Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

Reports of problems in ME being posted and conversed in the area aimed at ME are provided solely for fm 15? There is no chance of updating fm 14 still have?

It has been answered many times already, Leon. We've had the 3rd and final update for FM14. From now on, the changes will go into the ME for FM15.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A rather annoying issue is that I sort my team on the tactics screen but when I leave the screen and go back to it a few days later the order is usually jumbled up, it won't remember my settings.

Also in a match when making subs I have to manually sort by position otherwise it'll be in a random order

BTW, is the "Good Luck" team talk putting more pressure on the players than "have fun" team talks, but less than "you have faith"? What is it actually supposed to do? When would a manager wish his players luck?

I would usually use it when the other team are slight favourites, often this translate into an away match against opposition that are about the same or slightly better than your team.

there is one really annoying issue that is popping up every now and then for quite a few years now.

recently i had a match and news said i am sligh favourite.

when i get to match preview the commentator says he expects a draw.

when i get to team talk, my assman suggests i should wish luck as we have very little chance.

now, i guess there is something wrong with the expectations here as all the info is contradicting. it also happens in euro cups over two legs. anyone noticed this?

So the media, the commentator & your AM have different opinions?

I don't see the problem tbh.

Pretty varying opinions though - I can't see a situation where a team is installed as favourites but are also not seen as having much of a chance.

They all have different information. The Media are looking at your reputation as much as your squad. The pre-match commentary is based on your lineup and how it compares, and your Assistant Manager knows things like morale and fitness as well as all the rest. That's my rationalisation anyway :)

If this doesn't warrant another patch to fix these crazy results... i don't know what will

Are you really going to leave this game in this state until FM 15?

Untitled_zps5ba65486.png

I cannot remember an FM that had these serious issues with these scorelines.. Really it seems the quality of FM declines with every year.

I keep getting in on goal and then scythed down from behind over and over.

1 Players have plenty of time to shoot but never do

2 Tackles from behind are a foul and should be penalties and reds too

3 Even if they are taking the ball cleanly, which it doesn't look like, there should be some margin for error and the odd penalty but never.

It's so frustrating as your on the verge of scorer and are just waiting for a superman dive and tackle that would never be allowed or have anywhere near the same success rate.

It has been answered many times already, Leon. We've had the 3rd and final update for FM14. From now on, the changes will go into the ME for FM15.

While I appreciate that SI want to concentrate on making next season's game, there are still some serious issues with FM14 that need addressing. In many areas the ME excels, but there are many other areas in which it does not. There are far too many chances created (especially when central defenders take it upon themselves to suddenly go charging up the field to mark a central midfielder, leaving acres of space in behind him; or when a ball is played in behind a full-back who stands there as though his feet are made of cement); there are the ridiculous mis-hit crosses that either end up as goals or that hit the wood; the identical missed penalties; forwards shooting from 40 yards when they have a clear run at goal; the crazy penalty shhot-out scorelines; the equally crazy match scorelines; goalkeepers continuously passing the ball straight to the opposition; and many, many others.

Quite frankly I am amazed that there will be no more updates. I like the ME overall and it is very realistic at times, but surely these issues justify an update without having to fork out more money for a new ME in 7 months time? Surely...

After unsuccessfully being able to play the game this year, I feel it is due to the following points I will list below which have hindered the experience.

1) When a defender has the ball near his box he will walk with it for a bit towards the goalkeeper. This has happened on a number of occasions and one inparticular when this happened my defender was dribbling with himself getting closer and closer to the goalkeeper when there was absolutely no need to do so and this led to an own goal in the end.

2) Why when a winger is in the box or just outside it they will always shoot rather than cross which ends up with the ball flying over the bar? It has nothing to do with my tactics and rather annoying as all he has to do is cross rather than going for the shot. Again, something that happens on many occasions in a game.

3) The ball always seems to glide over the defenders and get to the striker far too often from a long ball or through ball.

4) It is nearly impossible to get someone on loan when managing a conference team from the leagues above.

