Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

May I ask how scoring can be "better than on beta release", as there was only one update so far which however didn't make any changes to the match engine?

This game was released last Friday?/Thursday as an open beta. That is what I am referring to. In terms of it being better I am talking with regards to the two updates there have been, 15.0.1 and 15.0.2.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if already posted, there is a lot to read through. On my squad screen I added CA, PA and Value columns and a couple of ingame days later PA and Value had both disappeared and are not available to add again. PA has now reappeared but Value is still missing.

Defender AI is horrendous!!!!

One of my CB stupidly dallied in the opposition box and harassed the Goalie and got a yellow card. Then he proceeds to lounge into a tackle as if no booking, and gets sent off..

Really SI???

:lol::applause:

For anyone that didn't get it, he's referring to Chris Smalling getting sent off for Man United today IRL

Question re an update to public beta and its not the usual will there be one and when...

Does SI have any intention of releasing an update to beta pre release ?

Not a question anyone can answer really..

My guess would be that at this point, SI will be working hard right until release date and then release the game with all fixes/updates included then... but just a guess.

stamina between the 4 of them ranges from 12 to 14, so not great. i've been using 2 primary tactics, one with close down more and one without. even if they are using up their energy closing down though, surely that would be spread out through the rest of the team and not jsut the centrebacks?

I know this is probably LTTP , but is there any way to assign all players needing match fitness to the reserves in one click like there was in 14 ?

lbxKz48.png

You only have the option to set every player listed in the bottom column as available or to do do it manually. In FM14 there were multiple options to save having to do every player individually.

Not a question anyone can answer really..

My guess would be that at this point, SI will be working hard right until release date and then release the game with all fixes/updates included then... but just a guess.

It is a question that can be answered...I agree they can't answer whether they will or won't definitively as something might happen to hold it up...but whether they have an intention to release one is another question which is entirely answerable...not trying to be smart here but just wondering if they intend to or not...if not all good...that just means wait until release day which is fine. I agree with you that they'll probably wait until then and is probably as well to do so at this stage.

Injuries are absolutely infuriating. Happening on every single save so far (and lots of torn hamstrings?). They seem to happen in-game and are not training related. I know SI posted something about statistically there being less injuries over a season, but that can't be right can it?

It is a question that can be answered...I agree they can't answer whether they will or won't definitively as something might happen to hold it up...but whether they have an intention to release one is another question which is entirely answerable...not trying to be smart here but just wondering if they intend to or not...if not all good...that just means wait until release day which is fine. I agree with you that they'll probably wait until then and is probably as well to do so at this stage.

If they release a update I would think it will be released before or the day off the demo release I would imagine

Injuries are absolutely infuriating. Happening on every single save so far (and lots of torn hamstrings?). They seem to happen in-game and are not training related. I know SI posted something about statistically there being less injuries over a season, but that can't be right can it?[/quoteI offered dummett for ings and £1 mil and tey wanted £12 mil so i cancelled the offer then they bid £625k for dummet so i said i want that and ings and they accepted so surely it must be some kind of bug]

On my save am five seasons in and have had hardly any injuries at the 3 clubs ive been with

Injuries are absolutely infuriating. Happening on every single save so far (and lots of torn hamstrings?). They seem to happen in-game and are not training related. I know SI posted something about statistically there being less injuries over a season, but that can't be right can it?

It's highly unlikely it's anything other than bad luck, your training regime, or not rotating your players enough. It might even be a combination of all three. Personally I've had very few injuries in FM15, I actually think they'd need to slightly increase injuries. I did have an initial injury crisis at the start of my first season but it only last a few weeks and these things happen in real life too :)

Back again with another observation, although this might be something I just can't find for the life of me.

In the scouting page, there doesn't seem to be a way to easily see the stats of the scouts. In FM14, you could see a list of JPA and JCA so you knew which scouts were best suited for a given assignment. Now, you have to either memorize 15+ scout stats or just go random.

- The whole player interaction feature is a poor tuned/tested bullsh1t. I'll give you one example. So in the end december 2014 Balde Keita came to me to discuss personal matters, no problem bro, my doors always open to players. He said there's an interest for me from Chelsea (in fact there were no bids or even a teams actually interest in player) and I want you to accept the bid when it comes. I answered, I still need you, on what term you're going to stay? He said, I want to be a key player and team must be build around me. I said, okay, you're a key player in my books and I'm going to offer you a contract in next few days that will reflect your status. He said okay, his morale increased. On the next day my whole team became unhappy and demanded a team meeting. They asked me to let Keita Leave if he wants and don't ruin his carrier, oh really..

This. You tell them they'll be a key player and will offer a new contract, and most of the time they won't even want to talk about a new contract because they're still "slightly concerned." This happens so often and really should have been noticed.

Hi there, I've just purchased the new Lenovo yoga 3 pro with a m-5y70 processor and I have found even on classic mode in the beta version it is running very slow. I would appreciated any advice to speed my game up. Thanks in advance for any help. Graeme

Performance is always going to be poor. It has a throttled netbook cpu that's scored really poorly in benchmarks.

