Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Apologies if already posted, but has anyone else had the following issue...

I'm not far into my career, and every so often every player name in the game will suddenly only show first names, no surnames. They're still there if you go to the player information page, but not on their profile/team selection etc.

I've also had one occasion when they've all been replaced by seemingly random words (likewise the real name was still in info, but not on profile etc.)

The only way I've found to remove this is reloading a previous save - anyone know any other way around or how to stop it happening?

Best start a thread here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goals Goal Goals..Too many goals. Playing League if Ireland so not sure if its the gulf between the top 6 and bottom 6 but even computer scores are high! 4-1/5-1/5-2 etc!

Played 8, scored 27, conceded 15 and just beat the champions 6-1. Lost first game 5-1 etc etc

Very few draws in the league, 10 draws from a league of 12 teams from 8 rounds of fixtures.. A little unrealistic

Goals Goal Goals..Too many goals. Playing League if Ireland so not sure if its the gulf between the top 6 and bottom 6 but even computer scores are high! 4-1/5-1/5-2 etc!

Played 8, scored 27, conceded 15 and just beat the champions 6-1. Lost first game 5-1 etc etc

Very few draws in the league, 10 draws from a league of 12 teams from 8 rounds of fixtures.. A little unrealistic

It's stated in the first post of the thread that there are too many goals scored, particularly at lower levels. Rest assured, SI is perfectly aware of the issue :)

Just a couple of silly player interactions I've encountered that I want to bring up.

I am Manager of Gladbach in the Bundesliga.

Filip Daems who has been at the club for a decade and is club captain, came to me during pre-season complaining that he couldn't settle. So I sent he on extended leave. This is slightly bizarre, but it get's better, and by that, I mean worse.

We're in December now, the same player was recommended to me by my assistant manager and I agreed, that he was no longer needed at the club, he wasn't part of first team, or rotation team plans and he's getting on in age.

So I listed him as no longer needed, he didn't bat an eyelash.

The moment I tried to take his captaincy, he came a running and complaining, the same player who apparently couldn't settle, and didn't care that I had listed him as no longer needed, came crying that I took his captaincy.

Suggesting that he was the best player for the job, etc, etc.

This. Is. Nonsense.

Just a couple of silly player interactions I've encountered that I want to bring up.

I know you're just leaving feedback, but it would be really, really useful if you (or anyone else, really) keep a save from just before something like this happens and report it in the bugs forum. :thup:

After just over a week and 70+ hours actual game-time I've completed my first season. I watched every league game in full detail and decided to test the Beta by selecting Barcelona and attempting an extreme possesion tactic. The intention was not necessarily to win everything but to test the match engine. Anyways, heres my feedback for what its worth...

I love the new U/I, very intuitive and colourful. The Tactics screen remains the one blight but after 70hours I'm getting use to it. I would like more statisical analysis tools such as average team passes, length of passes etc.. Information much more in line with statistics now available on sites such as whoscored.com & espn.com.

The Match Engine, obviously still in Beta, initially appears to be a move forward from last years incarnation. At the very least the graphical representation looks much slicker/ realistic, however I still have a number of observations.

Possesion tactics remain a problem, I finished the season with an average possesion of near 57%. That was not only the greatest number in La Liga but in all the Leagues I was running. If you check the websites I mentioned earlier you will find that the actual figure is closer to 65%. Now as I previously stated I set out for a possesion tactic. So my tactics were all set to options to increase this number, shorter passing, fewer risky passes, shoot less often, cross left often, play narrower, etc.. etc.. It was noticeable in-game that my opponents appeared to set-out to match my possesion tactic. They always appeared to pass the ball beautifully, somehow it appeared the long pass was just as likely to succeed as a 5 yard pass. In-fact the 60 yard cross field pass is beautiful but everyone can seem to do it & every recipitent can collect such a pass.

In a game, the total number of passes would appear to be between 1000-1100 divided between the two team. So as Barcelona I averaged about 560 therefore my opponents averaged about 400ish. They somehow all became pass masters. Now this was true of every game, Eibar v Almeria would follow the same model. 1000-1100 passes in that game, the only difference being instead of a completion rate similar to the in-game Barcelona (85%) they were closer to 80%. I can only assume every teams tactics were extreme possesion tactics similar to mine. If you check the actual statistics your average game, not included Barcelona or Bayern, would be 700-800. Pass completion rates also suffer similarly, the difference between the best and worse teams is usually about 25% but the game appears to narrow that down to about 10%.

