Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

I think this is your OCD talking :D

I personally like the change and think it gives a proper reflection of how deep certain players will play etc.

It absolutely is :D despite the argument that some players wouldn't understand that one striker played further from the goal than the other, I still think the strict lines worked better in terms of presentation.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if you'd class this as a bug but for some reason I am still finding it a bit irritating. Some of the tool tips that pop up when you hover your mouse over a field are completely pointless and could be far more useful.

For example if you hold the mouse over the 'Determination' attribute a tool tip will pop up saying 'Determination'. Why? It could say something a bit more useful such as why this attribute is desirable or indeed nothing at all.

The same is true for a lot of info. Hover over a players height and a tool tip will pop up saying 'Height'

It just seems a bit redundant. Could well always have been in FM, but never noticed it before.

This is getting more ridiculous, every FM i see no improvement in leagues that were not in previous FM. There are leagues that have any small involvement in football in general and their national teams are not in any competition, whereas Iran has always been in top of Asian football, ranked 1st in the latest FIFA ranking, but yet Iranian league is not constructed on FM and moreover the Iran national team is not done at all, players from the squad have played in Europe and are still playing, and yet they are not even created as a player, this is a discrimination towards the top rank team, who also played in 2014 WORLD CUP in Brazil.

Its not too hard to create players and put in the correct basic details for it, i know many Iranians play the game and have the same view about this, we have some quality players and would want to manage Iran in the Asian champions league and Asian cup and in World Cup, so its very wrong to not be bothered to include Iran in any way.

I really don't want to knock the testers, coz I know that the game is tested thoroughly by a group of people. But.... I've started like half a dozen careers on the beta, and after like 5 games in each save the goalkeeping mistakes are crazy.

I've had back passes missed, horrific positioning, complete redirection saves which force the ball in. I've started games with premiership, conference south and in between, all with same kind of performances. The goal statistis in games are crazy. 8-2, 5-4, 6-1. Like I said, this is numerous saves I've made. I'm sure these things are being worked on, as at the moment it's a bit daft to play because of the apparent craziness of keepers. I am curious however, and I'm not being sarcastic, Im genuinely looking for a reason, as to why these kind of obvious issues aren't picked up in testing?

And yes, I know it's a beta. I guess I just assumed that testing prior to a beta release has been happening for months, and yet here we are picking up blindingly obvious issues after less than a week. I promise I'm not trying to be funny, Im just interested. Perhaps a change was made to the version that was being tested that resulted in the 15.01 version?

Aside from the goals, I love everything else about it!!

I really don't want to knock the testers, coz I know that the game is tested thoroughly by a group of people. But.... I've started like half a dozen careers on the beta, and after like 5 games in each save the goalkeeping mistakes are crazy.

I've had back passes missed, horrific positioning, complete redirection saves which force the ball in. I've started games with premiership, conference south and in between, all with same kind of performances. The goal statistis in games are crazy. 8-2, 5-4, 6-1. Like I said, this is numerous saves I've made. I'm sure these things are being worked on, as at the moment it's a bit daft to play because of the apparent craziness of keepers. I am curious however, and I'm not being sarcastic, Im genuinely looking for a reason, as to why these kind of obvious issues aren't picked up in testing?

And yes, I know it's a beta. I guess I just assumed that testing prior to a beta release has been happening for months, and yet here we are picking up blindingly obvious issues after less than a week. I promise I'm not trying to be funny, Im just interested. Perhaps a change was made to the version that was being tested that resulted in the 15.01 version?

If you read the very very first post of the thread it will tell you that the keepers thing is a known issue, and was already being worked on.

Of course testing would have been going on for months, but FM is a very complex game. People were demanding the Beta be released ASAP, they finally get it and they seem surprised they haven't got the finished product. As long as the issues are being worked on, which they are, then we really can't complain. There's barely a year between FM releases, so the two weeks between the Beta release and the full game release is actually a lot of time.

Of course testing would have been going on for months, but FM is a very complex game. People were demanding the Beta be released ASAP, they finally get it and they seem surprised they haven't got the finished product. As long as the issues are being worked on, which they are, then we really can't complain. There's barely a year between FM releases, so the two weeks between the Beta release and the full game release is actually a lot of time.

complex schmomplex. I'm not talking about a bahranian player being found when you search for a Slovakian left back. My vision is of like 16 testers all in the same room playing different saves eating fried chicken. And one of these testers looking up after an hour of playing and saying 'hey, I've scored 36 goals in pre season and conceded 22.' And then the following tester having similar things happening and a pattern emerging. Thus a fix being found perhaps prior to the beta.

