What would everyone most like to see created for FM15?

sporadicsmiles

I have been in or around these forums for a long time, although these days I do not get as much time to dedicate to making edits as I used to (which means everything takes longer rather than I do not do things). Anyway, every year we see excellent mods and creations varying from new nations, super leagues, legends, transfer updates, and wonderfully detailed league extensions. Truly there is some excellent work out there, and I want to applaud everyone who makes this game even better to play.

One thing we never seem to do is to discuss or plan edits together on this site, or at the very least find out what it is that people would love to see made if given a choice. So I am curious what people would want created, if you had a choice to download any update (that is doable =P). For me, it would be an extended Africa, with correct teams, stadiums, players, and competitions. This is something I am currently working on, although I plan to release it for FM15 since it is a lot of work. Something else would be an extensive level of detail added for under 18 teams, with fully functional league systems for big nations and continental competitions (with qualification rules rather than mirroring the senior teams). And of course a super-detailed superleague system where national and worldwide competitions are somehow maintained (it is not as simple to do this as it used to be).

So, share your ideas for the community, and perhaps we will inspire the next generation of dedicated editors who make this game, and this forum, so great.

I did a fairly comprehensive UK regional system similar to Brazils, with State Championships as well as the usual league ladder, but I'm tearing that up to start again with a more "realistic" system.

At present, there's 20 tiers in the main league system, ordered pretty much by rep. However, that means the tiniest of teams potentially having to travel from John O'Groats to Lands End (I know there's no teams in either, but you get the point). So I'm stripping things back, but ramping up the complexity by having four top tiers nationwide - St Mirren being the lucky final team in that - and then regionalising all tiers below. There's currently 433 teams planned for it, and I'll hopefully put a few more in an inactive league to keep things ticking over.

That, along with my completely fantasy oriented league, will be my aim for the late life of FM14, and into FM15.

I am toying up buying FM15 again to make my Lincs & Humber nation. I did one for FM14 but I did not push it like I did my FM13 version which got well over a thousand downloads thanks to the site FMScout and its owner.

I feel I have a great balances, challenging league which I have been making every year for as long as I can remember.

I finally have a job again which gives me the free time to do this (not working 60+ hours a week like I have done since Jan) but I guess I need to know people are still interested in it.

Yes I make it mostly for me but I have played it to death for as long as I can remember (must be about 6 years at least) but I still hope others actually play it too!

I plan to try and do an advanced edit and just upload into FM15 on launch day as I can collate most information in advance.

Also I wish SI would look at my database and upload all my city/stadium info :D

I didn't even play FM14 - bought it, tried to make the Norwegian league correctly with promotions/relegations etc. Total failure. Perhpas possible through use of the advanced editor, but I coulden't get it to work. But the regional divisions also kept getting messed up. Even though I used longitude/latitude and setting the leagues for each clubs. Somehow.

I will buy it if those parts are easier to edit - otherwise I'll skip it.

Also. I'd like more than three teams per club! In Norway there are (sometimes, for some clubs) A, 2, 3, 4 etc. But they still have youth teams. Perhaps even U19 1, U19 2 etc.

In addition I would like U16 - perhaps even U14 - or at least the possibility of adding those teams. Because what I like best about FM is the development of the clubs Youth players.

the big thing that we should have is a fully functioning editor without all those bugs we got in FM14, there isn't much tweaking needed to make this product excellent :thup:, with the know issues ironed out we should be able to do our individual projects easily/quickly( changing things like prize money/sub rules/squad rules should be as simple for continental/international comps as it is in nation rules:)) I am sure SI are onto it and this next version will be what is required;)

the big thing that we should have is a fully functioning editor without all those bugs we got in FM14, there isn't much tweaking needed to make this product excellent :thup:, with the know issues ironed out we should be able to do our individual projects easily/quickly( changing things like prize money/sub rules/squad rules should be as simple for continental/international comps as it is in nation rules:)) I am sure SI are onto it and this next version will be what is required;)

Don't hold you're breath, considering theres still faults that need addressing from FM12.