Some other things I've noticed,

I noticed a huge number of back-passes to the Goalkeeper, 45 back-passes in one game being the highest.

A weird number of shots from about the halfway line, 3 in one game from inside my own-half being the most noticable.

An inability for players to follow instructions, as in even though all instructions were set-up not to, about 50% of shots were still long shots. The same could be said for crosses.

Many short passes still appear to hit the backside of the intended recipitent, as I mentioned earlier it feels like long passes have more chance of success.

Players still appear to shoot at the near-post from impobable goal-scoring chances, leading to high numbers of woodwork being struck( and misses when the pull-back would have been clearly more likely to end in a goal).

Even in an extreme possesion tactic, players love to clear that ball far too often.

Messi's( as the extreme example) first-touch/ control appears no better than most other players.

Inverted full-backs don't invert.

I'm not convinced with any of the new player positions to be fair and if we're losing control of the sliders we need much more variants. That is unless anyone can tell me how to recreate Albada's role in Bayern's back three?

Anyhoos, that should be enough to be getting on with. Please note that I think this version is a notable step-forward. I also had images to post to support my feedback but apparently don't have the privilleges.

Playing around with the BETA to get a feel of the game and like many having a good few problems but also many good things too.

One of my biggest gripes is players diving as if into a swimming pool whenever anyone is near them, just looks so stupid.

Defenders seemingly not knowing where the ball is when it's literally at their feet, then a forward pops up and taps it into the goal, happens 3-4 times a game.

Back passes, just far too many.

Players moaning about extra training even after I lower their training.

Keepers making saves then inexplicably do something daft and either forward scores or defender scores own goal.

I know this is probably LTTP , but is there any way to assign all players needing match fitness to the reserves in one click like there was in 14 ?

lbxKz48.png

You only have the option to set every player listed in the bottom column as available or to do do it manually. In FM14 there were multiple options to save having to do every player individually.

I'd also noticed this, as had my housemate - would be interesting to see if there's an answer one way or the other - I skimmed through responses but couldn't see anything relating to this.

I'd also noticed this, as had my housemate - would be interesting to see if there's an answer one way or the other - I skimmed through responses but couldn't see anything relating to this.

Yeah I'm the same, this needs a quick button so that everyone who needs match fitness can be selected in one click

Yeah, I miss the 'set this for all players needing match fitness' button. Takes much longer having to select it for each player :/

After just over a week and 70+ hours actual game-time I've completed my first season. I watched every league game in full detail and decided to test the Beta by selecting Barcelona and attempting an extreme possesion tactic. The intention was not necessarily to win everything but to test the match engine. Anyways, heres my feedback for what its worth...

I love the new U/I, very intuitive and colourful. The Tactics screen remains the one blight but after 70hours I'm getting use to it. I would like more statisical analysis tools such as average team passes, length of passes etc.. Information much more in line with statistics now available on sites such as whoscored.com & espn.com.

The Match Engine, obviously still in Beta, initially appears to be a move forward from last years incarnation. At the very least the graphical representation looks much slicker/ realistic, however I still have a number of observations.

Possesion tactics remain a problem, I finished the season with an average possesion of near 57%. That was not only the greatest number in La Liga but in all the Leagues I was running. If you check the websites I mentioned earlier you will find that the actual figure is closer to 65%. Now as I previously stated I set out for a possesion tactic. So my tactics were all set to options to increase this number, shorter passing, fewer risky passes, shoot less often, cross left often, play narrower, etc.. etc.. It was noticeable in-game that my opponents appeared to set-out to match my possesion tactic. They always appeared to pass the ball beautifully, somehow it appeared the long pass was just as likely to succeed as a 5 yard pass. In-fact the 60 yard cross field pass is beautiful but everyone can seem to do it & every recipitent can collect such a pass.

In a game, the total number of passes would appear to be between 1000-1100 divided between the two team. So as Barcelona I averaged about 560 therefore my opponents averaged about 400ish. They somehow all became pass masters. Now this was true of every game, Eibar v Almeria would follow the same model. 1000-1100 passes in that game, the only difference being instead of a completion rate similar to the in-game Barcelona (85%) they were closer to 80%. I can only assume every teams tactics were extreme possesion tactics similar to mine. If you check the actual statistics your average game, not included Barcelona or Bayern, would be 700-800. Pass completion rates also suffer similarly, the difference between the best and worse teams is usually about 25% but the game appears to narrow that down to about 10%.

I noticed a huge number of back-passes to the Goalkeeper, 45 back-passes in one game being the highest.

