Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with udinese, after two months of pre-season and full focus on match preparation in order to get more tactic familiarity, the bar is still at like 10% familiarity. What is going on?

the importance of the whole tactical familiarity is ridiculous. its effect on the play is way too high and it is extremely flawed to begin with.

Sunderland have conceded five own goals in their last seven games in real life. Just sayin'.

That's the exception that proves the rule. The rule, of course, being that own goals are relatively rare. I've noticed that the serial defenders of this bugged out patch just love to use real-world examples such as the above as a manner of validating ridiculous bugs in an absolutely diabolical patch.

A far better example would be to look at a season in which own goals were at their most prominent in the Premier League, this being the 2009/2010 season. There were 43 own goals, out of a total of 1,053. This means that own goals account for roughly 4% of all goals scored, and as a blanket figure occur to each team twice a season. Taking this into account, your Sunderland figures are essentially useless, as this is an absolute anomaly, which should not be used to defend a match-engine problem in which the same anomaly has become the custom. Because, believe me, the number of own goals I see in my game is daft, as it is for many others.

But yes, keep dragging up these anomalies as a means of defending SI. You are kidding nobody.

whatever changes they made to first touch "skills", should be reverted!!!! i guess those own goals have a lot to do with reduced controll over the ball, then i see a lot of bad first touches leading to counters/breakaways... SMH!!! don't tell me anything about tactisc go. da.. it!!!! change it!!!!!!!!!!!

Good eh?

By the way, I'm using the pitch mod which some dude posted in the skinning forum, makes a massive difference to watching the games in 3D.

Never spotted there was a pitch mod Dave, in what way does it improve things mate? I might give it a try.

That's the exception that proves the rule. The rule, of course, being that own goals are relatively rare. I've noticed that the serial defenders of this bugged out patch just love to use real-world examples such as the above as a manner of validating ridiculous bugs in an absolutely diabolical patch.

A far better example would be to look at a season in which own goals were at their most prominent in the Premier League, this being the 2009/2010 season. There were 43 own goals, out of a total of 1,053. This means that own goals account for roughly 4% of all goals scored, and as a blanket figure occur to each team twice a season. Taking this into account, your Sunderland figures are essentially useless, as this is an absolute anomaly, which should not be used to defend a match-engine problem in which the same anomaly has become the custom. Because, believe me, the number of own goals I see in my game is daft, as it is for many others.

But yes, keep dragging up these anomalies as a means of defending SI. You are kidding nobody.

Actually you and DD have missed the point since both Sunderland's sample and the sample offered by the other person are too small.

I'd look at the number of own goal in an entire season in FM ( which so far, none has seem to posted) in comparison to real life, and then using the team i was playing as, then look at the actual own goals themselves to see how they were caused.

does anyone know if there is indeed a bug with the tactic familiarity training in 14.2? I have never seen this before, but my team is still at like 10% familiarity and the season kicks off any day now. I am obviously put the "schedule" meter all the way to the left "more match training" and chosen "tactics only" in the menu to the right ("Match training")

Actually you and have missed the point since the both Sunderland's sample and the sample offered by the other person are too small.

I wasn't countering the point that there are too many own goals, merely illustrating that an abnormal number of own goals in a limited amount of games can and does happen. There may well be too many own goals in total. Can't say I've really noticed myself.

I wasn't countering the point that there are too many own goals, merely illustrating that an abnormal number of own goals in a limited amount of games can and does happen. There may well be too many own goals in total. Can't say I've really noticed myself.

TBH not had a lot happen to myself more the AI teams

whatever changes they made to first touch "skills", should be reverted!!!! i guess those own goals have a lot to do with reduced controll over the ball, then i see a lot of bad first touches leading to counters/breakaways... SMH!!! don't tell me anything about tactisc go. da.. it!!!! change it!!!!!!!!!!!

In 14.1.4 average second division striker where able to take down long balls over their shoulder while sprinting killing the ball dead and not braking stride.

First touch now looks realistic in division two. If it looks just the same for elite teams then there's a problem but the solution is more complicated then just rolling it back to how it was.

2cgiwc7.jpg

1st goal: fantastic own goal from Bonucci who scores heading the ball from outside the box. Amazing, considering strikers can't score from 1 yard distance.

2nd goal: try to guess. Yes!! from corner!

Damn my tactic!