If you read the very very first post of the thread it will tell you that the keepers thing is a known issue, and was already being worked on.

If you read my second paragraph you'll notice "I'm sure these things are being worked on". I've read 24 pages of feedback GuitarMan, at least try and have the decency to answer my questions regarding testing? Good lad.

If you read my second paragraph you'll notice "I'm sure these things are being worked on". I've read 24 pages of feedback GuitarMan, at least try and have the decency to answer my questions regarding testing? Good lad.

The very fact that it's in the OP, means it was picked up in testing. Now stick to feedback on the game, please.

complex schmomplex. I'm not talking about a bahranian player being found when you search for a Slovakian left back. My vision is of like 16 testers all in the same room playing different saves eating fried chicken. And one of these testers looking up after an hour of playing and saying 'hey, I've scored 36 goals in pre season and conceded 22.' And then the following tester having similar things happening and a pattern emerging. Thus a fix being found perhaps prior to the beta.

Maybe they were originally trying to fix a problem of too few goals being scored and accidentally broke some of the goalkeeping AI. Who knows, it's pointless speculating. If you struggled to score during matches you'd be moaning about that. I don't envy SI in the thankless task of trying to appease people who clearly having no understanding of game making or the testing process.

Haha you took the words right out of my mouth.

Maybe we're the first stage of testers? :D

OK, talking from the position of knowing absolutely nothing about the Match Engine or how it works, but I'd imagine it's a really complex balancing act - I'm thinking about a bunch of people trying to keep about 127 different plates spinning at exactly the same time. Therefore I'm thinking that maybe a week before the Beta was released those 16 testers eating fried chicken in the room may well have decided that the goalkeepers were gods who would keep out even Lamela's rabona 100 times out of 100 even when they were playing in the Conference. Therefore the parameters were tweaked a little bit and maybe the keepers are now a bit rubbish. I'm pretty sure that once the other 126 parameters are all given that extra little spin to stop them from smashing to the floor another build will be released prior to the full game release.

I gotta say the motion capturing does wonders in the 3d match engine, especially the goalie animations are good.

The training system seems to have been improved a lot also and I'm very hapy with that.

The match engine has alot of good moments, especially the decisio making from the player on the ball has bee improved. I need to echo some statements about the defence and to many goals in general though.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but it seems every friendly I arrange myself kicks off at nine in the morning.

Just noticed a couple of my pre-season friendlies were at 9:00am. Seem's a bit odd considering they were both in England and I'm playing as Arsenal.

Maybe a mod could mention if this is a known issue?

Just noticed a couple of my pre-season friendlies were at 9:00am. Seem's a bit odd considering they were both in England and I'm playing as Arsenal.

Maybe a mod could mention if this is a known issue?

Log it as a bug in the bug forums, they may want a game save just in case it does not repeat on every save. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/427-All-Other-Issues

So just been playing through my current save and Celtic made a bid for one of my First Teamers, I rejected the offer due to it not being good enough after this he was unhappy at the bid being rejected fair enough. So I had a chat with him and asked him what it would take to keep him here, he said he needed to feel like a Key Player so I promised him I would build team around him and get him an improved contract.

So I go to offer him a new deal and his Agent kindly informs me that his Client has no interest in signing a new deal. Of course now twenty one players are now unhappy with me!

So just been playing through my current save and Celtic made a bid for one of my First Teamers, I rejected the offer due to it not being good enough after this he was unhappy at the bid being rejected fair enough. So I had a chat with him and asked him what it would take to keep him here, he said he needed to feel like a Key Player so I promised him I would build team around him and get him an improved contract.

So I go to offer him a new deal and his Agent kindly informs me that his Client has no interest in signing a new deal. Of course now twenty one players are now unhappy with me!

Yeah really annoying I've had 22 players unhappy for near on 13 months now.