Don't hold you're breath, considering theres still faults that need addressing from FM12.
yes I know what your saying but feeling positive SI will get it sorted this time with all the issues reported last time it must have been a nightmare for the support staff, not much tweaking needed to address the major problems

Then again, I have worked on a project where bugs from 2003 still need to be fixed and that was three months ago. :)

If I set my IT experiences against SI's performance, they are performing quite well.

Just the ability for edited competitions to work with the dynamic reputation system in the game would be great - right now edited comptitions have stagnant reputations.

My Lincs and Humber Nations Rep went right down from initial settings but improved as I got regular CL group stage games/wins. It had an effect on the players I could get in too, resulting in me almost making it out of a group of death, losing out on GD IIRC.

I love dynamic rep, it makes custom nations amazing compared to before it.

Virtual betting.

It`s already a perfect platform/layout in FM, and SI have even implemented a odds system (that could need some improvements), so why not just add virtual betting also while they`re on it. It could have been something to use our salary on at leased. This is the only obvious thing I`ve wanted for years.

Nothing else really, except from hoping SI will make FM15 less buggy than FM14.

Some thoughts

1) a revision of the US leagues, there is an excellent edit currently for Fm14, 3 tier US league with alot less restrictions, and the clubs have good rep/finances, makes a very interesting save.

2) Some sort of mega world leagues but going right down, and split into regionals, i.e you may go from sat a national league in the lower divs, then you get higher up it turns into euro/SAM/Africa (i.e your continent region) then a full world league etc. This may be hard to implement, but could be SO good, just needs alot of testing to get the finances right to take into account the travel costs and such.

3) Youth only, somehow wipe EVERY player over 18 from the game, and ALL teams start with just their youth......

4) UK league, bringing the Welsh, Scottish, Irish leagues all into oen big multi tier UK league.

I would love to see:

- Eastern European Champions League.

- More fantasy databases, new nation & leagues.

- In editor, city function while searching, so that I can write the name of a city and it will show me all clubs from that city. (I don't think it exists now, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.)

- Ability to create new nations & continents rather than replacing existing ones.

I stumbled across this while idly browsing wikipedia, and thought "Hey, what a great idea for a multi-national, low-level league!"

Inspiration here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Island_Games_Association

The IGA was founded in the Isle of Man in 1985. Constituents come from islands in, or associated with, eight sovereign states (Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom).

Current members of the IGA are:

Åland

Alderney

Bermuda

Cayman Islands

Falkland Islands

Faroe Islands

Frøya

Gibraltar

Gotland

Greenland

Guernsey

Hitra

Isle of Man

Isle of Wight

Jersey

Minorca

Orkney

Rhodes

Saaremaa

Saint Helena

Sark

Shetland

Western Isles

Ynys Môn

Gibraltar is the only member of the IGA that is not an island or group of islands as it is a peninsula of Iberia, sharing a land border with Spain. Ynys Môn (Anglesey), Frøya and Hitra have bridge or tunnel connections to their mainland. Greenland is by far the largest island, and is bigger than all the rest combined, but is very sparsely populated. Former members of the IGA include Iceland, Malta and Prince Edward Island.

So, basically a 24-team league (or 2 12-team divisions) made up of pro/semi-pro teams based on these international islands associated with at least 8 major football countries. The teams could be set up with ability to sign players from their respective countries as "home-grown", or set up as restricting players from outside their islands as "foreign born". Maybe give the winner of the upper division entry into the Euro Cup as a play-in qualifier? Might be fun to win the Euro Cup (many many years down the road) as Guernsey or Western Isles (Outer Hebrides).

Don't know how much work it would be, but it'd likely be a blast to play, being a non-traditional but historically-based competition.

• 2 weeks later...

I am with the ability to better define how a stadium looks, I would love to have everything from a field with some painted lines and nothing else or one or two small stands (less than 100 people) or some concrete standing areas. Then I would like to be able to define those stand locations around the ground.

Pretty much make the lowest league stands look better as the smallest stadium is WAY too big from what I can tell.