5) The trajectory of a corner seems to be more like a rocket in the sense that it will go really high and then drop down.

6) Probably should go in the bugs forum this but even last year this happened when you hover the mouse over the 'interact with board' and it says that the board are in the middle of a takeover or something like that even when they are not.

Think that is it from what I have seen so far and hope this helps in improving the ME for next year. Each update got better but a long way from what I would consider very playable and enjoyable. This is not me having a go but rather constructive feedback.

Default The time has come.....

I've been playing fm (champ manager) since the late 90's and invested 1000's of hours doing so but i think my love for the game is disappearing.

Firstly the game is never ready to go when i buy it on release day, i fight to get a formation working then BOOM update, tactic doesn't work anymore.

I couldn't give my friends the game and go there you go because of how complicated it seems to have become, mainly around tactics, you can't simply replicate a formation you see used in the premier league because the AI just rips it too pieces!

I have used Mr Roslers tactic which he kindly up loads onto here, the guy analyses and pours what must be hours into this just to get a formation that can be successful.

I check the forums regularly because one minute i am dominating games the next nothing and usually it's oh the new patch blah blah blah

are CCC's actually CCC's? Should i look at individual stats or the star rating of a player? I can't offload players because of the AI or some bug !

I come on here and mention a problem and am usually greeted with, maybe your players are tired - there just as tired as the opposition.

Well are you watching the match engine - yes and it infuriates me !!! watching a guy make a run and the player with the ball walk, stop, turn around....kinda fall down, get up and pass it to an opposition attacking player - GENIUS!

at the end of the day i play the game to enjoy it, signed that player i think can make a difference, winning games and cups.

The match engine seems intent on creating that bit of drama you see now and again in most games, 15 shots on goal, 8 on target keeper gets mom and the opposition score in the dieing moments, crosses drifting in maybe 10 times per season !!! having games scheduled so i end up playing mon, wed, fri, sun, tue then play a champions league game missing my whole first time because they are away on internationals (ok this happened once but still??!)

i think that's rant over, i guess its time to bring on the comments for moaning about a 'great game' or wanting 'perfection' or 'well stop buying then'.....

How many of these do you actually see in the game?

I've just looked through the three seasons of La Liga results on my current save, and the highest score in a game was 4-2.

Do you have La Liga in full detail? I really doubt that you are using full detail, if you say the highest score was 4-2.

There are many results like this... you just have to set to full details the competition.

What Karlb said.

I never wanted to cause any type of fight or things of that nature on this forum. I know that other users on this forum are loving the FM series as much as I do. However, I really hope for another quick fix, for my sake, for other players around the world sake, and for SI sake. This does not bold well for this franchise in the future. And it's a shame, because I really am thankful to the people that are making this game year after year. But it is what it is, we have to be realistic.

And then the obvious comes. "Maybe it's your tactic". And how would I love for this to be the truth. But it's not, and all of us need to accept that, and do whatever we can to save FM14. If it was just my tactics, one of the adjustments I make should work, but the problem is this:

When my striker is one on one with the opposite keepers, and he shoots way to soon, or blazes it wide, or shoots it directly into the keeper, it's a problem within a game. Not my tactics. My tactics did it's thing. It created multiple chances. The fact that striker with 16+ finishing AND composure can't convert that chance into a goal, it's not my/your/our tactic. The problem lies somewhere else.

Do you have La Liga in full detail? I really doubt that you are using full detail, if you say the highest score was 4-2.

Doubt away - but it is in full detail.

This is the thing with bugs. I've seen a few people report this issue, but I haven't seen it myself.

I'm not doubting its existence as you have shown a screenshot (although just of one match), but I am suggesting that it does not appear to be prevalent or excessively frequent across all saves.

Similarly, there's no doubt that stupid penalty shootout scores exist - but I haven't seen one.

It isn't a case of blinkered, rose-tinted mod toeing the party line either.

Bugs exist, but they need to be given context.

