Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Loving this years version but the one thing thats really affecting my game at the moment are the juddery match engine graphics.....my drivers are all up to date and i meet the minimum specs with ease so I hope this can be fixed soon

Just because it meets minimum requirements does not mean it won't jitter, those requirements are minimum, as in there the lowest requirement you can have for the game to run, they do not specify how it will run.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simple if you understand a little programming..

They tweak an area to improve something, that screws up the code that worked last year, which in turn creates silly things like Injuries, stupid keeping and so forth.

To fix this maybe as simple as a small adjustment that takes no time, but at times issues occur in sections of code that effects other sections, just a case of debugging and working it out.

Okay, thanks.

It's not just taking FM14 and making it FM15 - there's a lot of coding that goes on, and changing the code to make one thing work and often break another thing.

What goes on? A lot of hard work and rewriting of code to clean it up and make it work with the updated match engines.

Please read some of the posts preceding yours and also the very first post. Constructive feedback would be nice too.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is sort part question, part idea because I don't know if this happens already but I personally haven't seen it:

Does anyone else think that these news articles would be a better place to point out what a manager has won instead/alongside of what a game a manager has lost. I mean I'd be much more concerned if I had a news article telling me Man City had just hired a manager who's won several Bundesliga titles and took his team to a Champions League final than someone who has lost to Hertha Berlin.

Apologies if this is already a thing, just had this message pop up right now and it made me think :p

adafsfs.png

Could you please post this here, and upload a save game just before this news appears please? Failing that, one showing it should be ok.

We have plenty of strings that talk about a manager's success and we'd like to find out why in this case it's choosing something much less apppropriate. Thanks.

Just because it meets minimum requirements does not mean it won't jitter, those requirements are minimum, as in there the lowest requirement you can have for the game to run, they do not specify how it will run.

I understand that, my point is that i know its not my pc as it's a known issue until it's optimised as SI have acknowledged the problem is worse for some than others.....just hoping it can be fixed soon

Has anyone else noticed a lot of manager sackings? Pellegerini has been sacked after 12 games in league going 6-3-3 and Guardiola and Ancelotti have lost their jobs even though they had successes in their 1st seasons. Is it me or is it getting a bit weird? I looked at their fixtures leading up to the sackings and it really isn't that bad considering what they have already done and the fact that they can still turn it around.

Only a few things that are problems to me but I have seen that many others have complained about them as well:

1: Far too many goals. I am managing Notts County and despite only making a few loan signings and my team not being that great we have scored 34 goals in 10 league games. We beat Bristol City 7-0 and won at Chesterfield 9-2.

2: The goalkeepers are awful. I am probably the worst goalie on this planet but I could save some of the goals that go in on this game.

3: Far too many goals from distance flying in including free kicks.

Don't want this to sound like me on a total negative. FM15 has been good so far in general and I have had no other problems. We are not that far off having another good addition to the FM series.

regarding point 2.), I actually gave up on the Beta after I had 3 games in a row where my goalkeeper received a passback from a defender under no pressure what so ever and then my GK literally jumped over the ball leaving an advancing attacker to tap it in for a goal! Each time it was so bad I laughed.....Waiting for the full release to start a long term save...this was a game breaker for me

I have a brand new PC with top spec and FM 14 looked superb on it with great ME graphics but they've went backwards again with this years ME graphics, juddery and not looking nice at all.

Its not optimised yet, as its a beta, wait until the game is released and it will be much better.

Not sure if anybody else has had this issue but I'm playing as Man Utd (and surprisingly doing really well), in each game I'll concede 15-20 fouls and get at least 4 or 5 bookings, in comparison to my opponents who often only concede 4-5 fouls for the entire game with the odd booking. I've got a stay on feet shout but I do close down often, just seems very excessive?

Not sure if anybody else has had this issue but I'm playing as Man Utd (and surprisingly doing really well), in each game I'll concede 15-20 fouls and get at least 4 or 5 bookings, in comparison to my opponents who often only concede 4-5 fouls for the entire game with the odd booking. I've got a stay on feet shout but I do close down often, just seems very excessive?

Does Daley Blind pick up a lot of cards for you too? I get quite a lot of bookings too and he's the main culprit.

First touch has been a complete mess for me. Ball just bounces off my players' feet at every chance.