I would love to see UEFA Regions Cup in game, where regional-teams from each region inside the countries would form with the best only part-time or amater contract players of each region and play once a year to decide wich are the bests regions.

First a National phase is played, after an international phase are played with the winner region team of each nation.

a great addition imo for llm

I am with the ability to better define how a stadium looks, I would love to have everything from a field with some painted lines and nothing else or one or two small stands (less than 100 people) or some concrete standing areas. Then I would like to be able to define those stand locations around the ground.

Pretty much make the lowest league stands look better as the smallest stadium is WAY too big from what I can tell.

Good idea this.

Decided to create a Crimean & Caucasian league.

-Armenia

-Georgia

-Azerbaijan

-Crimea (Tavaria, Sevastopol etc.)

-South Russia (Rostov, Anzhi etc.)

In the past I always struggle with the economy. Clubs either become bankrupt or flush with cash.

Any advice on how to assign realistic prize money and TV revenue?

You can't see this information for existing leagues so unsure about the benchmark.

Ideally I'd like it equivalent to 12th to 15th UEFA ranked leagues.

The return of the full-pyramid Belgian leagues: last year, for the first time we didn't have it and I missed it an awful lot. I love to take the worst teams of the 8th (and last) tier and make them the Giant Killer.

This is what I wanted to see! Plenty of ideas here, I hope it inspires some people. I am looking forward to getting my hand on the editor this year. I pretty much had a year away from editing last season, I worked on a couple of interesting ideas but nothing huge. I want to get back into things this year with a major project. I started working on expanding Africa with correct teams, players and leagues (as I said in the OP), but getting correct info is damned hard for some of the leagues. But it could be worth the effort.

More interesting interviews, as well as heated back and forth of insults between rival managers who HATE each other, as well as outspoken players who hate certain teams to make rude/nasty comments about rival teams, or derby opponents.

Maybe add a feature that causes players to hate other players bit by bit based on the amount of times they've been fouled by them, players who hate other players having a natural inflated aggression level towards them based on the amount of hatred towards them or their teams.

Fan hatred of opposing players. Team villans if you will. The players who have crushed their hopes. Like for players who score on them in cup matches, and more key, players who scored on them the most in seasons they got relegated. Hatred of certain coaches. Ex. Tottenham would never hire Wagner, Chelsea/Man City would never sign Suarez, etc. Things like that.

i think "club minimum status" option for competitions would be good option. we have some levels that include only Pro or Semi-pro clubs and we cant set this properly.

also i think we should have option to remove press conference for lower league clubs. its funny to see press conference in some LL :)

A British League with newly formed teams from across the UK (say 16 teams in 4 divisions) and using real cities and towns, as well as real players. All teams with the same amount of starting cash (a large

amount) and same reputation at the start of the game (say 7000). No players or non-playing staff at the beginning but would have the opportunity to buy players from existing clubs; (clubs that have now

been confined to the non-leagues of British football).

Promotion and relegation on a three up- three down basis. No relegation from the fourth division.

This would replace the English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish leagues. These wouldn't exist at professional levels and there would be a British national team to replace the individual countries).

With regards to European club competitions, go back to the old system: only league champions of each nation qualify for the European Cup, a Cup Winners Cup for each country's main cup

competition winners, and the UEFA Cup for clubs that finish 2nd-4th in the domestic leagues. No group stages - just knockout home and away (with no seeded teams) all through the competition

until a one legged final in a neutral stadium.

Other smaller things about the British League and cups:

More equal prize money than exists currently in British football.

No play-offs at the end of the season

- The British Cup (main domestic cup) to have as high a reputation as the top division of the league. The final to be played at Wembley.

- No transfer deadlines

- Maximum of loaned players a club can bring in during the course of a season - say eight individual players. No loans between clubs in the same division

- With only 30 league games in a season, there would be space in the fixture list to have no competitive games except British Cup games on certain Saturdays during the season (without having to

include midweek league games). Clubs already knocked out could arrange friendlies to replace a competitive game on these Saturdays, if they wished. Non-league clubs would also enter this competition.