Then i have to ask what version are you playing? I had these extreme results in all my saves. I even uploaded one save for SI to examine...

The very same version as you. Like I say, if it happened to everyone, then an awful lot more people would be (rightly) kicking off on these forums.

Must say I have pretty much given up. Can't defend for toffee and as a poster says above strikers are just blazing straight at the keeper, crossing is poor - my corner taker with a corner stat of 16 just blazed three corners over the bar when instructed to play to 6 yard box. Previously to that my corner taker of 16 played a short corner twice to a player who was coming short to which the ball whizzed past that player available for the short corner straight to their chap who was lurking outside the area to swiftly gain advantage with a counter attack. So attacking corners are now painful in the extreme - I have managed to stop conceding goals from corners thanks to the routine everyone seems to be using now so it seems that 90% of all users will soon be using the only defensive corner tactic that doesn't concede and probably the only corner tactic that scores goals, once someone comes up with one!! Free kicks seem to end up in my net when the opposition whack one as hard as possible which clatters one of their players, conveniently sticks at his feet and he blasts home. My free kicks when aimed at the best header usually end up over the bar or safely in the opponents keepers hands, oh and my free kick taker has 17 as his stat.

Defending and attacking is woeful. I was 2-0 down at home in a recent game. Changed a few things and got back to 3-2 up. Changed to a "see it out" tactic but with "pending changes" hanging in the left hand corner for an eternity a cross came in, my defender trod on the ball and the opposition that only moments prior were dead on their feet, heads hung in shame, and run ragged were level. No it wasn't Man City it was bottom placed Crystal Palace with a handful of wins all season grabbing a draw thanks to a hat trick from goal machine Marouanne Chamakh who hadn't scored for three months!! Full backs are hopeless because they close down wingers "on their own team at the other end of the pitch" thus leaving gaping holes for the opposition wingers to exploit. Centre backs don't tackle and when they do a 5 yard pass to a player in the same shirt it is too difficult but a 20 yard pass to an opposition player is a given. Goalkeepers have to try and catch everything, even when the ball is going out. Why? So he can then fall backwards and give the opposition a corner again that's why!! And why does "hassle opponents" seem to be exactly the same as " stand off opponents"?! Come on seriously no one can accept that closing down actually works properly can they?!?!

Attacking - First patch there were some lovely moves, fabulous cross field passes and some great finishes. Now crosses are hopeless, goals when they come are usually when you get a lucky through ball that a winger blasts home from an angle but a striker with good finishing stats one on one with a keeper - no chance!! A hat trick of headers from Andy Carroll was a highlight in a 442 but you can't defend with a 442 so it was fun being 3-0 up after 20 minutes but at 3-3 at half time, and yes I did go to counter at 3-1 and then defensive at 3-2 but just started crying at 3-3!

Then there are injuries straight from kick off and 99% of all injuries are after the poor little lambs pass the ball and fall over. And why can we not have a team instruction to carry on playing if an opposition player does the same,. I don't want to put the ball out of play, I don't want to be a sportsman especially when my striker is one on one with the goalkeeper, although he will probably miss anyway! Then the off-sides. Seven this season I have had where the replay clearly shows it is onside. I know Referees are awful IRL as well but please why do I always score when apparently offside but miss when onside!!

Seriously I have almost stopped looking at all other aspects of the game because you win 4-0 one week and then the following week you are 3 down after 10 minutes with the same tactic and my entire time in this game is spent tweaking to come up with at least two variations that do ok. But it's pointless trying to be defensive because you can't defend. An anchor man for instance is a great name for the role because he doesn't move. There is absolutely no difference between a DLP and a CM / no difference between a wingers defensive abilities and a wide midfielders and a TM, AF, DLF, CF, F9 etc all seem to play the same way. It may be my tactics but I have tried to be "holistic" and I have based things around the 12 Step Guide and the consistency is hopeless. Norwich pass it around like Man City and there seems absolutely no difference in playing a top team and a bottom team. And yes I have asked questions in the tactics forum but the advice has run dry probably because 95% of everyone else has no idea either!! And I'm not a bad tactician. In FM13 with the sliders I managed to only concede 15 goals in one season now I concede 15 every month!!