A weird number of shots from about the halfway line, 3 in one game from inside my own-half being the most noticable.

An inability for players to follow instructions, as in even though all instructions were set-up not to, about 50% of shots were still long shots. The same could be said for crosses.

Many short passes still appear to hit the backside of the intended recipitent, as I mentioned earlier it feels like long passes have more chance of success.

Players still appear to shoot at the near-post from impobable goal-scoring chances, leading to high numbers of woodwork being struck( and misses when the pull-back would have been clearly more likely to end in a goal).

Even in an extreme possesion tactic, players love to clear that ball far too often.

Messi's( as the extreme example) first-touch/ control appears no better than most other players.

I'm not convinced with any of the new player positions to be fair and if we're losing control of the sliders we need much more variants. That is unless anyone can tell me how to recreate Albada's role in Bayern's back three?

Anyhoos, that should be enough to be getting on with. Please note that I think this version is a notable step-forward. I also had images to post to support my feedback but apparently don't have the privilleges.

yep all of above are how it is. remains to be seen what can be resolved on update

I agree with the posts above saying that the match engine appears to be an improvement. The only gripes I have are (some already stated):

- Far too many backpasses to the keeper, sometimes from around the half way line when mentality is set to attacking, get forward, more direct passing etc etc.

- Control being pretty much the same for everyone

- Players not sticking to their roles, e.g. playmaker will play a square ball to the centre back when a forward pass is available, and the CB will then launch a 70 yard pass to the winger (often working, in all fairness - but then, everyone's passing seems of a similar standard, like control)

- Unrealistic amount of silly errors from keepers who look solid (not a high eccentricity rating etc.) - crosses completely missed, balls thrown straight to the opposition, throws to full backs sailing into the stands (the latter happening 3-4 times per game if the keeper is told to throw to full backs regularly).

- Unconvinced by the new roles - they sound good but in practice haven't really worked yet. In particular 'wide playmaker' doesn't seem to be very productive.

That being said, I still think the engine is a step forward from FM14.

Well written!

I also have the same issues which just makes me wonder if the ME just is a fancy feature with already premade moves. Cant really read anything out of it since players dont follow instructions.

It would be understandable if playing a mediocre team, but world class players? They can do more than just "try" to follow the instructions given after a full season. You tried with Barca in your save, i managed

Man Utd in mine. And these endlessly first post finishes from no angle instead of passing are a great test of my patience. We learn from 4-5 years of age when we start play football, "make a diagonal backpass in to the box" but not the ME, same

issues year in and year out which is sad.

Regards

AI asking price is very crazy, i want to buy vidal from juventus and juventus set asking price 241 million pounds. meanwhile clubs always bid below value for my players.

You might want to buy but Juventus don't want to sell hence the counter offer for Vidal.

As for sales no one in their right mind starts at the value, learn to negotiate, the AI club will either increase their offer or walk away.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Is this a bug or intended? I cant seem to sign players in my low league England save. I started out as Whitehawk in Vanarama Conference South, Won the leauge and now I cant seem to sign anyone to replace the scrubs I didnt renew contract for. No jokes. Even players who are out of contracts dont want to sign for me. I've had about 20 different transfers accepted from teams in the the South and North Conference only for the players not to want to play for me in the higher Conference. Like I said before, even players that are on these teams without an actual contract in place will not even let me offer them wages because they have no interest in signing for me. Apparently they want to play for free?

Performance is always going to be poor. It has a throttled netbook cpu that's scored really poorly in benchmarks.

I assume you've scaled the resolution back ? as playing at native on that device is going to cause problems.

Thank you for your reply. I have lowered screen resolution. Can you suggest anything else to speed things up? I was going to purchase the Lenovo 2 pro before the Lenovo 3 came out. This had an •Intel® Core™ i7-4510U Processor. Do you think I would be better purchasing this? As I still have time to return the 3. Thanks

I always start in the lowest leagues so my feedback is only about issues with lower teams. I started in Norway 2014 and holidayed a season so I can take over a newly promoted team.

With a new team, there is never any staff already in the team so you have to find new staff even though the add staff feature is enabled.It also impossible to sign some staff for a low rep team. No scout or assman wanted to sign for the club.

Defense is shocking, prob has to do with the quality of my players, but seeing everyone else has a problem with this I'm starting to think it's a bug. Only very structured style of play has some result.

Long balls are amazingly accurate at this level. Crappy defence and scoring with long balls creates high scoring games which is my next point.

