Football Manager 14 Feedback Thread - 14.1.4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest patch has made the game much more playable and therefore more enjoyable. The one oddity that I noticed is that when there's a PK, the ref goes and stations himself in the wrong 18 yard box. My team was awarded a PK and the ref took off and ran to the wrong box. After we scored, he came sprinting back to the correct box. Has anyone else noticed this?

Something I am having trouble understanding.

I am trying to sign this young player, now he is going to be a world class player in the future so I had to bid big, I eventually got a deal agreed for 20 million, 8 would be up front and the rest over so many months and add ons.

So fine, it is June and closed season, he would move to my club on the 1st July, my question is why do I have to pay the money now on the 1st of June?

Surely I would pay the club when the player moves to my club and not in advance?

Excellent stuff, can’t say I’ve noticed any red card issues, most if not all of the problems that I had noticed seem to have been fixed.

1. There are now far less shots

2. CCCs and HCs better calculated

3. Pressing now higher up the pitch

4. Headers now with much better trajectory

5. One on ones now seem to be the proper balance between the skill of attacker and the skill of the GK

6. Now this may seem odd but it’s impressing me, the players on the pitch now seem to reflect their skill levels much better, ie players with poor passing, miss hit passes, players with poor off the ball skills fail to read the game properly and don’t always read the next pass, it all looks much more realistic.

I’m sure I will spot some problems as I play more matches but the only thing I’ve really noticed so far is that first touch is still too good for lower league players, long balls hit over the top for instance are controlled as if they are a two yard knock down.

My first impression with 14.1.4 so far is that it appears much better balanced. As the poster above me said, it looks more realistic.

I experienced a freeze after windows-buttoning out of the full screen game while holidaying. Not experienced it again after going Windowed mode. Task manager didn't recognize it as a freeze - but then again clicking on anything did not work, including Task Manager. Alt-tabing worked, though, and I managed to restart the computer normally.

As for the ME, I have only played around in the Skrill South a bit, and there are two patterns that emerge for me

* quick strikers into space for a one-on-one is now a major way of scoring goals. Both my and the opponent's central defenders appear to be slow to react, although I have to say that they probably are all slow...

* I feel the need to click on all the "calm down your play, kids" shouts regardless of which formation and strategy I am trying out. Retain possession, shorter passing, play out of defence, work ball into box... anything to stop those "passes down the right/left" or "passes forward" or "clears the ball"messages that blink at me all the time. I just now tried my FM13 343 tactic here as well, and it looked much prettier right away - even though the only thing I have said is "more direct". As for now I think I will stick with it. By the looks of it, the heavy-muscle gameplay I have relied on for 15+ seasons in FM13 is no longer necessary - speed and technique might be just as viable.

Watching Full Match and Comprehensive I have seen less "bs" than usual this time a year. The update looks promising!

Something I am having trouble understanding.

I am trying to sign this young player, now he is going to be a world class player in the future so I had to bid big, I eventually got a deal agreed for 20 million, 8 would be up front and the rest over so many months and add ons.

So fine, it is June and closed season, he would move to my club on the 1st July, my question is why do I have to pay the money now on the 1st of June?

Surely I would pay the club when the player moves to my club and not in advance?

Has it actually been paid or was it just removed from your budget.

only thing that bothers me right now and has happened 2 times and I am only 8 games into the epl is the goalkeeper kicking it out to near the halfway line and the opponents player kicks it into the empty net, surely a defender or two would make sure this doesn't happen, can somebody explain in detail if this is tactical error or a bug.

only thing that bothers me right now and has happened 2 times and I am only 8 games into the epl is the goalkeeper kicking it out to near the halfway line and the opponents player kicks it into the empty net, surely a defender or two would make sure this doesn't happen, can somebody explain in detail if this is tactical error or a bug.

Just had this too. It was a common occurence on FM13 but first time I've seen it this time around.

Hopefully just a one off - their 'keeper was credited with an error which makes me think it was just a howler and not a bug.

Really sorry to say this, i've tried all the day with different games and tactics.

Personally i find the game exactly the same of two days ago.

Same errors, same unexplicable ways to lose the ball, same opponents that turns into Brazil from nowhere.

Really, really, really sad. It's like nothing is changed, at least for me.

I didnt mind either patch but the red cards are breaking my game i can confirm both to and against i have seen 13 in my last 8 games. I have set both player and team to ease off and stand off. Please sort this it becoming if they get a yellow take them off.

Just had this too. It was a common occurence on FM13 but first time I've seen it this time around.

Hopefully just a one off - their 'keeper was credited with an error which makes me think it was just a howler and not a bug.