It is a great shame that there wasn't a way to transfer your old slider tactics into FM14 then transfer those into TC tactics, It would have been very interesting to see what my 451 in FM13 transferred to in FM14, probably not something used IRL!! And that is I am afraid in my opinion is wrong with FM14,. I am now trying to play the ME rather than trying to play football. For example because centre backs don't cover I am now trying two on cover duty. I'm trying asymmetric ideas because for some reason Carroll only scores headers when in the right striker berth which looks odd but what can you do when two up top is suicide! And of course set pieces are set up to try and counter the oddities in the ME.

Obviously people will not agree with me because if you have a negative view it's usually apparently because you are doing something wrong but it's a feedback thread and at the moment I have only negative feedback to report.

First error I noticed in FM14:

I am playing as Balestier Khalsa in the Singaporean League. My first league match is against Harimau Muda B, which is listed as an Australian club. It is in fact a Malaysian club.

I have just been sacked after 8 games with Liverpool...I have lost all motivation to continue..

I started a new save with Liverpool (first since FM12) and they are out of this world on the latest patch. I use a 4-2-3-1 Denmark (Control) when I want to be attacking and a 4-3-3 (Counter) when I want to sit back. I'm currently mauling the league (15 points clear) and just won the league cup.

I just want ONE FORMAL RESPONSE from the SI representative, or one of the game developers please:

Will there be another (or multiple) patches in the coming months to the current patch? The last version for FM13 as I remember was 13.3.3, so will there be 14.3.1 or even 14.3.2 or 14.3.3?

I repeat, as it seems many here can't comprehend simple English. I would like an official, formal answer from someone associated with SI or the development team for Football Manager. The answer to this question is what many has been begging for, but has yet to be answered by someone with authority (we've had many who aren't from SI, and if you are one of those, please don't answer this question).

Thanks.

2 Tackles from behind are a foul and should be penalties and reds too

I believe the current tackling model only takes into account whether or not the ball is won and not where the tackle comes from. So a tackle in which the defender goes through the back of an opponent and wins the ball (common) is not seen as a foul.

I believe the current tackling model only takes into account whether or not the ball is won and not where the tackle comes from. So a tackle in which the defender goes through the back of an opponent and wins the ball (common) is not seen as a foul.

A tackle from "behind" the player, but say, legs sweeping around to take the ball are still legitimate, as long as the ball is won and the force used & studs etc are correct.

A tackle from "behind" the player, but say, legs sweeping around to take the ball are still legitimate, as long as the ball is won and the force used & studs etc are correct.

I'm talking about the animation where the player clearly goes through the back of his opponent, or appears to. Often this will happen in the penalty area and leaves the attacker sprawled on the floor. Maybe this is an animation issue but I'm sure I read a post by Tony saying the ME doesn't take into account anything other than if the ball is won, fairly or not.

I just want ONE FORMAL RESPONSE from the SI representative, or one of the game developers please:

Will there be another (or multiple) patches in the coming months to the current patch? The last version for FM13 as I remember was 13.3.3, so will there be 14.3.1 or even 14.3.2 or 14.3.3?

I repeat, as it seems many here can't comprehend simple English. I would like an official, formal answer from someone associated with SI or the development team for Football Manager. The answer to this question is what many has been begging for, but has yet to be answered by someone with authority (we've had many who aren't from SI, and if you are one of those, please don't answer this question).

Thanks.

As per each year, this update is the last one to be released unless there is a game-breaking issue that requires immediate attention. The focus is now on FM15

Is it possible that the game doesn't recognize keeper mistakes? De Gea let the ball slip through his hands which resulted in an own goal and dropped a ball that got picked up by a striker and resulted in a goal. Yet his player screen show that he has made 1 mistake that didn't lead to a goal. I also noticed that in both games his rating was pretty normal so it seems the game hasn't registered his mistakes as mistakes for some reason.

