Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we stop referring to people as apologists, its becoming the new fanboy.

It is what it is. And it's strange.

Here's another suggestion: have people start different threads for feedback issues so no one has to trawl through a meagathread.

• Administrators

Here's another suggestion: have people start different threads for feedback issues so no one has to trawl through a meagathread.

That would be pointless. Members of SI have replied to feedback in this thread where possible, lots of people would just be annoyed if it was spread all over the place and they couldn't get answers to their questions.

If you don't like the thread then it's quite simple: don't use it.

And yes, please stop with the pathetic name calling of 'apologists'. Not everyone will agree with you.

Its a people having different takes, and we wont be having anyone called that. It's not a point up for debate in the slightest. I won't ask again.

The feedback is kept in one place to make it easier for the devs to read it and so that it doesnt clog up the rest of the forum too.

They happened in pre-season and on the training field.

What you have to understand is that the game is tested along the statistical model line.

That is, they'll run it over and over the course of seasons and will look at the end statistics and go; "Oh, the injuries in total runs below the real life baseline" or "oh, the shots to goals conversation rate is spot on!"

That's why it feels like talking to a brick wall when you demonstrate specific examples of things getting skewed; For example, too many shots over the course of a few games, too many goals, the infamous 'strikers missing easy chances', injuries and so on, because at the end of the day, they look at their little chart of statistics and go 'eh, it's all in line, nothing to see here'.

Never mind that its reported frequently, here and on other forums elsewhere, as long as the average is 'fine' they see no problem, as do, apparently those who aren't employed by SI, who remain intent on ignoring discussing the whyfors and whatfors of the smaller sample sizes of issues arising.

Anyway; I do think there's some issue, not with injuries but with the training module, I've said so, was given the 'its you!' remark as well. I think at the moment the workloads isn't conveyed very clearly; for me on the team training screen everyone is on light or medium workloads on their 'overall' training, but the training screen in their personal screen overrides it and says its very heavy. I ended up with 10 injuries in pre-season, more due to internationals as well, but luckily I had a squad I could rotate.

The other downside to the issue at the moment is the player moods, because a player has been injured, he's missed games and for whatever reason now wants to leave because he wants first team football. Basic errors, small errors, things that you can't spot from 'statistical averages' - these are what usually seem to be the issue with the game. Alas, I think some people have become very, very defensive about the game/its issues since the beta came out, when they were usually quite reasonable prior to that. At the same time, there's some people who like to whinge for the sake of it(!)

What you have to understand is that the game is tested along the statistical model line.

That is, they'll run it over and over the course of seasons and will look at the end statistics and go; "Oh, the injuries in total runs below the real life baseline" or "oh, the shots to goals conversation rate is spot on!"

That's why it feels like talking to a brick wall when you demonstrate specific examples of things getting skewed; For example, too many shots over the course of a few games, too many goals, the infamous 'strikers missing easy chances', injuries and so on, because at the end of the day, they look at their little chart of statistics and go 'eh, it's all in line, nothing to see here'.

Never mind that its reported frequently, here and on other forums elsewhere, as long as the average is 'fine' they see no problem, as do, apparently those who aren't employed by SI, who remain intent on ignoring discussing the whyfors and whatfors of the smaller sample sizes of issues arising.

Anyway; I do think there's some issue, not with injuries but with the training module, I've said so, was given the 'its you!' remark as well. I think at the moment the workloads isn't conveyed very clearly; for me on the team training screen everyone is on light or medium workloads on their 'overall' training, but the training screen in their personal screen overrides it and says its very heavy. I ended up with 10 injuries in pre-season, more due to internationals as well, but luckily I had a squad I could rotate.

The other downside to the issue at the moment is the player moods, because a player has been injured, he's missed games and for whatever reason now wants to leave because he wants first team football. Basic errors, small errors, things that you can't spot from 'statistical averages' - these are what usually seem to be the issue with the game. Alas, I think some people have become very, very defensive about the game/its issues since the beta came out, when they were usually quite reasonable prior to that. At the same time, there's some people who like to whinge for the sake of it(!)

The bold is quite incorrect. They do qualitative as well as quantitative testing. Please dont state they do things in a manner when what you are saying not accurate. Especially when you are not privy to how they test.

• Administrators

Wrong. Statistics are a guideline, not a rule and help too for things like the match engine. We all at SI play the game too don't forget, and yes we do see issues that appear frequently and work on them as much as we can. It's not always "basic" and "simple" and often is actually much more complex than you point out. I'm really not sure where you get the comparison between statistical averages and player moods from, that's certainly nothing I've ever heard of.