Same. Seems to happen at pretty much almost every level as well but not to the AI.

regarding point 2.), I actually gave up on the Beta after I had 3 games in a row where my goalkeeper received a passback from a defender under no pressure what so ever and then my GK literally jumped over the ball leaving an advancing attacker to tap it in for a goal! Each time it was so bad I laughed.....Waiting for the full release to start a long term save...this was a game breaker for me

Haha, you're not alone dude. But fingers crossed it'll be fixed.

I was actually playing a save for fun yesterday, just for the sake of seeing whether I could employ a "We'll score more than the broken defending will concede" concept and every time I'd score, some sort of defensive error or goalkeeping error would then see us concede, so much so I got to the point where I was laughing too haha :D

Its not optimised yet, as its a beta, wait until the game is released and it will be much better.

TBH one thing that didn't need tweaking was the ME graphics from last game, finger crossed they sort it as so far the game looks good otherwise.

Does Daley Blind pick up a lot of cards for you too? I get quite a lot of bookings too and he's the main culprit.

Yeah he does, I kind of expect it though as I've got him as a ball winning midfielder. Rojo & Rafael are card magnets, but that's not much different to real life I guess.

Yeah he does, I kind of expect it though as I've got him as a ball winning midfielder. Rojo & Rafael are card magnets, but that's not much different to real life I guess.

My Rafael picks them up a lot too. Usually whoever plays as a wing back for me picks up a card. I had this problem on previous FM games too. I also tell my players to stay on feet and close down more. i think it's a problem related to the positions though because I just looked at the fixtures and it's usually full backs, centre backs and defensive midfielders who pick up cards for me.

Same. Seems to happen at pretty much almost every level as well but not to the AI.

Haha, you're not alone dude. But fingers crossed it'll be fixed.

I was actually playing a save for fun yesterday, just for the sake of seeing whether I could employ a "We'll score more than the broken defending will concede" concept and every time I'd score, some sort of defensive error or goalkeeping error would then see us concede, so much so I got to the point where I was laughing too haha :D

Is it a known issue in the bugs forum? I have to admit I didn't trawl through the whole thread to see if this has been reported before. You've got to see it to believe it. I've been playing this game since CM97/98...never seen such a GK howler and so regularly...makes Vito Mannone the other day look like Gordan Banks

Greetings,

Was wondering if the views are now limited to 18 columns, or is this just a beta thing?

I usually make my own views consisting of.... allot more.

If it is limited, is there a way to soft code them to contain more?

If so, where are the files I should be looking at?

Cheers,

Oga

I originally posted this as a separate thread, it was moved here shortly after posting.

I don't argue this is not where it belongs, but I do have an issue with how it was moved.

Needless to say I did not get any notification, saying "we moved your question to its proper place", it just disappeared... leaving me baffled and wondering "Did those BEEP just delete my question?".

Is this a way to administrate a forum?

I have being buying the game since CM 99/00, but always kept away form this forum because of this kind of shenanigans...

It seems people question and feedback is so valued here that its tossed around and buried so the original poster has to work hard to find his actual post?

It might be a minor issue, that only interests me, but it does interest me...

To the point I take a few minutes of my busy day at work to actually post here...

Wont bother again, if that's how you treat me.

A shame, this is the official forum, was expecting more.

Cheers,

Oga

p.s - Sorry for posting here, but I don't see a "forum administrator" section to PM an administrator.

There might be a section, but as its obvious im not well versed with this forum and couldn't locate it.

Injury levels are actually lower in FM currently than they are in real life. It is not unknown for teams to go through injury crises in real life and with so many playing the game, I'd be surprised if nobody was reporting this. Unfortunately it can't be attributed to a bug, but is rather more like bad luck (or too harsh a training regime).

The problem is that they appear too often during matches. As a Dortmund-fan i know that the ratio of injuries is realistic, i can imagine that it's lower than in real life but atleast from my experience the distribution of injury-causes is not even. I don't think that the injuries are a pressing concern in FM15.

I originally posted this as a separate thread, it was moved here shortly after posting.

I don't argue this is not where it belongs, but I do have an issue with how it was moved.

Needless to say I did not get any notification, saying "we moved your question to its proper place", it just disappeared... leaving me baffled and wondering "Did those BEEP just delete my question?".