Is it possible that the game doesn't recognize keeper mistakes? De Gea let the ball slip through his hands which resulted in an own goal and dropped a ball that got picked up by a striker and resulted in a goal. Yet his player screen show that he has made 1 mistake that didn't lead to a goal. I also noticed that in both games his rating was pretty normal so it seems the game hasn't registered his mistakes as mistakes for some reason.

The game does register GK mistakes. If it hasn't registered those, please upload them as PKMs in the bug section

has anyone tried the following: start with one tactic like a 4-4-2 and at the beginning of the game play with like a 4-2-3-1 (having had this tactic run in the background in regards of familiarity) wouldn't that confuse the AI big time as you would always start with one tactic but play with a complete different one??

Too much manager job safety is worked on the league position!

I play now in Scotland 3rd level. January, 3rd team has 34 points, 9th team...30.

Every week my move 3rd > 9th > 4th > 9th > 3rd > 5th> etc. 1 week "very insecure" one week "Secure" one week "very insecure". One week other manager answer "your opposition faces sack" next week not.

My club would know league is big competitive !!~~!!

As well

When player in low league with no Continental Trophy, what changes reputation graph of other leagues? Player Prestige?

Too much manager job safety is worked on the league position!

I play now in Scotland 3rd level. January, 3rd team has 34 points, 9th team...30.

Every week my move 3rd > 9th > 4th > 9th > 3rd > 5th> etc. 1 week "very insecure" one week "Secure" one week "very insecure". One week other manager answer "your opposition faces sack" next week not.

My club would know league is big competitive !!~~!!

As well

When player in low league with no Continental Trophy, what changes reputation graph of other leagues? Player Prestige?

That does indeed sound a bit off. Personally, although I could be wrong, I don't think job security should be much of an issue that low down the leagues in Scotland. Teams are much of a muchness, and it's unlikely that you're going to have that big a swing in job security from your league position. I'd raise it as a bug. Even without the competitiveness of the league in your case, it shouldn't be happening like that IMO.

This has descended into pointless bickering, with no constructive feedback of any kind in the last hour or 2. Get it back on topic. I am all for constructive feedback - none of this is constructive in any way.

That does indeed sound a bit off. Personally, although I could be wrong, I don't think job security should be much of an issue that low down the leagues in Scotland. Teams are much of a muchness, and it's unlikely that you're going to have that big a swing in job security from your league position. I'd raise it as a bug. Even without the competitiveness of the league in your case, it shouldn't be happening like that IMO.

Thank You

And any ideas on other question

Same Scotland 3rd level, my league climb on the graph every year, soon it might be world important league! Before I thought it was Continental Trophy made League Prestige better, but now, is it Player Prestige of league players?

Thank You

And any ideas on other question

Same Scotland 3rd level, my league climb on the graph every year, soon it might be world important league! Before I thought it was Continental Trophy made League Prestige better, but now, is it Player Prestige of league players?

That I'm not sure of, would be one for someone else. I wouldn't have thought the Scottish lower leagues would rise at all to be honest, for the reasons you mentioned. There isn't really anything I can think of that could raise it. The most sensible thing (and I've no idea if this is how it works) is a trickle-down effect. Say the SPFL has a Champions League winner for example, the club in question would get a rep boost, as would the league they're in. I'd say continued success should give the leagues below a small increase too. Again, no idea if that's how it works.

I know Goodison is falling apart but you'd think there would enough of the ground left to keep random people from just having a wonder across the pitch?

Unless there is some ancient right of way that nobody told me about?

eqa7p0.jpg

Will upload game to bugs later on

Has anyone noticed that players not in your first team seriously lack match fitness even if you have them down as to play for the U18's or U21's until they are match fit? Many of my back up players are around the 50/60% mark despite playing regular "reserve" football.

Plus if you assign a player to play reserve football just generally how can you then stop him playing in the Reserves? Am I missing something?

