Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Great work. I know this is a question that wont be answered, but is this the last patch for the beta before it gets updated to full launch on release day? I'm holding off starting a new (proper) game until release but I guess what I'm asking is...is the beta as it currently is as close to being the full game? Excluding editor functionality etc. Or is data going to be updated right up to release?

Anyone else started their full proper save game?

As Miles said "We're going to roll out an update to #FM15beta this evening with loads of bug fixes. Not the final game, mind. Will tweet again when it's up"

Not the final game. I would assume we may get a patch Friday?? Possibly 15.1.0 maybe

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm getting scouting issues playing as Arsenal and getting scouts asking to "Stop Scouting X League/Competition", the X has at different times been La Liga, English Premier League, Champions League for reasons such as the league not being good enough. Which shouldnt be true

I have had Steve Rowley ask me about 15 times to stop scouting the Mexican league. Everytime I have said yes, he comes and asks again about a month later. (on 15.0.2 this was)

• Administrators
Great work. I know this is a question that wont be answered, but is this the last patch for the beta before it gets updated to full launch on release day? I'm holding off starting a new (proper) game until release but I guess what I'm asking is...is the beta as it currently is as close to being the full game? Excluding editor functionality etc. Or is data going to be updated right up to release?

The update has barely been out 10 minutes. Give it some time. Don't know when the next one will be. All depends.

Well we can't know for sure, I guess it all depends on how the game behaves after this patch, don't think that SI plan on patching again but they will if they have too. As for me, I will start my proper save game right now.

You won't be told as nothing is finite at any time.

I'm in the fourth season of my "proper save"

Plenty of changes with the new update. Good work, SI. Looking forward to playing it again tomorrow.

Does anyone know if the adjusted Eredivisie wages also affects the wage(s) players ask for when renewing contracts? It was a bug and a fairly life-sapping one. Players like Lasse Schøne would ask for €70,000-a-week.

• SI Staff
I have had Steve Rowley ask me about 15 times to stop scouting the Mexican league. Everytime I have said yes, he comes and asks again about a month later. (on 15.0.2 this was)

Did you post this in the bugs forum?

If not could you please start a thread here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/428-Scouting

Cheers,

Ben

You won't be told as nothing is finite at any time.

I'm in the fourth season of my "proper save"

Fair enough guv. Don't quite know why I'm being so OCD with this as the game gets patched post-launch - so there isn't really anything stopping me from starting over now.

The idea of a Beta is that you tell us :D

We have. Not sure if anyone has in here specifically, but its been raised in the Dutch data thread and one of the bugs threads I believe. There were (are) two issues - the wages in general and a bug where players ask for astronomical wage packets. I was just asking to see if the latter had been rectified.

We have. Not sure if anyone has in here specifically, but its been raised in the Dutch data thread and one of the bugs threads I believe. There were (are) two issues - the wages in general and a bug where players ask for astronomical wage packets. I was just asking to see if the latter had been rectified.

No Llew, I mean you tell us if it's now fixed, they can't list every change made here, some things you just have to play the game and see for yourself.

Surely its not right that Sligo rovers (one of the biggest clubs in Ireland) bring 7 fans to an away game with Athlone Town. Even though Athlone dont have a big reputation this is still way off mark. Anytime Sligo have came to Athlone in real life they have brought 200+ fans. Same goes for all big clubs in Ireland but yet in game the away end is empty.

Here is an example http://gyazo.com/ee874f84cbb88017014068ff41b6dd1b

I see that the problem with some of the player roles not visible is still there. They are there if you hover over them and click on them, it's just the names that are missing. I created a thread in the bug forum before the patch and they said that the problem is known and will look over it. Do I have to create a new thread now after patch just to say that the problem is still there?

I see that the problem with some of the player roles not visible is still there. They are there if you hover over them and click on them, it's just the names that are missing. I created a thread in the bug forum before the patch and they said that the problem is known and will look over it. Do I have to create a new thread now after patch just to say that the problem is still there?

Just post an update in your thread.

Surely its not right that Sligo rovers (one of the biggest clubs in Ireland) bring 7 fans to an away game with Athlone Town. Even though Athlone dont have a big reputation this is still way off mark. Anytime Sligo have came to Athlone in real life they have brought 200+ fans. Same goes for all big clubs in Ireland but yet in game the away end is empty.

Here is an example http://gyazo.com/ee874f84cbb88017014068ff41b6dd1b

That's one for the Data Forum if you'd be so kind.

First impressions:

*Don't like the interface, but it will probably grow on me as I get more used to it. Some things I can't find. Other things are a drag to do.

