Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Has anyone mentioned that keepers are bad and 90% of goals that go in are where the keeper saves it and the striker taps in the rebounds?

Yes. In fact, it's mentioned in the very first post of the thread.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Home-->My Profile-->Go on course (or something to that effect)

No comment from moderators yet about the "bug" that prevents me the manager from getting my badges because the board says they need me on the training field, but my ass man can start his courses no prob. As if the manager doesn't have a say in this matter?! This is unrealistic as is the fact that a board prevents the manager getting his badges. If the board pays for this then I undestand, but if I take them with my own expense then I should be able to do so?

No comment from moderators yet about the "bug" that prevents me the manager from getting my badges because the board says they need me on the training field, but my ass man can start his courses no prob. As if the manager doesn't have a say in this matter?! This is unrealistic as is the fact that a board prevents the manager getting his badges. If the board pays for this then I undestand, but if I take them with my own expense then I should be able to do so?

If you feel it's an issue, please report it as a bug. :thup:

I keep noticing a lot of long balls even when I have short passing, retain possesion, work ball into box and play out of defense checked. I don't use a target man upfront or anything like that to attract passes, so why would this happen?

Can be it be because I have sunday league reputation and no coaching badge and the team just doesn't listen to me?

Is there a way to make the windowed version slightly wider? It seems more narrow than last years version, and it's causing a lot of really valuable info to be cut off when on the tactics screen, making subs in game, etc.

This notification was also cut off in full screen mode.

2cscot1.png

"Potential to be one of the best players at"

Any reason why certain coaches has heavy workload when some of them are only training one aspect?

jZVUntQ.png

Also is there anyway to have the under 21's on a different training workload than the first team? My whole under 21 squad is upset due to it being high and I don't blame them either.

how is player development? i find if a -9 doesn't get a chance early in his career he will never reach his pa. just because it goes wrong at the first club they shd be able to still reach their potential

The minus numbers are set to a fixed PA as soon as the game starts. So in theory, yes they should still be able to reach their PA if they don't get too old.

Is anyone else having trouble getting players to reach 100% fitness? Even with 3 days between games, or in some cases, bot even coming off the bench, 3 days later they'll still be sitting at 92% or similar.

These players are doing normal training, nothing heavier than the rest.

It refers to the number of players being coached.

You need more coaches training that category to lower the workload.

Ah I see, thank you.

But my feedback regarding having different training levels for the under 21's is still valid IMO. I know at Arsenal not all the under 21's train with the 1st team. Only on occasions do a few of them join the first team training.

Would like to see that changed.

To keep it simple, defenders are useless.

Seconded.

The amount of hoof balls where my center back jumps with a striker (particularly short strikers) then miss out on the ball only to have it go over their heads and leave the striker 1v1 is ridiculous.

Seconded.

It's also worth noting that this is happening as well when the center back has acres of room, nobody around him, jumps up and misses the header and fumbles on to the floor... to leave the striker chasing the ball down 1v1.

Seen this too.

I've also seen center backs miss simple interceptions of through balls, where they run to the ball, literally have it at their feet and just carry on running PAST the ball to leave the opposition striker 1v1 instead.

Yep.

I came back to win a game 2-1 recently. The first goal was a hoofed through ball from the back that eluded the entire defence and left my AMR wide on the right. He crossed into an empty box, where the CB nudged it past his own keeper. Both were completely flummoxed by the cross.

Second goal? Hoofed ball wide, first-time cross from the sideline -- and closer to the halfway line than the touchline -- floats over everyone to an unmarked player at the back post. It looked comical and I felt so cheap winning that game. Long balls simply demolish defenders and goalkeepers. They land with pinpoint accuracy from players with Passing and Crossing in single-digits. It feels incredibly cheap to use direct play, but since setting all the options for short passing and fewer risky passes still produces direct play...

Having a quick winger feels like God Mode, I'm serious. My LLM centre backs with passing <5 can hit the corners with perfectly back-spinning balls Andrea Pirlo would be proud of. I don't know how the hell they're going to fix this by "launch."

(No doubt a mod will ask me to upload pkms of these incidents, but there's really no need when you can create a dozen like them by firing up the game and playing it for an hour.)

looks alot more than 44% too

I was hovering over Campbell when I did it, not Monreal. So it's look right but I'm pretty sure 44% is too low for the circumstances.