Sounds like a howler to me tbh, but if he is repeating too often ( and isnt an entirely rubbish keeper) please do upload the pkm

Patch likely to impact tactics in a detrimental way? Tinkering requiring?

All I had to change was drop the push higher up shout.

Tactic is performing the same way and I'm getting as good as results.

Then again I made it with a real life tactic in mind so it should work the same on every patch.

uzcvz.png

uz0y2.jpg

These aren't user teams. I think after you fixed rate of stand-slide tackles success in match engine, injuries increased that much. I'm reading in forums a lot of complaint about increase of injuries.. I hope you can balance this..

Opposition instructions now all revert to 'No specific instructions' once you kick off if you set them up in the pre-match team talk section. (is this a known bug? I saw one thread mentioning it but can't find it in the bugs forum or on here)

Having played football manager (and championship manager) for years now I find this version to be one of the poorest in terms of realism and satisfaction. This is not to say I am frustrated due to it being to hard (in my seasons so far as Southampton manager I finished 3rd and 5 points off the title in my first year, currently in my second season in 4th position having reached the FA cup semi-finals and champions league quater-finals).

What's frustrating is the same issues a number of users are positing. I regularly have numerous shots (31 in my last game with 1 goal from a penalty), dominate games and grind out draws or narrow victories. It just seems silly to play each match in this manner, and yet sometimes the odd result (like thrashing Tottenham 6-0 away from home).

Players seem to take speculative long shots and there is no possibility to limit this! Victor Wanyama at one point last season and 115 shots with one goal (scored from inside the area no less) despite him having a rating of 16 in the long shots category and asking him to shoot less often. Even players with a high attribute in this area seem to fare very, very poorly (he is not an exception)! He has roughly about 5 attempts a game and this season and it is a familiar tale. Surely he should score once in a while with a decent attribute in this category or at least I should have the ability to tell him to get beyond 40yards before having a dig...

I also bought a winger, Bruno, from Anderlecht. He played on the right hand wing in my 4-3-3 formation and scored 14 goals in his first season with nearly all of them headed, despite his jumping and heading statistics proving very poor. Seems silly to complain but it makes no sense!

My strikers also seem to miss golden chances inside the box but have no problem scoring from the edge of the area.

Along with several other issues it just seems highly unrealistic and unfortunately spoil what I would otherwise consider a very good addition to the series!

But hey-ho...at least my results look good!

I've played 8 matches since the update and have seen a total of 6 lobs (view 5 of them below) in this time despite none of the players who have scored the lob even having the trait/preferred move. Possible problem here is is no-one else seeing them as often?

I can second this. Have seen a significant increase in the number of lobs (both attempted and scored) since the update.

Really sorry to say this, i've tried all the day with different games and tactics.

Same errors, same unexplicable ways to lose the ball, same opponents that turns into Brazil from nowhere.

Tactics, tactics, tactics!

Go and read the tactics forum with an open mind and learn what you are doing wrong.

Has it actually been paid or was it just removed from your budget.

It says it is removing it from my budget, the point is at this time of the year just 3 weeks from that date I will have my new budget and this should be taken into consideration when signing a player in closed season.

We don't have to pay the money up front, maybe a message saying that the board will back the transfer but the funds will be removed from the new budget which will be set in 3 weeks.

I would imagine in real life if a team knew they were going to have the money in 3 weeks and had the chance of such a good signing the board would back them, if by unseen circumstances the money was not there then the transfer could be cancelled on the 1st of July with a message saying there were not enough funds.

It is just slightly annoying knowing the money would be there in 3 weeks but I lost out on a good signing because the AI wants the money in close season without taking into consideration that the new budgets are imminent.

Is a shame really.

As you are really really really missing out on a good game > tactics forum. :)

Football Manager 2014

Show posts for all products, not just Football Manager 2014

FULL STORIES HEADLINES

27 Nov 2013Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.1.4

Community Announcements - Stuart Warren

Hello gaffers,

We've released Football Manager 2014 update v14.1.4. It's fully save-game compatible and the change list can be seen below.

If you have any problems, please post at community.sigames.com where our team will be on hand to help.

Happy managing!

14.1.4 Changelist

Stability & Performance

- Fixed rare crash/freeze during processing

- Fixed rare crash when using edited data

- Fixed rare crash in backroom advice

- Fixed rare freeze when processing

Unfortunately this did not fix the crashes I experience in my net game and this is the only reassn I bought it. I would like a refund as the game doesn't work, my computer is fine and I verified the cash. It just keeps crashing after a while and that's just not what I bought it for. I bought it from steam so what do I do to get a refund as its not working properly?