OK, talking from the position of knowing absolutely nothing about the Match Engine or how it works, but I'd imagine it's a really complex balancing act - I'm thinking about a bunch of people trying to keep about 127 different plates spinning at exactly the same time. Therefore I'm thinking that maybe a week before the Beta was released those 16 testers eating fried chicken in the room may well have decided that the goalkeepers were gods who would keep out even Lamela's rabona 100 times out of 100 even when they were playing in the Conference. Therefore the parameters were tweaked a little bit and maybe the keepers are now a bit rubbish. I'm pretty sure that once the other 126 parameters are all given that extra little spin to stop them from smashing to the floor another build will be released prior to the full game release.

You're wrong about the fried chicken :herman:

Yeah really annoying I've had 22 players unhappy for near on 13 months now.

Luckily the team meeting went well and I only have four players left unhappy, three of which aren't in my plans. The main concern is promising a player a new deal in a Private Chat and then his Agent saying he's no interest in extending his deal. If he didn't want to stay why did he agree to my offer of building the side around him and a new deal, he could've just requested a Transfer.

* Crazy low shots (grass cutters) that seem to experience no friction...

^ Why no option to water/ not water pitch, let grass grow longer etc?... These things could effect pitch friction factor ;)

* The ball is the size of a beachball...

^ option of 'scaling' the size of the ball as a graphic in 3D

* Goal keepers :D thus far too many goals...

* Stadium graphic seat rows look contorted from behind corner camera

* stadium grapic... stadiums often look nothing like their real life counterparts still... this year it actually looks as if most of the graphics are there, just assigned terribly if you know what I mean... Chester should not have 'the kop' behind one goal :D please allow us to edit this aspect... we as a community would have it 'sorted' in no time ;)

* too many 'hovering' pop ups IMO

* The 'elastic' mouse wheel scroll is infuriating! let it stop dead pl-ease!

overall the ME looks great BTW * claps SI :D

I selected my 27 man under 21 squad for the 2015 euros but then when I went to confirm my final squad, all but 7 players had been removed from the squad and I couldn't call anyone else up. Most of the players that were missing were premier league and their status showed that they were on holiday.

Really enjoying it so far, already 10x better than FM14, only problem for me is that in every save so far my managers stats seem to reset after a few days. Bit of a pain when managing a big club. Apart from that though it's a thumbs up from me as usual!

Thought this was a quality addition:

1f79qs.png

Really enjoying it so far, already 10x better than FM14, only problem for me is that in every save so far my managers stats seem to reset after a few days. Bit of a pain when managing a big club. Apart from that though it's a thumbs up from me as usual!

Thought this was a quality addition:

1f79qs.png

Yeah I really like that one! We need more new news items like this! :)

The number of goals from free kicks is insane!! Any word on this being fixed by release?

No official word, but rest assured, it is being worked on. It is mentioned in the very first post of the thread. :thup:

I don't know if this is a FMC specific issue or a general FM issue, but on the screen with your injured players, you would expect that there would be a table that shows how long your players are injured for and what kind of injury they have. Can't find it anywhere though. I have to click on each individual player to check how long they are injured for. Seems unnecessary in an 'injured players' screen. See screenshot. I have also opened the checkbox in the screenshot to show that there is no relevant view for type of injury or injury length. I was hoping that maybe you would include an injury table like Physio Room dot com has. I got to this screen in FMC by clicking on Staff, and then 'Injured Players' in the 'Head Physio' box.

injuries.png

This type of player conversation annoys me. At no point have I said Ozil isn't in my plans, yet the only option I have available is to tell him he isn't.

Mesut_zil_Interaction_Private_Chat.png

Full Size image: http://s24.postimg.org/lyldvb2w5/Mesut_zil_Interaction_Private_Chat.png

Did you try changing the tone? There may have been other options under different tones perhaps?

Out of curiosity for anyone that might know; is the lack of real stadiums down to licensing issues or time constraints?

Personally I don't really find it that big of a deal, just curious :)

Licensing, whole bloody world is under license or copyright it sometimes seems :(

So I know that the new interface includes the player search function being merged with scouting.

However, I am finding that when managing a very small club (National in France, non-leagues in England, etc..) my scouting knowledge is so limited there are barely any players that come up in any search. For example, I have 2 scouts (club max) with decent knowledge of my country, yet my list of players to search from is only 35 with only unrealistic filter applied. It's pretty impossible to apply any kind of filter or search with that much of a small pool to choose from!

I know scouting knowledge has always been linked to who appears in a player search, but in FM 14 and earlier I at least had a few hundred players to choose from at even the smallest clubs..