Nothing major, but would be nice if the Holders of Competitions could be displayed on the League Stages pages like it did in previous versions. I like checking Leagues I have running at the end of the Season to see who the Holders/Winners were and it's just a quicker way of looking without having to go to the Past Winners screen.

Just finished my first season and had a great time.

I started unemployed with no badges and sunday-league reputation. Accepted the job offer with Jomo Cosmos in the lower league in South Africa. Never managed here before. You can register up to 99 players, and trialists can play in competitive matches. I experienced most of the issues listed in the first post. Had too many high scoring games, had players scoring Ronaldo-like free-kicks from 35 yards out. The main issue I had was with the team talks. It was the middle of the season and we are in 1st place, with three teams 1 point behind us. My star striker comes up to me saying that there are rumours that a club from a better division is interested in signing him. I reply that I don't want to lose him and won't let him leave. All of a sudden half of my squad got upset why I didn't allow him to leave. He is the main reason why we are in 1st place you morons!!!

Despite those issues I am really enjoying this years game. Took me a while to get used to, but I am liking the sidebar. It makes it easier to navigate to many areas. I like the changes in this years scouting system and the new player animations. Maybe I don't like the team talks, but I like the thought behind the them. I always thought it was too easy to keep your players in previous versions.

A couple of minor issues:

I dislike the new tactics screen. I thought last years was much better as mentioned by others.

It takes up to 4 coaches to reduce the training workload from heavy to average. This may not be an issue for big clubs with high staff limits, but smaller clubs are forced to assign one coach to many areas now.

Just your opinion.

What is broken about them?

Save your match, upload it to the ftp and create a thread here. Instructions for uploading can be found here

They don't work thats what's wrong with it, short pass, short pass hoof up the field, everybody set for short passing, team set for short passing. Rather like the GKs lets not pretend its working as well as it should, because it isn't. However I'm pretty certain it will be fixed. What i don't understand is how a few things have got this far without being fixed, some of them are obvious within a couple of minutes of watching any game.

Just your opinion.

What is broken about them?

Save your match, upload it to the ftp and create a thread here. Instructions for uploading can be found here

I am aware it is just my opinion that is why I said in my opinion.

Regardless I may post some matches from my year and a bit with Arsenal, but surely I am not the only one seemingly playing a sensible formation and getting good results but noticing that all my players ignore short passing a lot of the time and play very clearly direct football along with the fact that retain possession used to curb long passing even further and also reducing crossing heavily but now appears to have zero impact at all.

Why can't any of my players score any 1v1?? I get an average of 3 per game (at the very least) and score maybe 1 in 5 (at the very most). Ridiculous.

Which is about in line with real life.

Most teams do well to get more than two 1v1 in any given game, and the conversion rate is lower than you think.

That said, overall I think there could be too many 1v1's happening due to the poor defensive AI at the moment. Tighten that up first, then work on it.

I am aware it is just my opinion that is why I said in my opinion.

Regardless I may post some matches from my year and a bit with Arsenal, but surely I am not the only one seemingly playing a sensible formation and getting good results but noticing that all my players ignore short passing a lot of the time and play very clearly direct football along with the fact that retain possession used to curb long passing even further and also reducing crossing heavily but now appears to have zero impact at all.

Its not even direct, most of it is long ball straight from the statistical bible of Charles Reep, but look at it this way, sort that and the GKs out and it will be a really good ME.

That would be pointless. Members of SI have replied to feedback in this thread where possible, lots of people would just be annoyed if it was spread all over the place and they couldn't get answers to their questions.

If you don't like the thread then it's quite simple: don't use it.

And yes, please stop with the pathetic name calling of 'apologists'. Not everyone will agree with you.

No need to get hostile. I have no particular problem with this thread. It's just that every other post here now is prefaced with "This has probably been raised before but I can't read through the entire thread ..." It could be contained in its own subforum like the bug reporting threads.

@QWERTYOP

We've had a total of ONE report in the bugs forum where a user complained about injuries and he posted the injury tables of the league he was managing in. There were 70 injuries in total for the 20 teams. That's 3.5 injuries per team. I compared that to the Premier League injury count at the time. 90 injuries for the 20 teams, so an average of 4.5 injuries per team.

We're getting the usual "ZOMG, too many injureez", which happens EVERY year, but no-one except for this user posted any evidence or details at all. You could be really unlucky too, so don't forget that. I think we've been too used to previous FMs where we could easily manage injuries and have 0-2 injuries most of the time, only. It's still below real life figures.

I'm not ruling out that a certain training setting or something could be causing it, but that's why you'd need to provide as much information as possible. The AI doesn't have a constant problem with injuries, so if it can manage, we should be able to as well.

