Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Administrators
Got a completely blank news message here

Inbox_Inbox_10.png

Full size image: http://s28.postimg.org/4nqnsslhn/Inbox_Inbox_10.png

Can you please raise that on our 'news' bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/424-Media-News-and-Press-Conferences

Ideally we'd also need a save game from beforehand to try and reproduce this. Many thanks.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick couple of points from me. I echo the 1v1 missing too much , I've been playing in league 1 mostly.

Defenders and goal keepers happy to punt forwards despite instructions to play short , a tactic designed to play short and options to pass but I see a lot have people have highlighted this in particular with full backs.

Instead it could be shown like this:

Phil Walsh:

Determination: 11

Personality: Balanced

Media Handling style: Media-Friendly

[Request Tutoring]

that would be too easy, its more fun, when you must look at these players profiles and chose one

Anyone got any advice for my earlier questions?

Q1. Why can't we see a list of previous winners of the Australian A-League? You can see previous winners of all the other competitions I've looked at, just not the A-League.

Q2. The option to have your players only play 20 minutes in the reserve matches (ongoing) seems to be being brazenly ignored from my experience. Don't know if anyone else is having this issue? They seem to play the full 90 minutes despite the having other players in the U-21 squad who can play that position if required.

Q3. I don't really understand the new FFP Premier League rules that have been implemented this year.

30ikxgi.jpg

The projected expenditure doesn't make much sense as the next screenshot proves. Also whats the difference between the Allowed yearly expenditure and the Allowed yearly expenditure threshold? It's not explained very well in game.

729hr5.jpg

Fullsize: http://i62.tinypic.com/729hr5.jpg

Sorry to be a pain guys, just want to make sure if any of these are bugs that they're noted and fixed :)

Q2. The option to have your players only play 20 minutes in the reserve matches (ongoing) seems to be being brazenly ignored from my experience. Don't know if anyone else is having this issue? They seem to play the full 90 minutes despite the having other players in the U-21 squad who can play that position if required.

I'll answer this one. Please report it in the ME section. Upload a save where you're able to re-produce this issue. :thup:

Since the Beta is only available to those who preordered, that's not really an option when you're trying to find out about the game. As there is no demo, asking those who are part of the Beta is the only option without actually ordering the game.

I agree, that's a good point but you can only give feedback in a forum for feedback if you are playing the game. In the old days a free demo was available and I suppose commercials encourage pre-orders. On the plus side all the feedback that is given may help improve the final product.

What I will say, and this from someone who has bought every game since the Amiga, is that of many issues that get logged I haven't seen or don't upset the game for me. Some obviously do. I'm not sure what is the right answer here but only to play the game and see for yourself.

Its an honest forum here and its great SI open themselves to allsorts of feedback. All I can say from my experience is that logged issues and feedback offered in a constructive way gets read and where possible is acted on. When I say constructive I mean that finding a problem or giving feedback if you suggest what could make it better then it stands a chance of getting rectified. Without users / players this series is nothing but on the plus side every one wants and aims for perfect.

I'm not sure when the free demo arrives but I hope some of the things that are raised here may be resolved, that's why we have these 2 weeks.

I enjoy FM, some are better than others but do try the demo when it arrives and do offer feedback, its the only way things can get better. I'd post the song if I could :D

Just want to say how (pleasantly) shocked I was to see you can make an offer lower than what the player initially asks for and actually have the contract accepted. Such a refreshing change from the waste of time negotiation was in FM14.

Two quick questions for all who have played the beta version

1) Do you think players miss too many 1 on 1's

2) Do you find players shooting from 20+ yards too often, frustrating but when it comes off it looks class

Do any of the two things happen to you or is it just me ?

The answer to both is I don't know, but what is real life statistics? Maybe the option to work the ball into the box, stop players hitting long shots? Listen to the AssMan feedback? Look at Man City's stats today for attempts on goal, missed chances increase frustration and encourage wild chances when calm and precision and patience is required. The last England match was frustrating to watch for the same reasons

Here's a simple piece of feedback: why does the body language on the touchline team talk menu not have the same coloured highlights as on other screens (e.g. yellow for "Looking furious" or green for "Looking motivated")?

I agree, that's a good comment else how do you know if its worked or not. That's a bug to me...may I suggest you raise it. There is a good feeling when you raise a bug in the bugs forum and it gets resolved.

Few things I have noticed.

- Frequency of pass backs to keeper going out for corners is very high (around 2/3 a game)

- Frequency of offsides is high (but could be just my tactics I guess)

- Time it takes for injured players to walk off the pitch (and not for teams deliberately time wasting)

It's not a real feedback, but i have a question regarding manager stats.