Has anyone else found this?

Thanks

I assume its already been flagged but the number of crosses needing to be saved my keepers is still stupidly high. One of my biggest peeves in 14 and really needs to be fixed.

Shouldn't assume anything (except that it might be just you :)) ergo; please bug report with evidence of your suspicions.

Gotten to the part of the season when I have to renew contracts with my players and staff. On the contract offer screen I can get a decent view of the offer, only get one row for clauses and bonuses that I have to scroll, which make it rather difficult to actually see what I'm offering. Playing in windowed mode which I always do and have done for a few years now. I have never had this issue before though.

major issues and the new layout I dislike having to go different route to get private chat options I just makes it harder as there is more to remember I dislike the sidebar as I cant view as much info on my squad screen finally I hate the layout of the new tactics screen its really annoying that player role & duty morale , condition and ave rating no longer appear on the tactics pitch under the player but on the left worse if I want to view team instuctions it covers up most of the left side so I cant view what roles & duties my players have

Yeah im not a huge fan of the new tactical layout, having the roles the other side of the screen is quite annoying, and things just seem harder to find now in general. None of the stuff is in obvious places, or maybe im just not used to it yet, but its frustrating at times. The side bar could be good, but it sticks out horribly, probably better if it was see through and highlighted the bits you were hovering over. The headlines bit is a bit of headache to read as well with the really bright colours, kinda puts me off looking at that part of the news section, it looked better before, i kinda feel it makes the news section look a bit cheap and tacky.

Overall tho im enjoying it, the game plays well, not really found many issues outwith the few obvious ME quirks. Players do seem to get unhappy really quickly at times, and a few of the options for speaking to them dont always make a huge amount of sense. Trying to talk a player round after i rejected a bid for him and the only real options were to agree to sell him or be really harsh about telling him to stay, no middle ground to explain you really want to keep him and develop him a bit more.

This is getting more ridiculous, every FM i see no improvement in leagues that were not in previous FM. There are leagues that have any small involvement in football in general and their national teams are not in any competition, whereas Iran has always been in top of Asian football, ranked 1st in the latest FIFA ranking, but yet Iranian league is not constructed on FM and moreover the Iran national team is not done at all, players from the squad have played in Europe and are still playing, and yet they are not even created as a player, this is a discrimination towards the top rank team, who also played in 2014 WORLD CUP in Brazil.

Its not too hard to create players and put in the correct basic details for it, i know many Iranians play the game and have the same view about this, we have some quality players and would want to manage Iran in the Asian champions league and Asian cup and in World Cup, so its very wrong to not be bothered to include Iran in any way.

Sounds like you should be starting a campaign to the FA of Iranian football to sell their license so games like FM can implement them. FM cannot simply add them without first purchasing the license. It's not a matter of it being simple or hard; it's a matter of legality. Are you will to pony up the money?

The other thing you could try is the Editor's forum tab here. Ask about someone recreating the Iranian league so that it can be available. Or you can always do it yourself and upload it to share. Everybody wins!

I've found no issues playing the Irish league so far, but had some very high scoring games losing 8-4 and 6-3 in consecutive weeks which seems a bit odd. Could be tactics though? Seem to have a lot of injuries too (didn't this happen in the last few beta's?) It's taking me a while to get used to the new lay-out, but that's to be expected as it's habit.

For the newer players, what do you expect to change over the years? Do the other major sports games change much over the years? Certainly not as much as Football Manager in terms of features.

I've played this game for over 20 years now and still love it, and what I love about FM is Miles will do the youtube ads of new features and still sells it to me despite not being a salesman (sorry mate). He sells it because he believes in it, not because he's trying to sell units. I also appreciate that the longstanding Sigames staff are still around (what was that version where you all popped up?), which shows it's a great place to work and the staff have a commitment to the series. You can see the same names pop up here.

The Sigames team are not churning out replicas each year, they invest a lot of time trying to make a game they would play by adding what is possible, and improving where the technology exists. And I for one appreciate this, and will buy it every year to support that.

Top work guys, keep up the good work.

Anyone else having an issue where when it hits the last quarter of the save bar it stops for quite a while?

Pretty annoying in summer window when I save regularly so I don't lose all the transfers I do and stuff.

Yes it's a known issue and under review.

Archived