Summing up: 0 CCCs, 2 shots on goal, 2 goals. Brilliant!! Yeah sometimes it seems like the game doesn't want you to win :)

Hi allJust my views. I am casual gamer but do play ddo and neverwinter so do understand that games develop, alter, get nerfed at various timesFor various reasons.

Firstly i buy the game every two years 08,10,12 and now 14 but have played the whole series since cm93/94. Pre purchased the game as had some time off thought i would give dafuges challenge another attempt. 08even got heybridge Swifts into topflight.My initial impressions were really good thoroughly enjoyed it compared to fm12. However by time 14.2 arrived it was really not fun.

Goalies seemingly jumping too far then arching back from wrong side to catch ball was bad enough but have just played 5 games had 2 goals scored against me from Defenders playing ball through and keeper just blatently mucked up under no pressure and ball rolled into net. Throw in an og with defender passing ball into corner of goal and plenty of corner goals as mentioned.

Spat dummy out resigned holidaying through to end of season with probably no chance of getting another job

.Oh well si sorry not impressed.

In 14.1.4 average second division striker where able to take down long ball over their shoulder while sprinting killing the ball dead and not braking stride.

First touch now looks realistic in division two. If it looks just the same for elite teams then there's a problem but the solution is more complicated then just rolling it back to how it was.

I don't see mis-control that often with Lazio. What I do see quite often is that the first touch when a player with good technique, like Hernanes, tries to change direction is very long and almost always a failure. I cannot remember ever seeing a player controlling the ball tightly with many small touches during such an attempt. It looks more like an attempt at kicking the ball past the opponent and running around him than an attempt at changing direction with the first touch.

What I would like to see is a bigger technical reportoire in general, rather than good technical players doing the exact same things as meatfoot defenders but having a higher chance of success.

I would also like to see absolutely no instances of the ball carrier walking/light jogging forward. Anyone of us who have played football knows that running with the ball requires either full speed and explositivity, or the decision to not do so at all and rather pass or cross or shoot instead. If the opposition players jogs sideways beside you when you run with the ball that's a sign that you should stop doing so and never try that again the rest of your footballing career. It should also be a sign for the defenders that they're doing something wrong; if I was a real coach and the opposition ball carrier got to walk forward with the ball 10-20 meters while my closest two defenders were watching (i.e, one had the other covered), I would have had both their hides hung up in the dressing room as a fair warning to the rest of the squad if it should ever happen again.

In 14.1.4 I saw a lot of wingers walking the ball down the touchline while a defender jogged beside them some times taking the ball forty or fifty yards before anyone attempted a tackle. 14.2 has been a big advance in that regard.

Yes, now they walk the ball straight down the middle of the park. :p

The visual representation of the game is not up to standard yet; hence 'Only Commentary'. Sanity back, but boring now.

In 14.1.4 average second division striker where able to take down long balls over their shoulder while sprinting killing the ball dead and not braking stride.

and here we go... yes, it probably fits the lower leagues but if it happens too often at higher levels, leading to weird stuff, then i would say something isn't quite right... and you're right, it will not be easy to find the right balance.

2cgiwc7.jpg

1st goal: fantastic own goal from Bonucci who scores heading the ball from outside the box. Amazing, considering strikers can't score from 1 yard distance.

2nd goal: try to guess. Yes!! from corner!

Damn my tactic!

Summing up: 0 CCCs, 2 shots on goal, 2 goals. Brilliant!! Yeah sometimes it seems like the game doesn't want you to win :)

experienced exactlly the same several times... the same scheme occurs over a period of time, again and again......

In 14.1.4 I saw a lot of wingers walking the ball down the touchline while a defender jogged beside them some times taking the ball forty or fifty yards before anyone attempted a tackle. 14.2 has been a big advance in that regard.

I can't agree with this WW, I'm seeing far less tackling now, not only on the wings but pretty much all over the field. Defenders have gone particularly bad and everyone now just seem to stroll past them with no attempt to get a tackle in. Especially bad is I'm getting balls dropped over the top of my back four and not one of them makes an attempt to cut it out, in fact they're more prone to stand there watching it, another one is the ball played between the two Centre Backs which is succeeding pretty much everytime because again, no attempt what so ever to cut it out. I've tried all kinds of instructions, both individual and team but nothing I've found yet makes the defenders cover the back line properly.