Do they increase randomly or are the increases influenced by the things you do (like what you are training for example). As my stat increases seem a little biased (8 defense, still 3 fitness, 7 player knowledge, still 2 determination) but that could be coincidence.

Just want to say how (pleasantly) shocked I was to see you can make an offer lower than what the player initially asks for and actually have the contract accepted. Such a refreshing change from the waste of time negotiation was in FM14.

Greed is good says Gordon Gecko :D It can work the other way that the agent then increases his demands as well as eating humble pie. Players and agents can be odds in game and in real life. I wonder if FM will invent fake agents :D

Anyone got any advice for my earlier questions?

Q1. Why can't we see a list of previous winners of the Australian A-League? You can see previous winners of all the other competitions I've looked at, just not the A-League.

Q3. I don't really understand the new FFP Premier League rules that have been implemented this year.

30ikxgi.jpg

The projected expenditure doesn't make much sense as the next screenshot proves. Also whats the difference between the Allowed yearly expenditure and the Allowed yearly expenditure threshold? It's not explained very well in game.

729hr5.jpg

Fullsize: http://i62.tinypic.com/729hr5.jpg

Sorry to be a pain guys, just want to make sure if any of these are bugs that they're noted and fixed :)

There's a bug with the Projected Wage Expenditure displayed on the first screenshot you've shown in the first season at present. It's fine there after. It won't actually effect your game as the rule isn't enforced until 2016.

Cheers.

It's not a real feedback, but i have a question regarding manager stats.

Do they increase randomly or are the increases influenced by the things you do (like what you are training for example). As my stat increases seem a little biased (8 defense, still 3 fitness, 7 player knowledge, still 2 determination) but that could be coincidence.

You can apply to take courses to improve your coaching skills. I'm waiting for the results of my coaching course so I don't know what I will get but its likely RPG assigning of numbers to abilities.

Am I not supposed to be able to draft players in the MLS Superdraft (My news feed said "today is the draft" followed by "sign your draft picks")? Plus, I think I may be daft, but I wasn't able to even scout the players eligible for the Superdraft.

You can apply to take courses to improve your coaching skills. I'm waiting for the results of my coaching course so I don't know what I will get but its likely RPG assigning of numbers to abilities.

My norwegian club either won't let me go because they need me or they have no money :(. So i still only have the improvements that happen over time.

Can someone remind me, with this being a beta (and not a restricted demo), is there no detrimental impact to using the save game when the 'full release' is out? Or is the advisable thing to start afresh?
Nothing really. If any data changes are made, you won't get the benefit of that, but any other fix will be save compatible.

Can someone remind me, with this being a beta (and not a restricted demo), is there no detrimental impact to using the save game when the 'full release' is out? Or is the advisable thing to start afresh?

The only thing that will change is maybe the data lock, maybe William Gallas is no longer in the game for instance, a moment silence for him, okay moment over.

The game will be pretty much the same, there could be a few changes that will take place only when you start a new season/save but nothing that will change the game as much that you feel you are missing out.

Excellent if you jumped from fm12 right to fm15 and missed the two years improvements in between. The game seems fresher, a little tighter than last year but beyond that and the slight interface and match engine changes how do you justify charging $50 for just a slightly improved game with up to date data? Release one every year, heck release one twice a year if you want but don't change a few things and slap the same price tag on it. It's borderline insulting. This is the feedback thread and this is the feedback of a person who bought the game in full. Don't bother flaming me because of my opinion, you guys asked for it.

Excellent if you jumped from fm12 right to fm15 and missed the two years improvements in between. The game seems fresher, a little tighter than last year but beyond that and the slight interface and match engine changes how do you justify charging $50 for just a slightly improved game with up to date data? Release one every year, heck release one twice a year if you want but don't change a few things and slap the same price tag on it. It's borderline insulting. This is the feedback thread and this is the feedback of a person who bought the game in full. Don't bother flaming me because of my opinion, you guys asked for it.

Honestly I don't know what you've been playing. This is best FM I've ever played and my favourite since FM 2012.

There's been a hell of a lot of changes and a lot of great new features added. I've been playing for 28 hours so far and still keep finding new features. This is the most immersive football manager there's ever been. I've been arguing with my players over fines. Telling Cazorla he can shut up about playing time, before asking Arteta to kindly have a word with him. Promising Saul that I would offer him a new contract but only at the end of the season once I've reviewed his performances. It's an absolutely brilliant game and I'm sure they'll fix all the bugs I've experienced pretty sharpish.

If you don't like the yearly release system FM and many sports games use, then simply don't buy those games every year. FM13 was the worst FM I played. FM14 wasn't great out the box but was a very worthwhile purchase after the patches came out. FM2015 sets SI back on track. I haven't found an FM this enjoyable since 2012. This might sound like a very positive post, and I'll admit my first 10 hours playing FM2015 didn't 'wow' me, but I'm actually now amazed by just how much stuff you can do in this game. The more you play, the more features you find. It's great!

