Match 14 - Ghana V USA - 23:00 BST KO - Group G - BBC 1

Djstu23

ghana%20us.jpg

sports-fifa-concerned-natal-world-cup-stadium-1401353780.jpg?itok=M35G9eMt

Venue: Natal

USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann looks set to persist with a diamond formation that gives midfielder Michael Bradley an advanced role.

Clint Dempsey and Jozy Altidore will start upfront.

Ghana coach James Kwesi Appiah must decide whether to pick Jordan Ayew after he scored a hat-trick in last week's warm-up match against South Korea.

Majeed Waris tore a thigh muscle in that game and is not expected to play.

Yeah very dull OP...... Come on Ghana.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Ghana to have the support of Brazilian fans, considering how much most Brazilians dislike the USA, even though at the same time most of those want to live there.

It will also be interesting to see the situation in Natal, the authorities there are already set to declare a state of public calamity because of the heavy rains over the last 3 days there.

Scored a brace against Nigeria, son. :herman:

I'm happy he did. I really am. But I don't think Nigeria cared too much.

I need this match to over already. Getting tired of ESPN talking about Team USA :D

I expect Ghana to have the support of Brazilian fans, considering how much most Brazilians dislike the USA, even though at the same time most of those want to live there.

Americans are only second to Brazilians to buy tickets.

Granted, a bunch of those are are probably mexican fans but still.

Americans are only second to Brazilians to buy tickets.

Granted, a bunch of those are are probably mexican fans but still.

Yes, but I meant Brazilian fans, not the foreigners who might be at the stadium, and who will probably be overwhelmingly American.

Didn't think Ghana looked that strong when I saw their friendly against Holland, but they have smashed South Korea 4-0 since then. Ghana and Germany to go through I reckon. Portugal to fall comically short.

Protest in Natal, some idiots burned an American flag allegedly because the Rio Grande do Norte government is spending too much with the USMNT security.

Protest in Natal, some idiots burned an American flag allegedly because the Rio Grande do Norte government is spending too much with the USMNT security.

What, nothing better to protest?

What, nothing better to protest?

They were protesting about the World Cup in general too, but pretty stupid to burn the American flag but the protesters are mainly linked to extreme left parties, so you can imagine they are pretty dumb.

Even a local 'vereador' (equivalent to alderman) is involved in the protest...

They were protesting about the World Cup in general too, but pretty stupid to burn the American flag but the protesters are mainly linked to extreme left parties, so you can imagine they are pretty dumb.

Even a local 'vereador' (equivalent to alderman) is involved in the protest...

Hey, some of the complaints about the event are valid, I just find it funny that they're reaching for the most petty item on the list to go after.

Hey, some of the complaints about the event are valid, I just find it funny that they're reaching for the most petty item on the list to go after.

Most or even all of the complaints are valid, what I meant is that it's not valid to involve or criticize the USA in all of this, they did so due to anti-Americanism. That was indeed pretty dumb.

Brazil not the only country in this continent with a dumb populist leftist president: :thdn:

Barack Obama

@BarackObama

11 on the field, more than 300 million cheering them on. #WorldCup #USMNT pic.twitter.com/vVjgAMXN0J

BqSFuxaCIAANu0g.png:small

Here we're taught those are 2 different continents :p

In Brazil, we have one continent (América) and several subdivisions (América do Sul, América Central, América do Norte and Caribe).

Archived