you check out the previous results in the schedule goal scorers are in a black text against a very dark background making them practically impossible to read unless you put your nose on the screen.  In FM16 all goal scorer text was in white.  Hoping there will be a fix for this?

I'm struggling to play FMC this year due to this and all the players in team line ups (on non full detail matches) being greyed out, rather than have the first XI in white. 

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Do SI respond to the Touch bugs forum as I put a thread on there over a week ago and have had as yet no response?

Thanks for letting me know, I will chase this up with the relevant guys.

Has something been done with one of the patches to reduce battery strain? Played for the first time for a while yesterday and my iPad Air 2 didn't heat up as much as before, and battery drain seemed much less.

No problems with the 3D framerate, but I do find that the match speed setting resets pretty much every game to default. Not a major issues as one touch to speed back up again, but thought worth mentioning

Playing the Touch version on my Sony Xperia Tablet, really enjoying it apart from one thing thats bugging me.  On the Team Selection page I cannot seem to add filters/extra columns such as fitness, average rating, goals, assists or even positions.  Is this possible? I've tried editing the current view and it only lets me change general things that have no bearing on my selection.  I find i'm constantly coming out of the screen to look at the Squad tab to know who to move around etc.  I'm hoping I've missed the obvious and its a quick fix?

Usually put a lot of hours into an FMC save, but this year the issue with scorers being shown in black making it almost impossible to see and team line ups from other matches having every player greyed out ruins the visuals for me as I spend a lot of time viewing other matches that don't involve me. Hope they fix this. 

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 19:35, Dagenham_Dave said:

Usually put a lot of hours into an FMC save, but this year the issue with scorers being shown in black making it almost impossible to see and team line ups from other matches having every player greyed out ruins the visuals for me as I spend a lot of time viewing other matches that don't involve me. Hope they fix this. 

So it's not just me.  I actually mentioned the black lettering of the goal scorers in FMT in the bugs forum but Luke said that "The text is not black by design".  I thought that it may have been down to my third party graphics or something but obviously pleased it's not just me suffering it.  It's very annoying as I like to browse back through results. 

Thanks Alex.  Good to see goal scorer text back to white and readable, different pitch patterns on synthetic/grass pitches and the Managers now visible under Landmarks in a Clubs history.  Much appreciated improvements.

Had a crash where the game froze after saving after my first match after the patch but it saved ok second time around so I'll let you know if it happens again.  Was going to try a higher graphics capability out and when you change graphics settings in preferences it take a while for the new settings to load and the screen goes black for a while but it gets there eventually and I'll play a match and see if I can handle high graphics now.

hqoeV8Q.png

Argh! My eyes!

Just downloaded the FMT update and after clicking 'continue' was confronted with this abomination. Surely no-one could have designed that screen deliberately. Are SI hiring colour-blind UI designers? Light-coloured text on a light-grey background is the very definition of unreadable. I'm certain I've seen a number of training report screens since FM17 launched and I'm equally certain they didn't look like that.

22 hours ago, warlock said:

hqoeV8Q.png

Argh! My eyes!

Just downloaded the FMT update and after clicking 'continue' was confronted with this abomination. Surely no-one could have designed that screen deliberately. Are SI hiring colour-blind UI designers? Light-coloured text on a light-grey background is the very definition of unreadable. I'm certain I've seen a number of training report screens since FM17 launched and I'm equally certain they didn't look like that.

I came here to post the same issue.

Assuming its some kind of skin error, expecting the light skin?

Either way, its not particularly eye-friendly.

Positive feedback though, about the same news item actually:

15c716d1c562e2637a25d3904eec407a.png

I find the little icon in the corner to be absolutely brilliant, gives a nice, clear, concise indicator of the mail and if its worth looking at. I think there should be more of these for other types of mail. 

Gents can anyone shed any light on this.  I'm having a pretty bad run with my West Ham team injury wise.  Had 8 first teamers out at one point with torn calf's and torn hamstrings decimating the squad long term, so it's a good thing the squad is quite big!!  Anyway I have made it to January and was going to recall a couple of loans like Reece Oxford and Reece Burke, however to my surprise under the contract of their loan I cannot recall them.  Now I can't be 100% certain but I am pretty sure that when I confirmed their loans earlier in the season I checked before I clicked confirm that "can be recalled" was part of the deal and yet all my loans have exactly the same conditions and "recall from loan" is not one of them.  I remember being baffled about this in a previous save as well.

