Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

I'm interested to see if shots from silly angles by wide players still and issue this time around? Rather than a player sliding the ball across goal or crossing?

Certainly improved, there's much more sensible option taking now, still needs work though imo.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An hour or so into the Beta and I have to say that I do like the UI. Things seem a lot more logical and I suppose the biggest change is that things aren't where they used to be but are in a more logical place so the challenge is to train my brain into being logical rather than FM14 'logical'. Big plus there anyway.

I will echo what others have said about the tactics screen though. This one seems a bit more cluttered and you need to click more or do more to assign and it feels a lot less intuitive than last year's which is strange given the improvements made in the UI elsewhere.

Certainly improved, there's much more sensible option taking now, still needs work though imo.

Certainly like the new scouting system....that might be my only complaint with it so far :)

When I load the game the team kits and some other skins do not load. Nor when I start the game in the start menu there isn't the photo of the manager celebrating or my mouse cursor. Why is this? Is it a known problem?

I'd suggest removing your custom graphics. Something is not loading properly or conflicting.

One of my biggest bugbears in FM14 the bizarre shooting from silly angles. At least if a wide player played a slide rule pass across the box and it was intercepted then it gives you food for thought tactic wise but if a player just willy nilly shoots despite you trying to tone it down it's kind of out of your hands.

That might be a key word, either they do or they don't?

We'd appreciate it if you could produce some actual figures over at least a season and provide some detail on your team and league, ta.

absolutly will update at the end of the season

I assume you're uploading .pkms of these incidents which irk you so?

I really shouldn't need to: these aren't rare or bugged occurrences, they happen dozens of times a game at lower levels, and they're also listed as known issues in the patch notes for this version. If SI need their "beta" users who have paid full price to upload game files 10 days out from launch to fix issues that are omnipresent, I guess we shouldn't expect a realistic ME on launch day.

The sad thing is I'm on top of the table in my second season and I can't even enjoy it because every game is a mess of hoofed balls from the back, wingers beating confused full backs who have a 15-yard headstart, and defenders and goalkeepers falling in a terrified heap when a ball enters the box.

In my first 40+ games, I've kept a clean sheet twice and failed to score twice. If I uploaded pkms of every bizarre incident, it would become my part-time job.

I'm interested to see if shots from silly angles by wide players still and issue this time around? Rather than a player sliding the ball across goal or crossing?

It's a little bit better with this (and players taking shots from silly places in general, though they still do that thing where they fire from distance in an open 1-on-1 situation sometimes). They've definitely toned down the long shots problem that's been a problem for a few years.

(Don't worry, though, if your winger shoots from a crazy angle the keeper will do his utmost to push it into the path of your striker, or to punch it into his own net.)

If I uploaded pkms of every bizarre incident, it would become my part-time job.

Fair enough. If apathy reigns then nothing will get done. Fortunately people are logging some good examples of these known bugs, because adding to the list of evidence enables SI to compile more data to fix issues. It's one thing to feedback and then provide evidence to help correct the things that need work, and another to just provide the feedback without the evidence.

absolutly will update at the end of the season

sacked after 16 games so i can only say in the 16 i did play many goals came from throw ins corners and free kicks, not saying its wrong just a little too often for me

okay, i know that this might be too late to implement in the game but after watching the new leagues across europe this season, i'd love to see "man marking for individual players implemented on set pieces (especially at corners)" .. unless i'm mistaken, right now, we can set players at the posts, to man mark tall or small and stuff like that, but i can't tell Ivanovic for instance to man mark Falcao on corners... if you get what i mean.. this kind of detail in the set-piece routines is very important in football now

okay, i know that this might be too late to implement in the game but after watching the new leagues across europe this season, i'd love to see "man marking for individual players implemented on set pieces (especially at corners)" .. unless i'm mistaken, right now, we can set players at the posts, to man mark tall or small and stuff like that, but i can't tell Ivanovic for instance to man mark Falcao on corners... if you get what i mean.. this kind of detail in the set-piece routines is very important in football now

You are right, it is a little late. :)

Post your ideas in the Wishlist thread for a future version: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions.

It's a little bit better with this (and players taking shots from silly places in general, though they still do that thing where they fire from distance in an open 1-on-1 situation sometimes). They've definitely toned down the long shots problem that's been a problem for a few years.

(Don't worry, though, if your winger shoots from a crazy angle the keeper will do his utmost to push it into the path of your striker, or to punch it into his own net.)

Wouldn't mind so much but the first thing we teach kids to do is "shoot across the keeper" rather than near post side netting!!! ;-)

Surprised to read that so many are reporting high scores. Playing with Liverpool, I have a GD of 26-13 after 17 games (and true to form, Balotelli can't score a goal to save his life in my game either).

Wouldn't mind so much but the first thing we teach kids to do is "shoot across the keeper" rather than near post side netting!!! ;-)

Yup, and the kids I teach still don't do it :D just as they refuse to pull back crosses and thus present easy catches for the keeper :mad:

That's because they aren't officially licenced badges, but they're more detailed than the plain ones we're used to.

