Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

I do know how to use tactics, jeez... Against burnley i fielded a basic 4-4-2, short passing game and very few other options, i dont care what you say but that man u team full strength would easily beat burnly what ever tactics you use, they had 70% possession and won 4-0, hmm.....

Dyche also fields a 4-4-2 and plays very direct. He will undoubtedly probably sit back against you and you also fielding a 4-4-2 will allow his very physical side to man mark yours in very simple tactical terms.

When you're as strong as United, it makes sense to field a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 and keep your extra man in midfield, particularly against a Burnley side.

Now I'm not saying simply changing formation will suddenly win you the game, but just because you're Man United doesn't mean you have the right to ignore certain tactical aspects and rely mainly on your players' individual quality shining out. Especially if you started with Sunday League Rep where players struggle to motivate themselves for you and are just happy with their weekly pay cheque.

What im using now. 4-2-3-1 Retain possession, shorter passing, clear to flanks, whipped crosses, run at defence, drop deeper, take a breather, lower tempo. Mentality Control.

Burnley don't have much pace up front. Their main threat is down the wings through Arfield & Kightly. Their strikers (bar Ings) are very direct oriented and tall, yet slow. Ings can easily be bullied in your OI and Jutiwiiwiecez or whatever he's called (I'm a Blackburn fan, so don't know much about our arch rivals Burnley :p *cough cough*) won't have much pace to break through your defensive line. So playing a deep defensive line against them is unnecessary and you'd be much better off playing with a higher line against them to make the pitch smaller and apply more pressure to them in their own half.

If you just analysed Burnley you'd see most of their strength comes on the flanks than the middle of the park. So abuse the middle rather than the flanks.

Just go for a simple narrow 4-3-3 with Fellaini as your anchor, Rooney as an attacking central player and a Mata in there somewhere or someone else. Or if you really want to be creative go for a 4-1-3-2. Fellaini Anchor, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj/Di Maria to control your midfield, tell your full backs to man mark arfield and kightly defensively and mark them tightly (rafael + shaw should have more than enough pace to keep up with them, Burnley won't throw full backs forward against you) and look to pass it through to RVP & Falcao.

You don't necessarily have to specifically focus on a purely crossing game, you will naturally get opportunities out wide where your full backs will cross or someone like Di Maria will roam wide & cross it in.

I'm not saying what I've said will work 100% off the top of my head and untested, but the point is FM is becoming more and more realistic. It's no longer plug and play. Look at your opposition scout reports, learn your opponents, and tweak your core tactic to your advantage.

How you approach Chelsea at Stamford Bridge will always be different to how you approach Burnley at Old Trafford for example... the days of downloading a tactic & just enjoying the game are long gone.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that has been bugging me for some time. Perfect example just now. My Arsenal team were pretty dreadful against Swansea but a virtuoso performance from Ozil won us the game.

The obvious team talk at the end was to give the players a bit of a rocket, but then to praise Ozil. This is exactly what I did - and the rest of the players, who hadn't done well, responded well. However, Ozil was confused by what I assume the game sees as a mixed message. I don't know if it's something that could be fixed in time for the final game, but this is something I often see - when one or two players have done far better or worse than the rest of the team, using the individual teamtalks to give different messages to those players shouldn't be confusing - it's obvious why it was done that way, right?

Your results will be wildly inconsistent in the first six months, unless you happen to find/develop a 'diablo' tactic. I haven't seen that since unpatched FM 13 though. I also suffered a very nervy start as United and got called to see the board at least twice over poor results, but fortunately we really were unlucky in both those matches and the board accepted my reasoning.

Here's a tip though, especially against the big teams: 433 wide still beats 4231 any day of the week, just as it did last year. Destroyed Chelsea and Arsenal easily.

lewishazza if you can't beat burnley with man utd then yes it is your tactics.......

i've played with similar tactics and I was top of the league after 20 games with Leyton Orient.. just took over Ipswich who were in the relegation zone and after 3 games I have 7 points...

get rid of retain possession, clear ball to flanks and take a breather.

short passing, lower tempo, play out of defence, pass into space, work ball into the box - try that and see if it works. run at defence is good if your opponents are sitting deep and use pass into space if they are playing higher up.

Something that has been bugging me for some time. Perfect example just now. My Arsenal team were pretty dreadful against Swansea but a virtuoso performance from Ozil won us the game.