High scoring games are very frequent. 6-4, 5-2 are very common results. (I'll add a pic later when I get home)L

Love the new scouting and attribute system, but there is a flaw with it as well. Once you resign from a club, the players attributes from your former club become invisible immediately after resignation. It's like you never knew the player and forgot about their skills. This might be a low club issue, but not very realistic if you ask me.

Aside from items above, I'm really enjoying the beta so far. My favourite improvement is the scouting and ranged attributes system. And I also like that the stadium can now have an open side (for small stadiums) showing the surrounding landscape.

More player interaction madness:

- Bid comes in, rejected.

- Player upset, makes me promise to accept the next bid.

- End of transfer window, mass squad revolt. Why? Because apparently accepting the next bid means actively trying to sell player.

Sigh.

Edit: Just to add, all the way up until the last day of the transfer window, the "Promises" screen says "Pleased moves with regard to being sold are making progress."

Edit 2: It actually says "Completed" after the end of the transfer window, with a green circle. But team revolt happens at the next continue.

There seems to be a bug when making a partly non-negotiable transfer offer. I made an offer for a player and the selling team negotiated the offer to non-negotiable £18.25M fee. I rejected that and made another offer of £2.5M cash (non-negotiable) plus £15M in monthly installments. The selling them then negotiated the offer to £2.5M non-negotiable cash offer without any future installments.

There seems to be a bug when making a partly non-negotiable transfer offer. I made an offer for a player and the selling team negotiated the offer to non-negotiable £18.25M fee. I rejected that and made another offer of £2.5M cash (non-negotiable) plus £15M in monthly installments. The selling them then negotiated the offer to £2.5M non-negotiable cash offer without any future installments.

Please report it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/425-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

- Exeter City not realistic - they were under a transfer embargo until around 29th August and then in the game they were signing lots of players when in reality they have no money to spend. I imagine it would be the same for lots of other clubs.

- Too many injuries. As Real Madrid I have had to dip into the reserve / youth team

- Too inflated prices for young talent who have just got into the U18s

- When using auto-select for World Club Championships, 2 players who were on long-term injuries were selected despite not being able to play a single minute.

- Board not realistic - asked for more money, got told no, and then 2 days later £40M was available for transfers.

- Too many high scoring games - I have had 8:0, 7:1,7:0, 6:4, 6:3, 5:4 in some of the games with a couple of repeats. I defeated Man City as R. Madrid 7:0, Barcelona were beaten 6:3, At. Madrid 6:4 - a bit unrealistic.

Having played through 5 1/2 seasons I will admit I am struggling with it more than i have ever have (but loving every minute of it).

I have managed 5 clubs and been sacked twice and resigned once before I got sacked.

My main issues are with creating any consistency with my tactics, I can go 3 games winning in style then go onto a 8/9 game losing streak. I presume it’s a tactic issue, but having played CM/FM since cm2, I have never had problems with tactics like this. Also the AI team always seems to score in the dying moments of a game. This I can cope with but is frustrating when it happens in the vast majority of games. Jumping from club to club and losing game after game is not a fun ride, I had to leave Torino after 9 games without winning in a row as I cruised them into the relegation zone from 12th in the league.

Also I find the player moods to changeable, I understand they are human, but a whole team being upset and causing the team potentially to lose games because I am not playing a reserve striker who can’t score is a bit absurd

However on the plus side, The transfer side is much improved, you can really negotiate with clubs now as well as contracts, having decided not to go over x amount on sign on fee or agent feeit has really made negotiating more fun as the AI is willing to compromise. The game is awesome and I am really enjoying it, if only I could get some consistency! The scouting is very good, the chairman interaction is enjoyable as well. The new side bar is so simple to navigate and I like all the extra information! so overall very happy with the game!

Yea cos I've been an alpha backer of Elite Dangerous and I clearly don't understand what a beta is. The naivety of people is staggering.

I think I worded that badly. I meant SI haven't released a beta so people can start their careers two weeks early, so complaining that things are wrong and that the game is hopeless completely misses the point of what a beta is intended to do.

I always start in the lowest leagues so my feedback is only about issues with lower teams. I started in Norway 2014 and holidayed a season so I can take over a newly promoted team.

With a new team, there is never any staff already in the team so you have to find new staff even though the add staff feature is enabled.It also impossible to sign some staff for a low rep team. No scout or assman wanted to sign for the club.

Defense is shocking, prob has to do with the quality of my players, but seeing everyone else has a problem with this I'm starting to think it's a bug. Only very structured style of play has some result.