I have being buying the game since CM 99/00, but always kept away form this forum because of this kind of shenanigans...

It seems people question and feedback is so valued here that its tossed around and buried so the original poster has to work hard to find his actual post?

To the point I take a few minutes of my busy day at work to actually post here...

Cheers,

Oga

p.s - Sorry for posting here, but I don't see a "forum administrator" section to PM an administrator.

There might be a section, but as its obvious im not well versed with this forum and couldn't locate it.

It's sitting on the main page, greyed out, saying "moved" beside it. If you click it, it takes you to where it was moved to. What more do you want?

two more injured on international break, so 5 players injured and a suspension having played 2 games.

Thanks for walking us through your game messiah10, but as has been (repeatedly) stated, there are no issues with excessive injuries in FM. You are just having a spell where injuries accumulate, it happens.

It's sitting on the main page, greyed out, saying "moved" beside it. If you click it, it takes you to where it was moved to. What more do you want?

As he says, if your thread hasn't yet attracted any replies we'll merge it with this one rather than making you do the work (hardly something you should complain about surely?)

It leaves a permanent redirect notice so it doesn't disappear as you claim.

Is it a known issue in the bugs forum? I have to admit I didn't trawl through the whole thread to see if this has been reported before. You've got to see it to believe it. I've been playing this game since CM97/98...never seen such a GK howler and so regularly...makes Vito Mannone the other day look like Gordan Banks

A lot of us have made clear the defensive + goalkeeping issues and the mods have acknowledged them and said they are being worked on for release.

What I think I know is that SI have committed a new patch according to SteamDB (probably 15.0.3) but as far as I'm aware it hasn't been released for download yet.

We can hope that the issues get fixed prior to full release so that us beta players get a chance to actually enjoy the beta we pre-ordered for :p But fingers crossed they'll be sorted out by full release at least.

I've been playing for a long time too and agree that these howlers are somewhat cringe worthy. I don't actually think I've conceded a proper goal in FM15 yet which hasn't been a goalkeeper howler or a hoof ball that my center backs miss, leaving a striker in 1v1 lol

Selective observation as the AI uses the same ME as you do :brock:

On the plus side, heavy first touches are on the radar to be refined.

"The AI uses the same ME as you do"

That statement makes me wonder if you realise how complex every little detail in the match engine really is. It isn't as simple as you state. There is specific calculation behind every move, every pass, every shot, every first touch, every physical battle + random factor. It is more than possible that certain factors, possibly a skewed random factor which affects the probability of error for human players (since I imagine every action has a random factor incorporated which leads to rare mistakes which occur in real life too). From a programming perspective, as a software developer myself, it's very easy for something like this to creep in. It could be as simple as an incorrect value which is causing too many mistake occurrences for the human team upon first touch success calculation/mistake probability.

Of course they both use the same soul match engine, but it is very possible that how the match engine interprets instructions from the AI is different to how it interprets the Human. In fact this has been physically evident in all versions of FM so there's no denying this... and yes going from the sliders to the more limited 'shouts' has made the game more limited and harder as a result. In fact in previous versions of the game the AI made a lot more errors than the Human. (Even though this isn't likely) How do YOU know that the AI's error percentage/probability wasn't slightly higher than that assigned to the human? Possibly implemented as a knock on effect of a 'balancing act' for something else? It happens and there are too many factors to RULE OUT what many people have said about the Human first touch vs. CPU first touch just because it's "the same match engine" lol.

I'm not saying SI separate the AI from the Human on purpose or anything like you might interpret it, but it is very likely to create a separation of concerns on the code side of things and make their own life easier the AI and Human are processed differently. A simple example in theory is how the game reads the AI's tactics. How do we know if each manager actually chooses 'virtual' team instructions and player roles and that it's interpreted exactly the same as human input? So that the game is eventually played out like an online Human vs. Human game? Is it really our instructions vs. the AI's selection of the same instructions we have at our dispense? How do we know the AI managers don't actually define exact numerical values which are altered when they make changes for example? (thinking back to the old sliders). We won't know exactly what happens behind every single detail unless the code becomes open source or something lol. There is a lot more detail than you think rather than "playing on the same match engine m8 same thing". There are a gazillion possibilities as to why Human first touch is different to that of the CPU and yes this is possible even on the same "match engine". :)