Thanks

No matter what I try my defence still pushes far too high up the pitch, leaving massive gaps behind for the opposition to exploit. I've just had Berbatov (hardly fast) run in behind my back four FOUR times in the first half.

Getting crucified by this since the update. Going to try changing the middle defender of my back three from a stopper to a cover, as at the moment pretty much every punt forward is a through ball.

I have changed my tactics to a 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMCs now, I put it in the tactics thread, it is working really nicely.

Since the update the players seem to be making better choices of passes which really helps in enjoying the game.

I have two tactics a 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1/4-3-3, I didn't set tempo and allow players to set it themselves, 2 wingers as IF on support, it's the defence that's making my game enjoyable, very tight and organised.

Getting crucified by this since the update. Going to try changing the middle defender of my back three from a stopper to a cover, as at the moment pretty much every punt forward is a through ball.

I'm playing with one of my defenders as cover and it's making no difference. Conceding a ridiculous amount of goals like this atm. And I seem to be scoring long range lobs. Dull.

I have to say i'm impressed,never thought the game was unplayable,just a bit unbalanced in some aspects but this update so far looks promising.

Not perfect still but a great base to work from now on.

The thing i like the most out of the last update is the better passing and player movement...players now make better decisions when retaining possession and seem to be more ''brave'' when deciding to go for a defence splitting through ball...also their movement seems smarter,it all makes build up play more fluent and enjoyable to watch.

The question is how did that happen when it's not listed in the ME change list...is it a consequence of something else?

ps : the ones having problems with gk's distribution,try retain possesion and control...it isn't working with attacking mentality anymore even if your gk has the instruction to pass it to defenders

Has anyone problems with the third/last substitute during the 3D match? I need two or more calls until it takes place. When I try it at first nothing happened after a few interruptions during the match. No substitution.

First and second substitution are fine.

Something a little strange in the German league.

The league has just lost a place in the CL, my board have given me the options for the season ahead and they offer me CL qualification 'X' amount and then title challenge 'X' amount, they differ quite a bit.

Now when you consider that only 2 teams now qualify now by right for the CL you also have to think that even if I finish 2nd I have still challenged for the league as well as qualified for the CL.

Football Manager 2014

Show posts for all products, not just Football Manager 2014

FULL STORIES HEADLINES

27 Nov 2013Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.1.4

Community Announcements - Stuart Warren

Hello gaffers,

We've released Football Manager 2014 update v14.1.4. It's fully save-game compatible and the change list can be seen below.

If you have any problems, please post at community.sigames.com where our team will be on hand to help.

Happy managing!

14.1.4 Changelist

Stability & Performance

- Fixed rare crash/freeze during processing

- Fixed rare crash when using edited data

- Fixed rare crash in backroom advice

- Fixed rare freeze when processing

Unfortunately this did not fix the crashes I experience in my net game and this is the only reassn I bought it. I would like a refund as the game doesn't work, my computer is fine and I verified the cash. It just keeps crashing after a while and that's just not what I bought it for. I bought it from steam so what do I do to get a refund as its not working properly?

Thanks

The majority of crashes are some kind of driver incompatibility - can you post details of a DXDiag and we'll see if we can help.

Otherwise it's Steam for a refund.

Having played football manager (and championship manager) for years now I find this version to be one of the poorest in terms of realism and satisfaction. This is not to say I am frustrated due to it being to hard (in my seasons so far as Southampton manager I finished 3rd and 5 points off the title in my first year, currently in my second season in 4th position having reached the FA cup semi-finals and champions league quater-finals).

What's frustrating is the same issues a number of users are positing. I regularly have numerous shots (31 in my last game with 1 goal from a penalty), dominate games and grind out draws or narrow victories. It just seems silly to play each match in this manner, and yet sometimes the odd result (like thrashing Tottenham 6-0 away from home).

Players seem to take speculative long shots and there is no possibility to limit this! Victor Wanyama at one point last season and 115 shots with one goal (scored from inside the area no less) despite him having a rating of 16 in the long shots category and asking him to shoot less often. Even players with a high attribute in this area seem to fare very, very poorly (he is not an exception)! He has roughly about 5 attempts a game and this season and it is a familiar tale. Surely he should score once in a while with a decent attribute in this category or at least I should have the ability to tell him to get beyond 40yards before having a dig...

I also bought a winger, Bruno, from Anderlecht. He played on the right hand wing in my 4-3-3 formation and scored 14 goals in his first season with nearly all of them headed, despite his jumping and heading statistics proving very poor. Seems silly to complain but it makes no sense!

My strikers also seem to miss golden chances inside the box but have no problem scoring from the edge of the area.