I'm not a fan of them. The old ones were unobtrusively fake - they were generic enough that their fakeness wasn't obvious. These ones are quite obviously fake badges and make the game look cheap as a result.

have to agree here re the long balls/hoofs/seemingly aimless punt/hoof which turns into chance creating through ball. In essence punts/hoofs are happening despite instructions and is a big issue with current iteration of the match engine...that said if this gets tidied up and less punts from keepers and defenders and follow the shorter passing this game could be really really good soon enough with further improvements/enhancements to simulation of high level technical and mental attributes as well with pass selection and decision making as well. Everyone hopes it can be done for release.

would still like to see more quality central chances created rather than see goals/chances being scored created from wider areas...again fair to say there is more than last year happening so some progress for sure but still sometimes its like the central portion of top third is a magnetic field acting as a repellent to good play lol

"In essence punts/hoofs are happening despite instructions and is a big issue with current iteration of the match engine..."

Well put.

With regards to chances happening from wide areas, I don't mind that. I love playing a crossing game and in FM13 my IL DEVASTO remake worked wonders with Stoke and Crouch finished top Premier League scorer in the 1st season lol (not saying it's realistic) but it's definitely nice to have 'some' chances happening from crosses etc + Target Man usage. But even the goals that happen in the wide areas on FM15 Beta aren't actually convincing goals, in the sense that they just stem from a hoof where you beat a defender you shouldn't have done etc :D

My ideal game style is to have the midfield play short passes + defence then the directness comes from wingers. But since "Pass Shorter" currently makes no difference on the Beta, I can't employ it :(

Hey guys, i played a few hours of the beta now and thought I give you some feedback

Layout/Design

--> Overall an improvement, most of it makes more sense now, i like the overall color scheme, although some colors are weird. The tactics screen is way less intuitive and seems like a downgrade. It just requires more clicks than it used to, and I just don't seem to get the same amount of information than in 2014. (especially coaching reports for every player role)

Match Engine

--> Needs a lot of tweaking, but feels like it could be great a moth down the line. On the one hand it looks promising, way less repetitive and I've seen not that many stupid inside forwards who shoot from a ridiculous angle. On the other hand the defenders fail to do their job to often, mistakes are obviously going to happen. But I'm playing with anderlecht against ajax and mitrovic is just murdering their Central Defenders, i mean he's good, but not that good. Every time someone plays a high ball the defenders just stand by while the striker surges past them. It was not just in one game, it happens very often. Some weird bugs with the GK and the CD also occurred, sometimes the CD and the GK could both pick up a loose ball, but instead just look at it each other, while the striker (who waaaay behind the CD) runs up and picks up the ball. Direct free kicks are wayy to powerful, even mediocre free kick takers hammer them in from 30 yards on a regular basis. Short passing does also not work as well as it should, even with good passers (Praet, Tielmanns, Defour) and instructions like short passing, keep possesion they just hoof ever third ball somewhere or waste posession without being pressured.

I think what is irritating me most about the ME at the moment is that while I am playing in the conference and therefore you would expect the standard of play to be a bit hit and miss and it is. But not when it comes to long passes and the control of those passes, all players appear to be able to ping a long ball with unerring accuracy like Glen Hoddle or David Beckham (a skill that is rare in real life).This is then coupled with forwards all seemingly with a Bergkamp like ability to pull the ball down and run in on goal. All rare in the premier league, in the conference it’s inconceivable.

I absolutely LOVE how hovering over a column in the league table comes up with who has beaten who etc...

Like if you hover over your wins column then it comes up with your last 8 or so wins, your goals for column who you have scored the goals against etc

Yes, I noticed this too. Seems to only happen with MY players and rarely with the CPU players.

I thought I noticed this, but it turns out it was because on comprehensive I was seeing many more highlights where my team had possession or started with possession. I watched a couple of games on full highlights and it does affect both teams equally. It is bad though, back to the situation where players look like they are bouncing off the ball. If I spot a particularly bad example (that I find inexplicable) I will upload.

One little change which would make a big difference: when my scouts come back with a list of players from scouting a particular league a column with their playing positions would be a big help. There are columns for goals, assists and average rating: the first two aren't essential for assessing goalkeepers or defenders but knowing if they ARE goalkeepers or defenders would be. There's plenty of space for a column of positions.

Just noticed this, I'm playing as Slavia Prague in the Czech First Division and I have a player Fernando Neves who is out on loan to a fellow League side Pribam and having just played against them and they were able to field him against me. I didn't loan him out, he was already out on loan from the beginning of the game.

I'm not sure what the rules are in the Czech Leagues for loaned players playing against their Parent Clubs so just flagging this up as a query more so than anything else.

Love the new scouting - just wondered if the range of number (ie vision 9-15) was like this on all players even the well known ones.

Also if it is how long does it take in scouting to get in to one number like FM14 (ie vision 15)

Can anyone advise please

Just noticed this, I'm playing as Slavia Prague in the Czech First Division and I have a player Fernando Neves who is out on loan to a fellow League side Pribam and having just played against them and they were able to field him against me. I didn't loan him out, he was already out on loan from the beginning of the game.