I think the 44% is the one above but it looks like he has the mouse hovered over Monreal.

Yeah that's correct :)

No. I holiday between matches.

So when I'm back, players tried talking to me about an issue they have but I wasn't physically present.

Therefore they become upset & now I'm back I want to be able to go and talk to them like in older versions of the game, to sort their issue out, make them un-happy, give them a morale boost.

However I can no longer find that option.

I don't really see how that playstyle is possible anymore. There's a lot going on in this edition between matches, I normally have quite a lot of players speaking to me, especially during the second half of the season when they all want contracts etc.

(No doubt a mod will ask me to upload pkms of these incidents, but there's really no need when you can create a dozen like them by firing up the game and playing it for an hour.)

I'm not going to ask you to, but I will explain why we often do.

If we help by uploading examples, and know it isn't a requirement, it saves time finding them in the first place. If we can save an hour, that's an extra hour for testing or it means we get the update an hour earlier. Multiply that for GK errors, defender hesitations, backpasses, poor finishing etc etc and we can save hours/days/weeks here which means it can get fixed quicker.

I still only mentioned the common issues. The rarer issues are much harder to find. You could play/test for days and not get an example. It's so useful if one of us just takes the 5 minutes to upload the example. It's no wonder the SI guys are always very appreciative if we do supply examples.

Love the new scouting - just wondered if the range of number (ie vision 9-15) was like this on all players even the well known ones.

Also if it is how long does it take in scouting to get in to one number like FM14 (ie vision 15)

How do I create a friendly against a team of my choice? I got to friendly -> pick a team -> then when in the club screen I can't see how to select them for a friendly?

Thanks

There's a 'propose friendly' button on the club page. It's at the end of the horizontal menu, next to 'History'.

adadad.png

How are people asking players to find their own club for transfer?? When I click interaction then conversations it just shows me past convos

When you offer a player to other clubs but no one is interested, an option will appear in a news article which allows you to ask him to try to find a new club on his own as you can't find any that are interested. He has to be offered out first though before the option appears. I don't know if the option appears if the player doesn't want to leave though, and I don't know you can access it from his profile as well as the news article (I would have thought so though).

Any chance there will be separate training for the under 21 squad? Or even link the Under 21 with the Under 18 rather than the first team? Had the problem last year where the under 21's are unhappy due to workload but first team are happy with it. Not seen it mentioned before.

Enjoying the game but just 2 problems which are annoying/frustrating.

1. The UI is good but the dark skin makes the game feel gothic. I have put my brightness on my laptop on full. Will there be an official light skin coming (similar backgrounds/colours as FM14)?

2. The processing of the game in the La Liga is very slow due to up to 4 games on the same day but all at different times. Results in me having to press continue 5-6 times every match day fixtures. The game processes to every 2 hours (in game) to give you the result of each match individually which is very time consuming. Is there any way of increasing the processing during these matches?

Any chance there will be separate training for the under 21 squad? Or even link the Under 21 with the Under 18 rather than the first team? Had the problem last year where the under 21's are unhappy due to workload but first team are happy with it. Not seen it mentioned before.

Training is already seperate for the senior squad and youth teams, and has been for as long as I can remember.

Didn't you just answer your own question?

I don't think he did...that there was a difference in production statistics yes, but that didn't feed through to performance seen on the pitch in terms of reflection of relative differential in attributes pertaining to technical and mental qualities...last yr there wasn't much of a discernible difference noticeable in terms of touch/guile/creativity/technique between the divisional players.

this year there have been improvements most noticeably with dribbling and first touch has improved...dribbling seems to have improved aided by an accelertion spurt to go past players but at least its happening

have played with barca and now with mk dons so will see if much of a difference between the teams levels wise...so far a little bit much not huge...dribbling definitely messi and neymar seem better than mk dons players. I think other elements of touch/technique/creativity/decision making are a bit better but still more work to be done to have it reflective of xavi iniesta messi level of qualities in terms of choice and weight of pass and decision making...they are still not being simulated but fair to say improved on last yr

Training is already seperate for the senior squad and youth teams, and has been for as long as I can remember.

here is what I mean:

I am not sure if this is an England specific problem, but since not all leagues have First team, under 21, and under 18 squads it may be. If it's not please point me in the best place to post this. I had this issue last year as well. It's in regards to training. Since the first team and the under 21's share the same training I often have this happen:

Note the happiness:

KhEPFYt.png

All the players that are happy are the under 18's, the unhappy are all under 21's and the content is the first team/a few others. All the unhappy players are unhappy due to the high work load. But since they are in the under 21 squad I can't lower their workload as they aren't even on individual training.