The obvious team talk at the end was to give the players a bit of a rocket, but then to praise Ozil. This is exactly what I did - and the rest of the players, who hadn't done well, responded well. However, Ozil was confused by what I assume the game sees as a mixed message. I don't know if it's something that could be fixed in time for the final game, but this is something I often see - when one or two players have done far better or worse than the rest of the team, using the individual teamtalks to give different messages to those players shouldn't be confusing - it's obvious why it was done that way, right?

What does your team talk feedback screen say? Did you praise Ozil individually after blasting the team?

Few bugs; Mac Yosemite:-

• When you save and continue playing, the space bar no longer works.

• During a match, a player sat off the pitch injured (next to his own goal) and played the opposition onside during a free-kick. I'm not sure if that's a bug, though; it was my team (Arsenal) who capitalised, and Spurs my opposition – which seems totally fair to me.

• Tap-to-click doesn't seem to be working all the time; which is really annoying.

• When you need to convince a player to join you, if you promise them the captaincy or vice-captaincy, you have no responsibility to keep the promise. The player doesn't react to you renaming on the promise at all.

Two further things, not bugs, but annoyances:-

• The sidebar colouring is really bad. I'd like an option so I can have it neutral.

• When scouting, I'd like to be able to save a scout search filter. It's annoying having to input the same parameters 50+ times when trying to raise Scouting Knowledge. It'd also be nice to see scouts on the scouting area, rather than have to go to the Staff screen.

Yes - they were all really poor. They got a blasting and, with the exception of Ozil, reacted well. I praise Ozil because he was far better, and he was "confused"...

No, I'm talking about the Team Talk Feedback screen.

Tactics --> Analysis --> Last Match --> Team Talk Feedback.

there's no "I made a mistake, I'll let you stay" if a player comes to you concerned about offering him out

easily repeatable: start a save as RM and offer out Marcelo, he'll kick up a fuss, and you can't say the above to convince him. you'll then have to sell him because he'll become bratlike (skips training, poor performances, etc)

• Administrators
Gonna start playing tonight when I get home.

Save game from this version will surely be playable with full game once I get it? Just move the save game to Documents -> SI -> etc. proper folder, right? Should be compatible.

Yes the save will be able to be continued in the full version on release. Thanks.

Are inside forwards working as intended?

In 14 they stayed wide until they got the ball, then cut in with the intent on driving into the box and either, getting a shot, pass, cross off.

In 15 they cut in without the ball, to such an extent when my midfield has it in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation that they're in the box alongside the striker making it almost a flat 4-3-3. This is with a false 9 as well, I was under the impression the model in 14 was the correct display, cut in with ball regularly but not so much when without it?

Are inside forwards working as intended?

In 14 they stayed wide until they got the ball, then cut in with the intent on driving into the box and either, getting a shot, pass, cross off.

In 15 they cut in without the ball, to such an extent when my midfield has it in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation that they're in the box alongside the striker making it almost a flat 4-3-3. This is with a false 9 as well, I was under the impression the model in 14 was the correct display, cut in with ball regularly but not so much when without it?

Never mind the inside forwards, the out and out wingers do aswell! my RW is often found in the CF position and I've no idea how to get him back to the touchline!

This ME has such a great potential. I just had a game where I was leading but wasn't happy about it because the lead came after an own goal by the opposing team, the defender deflected my cross. Then they turned the game around after 2 corners, one goal directly from the corner and the other after my keeper saved too shots a row and someone eventually kicked it in the net. I wasn't upset at these goals; I was more upset at their own goal. These were goals that could happen in real life. I don't blame the keeper, I can blame my players for not defending well during corners but I maybe trained them one week in Def.Set Pieces and I'm in the 6th tier so that's ok.

Then came the greatness. I calmly told them that I demand more from them, moved some players around tactically and went after the equalizer. I didn't manage to get it in the end, but the performance from the players was so good that we deserved to win. So many good passes and good linkups, I don't think I've noticed a situation where a player took the awfully wrong decision or decided to shoot for no reason when he had better options. The only reason I lost was that I didn't have the players for it, being a very low club, but that game is definitely something you could see in real life happen.

I know about the issues with short passing, I hate it too when one of my centre backs turns into Xavi or when they make silly mistakes or decide to stop running out of a sudden. But none of that happened this game, so this gives me hope. I think if SI manage to solve those problems, even if it is by Winter, this game can be the game.

The injury situation on this game is completely ridiculous. 6-7 first team players injured at all times. Haven't messed about with the training regimes atall, is this my fault or a glitch? I can barely pick a full bench at present and it's just going on and on.

