Match 14 - Ghana V USA - 23:00 BST KO - Group G - BBC 1

Djstu23

Is that Savage who was prattling on about the anthems and how the USA belted theirs out and that's essentially why they are ahead?

Sort of. He said he'd have a word with Dempsey as he didn't sing. What a mug

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course they were robbed, they would have had a goal if it wasn't a blatant save from Suarez. :D

I remember how pissed off people were about it.

But isn't this kind of situation similar (at least morally) to a situation where a player would make a foul in a open goal situation under such circumstances?

But isn't this kind of situation similar (at least morally) to a situation where a player would make a foul in a open goal situation under such circumstances?

yea i didn't get the hate either.

remember solskjaer being hailed as hero for man united after taking down striker going one on one :D

I don't think it is really, the player still has to shoot even if it's an open goal, can be an epic miss still while for Suarez saving the ball off the line, it was already going in.

I don't think it is really, the player still has to shoot even if it's an open goal, can be an epic miss still while for Suarez saving the ball off the line, it was already going in.

So if it's 99% chance of goal it's ok, but if 100% it's a despicable act?

I'd actually rather listen to Phil Neville being boring then Savage trying to pretend he was the complete midfielder

he was somebody who liked a chop and he's having a go at somebody doing the same :D similar to FKs, almost as if he thinks he's Zidane talking about how they should be delivered

USA could've countered there but guess they thought better to save energy and take a break.

Just because he wasn't the best player it doesn't mean he can't pass comment, he is a commentator after-all... Savage isn't even that bad, people just going OTT.

The quality of the games has been going down since Ivory Coast vs Japan.

Those first games were too odd, the games will tend to become tighter now as teams will be afraid of risking getting eliminated.

It's good though as means games will be more competitive and less party-like.

those first games were too odd, the games will tend to become tighter now as teams will be afraid of risking getting eliminated.

But we want goals! Lots of goals!

Too many goals get boring after a while.

Of course though bad games like Iran vs Nigeria are boring too.

The France and Germany games were very entertaining imo, albeit against weak opposition.

They were entertaining also because they had good teams though (France and Germany), probably could have been entertaining even if not all those goals had been scored.

Murphy coming out with the 'we don't see that much in our game' line re: Muller. Boring prat, go away.

yeah but it's a German player so you have to force mock outrage :cool:

plenty of it in the EPL, lots of divers

Those first games were too odd, the games will tend to become tighter now as teams will be afraid of risking getting eliminated.

I'm personally not asking for goals. Argentina vs Bosnia had goals, yet it stank all over the place. I want accuracy, grit, passion, determination, and hard work.

Archived