Actually I reported a problem like this last year, I was playing against the ai and my team was injuring their players so much they didnt have enough sub to replace their injured players. And I was just using normal tackling. I had to reload my game each time I injured too many of their players so I didnt have to play in a league full of crippled teams.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/331916-Injury-fest

Actually I reported a problem like this last year, I was playing against the ai and my team was injuring their players so much they didnt have enough sub to replace their injured players. And I was just using normal tackling. I had to reload my game each time I injured too many of their players so I didnt have to play in a league full of crippled teams.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/331916-Injury-fest

That was 2 years ago and so it isn't relevant anymore, but yes, that's the sort of thing we need in the bugs forum. AI teams suffering from injuries as well (eliminating user input as a factor) and a save game so SI can review it.

I think I'm going mad. In training I can see coaches and what they are assigned to for the senior team and the variety of options to select. Where do I access the u21s and u18s coaching options?

It's under the U21 and U18 squad screens, in the drop-down menus along the top.

That was 2 years ago and so it isn't relevant anymore, but yes, that's the sort of thing we need in the bugs forum. AI teams suffering from injuries as well (eliminating user input as a factor) and a save game so SI can review it.

That was just to answer to your post saying that this kind of issue hasnt been reported more often.

That was just to answer to your post saying that this kind of issue hasnt been reported more often.

He was referring to FM2015. The match engine has changed a lot since FM2012 so your thread isn't relevant anymore. However only one person has reported high injuries as a bug in this years Beta :)

He was referring to FM2015. The match engine has changed a lot since FM2012 so your thread isn't relevant anymore. However only one person has reported high injuries as a bug in this years Beta :)
If he was referring only to fm 15 then it was a misunderstanding on my part, sorry about that.

So Ronaldo has just won the World Ballon d'or, however the very next news article is that Hazard has won it, is this a bug?

+ does anyone else think Ronaldo's stats are slightly under rated?

I think the problem with Messi and Ronaldo on FM is that the game just can't seem to replicate how they play in real life. I don't think you'd ever be able to get Ronaldo or Messi to score 40/50 goals a season unless you play them up top with everyone else passing too them and the AI certainly can't do it. Hopefully with the way the match engine is advancing with animations etc. it won't be too long before the game can accurately mirror these players abilities but I just think for now changing the attributes slightly won't make much difference :)

I think the problem with Messi and Ronaldo on FM is that the game just can't seem to replicate how they play in real life. I don't think you'd ever be able to get Ronaldo or Messi to score 40/50 goals a season unless you play them up top with everyone else passing too them and the AI certainly can't do it. Hopefully with the way the match engine is advancing with animations etc. it won't be too long before the game can accurately mirror these players abilities but I just think for now changing the attributes slightly won't make much difference :)

I just think that if Hazard is 20 dribbling then Ronaldo has to be better than 18, consistency and all that.

Things I've observed so far:

• Quite a few own goals

• I've also had problems with excessive injuries (I've started about 4 saves and I've had on average 2-3 serious injuries within the first two months, plus abnormally frequent niggly ones as the season progresses). I'm not sure if it's AI affected as well but I noticed in friendlies that the AI opposition were getting the red injury notifications in the ME and were having to make changes (2 per match on one occasion). I'm happy to upload my data if it's useful or if it's an actual issue.

• Interface seems pretty slow going screen to screen. I'm running on a new laptop with an i7 processor, Geforce 740m and 16 Gb of RAM so I doubt it's me (unless it is!)

• Very hard to get goalkeepers playing out of defence. Defence doesn't seem to drop deep enough? Weirdly FM has always had this problem on release date.

Obviously this is early days, but so far I've enjoyed FM15 a lot. It's not quite perfect, but from my experience it's been far better than FM13 and FM14 were at launch. Very impressed so far, and definitely a great thing to build on.

Positives:

+ New match engine looks brilliant

+ Sidebar, once you get used to it, works very very well for the most part

+ New tactics screen, likewise, is an improvement for the most part

+ Minor things, like players with colds automatically being sent home

+ The new fog-of-war for attributes is brilliant! At least from the experience of managing a small club with poor scouting, it means I have to really start scouting players before I can tell how good they actually are

+ Combining the scouting with player search much more

Negatives:

- I'm unconvinced by the main title bar being used as a search engine - too often I misclick on a team or competition in the bar and have the search function appear. Would rather the bar be solely used for team hyperlinks etc

- Tactics screen, whist mostly good, has some issues that I'm not sure whether are intentional:

> - No easily visible player roles on the pitch anymore

> - Changing player roles takes up too much room and covers up player attributes, which are very useful when determining what role they should play

- In game team talks, it's impossible to tell if they've had any effect at all (unless I'm doing something wrong?)