Along with several other issues it just seems highly unrealistic and unfortunately spoil what I would otherwise consider a very good addition to the series!

But hey-ho...at least my results look good!

I guess we all play the game in our own way. I have actually seen not 1 of your issues in my save :)

Clearly lobbing is an issue. Anyone else finding an increase of red cards? I've had 4 in 10 games since the update. Has been my LCB every single time and i'm sure they have all been professional fouls (tripping a player through on goal). I play with a high line and high pressure but i'm half way through my second season and haven't had massive trouble with the red cards until this update. Picked up plenty of yellow but few reds

Slight concerns after a handful of matches with the new patch: red cards and wingers. It's hard to tell if it's a coincidence, but I've gotten straight red cards in two games in a row now. Both incidents took place while I was leading and they were just vicious, two footed tackles during otherwise very inconspicuous passages of play in non-dangerous zones. Very odd. The wingers issue seems more consistent. They just make it to the byline and then completely stop doing anything. They almost don't move anymore, don't cross, don't pass it back, they just wait until the defenders get the ball off them. I've tried putting them on less dribbling, more crossing, more direct passing, cutting inside, nothing seems to make a difference. They still have their moments where they're not completely useless, but this sort of thing seems to happen way too often. I'm struggling to get them more involved and I've read similar complaints from other users. Is this something you guys are looking into?

Slight concerns after a handful of matches with the new patch: red cards and wingers. It's hard to tell if it's a coincidence, but I've gotten straight red cards in two games in a row now. Both incidents took place while I was leading and they were just vicious, two footed tackles during otherwise very inconspicuous passages of play in non-dangerous zones. Very odd. The wingers issue seems more consistent. They just make it to the byline and then completely stop doing anything. They almost don't move anymore, don't cross, don't pass it back, they just wait until the defenders get the ball off them. I've tried putting them on less dribbling, more crossing, more direct passing, cutting inside, nothing seems to make a difference. They still have their moments where they're not completely useless, but this sort of thing seems to happen way too often. I'm struggling to get them more involved and I've read similar complaints from other users. Is this something you guys are looking into?

Both known issues and under review as stated in this thread.

Can you please post this in the UI bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/368-User-Interface.

I know it's not convenient (and you probably already know) but as a temporary workaround, you can hit [print screen] and then paste into Paint (assuming you're on Windows).

From what I understand it is PRINT Screen that is not working in Full Screen, and as far as I know it is actually a Windows issue (Started happening for me when I upgraded to Windows 7), no issues with using ALT+F9 to put it into your Documents folder

Is a shame really.

As you are really really really missing out on a good game > tactics forum. :)

Trust me, i spend all the day (and night too) looking for a decent team shape.

That's not the problem. Also if i win is so unrealistic.

I see the results, in my Serie A Save, and if you want i can post it.

Not my games, of course.

Juventus-Napoli = 11-2 ?

Genoa-Chievo = 7-5 ?

Results like these have to happen once in a lifetime, here happens one week in and one week out.

Players that scores 40 goals in a league...can happen? In Italy the record is 33 and it happened one time in one century.

If i say that i do everything good and the mistake is all of ME i say a blasphemy, and i know.

But even say that this ME is good is like deny the reality.

Or maybe just in my game this happens.

And look, i lose and i'm okay with that. Also if i win, i swear that i don't care with a game in this conditions.

2e2j7d3.jpg

2lng0eo.jpg

Juventus-Napoli was 1st VS 2nd in Serie A. This games are not of my team.

What's the problem in saying that this year the massive changes have generated this problems?

Trust me, i've never see FM so unrealistic, it's like Captain Tsubasa.

A doubt came to me now: how can i see if my game is patched? In the main menu, bottom right, it's written 14.1.4

There is the possibility that maybe not all the games was patched? Because i see the same things "pre-patch" and i really (seriously) wondering that this may be a possibility, looking other players that don't find the issue that came to me in my game.

LOL, I just got sacked at Wigan for "Not dropping Gary Caldwell".

He is A. My captain

B. Being played because of injuries to other players.

I get that I was told by the chairman to drop him a month or so ago, but things change.

I realize its just a game, but that's a really crappy reason to get sacked giving those circumstance.

fed up with this, creating hardly any chances because wingers are not moving up the wings. my defenders have actually gotten WORSE. the wingers thing is effecting my central players as well, I can't play fluid because the strikers come deep and have no one to pass to, and just get tackled when they run on. defenders dont keep thier shape in rigid either. the stuff my team was doing before seems to not be happening

had 2 red cards in 4 matches for 2 footed lunges.

backup keeper on backup contract wants first team football also.

Archived