Been playing the beta for a while now and wanted to share with you my thoughts so far

Getting used to the new layout , although i do dislike the colourful transfer section , looks incredibly dated .

Match engine is ok , gravity needs looking at , ball orientation is completely unrealistic.

Once again this year the free kick situation borders on ridiculous . Didn't we learn from FM14 beta when we had the same problem ?

Match results are far to high scoring. Often games include between 5-10 goals

Match statistics are unrealistic , If percentage of possession is close then its unrealistic to say each side will have 15 chances with 8 on target . Games just aren't that open

Long balls and crosses just cause far too much havoc in this version. Even very poor players and hoofball defenders are able to drop pinpoint passes on their teammates from 30 yards away first time. With regularity. Perfect backspin every time. Couple that with soft goalkeepers and no wonder the scores are outsized.

Might have to consider stopping until its patched . Matches are way to unrealistic . I'm playing Skril South and teams are playing like Barcelona. The keepers make ridiculous errors , handling outside the penalty box , letting in simple shots , Goal mouth scrambles more often than not leading to goals , seventy yard passes to feet.

Might have to consider stopping until its patched . Matches are way to unrealistic . I'm playing Skril South and teams are playing like Barcelona. The keepers make ridiculous errors , handling outside the penalty box , letting in simple shots , Goal mouth scrambles more often than not leading to goals , seventy yard passes to feet.

The keepers look downright drunk. Now, I'm doing fine since I'm playing with a team with really good strikers (92 goals in 25 games), but yeah, it's an issue. In particular, goalkeepers should be doing a better job with shots from the side. I mean, sure, the long shots are a bit overpowered, but the real concern to me is how many shots from about a yard off the baseline are going right by the keeper's legs. That, and players are too on target with crosses. Maybe lower league goalkeepers shouldn't be very good, but at the same time, lower league strikers shouldn't be always able to place a shot off a cross perfectly every time. In FM14, you'd see a lot of shots like that go flying off way above the goal or wide. In FM15, misses like that are the exception. For all the complaints about the goalkeepers having issues with long shots, I think the main problems leading to the ultra-high scoring are those two things - goalkeepers aren't getting the benefit of having the angle of the shot to their advantage, and outfield players are too good at placing their shots off crosses.

Anyway, I really just wanted to pop in here for a completely different issue, and that's to mention how much I freaking love that hovering over a team's wins, draws, or losses in the standings gives you the list of games they won, drew, or lost, respectively. That's cool.

The keepers look downright drunk. Now, I'm doing fine since I'm playing with a team with really good strikers (92 goals in 25 games), but yeah, it's an issue. In particular, goalkeepers should be doing a better job with shots from the side. I mean, sure, the long shots are a bit overpowered, but the real concern to me is how many shots from about a yard off the baseline are going right by the keeper's legs. That, and players are too on target with crosses. Maybe lower league goalkeepers shouldn't be very good, but at the same time, lower league strikers shouldn't be always able to place a shot off a cross perfectly every time. In FM14, you'd see a lot of shots like that go flying off way above the goal or wide. In FM15, misses like that are the exception. For all the complaints about the goalkeepers having issues with long shots, I think the main problems leading to the ultra-high scoring are those two things - goalkeepers aren't getting the benefit of having the angle of the shot to their advantage, and outfield players are too good at placing their shots off crosses.

Anyway, I really just wanted to pop in here for a completely different issue, and that's to mention how much I freaking love that hovering over a team's wins, draws, or losses in the standings gives you the list of games they won, drew, or lost, respectively. That's cool.

Having watched a great deal of Skril South and done some coaching i can assure you if keepers were that bad and strikers that good then premiership scouts and probably beyond would watch every game.

92 goals in 25 games says it all , an average of very nearly 4 per game !! ! !

this game is a farce, i'm Arsenal 6 games in I've lost 5, bottom of the league. I've got a standard 4-2-3-1 formation playing control standard...ive just been beaten 4-2 at home to Villa...3 of the goals were dodgy pass backs

can I have my money back now?

this game is a farce, i'm Arsenal 6 games in I've lost 5, bottom of the league. I've got a standard 4-2-3-1 formation playing control standard...ive just been beaten 4-2 at home to Villa...3 of the goals were dodgy pass backs

can I have my money back now?

Absolutely! You've played six matches by now, it's obvious this game is awful. I'll personally send you a check. Can you give me your address?

I agree, that's a good point but you can only give feedback in a forum for feedback if you are playing the game.