- Only three named substitutes allowed

- Maximum of three non British players allowed in a matchday squad (domestic and European competitions). Republic of Ireland players would be allowed.

- Have two additional cup competitions - the League Cup fought out between all 64 league teams on a knock-out basis. Final to be played at Hampden on New Years Eve (a big festive day in

Scotland). Midweek games.

- Four new new divisional cup competitions. Initially this would involve four groups of four playing each other home and away (six games). The group winners would then play in a semi-finals and

final. Semi-finals and final to be played at the end of the domestic season over a two week period at the Millenium Stadium. Group games all to be played midweek after Xmas. Teams must name at least five players 21 years old or younger in the matchday squad for each game. The competition would be designed to promote the development of young players but would have a good prize

fund so would be worth winning.

- Full 64 team reserve league with the same promotion and relegation system as the first-team competitions. A League Cup to be fought out on a knockout basis.

- I'm hoping it would be possible to do this without too much difficulty in FM2015.

A Celtic league and football pyramid pulling clubs from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Cornwall, and the Isle of Man.

I may try to create this myself, but this is my first year with Football Manager and I may bang my head against the wall trying to figure it all out.

DIVISION 1

The first division -- the Celtic Premier League -- would begin with the following 16 teams:

1) Swansea

2) Cardiff

3) Celtic

4) Rangers

5) Aberdeen

6) Dundee United

7) Motherwell

8) Kilmarnock

9) Hearts

10) Hibernian

11) original created team in Dublin (we'll call them Dublin United and they'll play in Aviva Stadium), and they'll be a big money team almost on par with the Old Firm, Swansea

12) original created team in Cornwall (call it Cornwall Athletic or whatever, in a stadium of about 16,000 in Falmouth)

13) original created team in Belfast (we'll call it Belfast United, and they'll play in Windsor Park); or this could be a better capitalized Linfield FC

14) Cork City, but better capitalized and in a stadium expanded to about 18,000

15) Derry City, but better capitalized and in a stadium expanded to about 16,000

16) Inverness Caledonian Thistle, with Caledonian Stadium expanded to about 15,000

(I'm picking those teams based in part on performance, stadium size, fan base, city size, and regional location.)

Relegation: Last place team is relegated. 10 and 11th place teams play in a four-team group with the 2nd and third place teams from the next division. All games are at a neutral location. One game against each team. Top two teams go into the premier league. Standard UEFA group tiebreakers apply.

DIVISION 2

The Celtic League second division would also include 16 teams, starting with:

- Next 7 best clubs in Scotland

- Top 3 clubs in Wales

- Top 3 clubs in Ireland

- Top 3 clubs in N. Ireland

Each season, the bottom four teams are relegated from this division, and four are promoted, one from each of the regional feeder leagues.

Promotion: First place team is promoted. Second place team plays a two-legged playoff with the 11th place team in the Premier League to see who plays in the Premier League the next season.

Relegation: Four lowest teams are relegated. (That seems like a lot, but keep reading.)

DIVISION 3

The third tier would be regionalized.

Scottish Football League: 12 clubs

Welsh Football League: 12 clubs

Northern Ireland Football League: 12 clubs

Republic of Ireland Football League: 12 clubs

Start with the next top 12 clubs in the standings in each league.

Promotion: League winner from reach region is promoted to the Celtic league's second division.

Relegation: Last place team is relegated.

If too many teams from a region are relegated to this division -- for example, if two Scottish teams from the Celtic Football League's second division are relegated to the regional divisions -- then the next lowest placing team(s) in the regional division are relegated. So the 11th place Scottish league team goes down if 2 Scottish teams are relegated from Celtic 2nd division, and the 10th place team goes down if it's 3.

DIVISION 4

Same model as the third division.

Each division would simply be called a second division, so "Scottish Football League Second Division" and so on.

Include reserve teams in this division. (More on this below.)

Promotion works as a regional model. The winner of each region's league gains promotion to the 3rd division regional league. (For example, if Galway FC wins promotion in the Republic of Ireland Football League's Second Division, they get promoted to the Republic of Ireland League's First Division.)