I assume you've scaled the resolution back ? as playing at native on that device is going to cause problems.

Thought i'd give my two cents on this game in the form of a rap, (please read it like one):

Guess who's back with a brand new rap,

a manager with more than one international cap

I wrote this rap with one primary aim,

to evaluate the beta of this years game

Now the Match engine's better don't get me wrong,

but things need fixing, like passes that are long

Keepers and Defenders are incredibly poor,

and selecting teams just feels like a chore

The tactics screen is a massive step back,

change it back to last years and get back on track

All i ever see is goals goals goals,

mainly because the defenders leave massive holes

Now i've finished this and given all the data,

but we have to remember this is still in BETA

So now lets stop attacking them like a massive mob,

and just let SI get on with their job.

Thank you

It can and is but that doesn't mean you won't occasionally get a rogue save where it goes berserk (I've had one such and abandoned it)

That's the choice really, if it starts badly either start a new save or fight your way through the crisis, if you keep going it always works out eventually.

Hi guys,

Apologies for not reading through the whole thread, this has most likely been mentioned before.. but just in case:

Is it just me who thinks the gameplay seriously contains a lot of unrealistic moments almost every game? Played a full season with Arsenal (ok, almost) and it looks like a lot of players (both mine and the opposition) make tons of errors and gift away heaps of goals, some of them seriously unrealistic. Also, I've tried everything in defense but in most games the opposition will have multiple one-on-ones. The defenders' positioning is usually very poor, tackling is almost non - existent. Then it also looks like, no matter how short passing I want, my best moments come when one of my players just plays it long, straight to the forward. Obviously I'm missing some stuff as I'm only watching the 'key' highlights in every game but still, sometimes it's like watching players with absolutely zero intelligence out there.

By the way, results-wise it's been a strange season. I was in the same CL group with PSG, BvB and Sparta Prague. Sparta went on to win the group (beating me twice in the process!) but I still managed to get through, after getting 9 points vs PSG, BvB.

Other than that, I've thoroughly enjoyed everything else about this game so far. Had every game of the series from the very first CM in the early 90s until FM 11, where I was playing for 4 years and got to the year 2150 :D

Sorry for the long post.

So I have an excellent team and some of my youth players stand no chance of getting into the first team yet I sell one with no hope and the entire first team are up in arms asking why I sold the player. Now everyone is unhappy. This is really annoying that it happens so often not that it happens at all.

It was, long before you saw it :) but fixes aren't click an on/off switch simple.

Okay, I mean, there's probably a list of things with higher priority, but this one really does seem to be on/off switch simple. Just always remove the "concerned" status and allow contract talks on the successful conclusion of the conversation, like happens with the other interactions.

Is anyone else noticing changes in match fitness from previous years? My players seem to be unable to stay at 100% match fitness despite playing every week, and despite not having recovered to 100% condition from the previous week. It probably doesn't matter that much (it's usually 98% MF and 95-99% condition), but it seems curious.

Is anyone else noticing changes in match fitness from previous years? My players seem to be unable to stay at 100% match fitness despite playing every week, and despite not having recovered to 100% condition from the previous week. It probably doesn't matter that much (it's usually 98% MF and 95-99% condition), but it seems curious.

Are players in real life always 100% match fit/condition, probably not and the game is probably showing that, as long as they're above 90% that's enough for me

Yeah it's been changed this year to make it more realistic :)

Okay, I mean, there's probably a list of things with higher priority, but this one really does seem to be on/off switch simple. Just always remove the "concerned" status and allow contract talks on the successful conclusion of the conversation, like happens with the other interactions.

Not that simple I'm told but even if it isn't I hope it and a lot of other interaction stuff gets a seeing to :)

Apologies if already posted, but has anyone else had the following issue...

I'm not far into my career, and every so often every player name in the game will suddenly only show first names, no surnames. They're still there if you go to the player information page, but not on their profile/team selection etc.

I've also had one occasion when they've all been replaced by seemingly random words (likewise the real name was still in info, but not on profile etc.)

The only way I've found to remove this is reloading a previous save - anyone know any other way around or how to stop it happening?

right..overall..some massive improvements to the game from fm14-15...however as an avid online player for the the last 3 years I have noticed playing single player its easy to get jobs from being sacked.....its also way to easy to get jobs going forward..8 teams in 2 seasons ive had reports from a fellow onliner...crazy..is these being toned down for full release?

When choosing past playing experience, what is the difference between:

Professional Footballer (regional level)

Professional Footballer (national level)

Well the difference relates to how well known you are. A regionally known player will only really be known in a certain area in and around where he plays his football (or by those people that choose to take a real interest in him). A nationally known player is famous enough that his name is recognisable largely all over the country he plays in. The game also reflects the difference in giving more tactical attribute points to the nationally known player.

Archived