Oh, of course, I wouldn't suggest otherwise. But as someone in my position without the Beta, I can look at this thread and get a half-decent idea of how people are finding it, and what issues people are having- from the recurring themes such as the Tactics screen through to things that are mentioned as one-offs, such as the continued problem of kit clashes. Of course, once the game is released, I'll be all over the demo to see for myself, but it's nice to get some idea of what I'll be going into. For the most part, and as others have noted, if anything, this thread is a bit muted compared with previous years, when there was usually uproar about some function or other. There's a lot of positivity around here, and that can only be an encouraging thing.

Oh, of course, I wouldn't suggest otherwise. But as someone in my position without the Beta, I can look at this thread and get a half-decent idea of how people are finding it, and what issues people are having- from the recurring themes such as the Tactics screen through to things that are mentioned as one-offs, such as the continued problem of kit clashes. Of course, once the game is released, I'll be all over the demo to see for myself, but it's nice to get some idea of what I'll be going into. For the most part, and as others have noted, if anything, this thread is a bit muted compared with previous years, when there was usually uproar about some function or other. There's a lot of positivity around here, and that can only be an encouraging thing.

I agree for the most part. The major issues are (1) goalkeeping, but the cause of the issue seems relatively identifiable and the playing field is fairly level, and (2) the skin, but that's subjective and easily rectified once the full game is released and the Steam Workshop stuff gets up and running. And some functionality issues with the tactics screen.

By and large things are pretty good though. The match engine looks solid other than some tweaks that are needed and there's some nice new features.

Absolutely! You've played six matches by now, it's obvious this game is awful. I'll personally send you a check. Can you give me your address?

The fact is i've been playing this for years and I'm suddenly getting battered by terrible teams, something's not right

Hi,

Some improvement,

Screen_Shot_2014_10_26_at_00_17_40.png

The attributes analysis graph on the right of the player's face is too small.

Screen_Shot_2014_10_26_at_10_58_36.jpg

And I would like the face in this page to be bigger, and everything else (wage, weight, height, etc.) move a bit lower in that box, also I feel the flag is too big here.

Thanks

Honestly I don't know what you've been playing. This is best FM I've ever played and my favourite since FM 2012.

There's been a hell of a lot of changes and a lot of great new features added. I've been playing for 28 hours so far and still keep finding new features. This is the most immersive football manager there's ever been. I've been arguing with my players over fines. Telling Cazorla he can shut up about playing time, before asking Arteta to kindly have a word with him. Promising Saul that I would offer him a new contract but only at the end of the season once I've reviewed his performances. It's an absolutely brilliant game and I'm sure they'll fix all the bugs I've experienced pretty sharpish.

If you don't like the yearly release system FM and many sports games use, then simply don't buy those games every year. FM13 was the worst FM I played. FM14 wasn't great out the box but was a very worthwhile purchase after the patches came out. FM2015 sets SI back on track. I haven't found an FM this enjoyable since 2012. This might sound like a very positive post, and I'll admit my first 10 hours playing FM2015 didn't 'wow' me, but I'm actually now amazed by just how much stuff you can do in this game. The more you play, the more features you find. It's great!

Well you're welcome to your opinion as am I. The majority of what you've just said about our talking to players, refusing to give players new contacts based on their performance, asking players to talk to others was all in FM14.

(Now for the patronizing line) I've played this game since Championship Manager on the Amiga for almost 20 years now. I've been faithfully buying FM every year since probably the name change to Football Manager.

What I'm saying here is I know the game! So your comment about me not knowing what I'm playing is really moot.

What I've been seeing over the last few years is exactly what EA does with say, Madden each year. They polish it up a little, add in a few new moves (take then or the following year) slap another new cover on it and say "60 please" (the please is if your lucky). You know why they do this? Because they can. They can afford to say, as you alluded to; "if you don't like it, don't buy it" because they know that there will always be lines of people behind you just ready to throw their cash at them

I used to manage a GameStop here i the US and every year we'd have a ridiculous amount of people preordering the newest Madden, camping out for midnight opens and for what? But they still did and do it because EA knows the fan base is there and have people screaming "take my money" left and right. I'm scared this is the exact road SI and Sega are taking.

Fm14 was one of the best games outright last year. And because of the last few years successes the series has risen from a sort of cult/specialized following to a general popular mainstream one. Growing all the time. I'm afraid this will lead to less and less improvements because it will sell just as well without make ones. Do the Collyer brothers still have involvement in the production of this game?

Dont get me wrong, so far the game feels better. It has improved from last year but in my opinion is it worth shelling out a while $50 out once again?I believe certainly not. And there's nothing in there that a later patch is going to fix with regards to this problem.

$50 = $1 for every day I play this game at the most as on FM14 I accumulated a lot more than 1200 hours. EA it ain't!

EA would be releasing each league individually as DLC, require you to play every game on their online servers, and sue you if you use any mods.

Archived