English and Russian fans fight in Marseille

PMLF

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to goad them but just catch them in the act. Like I said, the Russians feel the press coverage is unfair so they're trying to "balance it out".

One of them is the deputy editor in chief of one of Russia' biggest sports dailies, Sport Express (http://www.sport-express.ru/)

@dmitriy_f1re is his Twitter.

Yeah not really buying that with tweets such as:

Dmitry Egorov ‏@edim_sport 13h13 hours ago Lille, France

5 Russian fans beats tens English #Euro2016 #lille

While showing a video of it with pride.

Sounds like the English and local French were singing together and the police just come along and tear-gassed the lot of them.

English, Welsh and French but this is exactly what happened where I was.

Been in Paris all day and got back to Lille about 10.30. Was in the centre for about 20 minutes as we just watched on as England and Wales fans sang with French locals. Nothing offensive, just that "don't take me home" song. Next thing you know 100 odd riot police line up and start letting off those flash bang things, firing year gas and charging.

We were a safe distance away but headed the opposite direction down a side street and you could see up another road the same happening. I can't comment on what led to it happening up there but it seems to me like the police were causing most of the problems.

It was a nervy walk back to the hotel. Random groups of 40 odd lads (have no idea of nationality) ran past us a couple of times which isn't a great experience when you hear them coming with the stories about the Russians last week.

Ah well, all safe and sound now. We go again tomorrow. Heading to the nearby town of Arass after the game, which a mate says is a cracking atmosphere.

I'm all for hooligans fighting, so long as no innocent bystanders get hurt.

Bit of nationalism is good, be proud of the homeland and the history. Have a bit of a scuffle, it's good for toughening you up.

Sick of you left wing social justice warrior weenies always complaining about everything lol.

Bit of nationalism is good, be proud of the homeland and the history. Have a bit of a scuffle, it's good for toughening you up.

Sick of you left wing social justice warrior weenies always complaining about everything lol.

Nothing like a good stab wound/glassing/coma to make you feel so alive. :thup:

This post :D

Nationalism is never good. OK I'll let a bit of patriotism slide but nationalism is where it gets dangerous and there's been far too much of that lately.

36 arrests in Lille last night ffs. What the hell is wrong with people. The far right and hooliganism has to ruin everything, just enjoy the ****ing football for crying out loud or are you actively trying to get the side disqualified in order to push your own anti-European agenda?

Archived