- Match engine bizarre defending and passing, and too-awesome free kicks

Question: Does anyone know if players who whine about playing time are only appeased with starts, or do sub appearances count? i.e., is there any point bringing them on as subs?

I'd like an answer to this as well.

Generally, there seems to be very little transparency to player interaction\promises.

As in, you're never quite sure what choosing this option in the conversation will entail, what exactly it is that you've just promised a player, or what exactly you're expected to do to fulfill the promise.

Case in point - when a player asks you to leave there is an option to tell him "I won't actively look to sell you but I won't stand in your way if a reasonable bid comes in".

I picked this option because the club that player wanted to go to wasn't even interested in him, so I didn't expect any bid.

Little did I know that, as far as I can tell anyway, this is exactly the same as promising the player that he'll be sold. The functionality is the same.

It'd be nice to have more detailed explanations of what you need to do to fulfill a promise in the promises screen, as well as maybe adding tooltips to some conversation options telling you what you're technically doing here - although having clearer and more logical chats in the future would be preferable.

I've no shame in saying that I have started saving my game before making certain decisions with players that I haven't done before, simply because of how unpredictable the results are right now.

The injuries are frequent and annoying, but one thing I must say is the worst part of the current FM 15 build so far is the ridiculous new team happiness system. The scenarios they get mad at you for are unrealistic, happen too frequently, and last too long. I have a hard time believeing these angry group discussions happen at all, let alone every time someone wants a new contract, wants to leave, or wants more playing time--it's not their business but is somehow instant public knowledge.

Most egregiously: players would surely never come to the manager in a group saying they were mad that you didn't give a player a raise--who wrote that dialogue and thought it was realistic? It's a private discussion, and certainly not one that instantly spurs an angry group to stay mad at you unless you give in to their demands--and I'm a manager with high attributes. That's the worst example, but players ganging up on you for not wanting to sell a player and "blocking their dream" move--or demanding you give players more playing time--are almost as silly.

Not only is it unrealistic, but it ruins your team's morale: they instantly become mad at you and stay unhappy for quite a while, even if you can dissuade a segment of them. I wasn't sure about giving a 30 year old a a contract extension and raise, so the players demand you do so and become wildly unhappy when you disagree? This absolutely has to be balanced and fixed. I appreciate more options, but players ganging up on you instantly about a private conversation with another player and having terrible morale as a result is poor design. It's especially silly that they promise they'll run off and tell their teammates about the conversation to spite you, like children, guaranteeing the team gets mad. The contract example is so unrealistic it shouldn't be in the game at all, never mind balancing it. I love the game and appreciate all the work, but in terms of feedback, this is the one change/new feature that is just plain bad and should be removed.

The injuries are frequent and annoying, but one thing I must say is the worst part of the current FM 15 build so far is the ridiculous new team happiness system. Players would never come to the manager in a group saying they were mad that you didn't give a player a raise--who wrote that dialogue and thought it was realistic? That's the worst example, but players ganging up on you for not wanting to sell a player and "blocking their dream" move--or demanding you give players more playing time--are almost as silly.

Not only is it unrealistic, but it ruins your team because they instantly become mad at you and stay unhappy for quite a while. I wasn't sure about giving a 30 year old a a contract extension and raise, and the players demand you do so and become wildly unhappy when you disagree? This absolutely has to be balanced and fixed. I appreciate more options, but players ganging about about a private conversation with another player (which they promise they'll run off and tell their teammates about to spite you, like children) and having terrible morale ruins the game. The contract example is so unrealistic it shouldn't be in the game at all, never mind being balanced. I love the game and appreciate all the work, but in terms of feedback, this is the one change/new feature that is just plain bad and should be removed.

What he said. I have had a massive player revolt when I was trying to sell a player who was 30 and had players behind him who were almost as good. Why would (for example) Jack Wilshere complain about Arsenal selling Mesut Ozil in a few years to give him more game time????

On the subject of injuries it seems that the initial game set up can randomly create a situation where injuries occur at ridiculous levels for the first few weeks of a save (on rare occasions)

I had a save which started exactly like that giving me 17 injuries in 3 pre season weeks.

Having played that save on for half the season injuries quickly settled to normal levels without any input from me which seems to confirm it.

A new save under exactly the same conditions produced no crisis and probably fewer injuries than the norm which adds more confirmation.