Ok I admit that I'm not able to read around 1700 posts to know whether the following have already been raised: 1) continuing mad ratio of own goals; 2) incredible amount of missed CCC; 3) defenders just watching the ball over the head while the attacker runs to collect it and fly to the goal...all the issues were not so evident before 14.3 patch

Ok I admit that I'm not able to read around 1700 posts to know whether the following have already been raised: 1) continuing mad ratio of own goals; 2) incredible amount of missed CCC; 3) defenders just watching the ball over the head while the attacker runs to collect it and fly to the goal...all the issues were not so evident before 14.3 patch

1 - No. Own goals still happen though. How much is a "mad ratio" of own goals?

2 - That's tactical/motivational.

3 - I've seen it happen, but my defenders (and team) is of quite poor quality. Maybe someone else can shed light on this.

1) Wingers crossing the ball into the box seem to hit the bar a lot (i.e. "_____ nearly got lucky with that!). I'm not exaggerating when I say it happens nearly every game now, and to both sides.

2) My players seem to enjoy shooting from impossibly narrow angles, rather than squaring it or holding it up. I can't tell you the amount of times the ball hits the side netting. The latter in particular is something that seems to happen a lot, and to both sides.

It's pretty clear for everyone that this is the finite product. So any feedback is pretty much useless, for 14 at least. My biggest problem with this years version is the chances conversion. I mean, after every single patch you guys made people were complaining about this problem. Now, the last patch is out and it's like worse than before, it is nerve-wracking to watch my strikers miss sitter after sitter. Why was the AI keeper performance improved? Did someone feel the strikers perform too good?

2) Why when a winger is in the box or just outside it they will always shoot rather than cross which ends up with the ball flying over the bar? It has nothing to do with my tactics and rather annoying as all he has to do is cross rather than going for the shot. Again, something that happens on many occasions in a game.

3) The ball always seems to glide over the defenders and get to the striker far too often from a long ball or through ball.

The former in particular happens to me all the time and I'm getting really sick of it.

It's pretty clear for everyone that this is the finite product. So any feedback is pretty much useless, for 14 at least. My biggest problem with this years version is the chances conversion. I mean, after every single patch you guys made people were complaining about this problem. Now, the last patch is out and it's like worse than before, it is nerve-wracking to watch my strikers miss sitter after sitter. Why was the AI keeper performance improved? Did someone feel the strikers perform too good?

I sincerely hope this is not the finished product. I know the tactical side of FM 14 has had a bit of an overhaul this year, but I've played every version since 07 and am hardly a novice. I do feel that there are problems with this game and despite what the SI moderator above said, I hope they do decide to release another patch as there are problems that need rectifying.

1 - No. Own goals still happen though. How much is a "mad ratio" of own goals?

2 - That's tactical/motivational.

3 - I've seen it happen, but my defenders (and team) is of quite poor quality. Maybe someone else can shed light on this.

i really appreciate your quick response but...around 0,75 own goals per match is a 'mad ratio', isnt'it? the tactical/motivational excuse is quite old, it has nothing to do with a striker alone in front of a keeper firing regularly in its arms...maybe i could agree (i hope so) with the third point, i'll try a top team to assess the difference...

So you're experiencing an own goal every 2nd game? If that's really the case and not just you making up numbers, you should report it in the bugs forum. I'm not seeing anywhere near that on 14.3, so please do report it as it hasn't been mentioned (at all?) after 14.3 was released.

The tactical/motivational "excuse" is old, but still valid.

Like I said before, I'm open to all theories and explenations, but players missing one on one or excellent chances to score isn't tactical/motivational. It cannot be. It doesn't make sense.

It can't be tactical because it's obviously logical, that if you get those great chances and one on one's, the tactic is fine. It has created multiple good chances. When the player shoots directly into the goalkeeper or something like that when one on one, it's not tactical, tactics did their thing, it created that chance. You can make an argument that it's a tactical problem with other situations, but not when your players don't convert chances into goals in situations where players in real life would score with their eyes closed.

Archived