Like browsing clubs. before you had the auto expanding dropdown where you just hovered over Italy, then it auto explanded to choose Serie A and then auto expaned to clubs. Now I have to choose and click italy, then in a new box choose and click Serie A and so on. Cluncky compaired to FM 14.

*Matchengine: 2 thumbs and a boner up! The decision making of the players is miles ahead of FM14, they acctually look sober now. I'm very happy with what I've seen in the ME so far. I have only played in Premier league so far though. Also really like the new animations, looks great. Players might use the outside of their foot a bit much now that they finally can. Seems to use it quite a bit in FM15 compaired to RL. But very nice to see that they finally can use the outside :)

Yeah i was skeptical but i've started mine with Roma, and i would have won the league if the whole squad didn't get annoyed with Strootman being offered out, but that's been fixed hopefully so it's okay and with the goalkeepers and defenders getting a patch too i think all the problems i've faced in my first season have been patched so i'd say go for it mate

• Administrators
just bought the game from steam ( downloading now ) am i right in thinking i can play the beta version straight away? ( sorry i dont have time to read through all the posts or do a search, am a busy dad now lol )

Yes you can, thanks.

Bug report please, I haven't seen that one mentioned before.

I reported the 2d classic issue in this thread & the Mac thread. I have to try and get a screenshot when I'm free so maybe the next couple of days but the entire pitch goes dark but action is ongoing.

Liking the ME a lot ! Ball movement is so much better, I thought I wouldn't see any difference but the difference is obvious. I think the Skin is ok, it will just take some getting used to. I don't really like the fact that player roles don't appear on the formation screen anymore, oh well.

My first game was a 7-5. Playing lower leagues, so expected this after reading the known issues so far. I also noticed some of the players not doing what I was telling them ( passing it very long when I use short passing, also one of my defenders was pumping balls upwards every time he had a chance - no PPMs related to this or anything) but maybe the fact that I'm using a tracksuit manager with 0 experience and no badge means that the players will take some time to get used to my tactic.

Apart from the usual bugs in a beta, I think the game is very good. I don't think it's ever been this good on launch

I really don´t like that it doesn´t show player roles anymore. in fm14 click on player on tactics field was great, please bring it back!!

OMG -

I think the interactions part of this patch worked.

Max Kruse has just come to ask to discuss terms with Bayern should they bid. Nothing I said would stop him behaving like a child and telling me how he was gonna feck up my dressing room, and put things up my bottom when I wasn't looking.

But hey, after the patch, he was convinced to at least see the season out and if we would qualify for the champions league.

Woop - FU Max Kruse - MANAGER POWEEEEEERRRR - Just get more money for him now, pupupu.

Will there be a fix for the disappearing columns when adding a column on the tactics screen. so annoying

If they find one that doesn't break anything else, and is tested sufficiently, then yes. And they'll only know that once it's released probably. You won't get an answer other than that.

Perfect. Not being impatient. Just wondering. Also has anyone tried out playing in lower leagues since the update today? Im still getting crazy high scoring games.

Any particular pattern in how they're scored? If you can spot something, it's worth reporting it.

Any particular pattern in how they're scored? If you can spot something, it's worth reporting it.

One was a terrible og by the keeper. Another was when the keeper let it in when it was struck from distance but was right beside him. I was 4-1 down at half time and im 4-4 now with 60 mins gone

Squad, Tactics and Training screen mouse-scrolling is still painstakingly slow and "sluggish" compared to other player overviews like Transfer screen and Scouting screen.. :( - Really really annoying!

In other news.. Does anyone know if there is a way to have ordered sorting? - Like sorting squad view by 'Position/Role/Duty' and secondly by 'Value'?

One was a terrible og by the keeper. Another was when the keeper let it in when it was struck from distance but was right beside him. I was 4-1 down at half time and im 4-4 now with 60 mins gone

What level are you playing at James? Obviously high scoring games will still happen, but they should be much reduced in the latest Match Engine. If you feel that there are bugs at fault for this, then please feel free to report them here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Very small wish:

Is it possible to add who assisted the goal to the Overview (team stats) screen during the match ?

It's the screen when your are waiting between match highlights.

Thanks.

Also, if you click on a result and go to overview, if a goal was an own goal, you can't see the minute of the goal because the Column is too small.

Plenty of changes with the new update. Good work, SI. Looking forward to playing it again tomorrow.

Does anyone know if the adjusted Eredivisie wages also affects the wage(s) players ask for when renewing contracts? It was a bug and a fairly life-sapping one. Players like Lasse Schøne would ask for €70,000-a-week.

Great fix. Does it apply to savegames or does one need to start a new game ?

Your joking iv just got in from work and was looking forward to starting again in the conference! Guess I will have to wait til Friday :(

Archived