How are the AI teams in your league doing? Also 6-7 players out injured at all times?

Not sure if this is the right place but some feedback from me on my newcastle save.

Rolando Aarons - has broken into the newcastle first team this season and has been widely touted as our hottest prospect however his current and potential ability in FM2015 is far below where you'd think it should be.

Jack Colback - received England call up recently and has been one of the teams best players but underrated on the game.

On the flip side I'd say rivière and Cabella have been over rated.

Thanks, understand that bug fixes take priority but know you take pride in your database.

started a challenge with MU(FMC engine) and I sacked Giggs because of low 9/10 JPA/JCA, hired another assistant 18/19 but every players has exactly the same stars for current and potential ability, so nothing had changed, even those new dark stars

Not sure if this is the right place but some feedback from me on my newcastle save.

Rolando Aarons - has broken into the newcastle first team this season and has been widely touted as our hottest prospect however his current and potential ability in FM2015 is far below where you'd think it should be.

Jack Colback - received England call up recently and has been one of the teams best players but underrated on the game.

Thanks, understand that bug fixes take priority but know you take pride in your database.

You'll need to come up with actual evidence for anything you say. The researchers won't just take your word for it.

This is what you're looking for: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/430-Football-Manager-2015-Data-Issues

Look for the Newcastle thread, but please read the Opening Post of that thread first.

Could you log these in the thread below please:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399965-ENGLAND-(Official)-Newcastle-United-Data-Issues

Every other team in the Premier League has 2-4 players out plus a couple of suspensions, but all of my injuries seem to be long term, and as you can imagine, it's pretty frustrating.

Then you're doing something wrong or you're going through a bad patch and you're simply unlucky.

Then you're doing something wrong or you're going through a bad patch and you're simply unlucky.

I think its the training module isn't balanced.

Even if I set everything to 'light', so light individual training, light team training, rest before/after and 'average' coach times quite a few players are unhappy with the 'heavy workload'. On the individual assessment they all have 'very heavy' or 'heavy' workloads.

Too much weighting in one particular direction.

Also, it seems to favour having a small squad. Behemoth squads like Manchester United won't get enough coaches in to reduce the attention to 'light', even on average players bemoan the lack of coach attention. Short of releasing everyone, I'm not sure there is much left I can do to reduce the workloads. Either I sacrifice their development plans, or I kill off training full stop.

For the record; the overall training assessment is only 'medium' on the main training page, it's just the individual ones which bemoan the heavy workloads. I'm still in pre-season though, I do expect to reduce overall team training to very light as per usual eventually, but the complaints is far too high at the moment.

I think its the training module isn't balanced.
If it wasn't balanced, everyone would be getting a hell of a lot of injuries, including AI teams.

The workload issue is being looked at, but that's not what we're talking about.

Just come across a technical problem with scouting assignments. Sometimes, but not all the time, when I'm in the process of setting up a new scouting assignment there's no option to finalise the assignment or exit the new assignment screen. I have to restart the game by doing a ctrl alt del.

If it wasn't balanced, everyone would be getting a hell of a lot of injuries, including AI teams.

The workload issue is being looked at, but that's not what we're talking about.

Well you would assume injuries are a combination of either, match issues or training workload issues. The majority of my injuries are from training, hence the suggestion. >_> And surely, nothing is there to suggest the AI plays like human players?

I've gone from having a 100% board confidence and 3rd in the league to being sacked within eight games with Reading.

Run of games (following six wins in a row):

• Opponent - Score - Their position - Explanation of game
  • Cardiff (A) - 2-6 - 4th - Fell apart after the 70th minute.
  • Norwich (A) - 2-4 - 10th - Final goal conceded 91st minute, after pushing for an equaliser.
  • Bolton (H) - 1-3 - 13th - Final goal conceded 86th minute, after pushing for an equaliser.
  • Birmingham (A) - 1-3 - 17th - Played poorly.
  • Watford (H) - 1-3 - 2nd - They converted their chances, we didn't.
  • Brighton (A) - 4-4 - 16th - Threw away a two goal lead. :mad:
  • Norwich (H) - 0-0 - 5th - Edged the game, stat wise.
  • Man Utd (H) - 1-2 - FA Cup - Never expected to win.
  • Middlesbrough (H) - 1-2 - 10th - They converted their two chances, we didn't convert any of our twenty.

The board reckoned that this wasn't a difficult run of fixtures (average position 10th)...

I was sacked with Reading in 16th position.