I'm not sure what the rules are in the Czech Leagues for loaned players playing against their Parent Clubs so just flagging this up as a query more so than anything else.

It's up to the clubs to stipulate in the loan agreement whether or not he can play against his home side or in specific comps.

May have already been mentioned but I've just got into the off-season before the start of my second season. Any player I sign/have scouted and signs for another team, produces the Inbox message "Player X signs new deal with Team X" and proceeds to tell me how supporters don't think they deserved a new contract in such a short space of time!

I think what is irritating me most about the ME at the moment is that while I am playing in the conference and therefore you would expect the standard of play to be a bit hit and miss and it is. But not when it comes to long passes and the control of those passes, all players appear to be able to ping a long ball with unerring accuracy like Glen Hoddle or David Beckham (a skill that is rare in real life).This is then coupled with forwards all seemingly with a Bergkamp like ability to pull the ball down and run in on goal. All rare in the premier league, in the conference it’s inconceivable.

So you're saying first touch is too good?

First major, major gripe and that is the tactics screen in match. When making subs at half time it doesn't tell you who you've taken off and who you've brought on. That works if you know your side however if you've just started at a club and have no clue about who players are it makes judging who you bring on really difficult. The whole sub screen is far to cumbersome and makes it very difficult to make effective substitutions. It doesn't blank out who you've bought off so if you're using the circles to tell you who is suitable for a role you can keep clicking players you've already taken off as they just say they're on the subs bench. Makes the whole thing very difficult.

How are people finding the game difficulty? Im slightly surprised that I could get Man Utd 7 points clear by New year and only lost one game with only Dede as a new signing. I thought maybe it was because I gave myself the best badges/stats, so I saved the game, retired, took over as someone with zero coaching experience, most players morale dropped, but I still had increased my lead at the top by Easter. Apart from players morale drop not and them not really listening to my team talks I didnt really notice any difference between being a great manager already and being a nobody, I had hoped after what happened to Moyes last season that managing a big club would be even tougher this year, if anything I am finding it easier. This is with a pretty much a default 4231 system and not the classic game either.

The match engine is really good this year though, I love watching the games. Still see too many crosses having to be saved and players shooting from really tight angles, especially if Im playing narrow, hopefully they will be improved in upcoming patches. The grass also looks a little rough, Im sure some teams do have turf like that, but if the grass could look a bit cleaner that would be great.

Love the fact there are more injuries if I dont look after my players correctly, hope this doesn't get toned down, Ive always thought there werent enough injuries in FM.

After a few days play Im finding the UI easier to navigate, if the tactic screen gets sorted out and a white skin comes out I will be fine with it. The tactic screen has to be sorted out though, theres been some excellent posts in this thread about whats wrong with it as opposed to last years and I hope SI take them on board.

I really like the changes to the scouting system, if anything Id like it to be even more extreme. I dont think you should be able to know the exact value of every attribute just by scouting a player 10 times, even with the best scout in the world. In Fergusons autobiography he says Van Persie surprised him with how good his off ball movement actually was after he signed him. Hopefully this years changes is a step in that direction, or at least have the option to make it harder to scout in the same way theres the masking attribute option in the new game menu.

I had hoped the press conferences would be a bit more fleshed out than what they are. There is an improvement but Id still like them to have more variety, a lot of questions are still pretty much the same as the last few years. I had hoped for an improvement in the media/manager battles but when I played Chelsea in the league, I had a big spat with Mourinho, media loved it, played them in League cup four days later, nothing was mentioned about it, was like the first time we had met that season.

On the whole I really like this years game, bit worried about the difficulty, loving where the match engine and scouting are going, worried SI will nerf injuries and wonder why they nerfed the tactics UI! I couldnt go back to FM 14 now though and thats the main thing.

I've just had a player speak to me demanding a new contract. I've not had a total of 8 approachs for new contracts for good performance or once for first international cap (Tim Krul - Who has already been capped in the WC anyway). Its gotten unrealistic. One of the players had an average of 6.5 this season and asked for a new contract for assisting a single goal, despite being a striker having not scored in the last 8 games. Everytime I reject the request they leak it to the team and the press making my entire squad unhappy.

I had a player who is under contract until 2020 (First season) asking for a new contract and a player who I signed at the start of the season until 2019 ask for a new contract after 4 months!

To me it I really think it needs tuning.

Otherwise its a very good game at beta.

• Administrators
I've just had a player speak to me demanding a new contract. I've not had a total of 8 approachs for new contracts for good performance or once for first international cap (Tim Krul - Who has already been capped in the WC anyway). Its gotten unrealistic. One of the players had an average of 6.5 this season and asked for a new contract for assisting a single goal, despite being a striker having not scored in the last 8 games. Everytime I reject the request they leak it to the team and the press making my entire squad unhappy.

I had a player who is under contract until 2020 (First season) asking for a new contract and a player who I signed at the start of the season until 2019 ask for a new contract after 4 months!

To me it I really think it needs tuning.

Otherwise its a very good game at beta.

Can you please raise the issue on our bugs forum here please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

Thanks.

Archived