So my advice is work through it as you would have to do irl or start again and hope for a better combination of variables when the game sets up.

What he said. I have had a massive player revolt when I was trying to sell a player who was 30 and had players behind him who were almost as good. Why would (for example) Jack Wilshere complain about Arsenal selling Mesut Ozil in a few years to give him more game time????

I do agree with you and HudoKudo about team meetings. Some of them are slightly unrealistic and should be looked at and changed.

The Mesut Ozil example is an interesting one, I actually sold him after my first season on FM15. Coentrao came to see me and asked why I'd let him go, I replied saying something like I'll be bringing in a replacement for him. The rest of the team didn't mention Ozil although if I went on their profiles they all had a little status saying they agreed with Coentrao about Ozil. I agree with your Wilshere example if it was another member of the squad who was worse or similar in ability to him but most players want to keep a competitive squad. I eventually signed Draxler and everyone was happy with that.

Throughout the summer at Arsenal IRL Giroud and Arteta were talking about the need to bring in higher quality players to Arsenal, they must have known any new players were likely to battle them for a place in the team, but they wanted a more competitive Arsenal they could win trophies with.

Sometimes it's not as clear-cut as your Ozil example :)

It is when Ozil's 29/30 and I sell him for £30m..... it was obviously the right decision with Wilshere still there. Ironically, he then left for CL football a year later and I got Gotze on a bosman instead ;-)

:lol: Fair play! Gotze always seemed to get let go on the previous FM too, it's like the Bayern Munich AI just don't like him :p

I had a pile of injuries in one of my saves, but I was rushing 35 year old free transfer part-time Serbians into the first team after our preseason was over.

At a broad stroke I really like the new player interaction system. In past FMs it's been super-easy to 1) keep players at the club and 2) shift out long-term senior players. I haven't played any one save long enough to know - is the "sold popular teammate" relationship malus something huge that lasts forever?

The injuries are frequent and annoying, but one thing I must say is the worst part of the current FM 15 build so far is the ridiculous new team happiness system. The scenarios they get mad at you for are unrealistic, happen too frequently, and last too long. I have a hard time believeing these angry group discussions happen at all, let alone every time someone wants a new contract, wants to leave, or wants more playing time--it's not their business but is somehow instant public knowledge.

Most egregiously: players would surely never come to the manager in a group saying they were mad that you didn't give a player a raise--who wrote that dialogue and thought it was realistic? It's a private discussion, and certainly not one that instantly spurs an angry group to stay mad at you unless you give in to their demands--and I'm a manager with high attributes. That's the worst example, but players ganging up on you for not wanting to sell a player and "blocking their dream" move--or demanding you give players more playing time--are almost as silly.

Not only is it unrealistic, but it ruins your team's morale: they instantly become mad at you and stay unhappy for quite a while, even if you can dissuade a segment of them. I wasn't sure about giving a 30 year old a a contract extension and raise, so the players demand you do so and become wildly unhappy when you disagree? This absolutely has to be balanced and fixed. I appreciate more options, but players ganging up on you instantly about a private conversation with another player and having terrible morale as a result is poor design. It's especially silly that they promise they'll run off and tell their teammates about the conversation to spite you, like children, guaranteeing the team gets mad. The contract example is so unrealistic it shouldn't be in the game at all, never mind balancing it. I love the game and appreciate all the work, but in terms of feedback, this is the one change/new feature that is just plain bad and should be removed.

It's no secret that obfuscating certain features are part of the design philosophy.

Just looked at my scouts and not sure if it's a bug but have 3 issues:

1) I can't see how to cancel an assignment?

2) My scout is looking at the English Premiership, and telling me about the likes of Hazard, etc. But I'm Cork City so not good to me what so ever.

3) I've asked her to scout the Irish Premiership and make it urgent, but it still says "preparing" after months while she continues to scout the English premiership

There seems to be a bug if Tutoring works "too well". I bought Zivkovic and had him tutored by Van Persie. At the end of the tutoring he got "professional" personality like Van Persie, and his determination went up to 19 (same as Van Persie). However, I got the message that "Zivkovic feels there was no way he could learn from a player when there was such a clear difference in personality between them", and they're both unhappy.

Just looked at my scouts and not sure if it's a bug but have 3 issues:

1) I can't see how to cancel an assignment?

2) My scout is looking at the English Premiership, and telling me about the likes of Hazard, etc. But I'm Cork City so not good to me what so ever.

3) I've asked her to scout the Irish Premiership and make it urgent, but it still says "preparing" after months while she continues to scout the English premiership

There's a red button on the right hand edge of the Assignments panel. Click that to cancel an assignment :)

Archived