Long balls are amazingly accurate at this level. Crappy defence and scoring with long balls creates high scoring games which is my next point.

High scoring games are very frequent. 6-4, 5-2 are very common results. (I'll add a pic later when I get home)L

Love the new scouting and attribute system, but there is a flaw with it as well. Once you resign from a club, the players attributes from your former club become invisible immediately after resignation. It's like you never knew the player and forgot about their skills. This might be a low club issue, but not very realistic if you ask me.

Aside from items above, I'm really enjoying the beta so far. My favourite improvement is the scouting and ranged attributes system. And I also like that the stadium can now have an open side (for small stadiums) showing the surrounding landscape.

High scores at low level is known (read first post in this thread)

Too accurate long balls (and first time control of them) also known.

All in all you're getting what You should expect at this stage with a lot of improvements to come.

You might want to bug report the staff problem.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Is this a bug or intended? I cant seem to sign players in my low league England save. I started out as Whitehawk in Vanarama Conference South, Won the leauge and now I cant seem to sign anyone to replace the scrubs I didnt renew contract for. No jokes. Even players who are out of contracts dont want to sign for me. I've had about 20 different transfers accepted from teams in the the South and North Conference only for the players not to want to play for me in the higher Conference. Like I said before, even players that are on these teams without an actual contract in place will not even let me offer them wages because they have no interest in signing for me. Apparently they want to play for free?

Please report it as a bug here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/425-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Can anyone confirm how old the the Beta ME actually is?

Was it the best they had when it was released on 23rd October or is it actually a couple of months old or something?

Just trying to manage my expectations for the full release :thup:

Can anyone confirm how old the the Beta ME actually is?

Was it the best they had when it was released on 23rd October or is it actually a couple of months old or something?

Just trying to manage my expectations for the full release :thup:

No they can't (and won't) but I can tell you that it is in a way irrelevant as progress on it is more hour by hour than week by week :)

Your best guide will be the change list when they publish it.

Until then have a bit of faith :D

No they can't (and won't) but I can tell you that it is in a way irrelevant as progress on it is more hour by hour than week by week :)

Your best guide will be the change list when they publish it.

Until then have a bit of faith :D

i have faith man..... ;)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. It's not game changing, but a bit annoying. Twice I've asked for feeder clubs where some of that clubs players come into my youth intake. When the affiliations were set up, it was only the first option on the clubs players affiliation, not the youth intake affiliation that I had requested.

I've got to the point on my save where a large amount of my scout reports are returning the summary "The club cannot currently afford this player."

Is this a bug? Honestly, most players I scout, the response doesn't tell me if a player is recommended or not, it just says I can't afford them. (I actually can afford some of them if I alter my wage budget).

But the point is, I don't care if I cannot 'currently' afford said player, I deal with the money myself, just tell me if he's good or not?

Cheers

I've got to the point on my save where a large amount of my scout reports are returning the summary "The club cannot currently afford this player."

Is this a bug? Honestly, most players I scout, the response doesn't tell me if a player is recommended or not, it just says I can't afford them. (I actually can afford some of them if I alter my wage budget).

But the point is, I don't care if I cannot 'currently' afford said player, I deal with the money myself, just tell me if he's good or not?

Cheers

THis is also annoying when scounting potential loan candidates. Of course I can't afford him, that is why I am trying to loan the guy ;).

In a futile mistake to increase my transfer budget I sold Sergi & Alves before realising Barcelona were about to be under a transfer embargo.

Adriano immediately cries foul, I inform him I'm looking to purchase a player before the transfer window closes. I make a few offers, Fiorentina want £64 million for Cuarrado and my scouts insist he's nowhere near worth it. I have two bids accepted for Reus & Hummels. They're expensive but hopefully worth it. They're both really keen to come. They both want ridiculous wages but I'm going to pay it until, both want signing on fees of £11.5m with the agent demanding £7.5. They won't budge. Window closes. Transfer embargo hits, Adriano throws a hissy fit. I explain I tried he won't accept it. Whole squad demand a team meeting to discuss my treatment of Adriano. 24 players unhappy. 5 or 6 players remain unhappy throughout the season, including Suarez & Neymar. Sometimes it's tough being an imaginary football manager.

*Can one of the Mods explain why I don't have permission to post attachments, and if this means I can never post images to support my feedback? Thanks :-)

*Can one of the Mods explain why I don't have permission to post attachments, and if this means I can never post images to support my feedback? Thanks :-)

Nobody can, you need to use a file hosting site like PhotoBucket.

Archived