Here's the screen:

Hs6DQ7L.png

And here is the under 21 team training screen:

5eQLdMa.png

They have their own match preparation training, but not general training. The general training is linked to the first team.

My first team training at the moment:

UCImzbg.png

So while my training won't be that high all season, since I'm still in preseason. Even when on last year I had it set to average and allow more rests when adding individual training to the under 21 players they again become unhappy with being worked too hard.

I had trouble with it last year and it's the same again this year. Under 21's should not be trained the same as the senior team. In real life they don't train together. Yes every now and again players do join in for training with the senior team. But it would be much better if the under 21 squad was linked with the under 18 squad for training.

Under 18's have their own training:

9HeoZMQ.png

Is anyone else having trouble getting players to reach 100% fitness? Even with 3 days between games, or in some cases, bot even coming off the bench, 3 days later they'll still be sitting at 92% or similar.

These players are doing normal training, nothing heavier than the rest.

I can confirm I too have this issue.

Maybe this is part of the bad goalkeeping mentioned in the first post, but still annoying. Changed the distribution on my goalkeeper to distribute to full backs because he kept hitting loose balls up between my central defenders that was easilly picked up by opponent srikers since my defenders had no interest whatsover in picking up the ball. Put the orders on my keeper 3 games ago and I'm still to see him do as I ask, he still hits loose balls for the opponent strikers more often than not and it is not because my full backs are marked or unavailable.

Seconded.

Seconded.

Seen this too.

Yep.

I came back to win a game 2-1 recently. The first goal was a hoofed through ball from the back that eluded the entire defence and left my AMR wide on the right. He crossed into an empty box, where the CB nudged it past his own keeper. Both were completely flummoxed by the cross.

Second goal? Hoofed ball wide, first-time cross from the sideline -- and closer to the halfway line than the touchline -- floats over everyone to an unmarked player at the back post. It looked comical and I felt so cheap winning that game. Long balls simply demolish defenders and goalkeepers. They land with pinpoint accuracy from players with Passing and Crossing in single-digits. It feels incredibly cheap to use direct play, but since setting all the options for short passing and fewer risky passes still produces direct play...

Having a quick winger feels like God Mode, I'm serious. My LLM centre backs with passing <5 can hit the corners with perfectly back-spinning balls Andrea Pirlo would be proud of. I don't know how the hell they're going to fix this by "launch."

Agree with this. I changed my whole tactic to suit a direct play because my players would play directly anyway. Also, most of the goals I see are exactly like the ones described. I uploaded pkms of the games with own goals, I can upload pkms of games that include long balls that are too good, but I think those happen in every game.

I hope they can fix this, seeing how active people from SI are on the bug forum gives me high hopes.

here is what I mean:

I am not sure if this is an England specific problem, but since not all leagues have First team, under 21, and under 18 squads it may be. If it's not please point me in the best place to post this. I had this issue last year as well. It's in regards to training. Since the first team and the under 21's share the same training I often have this happen:

Apologies Craig. I didn't realise this. You are right though, I doubt this affects leagues in Germany and Spain for example as they only have a U-19 team and then a B-team.

Definitely something that should be looked at :)

I don't really see how that playstyle is possible anymore. There's a lot going on in this edition between matches, I normally have quite a lot of players speaking to me, especially during the second half of the season when they all want contracts etc.

Okay, so if I show up on match day and want to have a word with a player, apparently that isn't a plausible option?

C'mon don't be silly.

I'm the gaffer, I should be able to speak to whoever I want, when I want.

You telling me Mourinho or Van Gaal can't pick up the phone and ring any of their players for a word? Let alone on the team coach travelling to a match!

:lol::lol::lol:

Seconded.

Seconded.

Seen this too.

Yep.

Yeah exactly. It just gives me flashbacks to FIFA to be honest, particularly the older versions where pace abusing & crossing was the key to success.

I have no doubt that SI - if they haven't already fixed the issues - will fix them prior to release. But it's just annoying coz I waited so long for the beta and now it's unplayable because of the issues we described haha

Archived