I doubt a board in real life would lose confidence in a manager that quickly - especially when the season objective was mid table, which we were... :confused:

Oh well, that's football management. :)

I've gone from having a 100% board confidence and 3rd in the league to being sacked within eight games with Reading.

• Norwich (A) - 2-4 - 10th - Final goal conceded 91st minute, after pushing for an equaliser.
  • Bolton (H) - 1-3 - 13th - Final goal conceded 86th minute, after pushing for an equaliser.
  • Middlesbrough (H) - 1-2 - 10th - They converted their two chances, we didn't convert any of our twenty.

The board reckoned that this wasn't a difficult run of fixtures (average position 10th)...

I doubt a board in real life would lose confidence in a manager that quickly - especially when the season objective was mid table, which we were... :confused:

In Italy with that run irl you would probably get sacked.

Is this the right place to mention that having loaded up the English leagues, and looking at Salford City, there is no mention of Giggs, Scholes et all being their co-owners.

I don't know if the game will allow Giggs to be a co-owner of one club, and an assistant manager to another one, but that is why I looked, yet there was nothing for me to see there, hopefully something is sorted out for the full release (same for Nicky Butt, co-owner + coach).

That actually happened to me on my Blackburn save, a fellow Championship team.

About 2 months in I was sat comfortably unbeaten top of the league.

Was playing incredibly well (conceding some BS goals coz of the match engine issues).

Then once Jordan Rhodes dried up and I started getting injuries and suspensions, I had to start swapping players in and our of our core 11. Then form just went completely down the drain. We were still making tons of chances but we kept hitting the post 3 times a match and missing 6 clear cut chances a game.

Granted I wasn't even micromanaging as I was testing a tactic I created (which at first seemed awesome).

I did manage to steady the ship eventually but I went from the phenominal form & results to just average.

Problem was that all the goals I was conceding were because of goalkeeper parries or long balls which just loop over my defence, so I decided it was a good decision to take a break from the FM15 beta and come back and play it once they fix the problems.

Well you would assume injuries are a combination of either, match issues or training workload issues. The majority of my injuries are from training, hence the suggestion. >_> And surely, nothing is there to suggest the AI plays like human players?

I'm not sure what you're getting at? I agree that it's either match issues (or more accurately match fitness issues) or training issues. Or a combination.

People are reporting having injury issues even when leaving training to the assistant. I've asked for people to give information. In fact, I made I checklist. As usual, no-one reads it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400627-RE-Injuries?p=9923091&viewfull=1#post9923091

• Administrators

What was your pre-season expectations? To be honest, 2 points from 24, out of the cup (albeit with a nightmare draw) and over 25 goals conceded in nine games - I'd say it was a tough ask to keep you on even following a great start.

• Administrators
Trying to hold a team meeting, clearly been holding too many recently....the issue though is that no-one in particular is talking to me, it just says 'name'.

Squad_Team_Meeting.png

Full Size image: http://s28.postimg.org/6f6zuv719/Squad_Team_Meeting.png

Can you please raise this on our bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

Thanks.

I really like that there are more injuries right now, ESPECIALLY minor ones. I rarely needed more than 20 Players in my squad in the previous FMs.

+1 to this, more difficult to run with a skeleton squad as players now also complain about the lack of competition for places. Much more realistic - but expect lots of people to hate it, as it will make success with a smaller club much more difficult.

What was your pre-season expectations? To be honest, 2 points from 24, out of the cup (albeit with a nightmare draw) and over 25 goals conceded in nine games - I'd say it was a tough ask to keep you on even following a great start.

The media prediction was 8th (which does seem quite high for this Reading squad), and the board expectation was "mid table". I was having to get rid of a few first team players (including loanees) due to the financial situation at the club and a few players were injured in that run of games.

I've just had a look at my stats - after 30 games (29 with Reading; 1 with Cardiff) - GF 66; GA 71 or 4.5 total goals per game. :lol:

This has been going on mildly for a few years, I was hoping that the team talks mid match would fix it but... I'm not sure it has.

East Fife- Scottish League 2

We're down 3-2 in the 89th. Overload attacking, pushing everything forward, all my shouts saying to get the ball forward and fast... I yell to the team everyone push ahead or whatever it is...

Corner kick for us, they clear. About 20 seconds left in ET. My RB has the ball all alone at mid. Stands there... Stands there... Passes back to my GK. GK stands there... Stands there... Passes back to the RB... FT.

Guess that 20 seconds they figured wasn't enough time to lob one more chance in with all of our players standing in the box still...

Archived