I've been playing for a long time too and agree that these howlers are somewhat cringe worthy. I don't actually think I've conceded a proper goal in FM15 yet which hasn't been a goalkeeper howler or a hoof ball that my center backs miss, leaving a striker in 1v1 lol

Do you have Rio Ferdinand playing? ;)

The level of football being played in the Vanarama South is ridiculously good ( Obviously except the keepers , thats a given ). Forwards rarely miss , Midfield play one touch football like Brazil70 , and defenders produce pitch length passing to feet that Man United would snap up IRL and put straight into the premiership team. Ive tinkered and tried with my tactics but it has the feeling that whatever you do the resulting match bears no resemblence to what you've asked to happen. Whatever formation you set out or style of play you ask of your team you simply can't expect to beat teams who could play Bayern , Madrid and Barce off the pitch.

Players have the appearance of running through treacle and the weather has no effect as to how the ball perform on the pitch.

This time of year there are many people posting in the wrong places or making threads that should just be added to existing threads, I hardly think a mod should have to inform every single person where their misplaced thread has been moved to.

As the other guys have said you can still see it greyed out for a bit in the place it used to be, failing that you could always check your own profile and click on the link to show all threads/posts by you and then you can view your post and see where it is.

Huge improvement of the game this year. Love it.

Tactic Screen could be better (the FM 14 Version of the screen was exactly what i want to have).

For the most part I actually agree. I see the potential this game has, but for time being I think I'll stick with FM14 until certain issues get ironed out.

Cheers,

Oga

I moved it. Your question was about FM15 and this is where it belongs. Usually we leave a re-direct for an hour or two. That re-direct will expire in 6 hours, increasing the chance that you and SI will see it. I made it that long, because you obviously don't post much and the forum is quite busy. Also, it being here has a (much) greater chance of SI seeing and responding to it, because they really keep an eye on it for feedback and questions. The re-direct with the "Moved" appeared instantly, so you knew what happened.

Now, wasn't there a Beta to talk about?

Do you have Rio Ferdinand playing? ;)

I actually bought the two fastest center backs I could find and they still had the ball coming to them and messed up and couldn't keep up with significantly slower strikers, even when playing with the deepest possible line.

One time they try to jump and header the ball and completely miss leaving the striker 1v1, sometimes they let the ball go over their heads and they turn and run towards it and somehow miraculously become slower than a turtle and fall flat on their face XD

And sometimes they pass it back to the keeper for a corner or sometimes even shoot at their own goal and score (actually had it once, was an amazing finish and I think it happened to someone on /r/footballmanagergames too haha)

This time of year there are many people posting in the wrong places or making threads that should just be added to existing threads, I hardly think a mod should have to inform every single person where their misplaced thread has been moved to.

As the other guys have said you can still see it greyed out for a bit in the place it used to be, failing that you could always check your own profile and click on the link to show all threads/posts by you and then you can view your post and see where it is.

Well I did eventually locate it.

Way to deal with potential new active members during the "rush hour" of the forum...

It always was. That's how the forum software works.

Cant say anything for that, all I know is that I refreshed the page ~5 times and did not see it. (Might be my own fault, but i doubt it)

Also I used the search option to try and locate it and failed. (I doubt it didn't show up, because the word "Moved" was added to it)

If its automated its even worse tho.

How hard is it to make the software also send a notification to the OP, that his message was moved.

As other forums do?

I moved it. Your question was about FM15 and this is where it belongs. Usually we leave a re-direct for an hour or two. That re-direct will expire in 6 hours, increasing the chance that you and SI will see it. I made it that long, because you obviously don't post much and the forum is quite busy. Also, it being here has a (much) greater chance of SI seeing and responding to it, because they really keep an eye on it for feedback and questions. The re-direct with the "Moved" appeared instantly, so you knew what happened.

I never argued about it not being in its proper place. Or complained it was moved.

Was criticizing about the way you chose to do it.

I don't think I was overtly rude about it either, so you can take my words as constructive criticism and actually change how you deal with re-organisation.

If it bothered me, it might have bothered other people as well.

Well I did eventually locate it.

Way to deal with potential new active members during the "rush hour" of the forum...

I simply pointed out how you can view your posts/threads if you feel they have somehow disappeared from the forum.