Relegation: Last place team is relegated to the next lower regional league, if there are any.

DIVISION 5

Same model as the fourth division. And so on.

NOTE ON RESERVE TEAMS

Clubs can have a B team, much like they do in Spain. These teams would be eligible to play in the regional leagues.

For example, Celtic's reserve team would start play in the Scottish Football League's second division (the fourth tier overall). Reserve teams could not gain promotion higher than the regional leagues.

Ideally, all the top division clubs would have reserve teams in the lower leagues.

NOTE ON CORNWALL AND ISLE OF MAN

Cornish teams would play in the Welsh regional leagues.

Manx teams would play in the Scottish regional leagues.

CELTIC CUP

There would be a Celtic Cup. All teams from all divisions -- including the individual nations' leagues -- would be admitted. Random draw. No seeding, except that if you don't have 64 flat teams -- and you won't -- then you have to figure out a play-in methodology.

QUALIFICATION FOR EUROPE

Just give them the Scottish Premier League's UEFA coefficient. So you'd get the league winner qualifying for Champions League, the cup winner going into the Europea League, and the next two highest placed teams going into the Europa League.

I have no idea if all this can be done in Football Manager, but it would be interesting and fun to try it out.

I'd love to see an IPL type league setup for the summer (maybe in an oil rich nation) where players from all clubs can go for a month or two and play for mega bucks before returning to their home club. Managers can do the same.

Don't think it'll be do-able though.

Along the same lines I'm considering trying to create a summer cup where the winners of certain leagues/cups are invited for a tournament for mega money. A bit of an independent world club cup type thing as a pre-season tournament.

I'd love to see an IPL type league setup for the summer (maybe in an oil rich nation) where players from all clubs can go for a month or two and play for mega bucks before returning to their home club. Managers can do the same.

Don't think it'll be do-able though.

Along the same lines I'm considering trying to create a summer cup where the winners of certain leagues/cups are invited for a tournament for mega money. A bit of an independent world club cup type thing as a pre-season tournament.

I have done the later to an extent I set up the guiness champions cup like the pre season tournament in the USA for winners/runners up of certain leagues, your first scenario isn't doable but would be for set clubs though, not possible moving players around like that. I would like to be able to have a similar situation to you but it would be the league best squad representing the top leagues ie EPL /Serie A/ La Liga etc etc

I have done the later to an extent I set up the guiness champions cup like the pre season tournament in the USA for winners/runners up of certain leagues, your first scenario isn't doable but would be for set clubs though, not possible moving players around like that. I would like to be able to have a similar situation to you but it would be the league best squad representing the top leagues ie EPL /Serie A/ La Liga etc etc

Have you got a link to your tournament as it may save me doing it!

A Celtic league and football pyramid pulling clubs from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Cornwall, and the Isle of Man.

This would be great fun to play... your structure may be a bit complicated for the editor though - I mean the relegation rules, but I could be wrong.

Thinking of making an Indian Premier League style competition in Europe... probably in Gibraltar with clubs from other European capitals (or regions). Created clubs, I mean. Such as:

Ireland: Dublin Saints

Northern Ireland: Belfast Patriots

Wales: Cymru Dragons

England: London Wanderers (or London Britannia?)

Scotland: Edinburgh Giants

As you can see, I'm struggling with names! Maybe I could use some of the teams (from the more populous areas) that play in the VIVA World Cup such as Padania (Italy) and Provence (France)... I don't know, suggestions for names would be helpful!

Clubs would be located in the HUGE area bounded by Scotland, Gibraltar, Germany and Italy.

All clubs would have a sugar daddy (the London club would have Richard Branson as chairman, for example)... there would be squad limits (minimum number of U/20 players for example), a salary cap and B-teams playing in lower divisions.

Gibraltar FC would be in the league and the real clubs from Gibraltar would be in the lower leagues with the B-teams of the created sides... maybe this would improve the playing stocks of the Gibraltar national team?

If anyone is interested in this idea or has suggestions, please PM me or post in this thread... I'll get started with the editor!

Archived