The first touch thing just needs to be so much more sensitive to attributes imo. I mean I'd occasionally expect to see Robin van Persie kill a ball pelted towards him at high speed from a distance of 40 yards before

But then I'd expect any lower league clogger attempting the same to end up on their arse with the ball bouncing off into row z. I'm also not sure the game is properly capable of differentiating between controlling a ball with lots of velocity on it from controlling a simple ball along the ground.

For the first time in years I got FM at Christmas, so I've missed a lot of patches, but the version I'm using, whichever it is, has Dortmund saying Jurgen Klopp can leave for Man City if he wants, and that they don't care if he goes. Then Klopp registers his interest and Dortmund are 'unhappy with Klopp'. Totally contradictory. Sorry if that's been posted/fixed before.

I think my players hit the post or bar about double the amount of times they actually hit the net...

One bug that was fixed in the last patch, and which required a new save, have apprently re-surfaced with this patch, and this time it didn't need a patch to make the changes.

Since SI will always just demand people to upload save games most people do not want to put that time into it. I have plenty of bugs I've encountered in this bug ridden game, most of which I have not bothered to report since I don't have any desire spending time looking for a save before it happened and then upload it to their FTP.

For 2 years in a row I have felt more like a Beta tester when playing the post release versions than I did when actually playing the Beta's. The magic of FM has died for me.

Just played a game where the full back after he's taken a throw in, just stands and watches the returned ball go aimlessly past him instead of trying to stop it.

My CB passes a ball 15yds in front of him to no one at all, the opposition striker runs up, gets the ball and would've scored if it wasn't for my keeper.

The Alloa keeper(yes I said Alloa) played as if he was a world beater, saving everything, hands like glue and almost unable to get past.

Simple basic passing and control in the midfield especially is horrendous, worse than sunday league stuff at times.

I'm getting fed up trying to tinker with the tactics just to get a team that plays half decent.

This years game is like de ja vu, 2013 all over again, similar game, similar rubbish, please sort it.

And FM12. I'm not sure there's that much of a hurry with the ME, although some of the newly introduced niggles are quite annoying. But the bug with getting a job as a low reputation manager surely has to be hotfixed before that?

I doubt the contract issue will wait anywhere near as long as that if it can be helped. Suspect it's a priority issue atm (can't say for certain as not SI).

Fm has come leaps and bounds since i started playing CM 97/98. However those old games just worked out of the box, no patches no hotfixes, they just worked. I remember having george weah upfront and he scored most of his one on ones. None of this 9 shots, 4 on target, 2 saved and 3 woodwork nonsense.

I feel in making the game more detailed it lost the fundamentals that made it fun. I mean as a manager tactics don't make world class players balloon shots wide and onto the post every match without defender pressure.

For 2 years in a row I have felt more like a Beta tester when playing the post release versions than I did when actually playing the Beta's. The magic of FM has died for me.

I've started opening Filezilla when I open FM, logging onto the SI server and leaving it running in the background (as it doesn't time out or anything). Makes it a lot easier to upload PKMs of incidents once it's already open, as the process of saving the PKM and then uploading is very simple.

I think I've uploaded about 20 PKMs in the past three days too, almost all of them stupid 'keeper behaviour or 40-50 yard backpasses which go out for a corner. I'm obviously seeing this stuff far more regularly than other posters and this frustrates me.

I am honestly tempted to go back to FM12 just to have that feel of joy watching your wonderkid play, again... Now there is really no difference. You can spend 7 years tailoring your striker and get him crazy attributes only to miss sitters on and on again, but then again even the best players in this game are dire.

It will all be fine come the final patch as usual.

They've made a meal of this patch though. This patch is the Emile Heskey of patches.

I've just had a 5-2 win where Pepe scored a hattrick an o.g and then under no pressure just kicked the ball off Casillas for a Casillas O.G.

Just random nonsense. Winning isn't even enjoyable on this patch.

The Eric Djemba Djemba of patches.