If you look on the forum there around 30 threads that have been locked or moved on the first page alone, it does get quite loopy in here at this time of the year.

Like has been said you now know to look for the greyed out thread or indeed check your own profile for the thread/post to see if and where it got moved.

Other forums would just lock/delete your thread and give you no reason why it was locked/deleted as they would just assume you had read the forum rules or could not be bothered to read where certain posts should go.

There's a "Contact Us" at the very end of the page for critique of this sort. Just for future reference.

All in all - they were trying to help you. If you stick around and get used to the forum you'll be more familiar with how it works.

Any issues, raise it with the button at the end of the forums.

(not a mod or anything, just feel your pain)

"The AI uses the same ME as you do"

That statement makes me wonder if you realise how complex every little detail in the match engine really is. It isn't as simple as you state. There is specific calculation behind every move, every pass, every shot, every first touch, every physical battle + random factor. It is more than possible that certain factors, possibly a skewed random factor which affects the probability of error for human players (since I imagine every action has a random factor incorporated which leads to rare mistakes which occur in real life too). From a programming perspective, as a software developer myself, it's very easy for something like this to creep in. It could be as simple as an incorrect value which is causing too many mistake occurrences for the human team upon first touch success calculation/mistake probability.

Of course they both use the same soul match engine, but it is very possible that how the match engine interprets instructions from the AI is different to how it interprets the Human. In fact this has been physically evident in all versions of FM so there's no denying this... and yes going from the sliders to the more limited 'shouts' has made the game more limited and harder as a result. In fact in previous versions of the game the AI made a lot more errors than the Human. (Even though this isn't likely) How do YOU know that the AI's error percentage/probability wasn't slightly higher than that assigned to the human? Possibly implemented as a knock on effect of a 'balancing act' for something else? It happens and there are too many factors to RULE OUT what many people have said about the Human first touch vs. CPU first touch just because it's "the same match engine" lol.

I'm not saying SI separate the AI from the Human on purpose or anything like you might interpret it, but it is very likely to create a separation of concerns on the code side of things and make their own life easier the AI and Human are processed differently. A simple example in theory is how the game reads the AI's tactics. How do we know if each manager actually chooses 'virtual' team instructions and player roles and that it's interpreted exactly the same as human input? So that the game is eventually played out like an online Human vs. Human game? Is it really our instructions vs. the AI's selection of the same instructions we have at our dispense? How do we know the AI managers don't actually define exact numerical values which are altered when they make changes for example? (thinking back to the old sliders). We won't know exactly what happens behind every single detail unless the code becomes open source or something lol. There is a lot more detail than you think rather than "playing on the same match engine m8 same thing". There are a gazillion possibilities as to why Human first touch is different to that of the CPU and yes this is possible even on the same "match engine". :)

The ME knows no difference between Human and AI. The other half of the equation, is that the AI uses that TC too, so it has the same inputs as us. If there's a random factor, whether it's too low or high, it will affect both human and AI.

The ME knows no difference between Human and AI. The other half of the equation, is that the AI uses that TC too, so it has the same inputs as us. If there's a random factor, whether it's too low or high, it will affect both human and AI.

The bold bit is the key bit. Whether human or AI, the inputs into the ME via the TC are touching on the same Roles, Duties, TIs and PIs as we have at our disposal. The AI has no secret access to numerical values that we can't activate ourselves via the TC.

Oh, and there is no random factor to muddy the water either.

If you say so. I wasn't stating it does treat them differently, rather that it wouldn't be nonsensical if it did. Hopefully the poor human first touch is sorted then and the cause is found and it's nice to know that the ME apparently doesn't know a difference and processes both the same.

The bold bit is the key bit. Whether human or AI, the inputs into the ME via the TC are touching on the same Roles, Duties, TIs and PIs as we have at our disposal. The AI has no secret access to numerical values that we can't activate ourselves via the TC.

Oh, and there is no random factor to muddy the water either.

Sure, the tactic inputs were an example of the point I was making as to how the AI could potentially be interpreted differently to the Human in one of many other potential ways.

But I find it difficult to believe there is no random factor or something conceptually similar used to determine whether an error occurs during a game.

Hence why we see even the best players often make mistakes & sometimes more than one would expect for their apparent attributes (leading to poor form) (which is whether the player is happy or not etc and other factors come in to the equation).

Archived