So anyone else noticing this as it's either possibly a bug or I am losing my marbles!!!

23 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Are you sure you didn't set the opposite option that loans can't be terminated?

It's possible.  I tend to use the Assistant to find loans but I am pretty sure I checked the loan status before I confirmed it.  Is there any way to set your conditions for any loan so when you let the Assistant deal with loaning out players he will only do so with your conditions saved?

Regarding some other feedback I might be having a bad season but there seem to be an awful lot of injuries this version.  I think I have had 4 first teamers out as the lowest amount all season.  One comes back and another one gets injured constantly meaning that I have at least four out and as I said above I had 8 first 11 players out at one point and have had four players with injuries lasting longer than three months.

Also I find the pattern is pretty similar save to save.  Every save I have played so far Payet, Kouyate and Feghouli want to leave.  My latest save I actually granted them all new contracts at the start of the save but they still want to go.  Payet wants to go to Barcelona despite me never actually receiving a bid from Bareclona, Kouyate always wants to joing Juventus and yet they offer mere peanuts with no room for negotiation leaving me with no choice than to keep him because I can't buy a replacement for what is being offered for him and Feghouli always wants to join Man City.  Are these all hard coded because it's a pity if each save is set up the same way.

It's not hardcoded, but each club will have certain wants and build their own shortlists, apparently, Payet fits what Barca want/need(I'm presuming a high quality rotation option inside a specific budget), Kouyate same with Juve, etc. It's like you often see Man Utd buy Dybala or Griezmann and Laporte or De Vrij. I think Chelsea often go for Laporte and De Vrij too.

On 12/16/2016 at 09:13, warlock said:

hqoeV8Q.png

Argh! My eyes!

This is horrible. I noticed it too. Another immersion breaker for me. Hopefully it is a simple fix that a hotfix can patch.

• Administrators

Please use the correct forum for reporting issues on Android: https://community.sigames.com/forum/530-bugs-found-on-android/

We do check this forum but this thread is for feedback, the support team work predominantly out of the bug support forums so you'll get much faster response posting in the correct place. 

Cheers.

• SI Staff
On 21/12/2016 at 20:28, macca72 said:

Has anyone used the design a son feature?  How does it work?

I just want to understand the in's and out's of it before I decide to use it.

Can you set CA/PA & position, or is it just a name thing?

You can set lots of stuff including CA + PA, attributes.

I bought the retail version "Limited Edition" - that includes FM Touch, but I can't use it on my android tablet, I can just use it on my PC, which is not making any sense.Can anyone tell me why? 

When I go in Steam it says I have to pay extra, to get the touch version.

On 29/12/2016 at 06:57, razvaniks said:

I bought the retail version "Limited Edition" - that includes FM Touch, but I can't use it on my android tablet, I can just use it on my PC, which is not making any sense.Can anyone tell me why? 

When I go in Steam it says I have to pay extra, to get the touch version.

The version of FM Touch that works on handheld devices is a standalone product. So if you want to play it on your tablet, you'll need to buy it again. 

Just a little feedback now I have played a fair bit.  I have to admit though it's probably the least enjoyable of the last few years, bar 14 maybe.  A few bugbears which seem to be draining the enjoyment for me :

Too many penalties given away for nothing really.  Balls go into the box, my player heads it away and the Referee gives a soft penalty.  Must have given away a good 10 and I am only a few months into my second season!

Same goes for two footed lunges which result in sending's off.  I know some players can be over competitive but these are silly and totally out of the blue with no rhyme or reason.  Talking about the opposition as well.  Must have quite a few on both sides throughout the year.

Far too many off sides, making it pretty impossible to chase a game because you can't stop players being offside. 

Plus I also find crossing a major issue in this version.  It seems to have been totally nuked after so many complaints that too many goals came from crosses last year,.  I'm hardly getting any crosses being completed.  Most hit the first defender and just go out for endless amounts of corners.  My corner levels are obscene, which wouldn't be so bad if I could actually score from corners but that seems impossible as well. 

Players just dawdling on the ball and getting dispossessed far too easily.  Someone mentioned composure and concentration etc but this is schoolboy level stuff, just play a simple pass to a bloke near you rather than standing still!!

I just generally find that the ME has this year plugged the holes that you used to score thus making goals very hard to come by and it's pretty much more luck than anything else.

Plus I am sorry but I think you have to be a rocket scientist these days to create tactics.  Far too many roles/duties/PI's/TI's which all have a knock on effect so to come up with something that's half decent you either have to be an expert or lucky.