This is completely false for me, in fact I'm the complete opposite. My SC who before this season had 24 goals in 77 Matches has gotten him self 16 in 23 matches and is currently top goal scorer in the premier league. And my sub SC has 6 goals in 8 starts. Before this patch I was generally relying on goals form midfield and keeping a clean sheet. The 5-0 in the middle is my first match on the new patch

TlrExD0.jpg

Problem is that threads like this are always biased towards doom and gloom, fact is unless your a regular poster on the forums your not going to come on to say every thing is OK and its generally going to be the people who have something to to complain or whine about that posts, so threads like these make it look like the game is completely broken where as there are probably many thousands of people currently enjoying their saves and feeling quite positive about the game but just don't feel the need to come on-line and state that. Saying that I wish some one help me with the bug currently making my network game unplayable http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379813-Fired-Incorrectly.

To be honest this looks like the same issue but in reverse. You were woeful before the patch and now you are the best team in the league. Seems to me that you were just lucky enough to have a tactic that works with the new version where as we had one that worked on the last patch. Surely your game just further proves that the update has caused issues?

To be honest this looks like the same issue but in reverse. You were woeful before the patch and now you are the best team in the league. Seems to me that you were just lucky enough to have a tactic that works with the new version where as we had one that worked on the last patch. Surely your game just further proves that the update has caused issues?

What about those who have struggled from the start, or those that have done well from the start. Really isn't that simple.

What about those who have struggled from the start, or those that have done well from the start. Really isn't that simple.

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that those that had a working tactic at the start, which became bad in a previous update, is working again? Or that we should look to create a new tactic every time an update comes out?

Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that those that had a working tactic at the start, which became bad in a previous update, is working again? Or that we should look to create a new tactic every time an update comes out?

If you've got a good tactic, that is based around logic and common sense, and has the right players in each of the roles, then it shoudn't matter if the game is updated. Although I'm still not winning much, this is the first year that my team haven't been affected by any of the updates so far. I've put a lot more time into learning player roles and team instructions this year due to the increased difficulty and enhanced AI, and it's made it a more rewarding experience.

If you've got a good tactic, that is based around logic and common sense, and has the right players in each of the roles, then it shoudn't matter if the game is updated. Although I'm still not winning much, this is the first year that my team haven't been affected by any of the updates so far. I've put a lot more time into learning player roles and team instructions this year due to the increased difficulty and enhanced AI, and it's made it a more rewarding experience.

My only comment is the stark difference between results before and after the update.

Also, I dont doubt my tactic is not perfect but ive posted for help in the tactics forum and so far 85 views and no comments means it cant be too awful.

One thing is undeniable in this latest patch, it's been posted by a very large number of people that their main strikers with very good ratings for finishing/composure/first touch have now all turned into sunday league overweight forwards unable to hit a barn door.

+ 1

I didn't realise that a new patch was out. I came on here to see what was wrong with my strikers and started reading this thread.

Although I won the 14/15 league comfortably with Man United, my trio of strikers (Rooney, RVP and Lewandowski) only scored about 20 out of the 78 goals.

I stopped playing on the weekend as I was getting seriously frustrated watching them constantly squander 1-on-1's. It's really annoying when you're constantly converting about 1 of 3 CCC's with these strikers in your team.

Sure, I was winning games and titles, but the element of fun had almost completely disappeared as most of the goals I was scoring came from set-pieces, rebounds and defensive errors.

My only comment is the stark difference between results before and after the update.

Also, I dont doubt my tactic is not perfect but ive posted for help in the tactics forum and so far 85 views and no comments means it cant be too awful.

Just had a look at your thread in the tactics forum.

Overall a fairly solid tactic, the only issue I would have with it is your two IFs which means a lot of your attacking is directed towards the middle of the pitch and I suspect you'll lack width in practice.

Just had a look at your thread in the tactics forum.

Overall a fairly solid tactic, the only issue I would have with it is your two IFs which means a lot of your attacking is directed towards the middle of the pitch and I suspect you'll lack width in practice.

Fair play, thanks mate. I have my RB playing attack so he should overlap on the flank. Ill try switching the left IF to Winger.

Shouldn't... but it can.

The idea that updates only break or negatively impact on exploitative or poorly constructed tactics is just massively illogical.

Fair play, thanks mate. I have my RB playing attack so he should overlap on the flank. Ill try switching the left IF to Winger.

Thanks Cougar. Ive made the switch and in the next 6 games we won 4 and drew 2 (against Arsenal away and utd at home). Suarez has 6 in 6, compared to 8 in the 16 games prior to the chance. We also finally won a game when the other team had a man sent off for the first time since the update (fourth or fifth attempt).

Archived