Just my opinion...

On 2.1.2017 at 15:26, Sussex Hammer said:

Plus I am sorry but I think you have to be a rocket scientist these days to create tactics.  Far too many roles/duties/PI's/TI's which all have a knock on effect so to come up with something that's half decent you either have to be an expert or lucky.

You can focus entirelly on the roles and duties, done. This takes like 20 seconds and it's been the same as always. I know because I have used PIs only occasionally all my FM life, and rarely put up any of those conundrums. As with usual, to me you seem the prime prospect of somebody who is now used to no effort winnings. Previously probably caused by poor AI and glitches. Now caused by committing into "wonder downloads". Your yard stick really should be, as you are always playing West Ham, how does the AI fare with them (sim on full match details a couple seasons), and how do I do. That is my yard stick and it's the one to really go by to gauge the game's diffculty. You'll likely find it isn't that hard at all. Given that you are on the downloads, which is viable, they paint a completely wrong picture of how everything interacts with one another, up to the point of giving the impression that the game were all about tactics if you are immediately always thereabouts with West Ham, which neither me (and certainly no AI) would come anywhere close. Technically I don't see much of a difference between going into downloads or editing players outright, though "psychologically" there may be one -- the latter of which is naturally perceived as outright "cheating", the former of which some see as just having found a "great" tactic. And the boundaries between that and AI/ME exploits can be pretty blurred. Technically, a lot of the stuff you read about in the tactics forum certainly also goes beyond any AI capability and could be argued to be an "AI exploit" in a sense.

My 2c (and I don't have anything against anybody downloading stuff per se, it's just a bit unfortunate, always has been what the conclusion oftenly is). You are in for frustration, as has been evident for a while now -- always like your posts and contribution in general so follow. :-) edit: Not sure what you are on nowadays, but the "obscene" corner levels are also oft caused by the inherent sheer aggressiveness of the d'loads, as oft they have lots of guys running forward standing on each other's toes. There is no pass on that would stretch defenders, whoever receives the next pass is immediately under pressure, and defenders then clear or deflect a lot of the attacks coming their way, always getting a foot in or deflecting things for added set pieces in general. This also often causes frustration, as SOT can pile up from those in big numbers (there isn't an ingame stat for this), whilst evidently they are far harder to convert than anything from open play (as should be, boxes packed).

Fair points Sven - bar maybe that I'm not "always" frustrated and apologise if I always seem maudlin - !!  I do enjoy the game, otherwise I wouldn't have played it for the last 20 odd years it's just that there are frustrations such as the above that I find, well, frustrating!!!

It's not just with downloaded tactics anyway.  Funnily enough I am now currently enjoying another save (with downloaded and a couple of my own tactics I hasten to add) but now have around four that I use for different circumstances and I have changed my approach a bit.  Little things like not going to counter attack when leading 2 or 3 nil because it never works (for me at least) because I always concede.  I either now just keep going or really go totally shut up shop and contain but not until the last 10 minutes or so.  I still haven't really come up with the secret of how to get a goal when you need one though and my teams are certainly better when ahead than they are when behind!

However, my bugbears above aren't just with downloaded tactics.  I did have a save where I literally just tried using roles and duties and mentality.  No TI's or PI's and studied quite a few threads including Cleon's counter attacking and possession threads.  Still the same issues though.  Lots of corners which you don't tend to score from, silly red cards and nuked crosses!!  The thing I notice though is that it's really difficult to see differences.  I have played several matches for instance with different TI's for crossing (ie mixed, low, whipped, floated) and see no difference.  Maybe I am just not very good at seeing what is going on but say I play narrow and short but need a goal so I change to wide and more direct passing, honestly I can see no difference.

In fact when you say about the aggressiveness of downloads, the corners (blocked crosses) issue was actually very evident with one of my own tactics that worked nicely in FM16.  It was actually a defensive mentality with mainly supportive roles so not overly aggressive.  In 17 though crosses are blocked with regularity.  It's not so much the fact that crosses are blocked though it's the fact the players choose to cross when a block is likely rather than dummy the defender or just pull back a pass to the edge of the area.  Take Marcus Rashford against West Ham on Monday.  Shapes to cross, defender commits himself, Rashford dummies and pulls the ball back to the penalty spot.  That's what I would like to see more of.

I'm not saying it's a bad game at all, I just find certain frustrating things can hinder the enjoyment.

Archived